The World of Warcraft thread Page 369

• Page

of 377 First / Last

• graysonavich 9 Nov 2013 10:49:55 7,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They've never really cared about timelines during the leveling process. Lich King dies, appears, dies, appears, dies in the journey from 1-90.

But I don't think it will feel like two timelines (during the leveling process). Hitting Outland (as we currently know it) at 60 and then revisiting another Outland at 90 actually makes far more sense as you get to play out the story as it's happening.

Until of course they change something in Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor...but whatever.
  • Fydria 9 Nov 2013 11:50:29 561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    "Garrosh, Garrosh.. we have to go back!!

"Back where Doc?"
  • M83J01P97 9 Nov 2013 20:40:27 6,661 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So no Outland update at all in WoD... probably the biggest disappointment. Outland is a beautiful set of zones to quest through but the questing system is far too similar to vanilla WoW to be much fun now a days.

Not going back to Outland and doing a Cataclysm style update seems a terribly wasted opportunity.
  • Roddles 10 Nov 2013 08:29:36 1,901 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You level in outland for less than a day now. Not worth the resources at all.
  • graysonavich 20 Nov 2013 12:57:27 7,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://i.imgur.com/a33DdD7.jpg

wtf? Am I missing something here?
  • Megapocalypse 20 Nov 2013 13:00:56 5,431 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    With a little rearranging and changing of letters that could be quite offensive. You should be ashamed.
  • Benno 20 Nov 2013 13:35:43 9,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow did you hand level all those 90s? That must be a massive timesink
  • RedSparrows 20 Nov 2013 13:37:18 22,764 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Grayson, now I know why you're so angry.
  • Benno 20 Nov 2013 13:46:38 9,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So within a week of dinging 90, you can easily be ilevel 496 and clear SoO in one night in LFR.

So whats left to do?

I know there are higher iLevels. Beyond the LFR theres flex raids, normal raids and heroic raids right?

So thats another 3 levels of raiding above me, to see an additional 0% content? Whats the point exactly?

I remember in vanilla (last time I actually PvEed) where we'd raid Blackwing Lair to get gear good enough to be able to do AQ and then Naxx and beyond. This is surely how progression should be. That was great fun, and I envied those with better gear as they could take on completely new areas/content.

The Blizzard interns who are left working on WoW have literally taken the carrot off the stick, and people are still chasing it.
  • DFawkes 20 Nov 2013 13:50:54 22,987 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just so I'm clear, a character named "Runzra" has been flagged so you have to rename them? I don't understand.

Could it be a bug? Google shows me a thread where some people in the US were flagged because of a server transfer. Other that that, perhap:

"Advertise any organizations, or websites" - Runzra, implying you run the Zambia Revenue Authority. That's the only rule I could see that's even sort of close, and even then it's a stretch and an half.

Edited by DFawkes at 13:54:01 20-11-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• graysonavich 20 Nov 2013 13:54:08 7,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can clear SoO /the day/ you ding 90, never mind a week.

The raid progression is a far cry from the Black Temple/SSC attunement spreadsheet days - and is better for it imo. The "progression" is still the same - you're battling against other heroic progression guilds - if that is your thing.

I've opened a ticket regarding the name change. Asking for an explanation from their naming policy in case it happens again. I was just double checking I wasn't missing something completely obvious, as I've had that character since 2006.
  • teamHAM 20 Nov 2013 14:01:30 2,953 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    I remember in vanilla (last time I actually PvEed) where we'd raid Blackwing Lair to get gear good enough to be able to do AQ and then Naxx and beyond. This is surely how progression should be. That was great fun, and I envied those with better gear as they could take on completely new areas/content.
    The problem is that since those days so many people have bitched and whined about not being able to see the end game content. I was raiding AQ40 in vanilla but was aware that I was in the minority. Now it's all about access, access, access.

On top of that Blizzard's financial guys were no doubt in the dev teams ears saying "well we spent 30% of our content budget in Vanilla on Naxx, and yet it was only experienced by 1% of our subscription base... this has to change".

And so we are where we are, everything is diluted down for the masses. These days creativity and passion seems to give way to profit.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Benno 20 Nov 2013 15:19:22 9,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Benno wrote:
    The problem is that since those days so many people have bitched and whined about not being able to see the end game content. I was raiding AQ40 in vanilla but was aware that I was in the minority. Now it's all about access, access, access.

On top of that Blizzard's financial guys were no doubt in the dev teams ears saying "well we spent 30% of our content budget in Vanilla on Naxx, and yet it was only experienced by 1% of our subscription base... this has to change".

And so we are where we are, everything is diluted down for the masses. These days creativity and passion seems to give way to profit.
    I'd have thought there'd be at least one dungeon which not every PvE spaz such as myself can frolic in with gay abandon.
  • teamHAM 20 Nov 2013 15:58:28 2,953 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    their answer is less content, more repetition/difficulties. "Hey guys, listen, we only put in 3 dungeons, but its great. When you're a noob you can run them on normal, then when you're average you can run them on heroic. Then when you become leet, guess what, you can run them AGAIN on challenge mode. Awesome right?"

• Benno 20 Nov 2013 17:01:28 9,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    its a darn shame
  • RedSparrows 20 Nov 2013 18:33:07 22,764 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's no happy solution really: it's cool to have areas and bosses that are scary and atmospheric partially because they're so dangerous, but because of that most people won't see it, and feel left out.

RedSparrows: stating the obvious since whenever.
  • graysonavich 20 Nov 2013 18:39:24 7,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd bet you could count the amount of people who did Tier 3 that are still playing today on one hand.

I know the 23 year old me is vastly different to the 30 year old me. I have friends who are in the "go go heroic!" phase - I'm just happy to tag along with what I can and see the content at my own pace.
  • Fydria 20 Nov 2013 18:56:01 561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/a33DdD7.jpg

wtf? Am I missing something here?
    You've got too many characters with names that start with R, give someone else a chance for flip sake.
  • elephantjuice 21 Nov 2013 11:25:33 669 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was quite disappointed I couldn't name my Troll Druid UmBongo, I spose it's a bit more obvious why though.
  • Benno 21 Nov 2013 12:45:30 9,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its not all bad. As I mentioned previously, I am a big fan of the LFR system. Its nice for casuals like me to be able to log on and be raiding within 5 minutes, without having to whisp some 13 year old kid my achievements and iLevel.
  • Benno 21 Nov 2013 12:47:19 9,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All they need now is some sort of system to match you with arena teammates automatically if you just fancy a few games (unranked). They used to have it, called Skirmish mode. I still dont understand why they took that out. Now I have to wisp some 13 year old kid my achievements and iLevel just to play some arena.
  • graysonavich 21 Nov 2013 12:48:48 7,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pics optional but preferred.
  • vijay_UK 22 Nov 2013 11:12:07 2,162 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They should tell you that a Scroll of Challenge is needed to summon Archiereus, before you put in General Chat 'Everyone get ready, I'm going in'.

Never seen so many turn up for a fight.
  • Benno 22 Nov 2013 21:36:37 9,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anyone fancy some casual arena with my resto shammy? I am assuming you can do all this tom foolery cross realm now right?
  • Benno 22 Nov 2013 21:42:45 9,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yes i just checked, as of 5.4 it seems. We should get a little 3v3 or 5v5 squad together for some lulz

for the alliance!
  • teamHAM 22 Nov 2013 22:24:45 2,953 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    for the alliance!
    Good man

• Mekanik 22 Nov 2013 23:12:36 3,570 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pff. Alliance noobs....
  • Roddles 23 Nov 2013 12:26:57 1,901 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    METAL AND TENTS
  • Fydria 23 Nov 2013 16:05:42 561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm quite enjoying Timeless Isle. I hadn't read anything about it so it's been quite refreshing exploring all the different things it has to offer.

I don't understand the outcry about no flying moments until the first major patch in the expansion either. Flying is so convenient but when you can just fly over an entire area you lose that sense of immersion.
  • M83J01P97 23 Nov 2013 16:16:04 6,661 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As long as there is compelling stuff to do at 100 that doesn't involve lots of trekking around the new map between lots of different locations... Then the lack of flying until the first patch won't bother me in the slightest.
  • Page

of 377 First / Last