Xbox account hacked for Fifa 13 DLC

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
  • itsfuzzy 27 Sep 2012 23:26:00 53 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well i turned on my xbox this evening to play borderlands and i got a message stating "your account was recently signed into another console" , so i immediately got suspicious and i checked my play history and MS points, apparently i have been playing Fifa 13 and got 40 achievements even though i dont own the game and 3400 of my MS points are gone, spent on Fifa 13 DLC. I have contacted Xbox and they are looking into it now. But how is this still happening via Fifa hacks that have been around since Fifa 11. On Live for 6 years and seriously pissed , had to change all passwords for everything , CC, Live, Ebay, Paypal, just in case. EA links your Xbox live to their system, it has to be coming from their end!!
  • Deleted user 27 September 2012 23:52:20
    Is your password "itsfuzzy"?
  • Syrette 28 Sep 2012 00:11:16 43,295 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Be grateful for 40 achievements that you didn't have to work for.

  • Feanor 28 Sep 2012 01:38:39 14,140 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a good idea to maintain a zero MS Point balance at all times and not have any CC linked to your 360 account. Then if you get hacked, they can't buy anything.
  • two4player 28 Sep 2012 04:55:37 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @itsfuzzy It happened to me today as well... They took 3200 MSP and spent them on "FIFA 13". I also have 40G on my profile from FIFA 13, and that made me suspicious, because I HATE soccer, and would never play this game. Then I realized there's only 20 MSP left on my account. I'll be calling the live support when I wake up, and will see what they can do. Maybe 3200 MSP isn't a fortune, but I would literally crucify the hackers for what they are doing. Instead of stealing, maybe get a job and try to earn money legally!

    Of course I updated all my info and changed the email adress, but I think it isn't a problem for the hackers - my password to the hacked account was secure, and nobody but me knew it, as well as the password to my e-mail account. It must be a glitch in the Fifa 13 game making it possible to access others accounts easily.

    I hope Microsoft will at least improve the security, and I'd be glad if I got my MSP back. After all, it was me who paid for them, and never used them.
  • two4player 28 Sep 2012 04:55:50 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Andee 28 Sep 2012 05:39:16 681 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surprised to see this is still happening. I got FIFA'd about a year ago, despite not owning any of the games on 360.

    MS did at least deal with it quickly though, had the points refunded within 24 hours.

    Was it ever established if this was an EA or an MS issue?
  • Afiddes 28 Sep 2012 05:58:53 1,164 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    two4player wrote:
    I'll be calling the live support when I wake up,
    Anyone else really impressed that he could type that essay whilst asleep?

    3DS: 5198 2465 6450

  • itsfuzzy 28 Sep 2012 09:42:40 53 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CrispyXUK

    Not its not that at all.
    This has been going on since Fifa 11. Is it EA' s issue?
    They seem to go straight for accounts that have MS points, how the hell do they know that? Its all very very bad.
  • itsfuzzy 28 Sep 2012 09:44:25 53 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    It's a good idea to maintain a zero MS Point balance at all times and not have any CC linked to your 360 account. Then if you get hacked, they can't buy anything.
    You can have zero MS points , but you cant remove your CC details if that is used to renew your live account every year. I tried.
  • itsfuzzy 28 Sep 2012 09:53:30 53 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    two4player wrote:
    @itsfuzzy It happened to me today as well... They took 3200 MSP and spent them on "FIFA 13". I also have 40G on my profile from FIFA 13, and that made me suspicious, because I HATE soccer, and would never play this game. Then I realized there's only 20 MSP left on my account. I'll be calling the live support when I wake up, and will see what they can do. Maybe 3200 MSP isn't a fortune, but I would literally crucify the hackers for what they are doing. Instead of stealing, maybe get a job and try to earn money legally!

    Of course I updated all my info and changed the email adress, but I think it isn't a problem for the hackers - my password to the hacked account was secure, and nobody but me knew it, as well as the password to my e-mail account. It must be a glitch in the Fifa 13 game making it possible to access others accounts easily.

    I hope Microsoft will at least improve the security, and I'd be glad if I got my MSP back. After all, it was me who paid for them, and never used them.

    Did you by any chance buy cheap MS points cards from web sites like gamespointsnow ? I did for the 1st time about 6 weeks ago and now i got hacked. Wonder is there a link.?
  • two4player 28 Sep 2012 14:52:57 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    itsfuzzy wrote:
    two4player wrote:
    @itsfuzzy It happened to me today as well... They took 3200 MSP and spent them on "FIFA 13". I also have 40G on my profile from FIFA 13, and that made me suspicious, because I HATE soccer, and would never play this game. Then I realized there's only 20 MSP left on my account. I'll be calling the live support when I wake up, and will see what they can do. Maybe 3200 MSP isn't a fortune, but I would literally crucify the hackers for what they are doing. Instead of stealing, maybe get a job and try to earn money legally!

    Of course I updated all my info and changed the email adress, but I think it isn't a problem for the hackers - my password to the hacked account was secure, and nobody but me knew it, as well as the password to my e-mail account. It must be a glitch in the Fifa 13 game making it possible to access others accounts easily.

    I hope Microsoft will at least improve the security, and I'd be glad if I got my MSP back. After all, it was me who paid for them, and never used them.

    Did you by any chance buy cheap MS points cards from web sites like gamespointsnow ? I did for the 1st time about 6 weeks ago and now i got hacked. Wonder is there a link.?
    In fact, I have. I've bought my MSP on a site like this, but I wonder how they would know, cause I have used a different e-mail adress there, and never gave them my gamertag, just got the MSP redeem code e-mailed to me...
  • two4player 28 Sep 2012 23:59:10 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The best way is to contact Microsoft, now after less than 24h I have my account back. I also got the 3200 points from them, so it went fast and without problems. Hope you will get your points back as well! @itsfuzzy
  • itsfuzzy 29 Sep 2012 10:56:27 53 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    two4player wrote:
    The best way is to contact Microsoft, now after less than 24h I have my account back. I also got the 3200 points from them, so it went fast and without problems. Hope you will get your points back as well! @itsfuzzy
    Thanks for the info. I contacted them and i got my MS points codes for the amount taken. Im actually afraid to activate them , i think ill wait until Torchlight 2 comes out then activate them and spend straight away. EA and MS are remaining very tight lipped about this security breach. I guess thats what happens when a game as big as Fifa and and companies as big as EA and MS cant be criticized
  • two4player 29 Sep 2012 16:52:23 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    itsfuzzy wrote:
    two4player wrote:
    The best way is to contact Microsoft, now after less than 24h I have my account back. I also got the 3200 points from them, so it went fast and without problems. Hope you will get your points back as well! @itsfuzzy
    Thanks for the info. I contacted them and i got my MS points codes for the amount taken. Im actually afraid to activate them , i think ill wait until Torchlight 2 comes out then activate them and spend straight away. EA and MS are remaining very tight lipped about this security breach. I guess thats what happens when a game as big as Fifa and and companies as big as EA and MS cant be criticized
    I'm a little bit afraid of activating the codes as well, so I'll wait some days until i find something I want to spend these MSP on as well, I think it's the smartest we can do :)

    Edited by two4player at 16:52:42 29-09-2012
  • convercide 29 Sep 2012 17:26:17 5,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Andee Neither have been willing to accept the blame. However, I think I can shed some light on this...

    When I worked in Canada, I worked for a call centre. The company basically took contracts from major companies like Microsoft. I worked for them but helped Dell PC owners for example. Now, I know that one of (at least) of their call centres had an XBox Live support contract (not suggesting they had them all, for example Dell also sub-leased their tech support to another 2 companies). Now I know the kind of people I was working with. Most of them were great and took their job seriously. Not all of them were. Security at this place was a joke. I obviously didn't but I could have written down credit card numbers including CVC codes if I was that unscrupulous. Xbox support have access to all your e-mail account information. And I mean all of it. All it takes is a place with shitty security like that to not notice people make down notes they need to then call in to Tech Support themselves and get the e-mail password reset. It's far more simple than Microsoft make it out to be.

    If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

  • itsfuzzy 30 Sep 2012 11:00:14 53 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    convercide wrote:
    @Andee Neither have been willing to accept the blame. However, I think I can shed some light on this...

    When I worked in Canada, I worked for a call centre. The company basically took contracts from major companies like Microsoft. I worked for them but helped Dell PC owners for example. Now, I know that one of (at least) of their call centres had an XBox Live support contract (not suggesting they had them all, for example Dell also sub-leased their tech support to another 2 companies). Now I know the kind of people I was working with. Most of them were great and took their job seriously. Not all of them were. Security at this place was a joke. I obviously didn't but I could have written down credit card numbers including CVC codes if I was that unscrupulous. Xbox support have access to all your e-mail account information. And I mean all of it. All it takes is a place with shitty security like that to not notice people make down notes they need to then call in to Tech Support themselves and get the e-mail password reset. It's far more simple than Microsoft make it out to be.
    Very very interesting, seemed like an inside job. But why are all the hacks going on Fifa DLC? There must be an EA connection
  • dancingrob 30 Sep 2012 11:02:58 1,161 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FIFA DLC is just about the only way MSP can be turned back into real money.

    I don't play it myself, so am a little fuzzy on exactly how it works, but it's something to do with 'ultimate team' players.
  • convercide 30 Sep 2012 12:41:22 5,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @itsfuzzy Funnily enough they were trying to get an EA contract but it fell through. Which again means that EA do the same thing and their call centres are possibly anywhere. With likely just as weak security.

    A lot of companies have call centres like this.

    If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

  • michellehatch 26 Dec 2012 22:51:52 4 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hi all I'm new to this, but I have a very upset boy he got a lot of points for Xmas a spent them on packs on FIFA 13 and some one he was playing with online managed to control he's team and took he's players do you know or what I can do to solves this xxxxx
  • graysonavich 26 Dec 2012 23:03:44 7,320 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/online-privacy-and-safety/online-safety

    Chalk it up to experience and educate yourself on ways to monitor your childs online activity.

    As is in 99% of these "I done got hacked" cases, it's normally the childs (and subsequently parents) own fault.
  • Zizoo 26 Dec 2012 23:04:55 8,274 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are you swearing or signing off with kisses at the end of your message?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Dec 2012 00:43:15 37,765 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    michellehatch wrote:
    Hi all I'm new to this, but I have a very upset boy he got a lot of points for Xmas a spent them on packs on FIFA 13 and some one he was playing with online managed to control he's team and took he's players do you know or what I can do to solves this xxxxx
    Tell him to stop believing people will give him free MS points/FIFA coins if he puts his XBL username and password into a website. Because I'll guarantee that is what happened.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • caligari 27 Dec 2012 01:18:03 17,022 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep, I play quite a bit of Fifa online and the amount of spam from crooks (duplication of players, free points etc) is amazing.
  • michellehatch 28 Dec 2012 13:59:05 4 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ok thank you x
  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply