Planetside 2 Page 33

• Page

of 64 First / Last

• andytheadequate 13 Jan 2013 23:39:39 8,173 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    You can still find me on Woodman. Had great fun defending an amp station today.

Killing people trying to destroy the generators etc.

Love this game.
    On woodman, what faction are you Errol?
  • Widge Moderator 14 Jan 2013 07:44:56 13,572 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I find all maps have quirks to learn with which to navigate, I have a hankering to head back to old Amerish for some pretty grassy japes. Some of the areas on there were quite awesome for scraps.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Pompeybear 14 Jan 2013 11:05:03 454 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anybody about tonight from about 7.30 for an hour ?
  • Bleh 15 Jan 2013 06:13:42 243 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really need to play this more. Tried playing it on my laptop but it wasn't the experience I was hoping too get. I hope the performance patch will help out.

Does anyone has some good pointers for upgrades? I have some basic class upgrades for my medic + c4 charges, which are actually quiet nice. Made some pretty nice mess yesterday. But for my vehicles I actually have no idea what the best would be.
  • Widge Moderator 15 Jan 2013 09:21:16 13,572 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bleh wrote:
    I really need to play this more. Tried playing it on my laptop but it wasn't the experience I was hoping too get. I hope the performance patch will help out.

Does anyone has some good pointers for upgrades? I have some basic class upgrades for my medic + c4 charges, which are actually quiet nice. Made some pretty nice mess yesterday. But for my vehicles I actually have no idea what the best would be.
    Go through and look for the 1 cert upgrades, for vehicles this will be the 2x zoom on weapons. You will need to attach these to deploy with it.

On standard weapons, a rail grip will improve your medic/engy accuracy.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Bleh 15 Jan 2013 10:11:28 243 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got all of the upgrades you mentioned Widge.

I was wondering what is better the Advanced Shield Capacitor or the Nanoweave Armor? Got some points in Nanoweawe armor but somehow I can't help too get the feeling the advanced shield capacitor is better. What would you recommend the Nanite Revive Grenade or the Nanite Healing Grenade.

Maybe I should just get a booster so I can get more points faster. Might be easier and than it doesn't mind if I pick something less useful.
  • DUFFKING 15 Jan 2013 10:28:08 7,257 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All classes other than inf have 500 shield (inf has less). Advanced shield capacitor at max level gives 10% more shield. Most weapons do 75 dmg a shot, so you'll take 8 shots to kill instead of 7.

If you get killed alot in 1vs1 fights Nanoweave is better, if you tend to survive by the skin of your teeth get the shield capacitor.

Flak armour is better than both IMO. At most you're surviving one extra bullet, which is about a hundredth of a second longer to kill you. Flak armour, especially on a medic when your main threat healing people is explosive spam will increase your survivability.

Keep the standard grenades, as using the alternatives aren't that good and they replace your standard grenades which are very powerful and you already have 2 very effective healing tools.
  • Bleh 15 Jan 2013 11:03:17 243 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks all for the tips. Didn't know that the grenades would be replaced.
    So if I understand correctly all these extra too survive longer are only marginal.
  • SClaw 15 Jan 2013 11:11:36 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But marginal can help. Pretty much everything is situational here. Healing grenades can have a huge effect on a bio-lab fight or in other tight conditions, although I see less use for the revive grenade. I would not use it unless with an organised team, however, as it's just too rare.

My suggestion would be to find a gun you like an upgrade the hell out of it. With a grip, ammo and sight attached any gun becomes hugely better. It's a better investment than putting certs into vehicles until you find one you really, really like to use (I use my sundy all the time, so I have loads of certs on it, but wasted a ton on the lightning because I almost never both getting one when in a team).
  • Bleh 15 Jan 2013 11:38:56 243 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The problem is a bid due to the limit playtime I try to get the best out if it as soon as possible. If it would run better on my laptop that would at least improve the playtime ;-).

Got the gun upgraded and the scope made indeed a huge different. I like the magrider. Tank battles remind me of the good old days in battlefield 1942. I made some nice long rang kills with it, only does damn airplanes.
  • Carbon_Altered 15 Jan 2013 13:51:49 675 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    can you have two rail upgrades on one gun?
  • SClaw 15 Jan 2013 14:28:58 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nope.
  • Bleh 16 Jan 2013 17:35:05 243 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't know if it has been said before but the H-V45 rocks. It's a really good weapon for close/mid range. Ideal for attacking/defending a base. Made many new enemies today ;-).
  • DUFFKING 16 Jan 2013 21:17:06 7,257 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm liking the Corvus for the medic atm. Statistically it doesn't sound that good, as it has the lowest DPS of any AR for vanu..

But it has a very tight cone of fire, and more importantly, the accuracy is astonishingly good, it has the highest individual bullet damage and is very controllable. It wins every single long range fight with ease, and the COF is small enough that you can win medium range fights without missing a shot firing full auto, and at close range even if the ROF is slow, it's easy to hit every shot.
  • Gl3n Moderator 17 Jan 2013 11:12:16 5,602 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is anyone else feeling like the game's spell is starting to wear off on them?

What's there is great, but the usual lack of meta is such a glaring hole. I suppose so far I've been playing around with weapons, vehicles and unlocks enough for it to not notice really.

The game is such a Zerg at times, pitched fights feel few and far between. While the sequel has fantastic gameplay mechanics I miss the depth and strategy of the original badly.

Edited by Gl3n at 12:00:18 17-01-2013
  • captbirdseye 17 Jan 2013 11:18:30 4,978 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, put in 50hrs and taken break due to the above. They really need to sort out defending and make it worthwhile rather than just following the zerg.
  • Widge Moderator 17 Jan 2013 11:24:42 13,572 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wonder if this will change as more continents come into play, as the outfits settle into roles. I wonder if you could get dedicated "we are outfit BLAH and we defend this installation" crews.

Wonder how PS1 started off and involved.

Still loving playing it though, I just have a blast. Quite happy to follow on the flanks of the zerg, putting attentions where they are not focused, looking for enemy movement away from the column.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Bleh 17 Jan 2013 12:46:19 243 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still love playing it but than again I properly haven't played it as much as the rest. It reminds me of the good old days with bf1942 only this being on an even larger scale.

I can understand that if you played it more it starts too feel repetitive but I'm confident the game will evolve with time.
  • DUFFKING 17 Jan 2013 12:57:48 7,257 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    Is anyone else feeling like the game's spell is starting to wear off on them?

What's there is great, but the usual lack of meta is such a glaring hole. I suppose so far I've been playing around with weapons, vehicles and unlocks enough for it to not notice really.

The game is such a Zerg at times, pitched fights feel few and far between. While the sequel has fantastic gameplay mechanics I miss the depth and strategy of the original badly.
    A little. SOE are looking at ways to improve things, they're consulting with the community on it soon. http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/16q7ic/announcing_the_first_community_design_meeting/

I once we have more continents and continent locks are in things will improve too.
  • orpheus 17 Jan 2013 18:07:27 1,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The metagame is really lacking, it's true - I'm hoping the Jan patch goes a long way to fixing that with the base changes, so the larger bases are actually defensible. That community design stuff looks good as well.

I view this stage of the game much as I did the beta, funnily enough - as early stage gameplay. If SOE really are serious about keeping this going for years, it's going to change a lot in that time, and the community design stuff, plus how much they are listening and seem willing to make changes like the forthcoming base tunnels, makes me think it'll improve a lot over the coming months.

I'm enjoying being in from the very start and seeing how it all progresses. Fingers crossed for the patch, heh.
  • Pompeybear 17 Jan 2013 18:41:42 454 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anybody around from about 7.45?
  • DUFFKING 18 Jan 2013 13:10:34 7,257 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh, tobuscus has been replaced by LevelCap as the VS leader for the showdown.
  • DUFFKING 19 Jan 2013 13:30:57 7,257 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New spawn room design:

http://i.imgur.com/TZ08iJR.jpg

Looks excellent.

Biolab spawns now have roof access and balconies going round. Larger bases will have tunnels for defenders to move through.

New amp station walls too:

http://i.imgur.com/w98Orqg.jpg

Edited by DUFFKING at 13:32:18 19-01-2013
  • TheRealBadabing 19 Jan 2013 13:49:33 1,312 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wonder if the new walls will let engi guns fire over them. It's frustrating that their barrels are still at just the wrong height to fire over a simple railing.
  • Errol 20 Jan 2013 14:57:34 12,483 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So are you all on Miller then? I may transfer to Miller when the transfer tokens are available.

What outfit are you all in and could I join?
  • andytheadequate 20 Jan 2013 15:06:56 8,173 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Most of us are vanu on miller. I'm sure Orpheus would send you an outfit invite. Is anyone online late tonight?
  • Carbon_Altered 20 Jan 2013 15:39:32 675 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So is there any consensus on the best means of taking down enemy aircraft?

There seems to be quite a lot of options:

heavy infantry (lock on) missiles
    Max double burster
    Lighting AA gun
    Pilot a sythe
    And I presume a few I've missed
  • Clive_Dunn 20 Jan 2013 16:44:47 4,780 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Max is the best way to take down aircraft, preferably 2 or 3 of them working together.
  • orpheus 20 Jan 2013 17:54:46 1,000 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Errol - the outfit is UBAD and yes, you're very welcome if you transfer - the more the merrier!

Carbon - like Clive says, Burster MAX is by far the most effective. You get one Burster arm for the MAX suit by default, the second one costs 700 SC/1000 certs, but is well worth it.
  • Carbon_Altered 20 Jan 2013 18:16:37 675 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, needs teamwork though doesn't it? I remember playing with you guys a week or so a go and 3 or 4 of you in the Max laying waste to enemy air support. But a lone Max isn't going to do all that.
  • Page

of 64 First / Last