Planetside 2 Page 52

• Page

of 65 First / Last

• RedSparrows 7 Jul 2013 12:41:21 24,156 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I took out a BR90 in his fucking mozzie with a drop pod the other night. Was so happy.
  • orpheus 7 Jul 2013 17:28:24 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Drop-pod Sundie killing is possibly the most annoying thing in the game, it's literally unstopppable if you have enough pods dropping.

Our air squads this weekend have been fucking awesome, well done all who've participated. Outfit in general has been great this weekend, we've had some great fights and great coordination. Good show BADs!
  • PearOfAnguish 16 Jul 2013 11:21:08 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    VS got fucking rolled yesterday. We were doing well on Indar but TR locked down Amerish and a combination of TR and NC kept us down on Esamir too.

Btw there's some cool new shit on the test server. New pistols, NS SMGs and finally new VS gun sounds. PEW PEW.
  • TheRealBadabing 16 Jul 2013 17:40:22 1,360 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Until harassers (especially fucking vulcan whores) get nerfed hard I'm taking my toys and going home.

More HP than a lightning, faster than a flash and top-tier weaponry isn't enough? I know, why don't we let them repair on the run!
  • Reacher 16 Jul 2013 17:41:32 899 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I started playing this on Friday. It's fuckin excellent.
  • orpheus 16 Jul 2013 19:00:45 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reacher wrote:
    I started playing this on Friday. It's fuckin excellent.
    Obligatory 'if you're not Vanu on Miller you're doing it wrong' post. :)

Send Saul a tell in-game/add as friend if you are VS on Miller and want to join the outfit.
  • Reacher 16 Jul 2013 19:04:38 899 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am Vanu and on Miller. Do I win 5?
  • orpheus 16 Jul 2013 19:21:57 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You win an outfit invite and a bunch of good guys to play with.

I know, I know, you'd rather have the fiver. Send Saul a friend request and I'll sort it out when I get on tonight. Install TS3 if you've not already got it (please!).
  • PearOfAnguish 17 Jul 2013 09:05:51 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Until harassers (especially fucking vulcan whores) get nerfed hard I'm taking my toys and going home.

More HP than a lightning, faster than a flash and top-tier weaponry isn't enough? I know, why don't we let them repair on the run!
    I'm not one for calling for nerfs, but yeah, Harrassers are total bullshit right now. They should either have good armour or good weapons, but both plus the ability to repair on the move? Fuck off. It's nonsense when you see them take 3 or 4 AV warhead hits and just keep on going.

There was a TR outfit using them on Esamir yesterday. I was watching from a nearby base and could see them buzzing around taking down tanks. Total BS. Though it did give me a nice opportunity to practice with the AV turret on them, got quite good at leading the rocket just enough to hit them in the arse when they were running away. Gave them a few nice surprises when they thought they were safe to repair.
  • RedSparrows 17 Jul 2013 10:42:27 24,156 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Every time I take out AA weaponry, I find tanks and infantry. Every time I take out ground weaponry, I find Mozzies and Reavers.
  • PearOfAnguish 17 Jul 2013 10:44:04 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Get a Striker, problem solved. :)
  • RedSparrows 17 Jul 2013 10:48:18 24,156 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am poor lowly Vanu :(
  • Duffking 17 Jul 2013 10:53:01 7,550 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If these implants actually come in as Sony intend next week I may well quit the game. Seriously, nobody wants pay to win bullshit in this game and they're going full throttle for it.
  • PearOfAnguish 17 Jul 2013 11:04:53 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I am poor lowly Vanu :(
    Vanu AA is tricky. The Lightning with Skyguard isn't bad (and it becomes available on all your characters), but requires you to pull a tank, and it's very vulnerable to any kind of semi-organised AV effort from ground or air. MAX bursters will scare off air but doesn't seem to do all that much damage unless there's a group of you.

I did try the VS lock-on launcher briefly but it misses a lot. The Lancer is reasonably good as it's very fast and accurate, but again you need a group of HAs with Lancer's all firing charged shots to actually destroy anything.

The Striker might be annoying for other faction pilots, but it's also frustrating as VS to be constantly hammered by skygods who get to jet around without too many concerns. Some manner of organisation during air assaults can prevent it becoming overwhelming but that is all too rare outside of a decent squad.

There are changes coming to base design on Esamir which appear to be aimed at focusing base battles on infantry by making air assaults on fortified positions far riskier for pilots.

DUFFKING wrote:
    If these implants actually come in as Sony intend next week I may well quit the game. Seriously, nobody wants pay to win bullshit in this game and they're going full throttle for it.
    Details here in case anyone isn't already aware.

It does sound like a massive amount of pay-to-win bullshit.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 11:16:06 17-07-2013
  • Reacher 17 Jul 2013 11:16:02 899 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @orpheus I'll look in to it later. I'll have to get TS3, as I normally use Mumble.
  • RedSparrows 17 Jul 2013 11:21:50 24,156 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If the cert cost is low, then it won't be too problematic - a cert sink for high levels?

Even so, does sound horribly perk like.
  • PearOfAnguish 17 Jul 2013 11:33:50 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shouldn't cost certs/SC at all, not for a consumable. Should come out of infantry resources.

It's just going to mean that the people who can afford it will have a big advantage over other players. Infiltrators running around with the sensor implant so they never show up on the map? Wonderful.

That health regen is a nice one for engineers too - unlimited health to go with the unlimited ammo. So many times I've been almost killed by a sniper while annoying the shit out of the enemy with the AV turret, now with that implant I won't need to go hunting for a medic.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 12:46:40 17-07-2013
  • Duffking 17 Jul 2013 12:22:30 7,550 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Best way to do it would be to have all of them unlocked, and allow you to choose which ones to equip, maybe 2 or 3, and allow you to cert into them to improve them. That way it would fit the existing system...
  • PearOfAnguish 17 Jul 2013 12:23:58 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't it work that way in PS1? You started out with one implant slot and could unlock up to three or something.
  • Reacher 17 Jul 2013 13:50:52 899 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If someone could send me an invite, my char name is Kanguar.

At the moment, I'm teaming with my mate a lot, so will see if he wants to join too.
  • PearOfAnguish 17 Jul 2013 13:55:03 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is that Kanguar the Destroyer?
  • orpheus 17 Jul 2013 19:07:19 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reacher wrote:
    If someone could send me an invite, my char name is Kanguar.

At the moment, I'm teaming with my mate a lot, so will see if he wants to join too.
    Sent you a friend request - pick it up when you get on and I'll get invites sorted. Your mate's welcome as well, more the merrier!
  • PearOfAnguish 18 Jul 2013 08:23:58 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Implants are off for now! They've gone "back to the drawing board".
  • binky Moderator 18 Jul 2013 08:49:25 9,945 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm still itching to play this, I really do hope it takes off on PS4 - I also hope enough of my friends list switches from xbox to PS4 with me to make it fun!

Love that they've gone back to the drawing board on the implant thing, showing that they're listening to the community; rather than having a my way or the high way attitude.
  • Duffking 18 Jul 2013 10:00:21 7,550 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Implants are off for now! They've gone "back to the drawing board".
    THANK FUCK
  • Reacher 18 Jul 2013 10:03:19 899 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @orpheus Thanks. I'll log in and check it.
  • orpheus 18 Jul 2013 21:19:35 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New rewards system for 'recruiting' new players. New player gets some kind of free stuff, and so does the recommender, with increasing rewards the more people you get.

So, any new players thinking of joining us on the battlefields of Auraxis, sign up with this link for free stuffs:

https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smlanding.action?iId=XBKUMRI99UJC86YDM6V9&gamecode=PS2

:)
  • TheRealBadabing 19 Jul 2013 08:16:20 1,360 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lots of nice rewards there but it's going to be tough to get anything as a referrer. To qualify as an "official" recruit, the new player has to spend $10 within the first 60 days of play.

Small print is great.
  • PearOfAnguish 19 Jul 2013 09:44:41 7,493 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That welcome kit is alright, the TMG-50 and SVA-88 are both really great guns.
  • Page

of 65 First / Last