Windows Phone 8 Page 43

  • Page

    of 52 First / Last

  • Latin 13 Mar 2014 10:14:23 3,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A few suggestions!

    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2007/03/17/top-25-game-boy-advance-games-of-all-time?page=5

    I would say the controls aren't great (obviously) so it's best suited for turn based strategy/rpg games.. Definitely going to download fire emblem, ff tactics and advance wars as well. That should keep me entertained...
  • Load_2.0 13 Mar 2014 10:16:09 18,869 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ohhhhh purdy!

    This is cool.
  • dr_swin 13 Mar 2014 10:30:42 4,865 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    it's asking me to pay 0.79 for the easy download option. Does it then charge you for the games? How much is Advance wars? Let me know how you get on Load.
  • Latin 13 Mar 2014 10:32:19 3,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the 79p is for the first game you download, then the rest seem to be free...
  • Load_2.0 13 Mar 2014 10:35:58 18,869 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not sure, I had the same barrier so emailed myself a ROM opened it on the phone and did it that way.

    Going to have a proper play around when I get home.
  • Load_2.0 13 Mar 2014 10:36:19 18,869 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Load_2.0 13 Mar 2014 10:36:20 18,869 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OR as above!
  • Latin 13 Mar 2014 10:41:56 3,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, definitely how it works, I've literally downloaded every rpg I can think of and it only charged me once.

    I now have all the zeldas, all the final fantasy games, both fire emblems, advance wars, I don't know how many different pokemon games!

    Now I just need the time to play it all...
  • Load_2.0 13 Mar 2014 10:58:49 18,869 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shit.

    Now I need to buy a 920 for the extra screen size.
  • Latin 13 Mar 2014 11:11:15 3,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1520 surely!?

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G9YU07Y/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics
  • nickthegun 18 Mar 2014 17:04:34 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Am I right in thinking that there is still no way to manually set IP addresses and DNS settings on this stupid fucking OS?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • PenguinJim 21 Mar 2014 03:12:54 5,754 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone here read Windows Phone Central? I've been following it for the past couple of months for updates on Win8 Store games, and dipping into quite a few articles as I'm there, and it's... hilarious. It's some sort of crazy pro-Microsoft propaganda site. They post articles about the great Titanfall being a great reason to buy a great Xbox One, and how Xbox One's excellent marketshare when combined with the excellent 360 sales give it 43% of the market, which is excellent. And... relevant to Windows Phone?

    Not to worry, because there are plenty of relevant articles about how 2012's fantastic games have finally arrived on fantastic Windows Phone and they're all fantastic and the extra development time has made them all even more fantastic.

    The comments on this article were what inspired me to post this today. It's crazy. I read Android Central and Android Police to keep updated on Android, and there's nothing like the fanaticism on those sites.

    Can anyone recommend a better W8/WP8 site for regular news updates, particularly about games?

    Edited by PenguinJim at 03:13:22 21-03-2014
  • iancognito 21 Mar 2014 09:50:29 968 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been using Windows phones for almost two years now and have been waiting for the big Microsoft push to release apps and games, but I'm starting to think it won't happen. I like the overall OS but the lagging behind and not wanting to catch up thing is starting to make me want to change phones.

    Microsoft are sometimes a bit slow getting involved (consoles, the web in general) but then suddenly join in and catch up within a very short time.

    I was wondering what other Windows phone users thought. Still happy with it, or getting fed up with things taking so long and wishing there were more apps?
  • Load_2.0 21 Mar 2014 09:56:05 18,869 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It is frustrating waiting for the avalanche of popular apps to arrive. It is widely reported on I simply don't understand why it is not being addressed as the number 1 issue, it the thing that will kill the phone for them.

    The young market want to be on Tinder and Snapchat and all the new shit that old folks like me are not even aware of. They want it now, not two years later when everyone has moved on to the next thing.
  • Latin 21 Mar 2014 09:58:11 3,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like my phone, easy to use and does most of what I need... Excellent email integration, has Office and enough apps to keep me connected to everything I need.

    But I'm a simple guy, I don't need finger print scanning and crazy apps that I'll use once or twice so am happy for now. I only got a smartphone 3 years ago!
  • twelveways 21 Mar 2014 10:01:06 3,844 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have apps that do everything I need so I can't really complain but I would love an official BBC one.
  • nickthegun 21 Mar 2014 10:02:52 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Does anyone here read Windows Phone Central? I've been following it for the past couple of months for updates on Win8 Store games, and dipping into quite a few articles as I'm there, and it's... hilarious. It's some sort of crazy pro-Microsoft propaganda site.
    I found several people asking the above question on there (it turns out that you cant add custom DNS settings to a windows phone, making it the second windows phone ive used that cant do something basic that every other phone can (the first was not being able to accept a self signed SSL for exchange, FFS)).

    The funny thing is that everyone who asked the question was met with very arsey 'well why would you want to do that?' and 'microsoft dont let you do that because they want a simple user experience' which is utter bullshit.

    As you say, its like a cult.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Dirtbox 21 Mar 2014 10:05:30 77,461 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I find that the smaller the userbase, the more gibbering the fanboy. I ditched for an iphone, then android, which I think I'm going to stick with now.

    Edited by Dirtbox at 10:06:24 21-03-2014

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • mcmonkeyplc 21 Mar 2014 10:06:19 39,384 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I also don't have thousands of apps but I like the Economist and Sky go and those are key apps that aren't on windows phone.

    That's eventually why I left.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Load_2.0 21 Mar 2014 10:09:27 18,869 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I love the OS and I really like Lumia design. It will be a real shame if it falls apart.

    The fanboys are some of the worst though, so sensitive to any criticism.
  • nickthegun 21 Mar 2014 10:10:06 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was genuinely astonished that they dont let you do that. I mean, why not? Seriously, i cant think of a single reason why that basic bit of functionality is missing.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Dirtbox 21 Mar 2014 10:11:09 77,461 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nokia are making android phones now, which is frankly fucking awesome. Easily the best phones on the market.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Dirtbox 21 Mar 2014 10:12:18 77,461 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I was genuinely astonished that they dont let you do that. I mean, why not? Seriously, i cant think of a single reason why that basic bit of functionality is missing.
    Oversight.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • iancognito 21 Mar 2014 10:12:23 968 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That's sort of my dilemma, as it's a good platform and does most of what I need. I have a passing interest in some of the popular things at the time (Words with Friends, Flappy Bird) but not having them isn't a deal-breaker for me. Don't think I'd use Snapchat but maybe I'd try it and love it. There are a few things like the Sky Sports or BBC app I would quite like which is where it become frustrating.

    Hearing about things I know I wouldn't use but will never have the chance to is just rubbing it in. So many adverts where dating, banking, bingo sites tell you to download their app. I look up at the TV, scan along it, see there's no Windows version, shrug and carry on with what I was doing.

    I feel a bit like an Amstrad CPC kid when everyone else has Spectrums and C64s.
  • Baihu1983 24 Mar 2014 07:24:53 3,278 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Does anyone here read Windows Phone Central? I've been following it for the past couple of months for updates on Win8 Store games, and dipping into quite a few articles as I'm there, and it's... hilarious. It's some sort of crazy pro-Microsoft propaganda site. They post articles about the great Titanfall being a great reason to buy a great Xbox One, and how Xbox One's excellent marketshare when combined with the excellent 360 sales give it 43% of the market, which is excellent. And... relevant to Windows Phone?

    Not to worry, because there are plenty of relevant articles about how 2012's fantastic games have finally arrived on fantastic Windows Phone and they're all fantastic and the extra development time has made them all even more fantastic.

    The comments on this article were what inspired me to post this today. It's crazy. I read Android Central and Android Police to keep updated on Android, and there's nothing like the fanaticism on those sites.

    Can anyone recommend a better W8/WP8 site for regular news updates, particularly about games?
    Sadly that's the only one I've been able to find and it can be rather bad at times.

    Some of The reviews for their app on the WP store are quite funny.
  • DiddlerDo 24 Mar 2014 08:02:12 1,130 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Does anyone here read Windows Phone Central? I've been following it for the past couple of months for updates on Win8 Store games, and dipping into quite a few articles as I'm there, and it's... hilarious. It's some sort of crazy pro-Microsoft propaganda site. They post articles about the great Titanfall being a great reason to buy a great Xbox One, and how Xbox One's excellent marketshare when combined with the excellent 360 sales give it 43% of the market, which is excellent. And... relevant to Windows Phone?

    Not to worry, because there are plenty of relevant articles about how 2012's fantastic games have finally arrived on fantastic Windows Phone and they're all fantastic and the extra development time has made them all even more fantastic.

    The comments on this article were what inspired me to post this today. It's crazy. I read Android Central and Android Police to keep updated on Android, and there's nothing like the fanaticism on those sites.

    Can anyone recommend a better W8/WP8 site for regular news updates, particularly about games?
    This really doesn't seem much worse than the Xbone thread on here? The delusion and shutting down if anything that could conceivably be criticism is worse than any Nintendo thread we have had.
  • PenguinJim 24 Mar 2014 08:45:17 5,754 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are you serious? I've picked out the Xbone's faults quite a few times in that thread, and derided the dullness of both the Xbone and the PS4 (*yawn*), and didn't receive any response that could be construed as "shutting down". I did stick to facts, though - that might have been "my" problem. I've been following both the Xbone and PS4 threads extremely closely for any glimmer of something interesting (and to see if that DualShock 4 rot problem gets resolved), and both have a few users who are habitual MS/Sony lovers. Have a look at the profiles of crazies like huh_what, IronGiant and DiddlerDo if you want to see some delusion, but a couple of company-loving users amongst hundreds and generally open-minded articles at EG simply doesn't compare. WPCentral takes it up to eleven. Thousand.

    A few users, I could forgive, but in addition to the hundreds who eat, breathe and sleep MS, there's a clear dedication from the writers to make sure that anyone who uses one Microsoft product must then use MS and only MS in every conceivable niche in their lives. Take one of their "most popular" recent articles: "All of us here at Windows Phone Central use Bing for our day-to-day searches, and we are positive that most of our readers do also.". Hmmmmm. (I actually do use Bing Translator, so it's not as if I'm anti-Bing, but... this article... why?!)
  • Latin 24 Mar 2014 08:59:18 3,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I use bing on my phone, because it's default... And use Bing on my work internet because it's default... It does a job I guess so no reason to change. I downloaded chrome but somehow it's corrupted and it's not a big enough deal in my life to care about it.

    But the maps are terrible. Had to download google maps for my phone and always actively type it in on my desktop.
  • DiddlerDo 24 Mar 2014 09:04:26 1,130 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Are you serious? I've picked out the Xbone's faults quite a few times in that thread, and derided the dullness of both the Xbone and the PS4 (*yawn*), and didn't receive any response that could be construed as "shutting down". I did stick to facts, though - that might have been "my" problem. I've been following both the Xbone and PS4 threads extremely closely for any glimmer of something interesting (and to see if that DualShock 4 rot problem gets resolved), and both have a few users who are habitual MS/Sony lovers. Have a look at the profiles of crazies like huh_what, IronGiant and DiddlerDo if you want to see some delusion, but a couple of company-loving users amongst hundreds and generally open-minded articles at EG simply doesn't compare. WPCentral takes it up to eleven. Thousand.

    A few users, I could forgive, but in addition to the hundreds who eat, breathe and sleep MS, there's a clear dedication from the writers to make sure that anyone who uses one Microsoft product must then use MS and only MS in every conceivable niche in their lives. Take one of their "most popular" recent articles: "All of us here at Windows Phone Central use Bing for our day-to-day searches, and we are positive that most of our readers do also.". Hmmmmm. (I actually do use Bing Translator, so it's not as if I'm anti-Bing, but... this article... why?!)
    You seriously have the most annoyingly overwrought posts on the site. U mak me want 2 post lk dis jst 2 balance de self righteousness.
  • nickthegun 24 Mar 2014 09:07:37 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its true. XB1 fans are the most 'leave britney alone' people on the site at the moment.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Page

    of 52 First / Last

Log in or register to reply