Planetside 2 Page 28

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• Nasty 5 Jan 2013 19:58:43 4,741 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there anyone online now who can invite to the outfit? I have a couple of folk on my friends list but they're always offline when I'm playing :'(
  • Carbon_Altered 5 Jan 2013 20:36:15 675 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Yes but some might not make it a requirement just to join a squad. Already said I don't mind using it, in fact I use comms every night while doing very bad things in a magrider.

The issue for me isn't using voice comms, I am simply looking for an outfit that doesn't make it a requirement for normal play.

This is not me having a go at UBAD! Some people just prefer different things.
    I didn't think it was a "requirement" just something that would be incredibly useful to have - save the squad leader typing everything out while trying not to get shot in the face.
  • andytheadequate 5 Jan 2013 21:13:48 8,111 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Even if you just join the voice comms and listen it can help a lot. If you can't hear what anyone else is saying there isn't a great benefit to playing with a coordinated squad anyway, as you will always be a step behind when moving on etc

Edited by andytheadequate at 21:21:33 05-01-2013
  • TheRealBadabing 5 Jan 2013 23:30:06 1,295 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know the value of voice comms, I have been using them since TFC. It's great for small teams...

Was just asking if there were any other outfits I could join, not criticising anyone. Doesn't look like there are any other groups from EG so please forget I mentioned it.
  • andytheadequate 5 Jan 2013 23:36:38 8,111 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think the only other EG outfit is on woodman, but may be wrong.
  • andytheadequate 6 Jan 2013 02:02:24 8,111 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good fun tonight, even if it was a meat grinder. I do love my anti infantry max though...
  • orpheus 6 Jan 2013 02:31:45 1,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Yes but some might not make it a requirement just to join a squad. Already said I don't mind using it, in fact I use comms every night while doing very bad things in a magrider.

The issue for me isn't using voice comms, I am simply looking for an outfit that doesn't make it a requirement for normal play.

This is not me having a go at UBAD! Some people just prefer different things.
    I forget now what your in-game name is, but my requirement of voice to be in the squad is simply to be able to hear - if you need to respond in text, that's not a problem. I don't mind new members joining without it to begin with as it's a start just getting them into the squad and playing, but as Carbon rightly says, if you don't, I have to spend half my time typing stuff - and given that SLs spend half their time in the map figuring out what to do next/sending invites/liaising with other SLs etc, that doesn't leave me much actual play time left! If you're using comms every night in a magrider, as you say, why would the type of comms (in game or vent) make any difference to what you're already doing?

No offence taken mind, I know it's not always possible to be able to speak - but being able to hear is important. If there's a way we can make this work for you, I'm happy to explore it, but it will be the exception, rather than the rule where UBAD is concerned. I get enough grey hairs from being the primary SL as it is without adding more ;) Chuck me a PM if you prefer and we'll see if we can work something out.

And to my knowledge, the one chap who had that awful buzzing noise has now fixed it -and yes, it was irritating for everyone - but that's the price we occasionally pay for having everyone involved!

While I think about it, Clive old chap, I've been sending you invites the last few nights - are you missing them, or is this another voice comms issue? I'd rather know so everyone can be happy, we're all in it to enjoy ourselves after all :)

Edited by orpheus at 02:37:10 06-01-2013
  • Carbon_Altered 6 Jan 2013 17:38:40 675 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got my head set and Ventrilo settings sorted now. I've connected to the server listed in the outfit page of the game, but don't have a password?

Just had a quick blast, but not so much of a blast and more of a supporting role. This is ace cos I'm generally crap at the "S" part of FPS - I'm never going to be Rambo, but this game really rewards you for supporting those that are. So running round the front line dropping ammo or repairing stuff is (a) great fun and (b) gets you the xp. Nice balance.
  • Clive_Dunn 6 Jan 2013 19:33:13 4,778 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Orpheus - no, it isn't a voice comms issue for me. I don't remember seeing any invites, did see a PM pop up but was heavily engaged around Eisa at the time and forgot to go back and check / reply.
  • DUFFKING 6 Jan 2013 20:01:30 7,185 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    VS have the Crown on Woodman.

0_0
  • orpheus 6 Jan 2013 20:45:42 1,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Clive_Dunn wrote:
    Orpheus - no, it isn't a voice comms issue for me. I don't remember seeing any invites, did see a PM pop up but was heavily engaged around Eisa at the time and forgot to go back and check / reply.
    Good to hear chap :) You won't see invites if you're already in a squad, and that seems to have been the case the last few times - you might have auto-join set to on maybe? I've sent tells etc to let you know there's an outfit squad up but as you say if you're heavily engaged they're easy to miss! Worth keeping an eye out for in future though :)
  • Progguitarist 6 Jan 2013 21:38:42 10,413 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any peeps pew pewing tonight?
  • Rusty_M 6 Jan 2013 21:51:15 4,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have been and can resume. Still don't know what I'm doing, but it can be epic.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Progguitarist 6 Jan 2013 22:24:03 10,413 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Neither do I but I love it :)
  • andytheadequate 6 Jan 2013 22:27:37 8,111 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'll probably be on, loved the games last night after a week or so off
  • Rusty_M 6 Jan 2013 23:03:42 4,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just follow the explosions and try to shoot enemy stuff and something about capturing/defending objectives.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• andytheadequate 7 Jan 2013 10:05:00 8,111 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    I just follow the explosions and try to shoot enemy stuff and something about capturing/defending objectives.
    You mean there are other tactics? :)

I seem to spend all of my time in a max now. You can really do some damage if you have a few engineers around.

Do the leaderboards work in this game?

Edited by andytheadequate at 10:06:13 07-01-2013
  • Gl3n Moderator 7 Jan 2013 13:34:22 5,363 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, after finally returning home post christmas and new year, I'm able to log in and play.

The problem is, I have no idea what to spend my massive amount of sales-bought SC Cash!

I'd go for a weekly bundle if this week's wasn't for the bloody Flash.

Edited by Gl3n at 14:28:41 07-01-2013

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Widge Moderator 7 Jan 2013 14:01:44 13,406 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I completely miss these things, where does it show you the weekly bundle and what is in it? Also, are the contents good value?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• andytheadequate 7 Jan 2013 14:14:39 8,111 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Gl3n - by far the best purchase I made were the double anti infantry guns for the max. Can't remember it's name though...

A second burster for the max isn't a bad investment either. The standard infantry weapons all seem decent enough so not sure it's worth paying for a other one...
  • DUFFKING 7 Jan 2013 14:26:55 7,185 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    So, after finally returned home post christmas and new year, I'm able to log in and play.

The problem is, I have no idea what to spend my massive amount of sales-bought SC Cash!

I'd go for a weekly bundle if this week's wasn't for the bloody Flash.
    Are you Vanu?

For the Max I got a pair of Cosmos for anti infantry. They have a lower rate of fire than the Quasar and Blueshift, but are a LOT more accurate and do more damage. And they have 75 shot magazines so you can fire and fire and fire.

A second burster is handy as well if you find yourself rolling with a squad a lot.

If your Magrider has a gunner most of the time, absolutely get the Saron HRB secondary. It demolishes enemy armor.

If you fly a Liberator get a Zephyr and the infrared scope. If you fly a scythe the Rocket Pods and A2A missiles are always good. I quite like the hailstorm for A2A as well, and the PPA is good for killing infantry.

I have the HEAT rounds for the lightning as well but never really got round to using them...

For primary weapons... Light Assault/Engineer I'd grab either the Pulsar-C or VX6-7. The former is a slower firing high damage carbine that's awesome if you can be accurate, though to be truly effective you need to dump a lot of certs on it - there's 2 levels of foregrip, plus the compensator and HV ammo. But it's my favourite carbine as it trumps absolutely everything else at medium to long range. If you fight at close-medium range the VX6-7 is ace because if you cert into the laser sight for it, the cone of fire is tiny and it has a really good fire rate, you'll slaughter people in biolabs and watchtowers, etc as long as you hipfire it.

For Heavy Assault I'm not sure on my favourite, I have the Flare and find it inconsistent. The Pulsar LSW is quite popular.

Infiltrator I have the Parallax for sniping as it's the best bolt action (fastest projectile, highest damage). I also have the Nyx which is very niche, I've got a compensator and laser on it and hipfire it. It's good with practice but unreliable. Also got the Artemis which is basically a carbine but with 20 shot clip so you can't really get into big fights, but for quick close range takedowns it's good.

Medic I have the NS11-A. It just feels perfectly balanced.
  • Widge Moderator 7 Jan 2013 14:46:18 13,406 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really rue-ing not having a Saron, I could only afford the Photon thing.

I did get loads of stuff, although it all escapes my mind. Kitted out the Max awesomely, the Lightning with AA gun, the Sundy with some grenades, a decent Engineer weapon - may have been the Pulsar-C... not sure.

_ _ _

• Gl3n Moderator 7 Jan 2013 14:47:19 5,363 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers for the comprehensive tips fellas :-)

I should make proper use of that weapon trial feature.

• Widge Moderator 7 Jan 2013 15:02:34 13,406 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You forget about it, but it is quite handy. Getting 30 minutes of dual AA on the MAX sold me on it.

_ _ _

• Gl3n Moderator 7 Jan 2013 15:12:22 5,363 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The sequel could really do with the first game's shooting ranges. It feels quite dicey dropping a fair amount of digi-monies on stuff when you've no experience with them.

• andytheadequate 7 Jan 2013 15:17:38 8,111 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There is a 30 minute weapon trial available...
  • orpheus 7 Jan 2013 15:46:27 1,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    There is a 30 minute weapon trial available...
    One thing to note is that you can't always equip stuff while dead. I noticed this last night when my prox mines magically disappeared from my Engi loadout. You have to spawn somewhere, then change the loadout, then resupply at a Sundie or terminal. Caused me a minute or two of panic!

Weapon trial really is a godsend though. I trial everything before buying.

Edit: good tip on the Cosmos as well Duffking, is the Cosmos what you're using on your AI MAX Andy?

Edited by orpheus at 15:47:40 07-01-2013
  • Clive_Dunn 7 Jan 2013 18:33:21 4,778 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For heavy assault the SVA-88 and decimator load out are my preference. The gun is accurate at medium ranges, and the deci packs a big old punch on the rear armour of tanks. As well as acting as a short range noob tube for one shot kills.
  • andytheadequate 7 Jan 2013 18:56:27 8,111 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think they're the Cosmo. I know it wasn't the default AI gun as I had to buy two of them.

I figured out why I wasn't able to shoot a few nights ago. It wasn't a bug, I'd just been naughty and shot too many team mates in the huge fight ...
  • Carbon_Altered 7 Jan 2013 20:53:07 675 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    why does everyone else have more armour and better guns than me? What do I need to buy to get ahead? Been putting certs into nano armour, will that help? Or is this a real money thing (which I am happy to do)
  • Page

of 63 First / Last