S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series Is A Go Page 3

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• ecureuil 11 Jan 2013 03:13:31 76,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pilot is supposedly ace, the ABC president has been talking it up. The series is now being fast-tracked for debut next autumn.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2013 03:20:46
    ecureuil wrote:
    Pilot is supposedly ace
    Quite hard to be ace considering it hasn't even finished filming yet. ABC would fast-track a show about a talking poo if they thought it mirrored market trends.

Edited by meme at 03:22:57 11-01-2013
  • ecureuil 11 Jan 2013 03:23:03 76,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well they have something out there else they wouldn't be claiming to have seen it. It's supposedly classic Whedon. ie. strong female characters and lots of snappy dialogue. Sounds promising to me.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2013 03:32:20
    They're rushing it out because last season saw not one but two premier dramas shitcanned after dismal ratings (following a spring season that also saw premier dramas fall off like dead flies). They know it's pretty much a guaranteed ratings winner just from riding off the back of Avengers, so them fast-tracking it is entirely unsurprising.
  • kalel 11 Jan 2013 08:31:32 86,416 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Pilot is supposedly ace, the ABC president has been talking it up. The series is now being fast-tracked for debut next autumn.
    This is what's called "hype".
  • nickthegun 11 Jan 2013 09:18:30 58,881 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im sure TV is caught in a vicious cycle. Audiences are unwilling to invest in shows because they know they are going to get canned within half a dozen episodes, meaning audiences are low, meaning shows get cancelled, meaning people are unwilling to invest in something thats going to get cancelled, meaning...

There are a handful of shows I would have given a watch last year but didnt bother because they had 'cancelled after 12 episodes written all over them'.

I dont think the pissing about with the schedules helps either.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Youthist 11 Jan 2013 10:35:34 10,010 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, this isn't happening.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 10:44:22
    It'll happen, but it'll primarily be used as a shitty testbed for finding out what minor z-list heroes they can make movies out of.
  • Youthist 11 Jan 2013 12:25:18 10,010 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Im sure TV is caught in a vicious cycle. Audiences are unwilling to invest in shows because they know they are going to get canned within half a dozen episodes, meaning audiences are low, meaning shows get cancelled, meaning people are unwilling to invest in something thats going to get cancelled, meaning...

There are a handful of shows I would have given a watch last year but didnt bother because they had 'cancelled after 12 episodes written all over them'.

No, I mean this isn't happening.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Shikasama 11 Jan 2013 12:30:46 6,631 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    meme wrote:
    It'll happen, but it'll primarily be used as a shitty testbed for finding out what minor z-list heroes they can make movies out of.
    Doubt it, Disney and Marvel have said they only have the capacity (in terms of funding and human resources) to make 2 films a year.
  • nickthegun 11 Jan 2013 12:33:33 58,881 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

OK. Thanks for the input. Can you make the gaps between your visits slightly longer? Its already quite a task to keep track of all the massive knobheads on the site and your infrequent appearances just muddy the waters.

He totally called it

• Youthist 11 Jan 2013 12:42:27 10,010 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So cutting!

• nickthegun 11 Jan 2013 13:03:07 58,881 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I try. This is now the point where you write a patronising 'but I dont really care' type response and then continue to follow me around the forum like a puppy that wants its balls tickled.

He totally called it

• Youthist 11 Jan 2013 13:05:41 10,010 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A fine use of post number 45,956 my man.

• Shikasama 11 Jan 2013 13:08:59 6,631 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That escalated quickly
  • nickthegun 11 Jan 2013 13:11:19 58,881 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not really. Youthist has a long and chequered history of being in love with me.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 15:54:14
    Youthist wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

Oh, yes it is. Long gone are the days when a ratings hit meant 10+ series of 24 episodes. A lot of the viewer feedback for Last Resort was basically what nick was saying - "looks interesting, but I'm not watching because it's probably going to be canned". Viewing figures for most current serieseseses pick up a lot when a second season comes about, because it means it hasn't been shitcanned and people pick up the first on DVD to catch the second.

This is also why more and more seasons are just twelve episodes, too. Less risk. Though they may also have a full 24 episodes planned, but cut it in two and you break that psychological "well, it's gonna get canceled" barrier in half.

Shikasama wrote:
    meme wrote:
    Doubt it, Disney and Marvel have said they only have the capacity (in terms of funding and human resources) to make 2 films a year.
    They can't endlessly churn out Thor, Captain America and Iron Man sequels, though. They'll use the TV series as a testbed to see who they can one-shot and/or throw into an Avengers movie.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2013 15:59:27
    Shikasama wrote:
    meme wrote:
    I think Disney might be able to scrape some money and people together from somewhere.
  • Shikasama 11 Jan 2013 16:09:02 6,631 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    meme wrote:
    I think Disney might be able to scrape some money and people together from somewhere.
    You're right, you clearly know more than Kevin Friege
  • IMO 11 Jan 2013 16:33:42 5,583 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Meh. Wake me up when they greenlight the Smallville movie.

So I can shoot the lot of them, once and for all
  • Deleted user 11 January 2013 16:48:18
    Shikasama wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    meme wrote:
    You're right, you clearly know more than Kevin Friege
    He said they want to make two films a year, not that they can't do more than 2 a year.

Given they're already at the point of making films about talking trees and squirrels then 2 is probably too many anyway.
  • ecureuil 11 Jan 2013 17:09:26 76,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm expecting it to be pretty good. I have faith in Joss, cash-in or not.
  • spamdangled 15 Jan 2013 02:02:16 27,271 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So Agent Coulson didn't die after all, just as I thought:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/01/14/joss-whedons-s-h-i-e-l-d-isnt-avengers-prequel-abc-confirms/

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 15 January 2013 02:04:21
    Well done on predicting a comic book character not dying.

For your next trick you can tell us what day it is tomorrow.
  • ecureuil 15 Jan 2013 02:04:32 76,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well he did die. Bringing him back for this would be a retcon.
  • HoriZon 15 Jan 2013 18:03:25 13,498 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looking forward to this one, Joss and more Avenger type stuff whats not to like?

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• freedumb 22 Jan 2013 02:01:35 1,110 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm expecting it to be pretty good. I have faith in Joss, cash-in or not.
    Hopefully better than dollhouse.
  • Ged42 23 Jan 2013 19:10:15 7,703 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some uninformative pics from behind the scenes of SHIELD pilot set.

Not much to go on but at least it's happening.
  • varsas 13 May 2013 08:00:22 2,401 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Super brief teaser:

First trailer:

Edited by varsas at 08:01:37 13-05-2013
  • Scurrminator 13 May 2013 08:37:47 8,387 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having Coulson live ruins the scene in the Avengers.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Page

of 22 First / Last