S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series Is A Go Page 15

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• varsas 26 Oct 2013 23:46:16 2,401 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Next time I'm in traffic I think I'll whip out my phone and run Gridlock.mp4 and see what kind of shit happens

Why does this kind of fuckwittery bother me but I'm openly accepting of flying cars, hulks and extremis etc.
    The file extension was a goof but the premise was straight out of Watchdogs and fine.
  • ecureuil 26 Oct 2013 23:49:05 76,530 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't watched an episode of this after the first one was poorly received, has it picked up at all?
  • crashVoodoo 26 Oct 2013 23:55:14 3,853 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    hahahaha just found a similar opinion on google+

he's found a wifi hotspot but he has no 3G/LTE connection. sweet

Edited by crashVoodoo at 23:58:00 26-10-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• TarickStonefire 27 Oct 2013 09:40:58 2,905 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    crsmithy wrote:
    The science babble does get a little irritating though, it almost feels very TNG esque in the way they blurt out SCIENCE to explain things.
    My favorite was in the first episode where Ward said "speak English" to the science guy who was speaking in science language. It's like a warm blanket of a cliche - sort of comforting to know that it will always be there.
    I very nearly just tuned out there and then. One of the worst, laziest, most tedious and unhelpful script writing clichés ever. The whole show is one cliché after another: the ridiculously good looking cast; the fact that only one of them (two if you count Coulson) is remotely engaging as an actor or character (the Asian pilot lady that fights bud, although of course it's some martial art. Of course it is. Of course.); the fact that the geeky types do absolutely nothing other than be quirky and get asked to speak English before they introduce the gadget that is perfectly suited to this weeks very specific task, before shuffling off to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the ep...

It's *rubbish*. The only intrigue comes from the 'mystery' of what happened to Coulson. Yes, you got stabbed by an alien spear, we known you say it every week. Yes, there's something not quite right about you, someone says that every week too. Yes, you're probably an alien or a robot or a clone, who even cares any more?

:(

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 27 Oct 2013 09:45:01 2,905 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I did a bit of Googling about this whole 'gridlock.mp4' thing (I didn't even bother watching all the way through this week so I missed this stroke of banality) and found this paragraph in an article on Google plus:

I do like Agents of SHIELD (fuck those periods). I really do. And I'm going to keep watching it. But you know what? You're making it hard for me, show. You're making it really friggin' hard for me to take a Disney-run television show about superheroes seriously when I see shit like this.
    See, there's the problem for a lot of people right there. Not me, because I know what the show is supposed to be about and I still think it's drab, but this chap clearly thinks it's a show about superheroes.

And it's not.

The title, folks, is 'Agents of Shield'.

Not 'Superheroes That The Agents Of Shield Look Out For'. AKA The Avengers. There's a movie or 5 for you if that's what you're here for.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 09:45:49 27-10-2013

• Grax 27 Oct 2013 10:14:32 1,820 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    For me personally, I really like the show. It has picked up in the last few episodes.
  • Darth_Flibble 27 Oct 2013 11:02:15 1,625 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow is a super hero but she is also an Agent of Shield ;)

I don't think people are expecting Iron man armour or weekly visits from other super heros. They are expecting half decent script not scooby doo with a higher budget
  • Mola_Ram 1 Nov 2013 07:19:50 6,996 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @TarickStonefire the show is still fun for me, but yeah, I can see how those things could annoy. But first seasons are always tricky. I'm prepared to sit it out and let the show figure out what it wants to be.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Nov 2013 07:57:21 23,339 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was let down by it after the hype, first three episodes are genuinely terrible, but episode four was pretty decent and five wasn't too bad either. I'm hoping it's starting to find its feet. I hope it does because the premise is great, and as a sci fi need I'm totally understanding when it comes to shows taking a while to get going!

Can video games be a force for good? My latest article says yes!

• elhozzo 3 Nov 2013 14:42:16 298 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    did this skip a week? i.e. wasn't on C4 on the 1st November?
  • monkehhh 3 Nov 2013 14:46:45 3,273 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @elhozzo Yep, a few things missed this week - must've been some special thing happening in the US?

Decent TV schedule site - http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/
  • elhozzo 3 Nov 2013 15:01:38 298 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cheers!
  • HoriZon 4 Nov 2013 14:34:23 13,498 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Later this month an ep has a crossover with Thor 2 a few cast members small ones minds will be mixing it with the team.

Guess we have to see the film then.

Edited by HoriZon at 14:35:21 04-11-2013

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• TarickStonefire 4 Nov 2013 15:41:42 2,905 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Small ones minds?

I also heard this ep is directed by Riker...

• StarchildHypocrethes 4 Nov 2013 16:10:33 25,430 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I watched episode 4 last night and was greeted by that hacker lady in her pants. This is improving.
  • HoriZon 4 Nov 2013 17:20:02 13,498 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Small ones minds?

I also heard this ep is directed by Riker...
    Ah yeah it is.

Small as not Thor or Portman or Loki.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• dylman 6 Nov 2013 23:07:04 276 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The show is definitely improving each week. The latest episode is genuinely very good, except for one scene near the end - the skydive , but that is easily forgiven to be honest.

Now they've set the scene and established the cast, we're starting to see some character development at last. I'm glad I stuck with it.

Edited by dylman at 23:08:16 06-11-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Nov 2013 01:02:05 23,339 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah it's gone from an awful show to a watchable show. Hoping by time we get to mid season break it's properly become a good show.

Can video games be a force for good? My latest article says yes!

• Mola_Ram 7 Nov 2013 01:16:30 6,996 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's getting better, but for me the characters are still just quip-generators with no real personality to them. It's the sort of thing that irritates me occasionally about Joss Whedon characters, but he's not involved now. So it's not really his fault.

Hopefully it continues to get interesting.
  • Shikasama 7 Nov 2013 22:33:06 6,634 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought this weeks episode was great. I'm really warming to the Fitz fella aswell, even though he really annoyed me in the beginning.

Now we are only an ep or two away from newly filmed episodes so it'll be interesting to see if things ramp up and what they adapt.

I sincerely hope they turn off the fucking background music. It's so distracting.
  • Mr-Brett 7 Nov 2013 22:42:35 12,723 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The last episode was an improvement, if they can develop a stronger overarching plot then it could become rather good.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Ged42 7 Nov 2013 22:44:44 7,704 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice seeing Fitz and Simmons doing something other than hurling technobable and exposition around. Decent stuff with Coulson as well, the show seems better with the focus off the hacker lass (who I can't remember the name of.)
  • varsas 10 Nov 2013 22:29:10 2,401 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Skye is the hacker and it is good to see the focus away from her; I'm not sure she worked that will as a way into the series for the audience as I think she was intended.

I'm enjoying the individual episodes but it would be nice to see a little more of the overarching plots and players touched on like in a series like Fringe.
  • TarickStonefire 11 Nov 2013 09:47:29 2,905 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh God, yes, we get it, COULSON IS DIFFERENT.

Jesus. How did these awful clunking scripts get past *anyone* even *related* to Whedon?

• nickthegun 11 Nov 2013 09:51:01 58,889 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently, the reveal is going to happen pretty soon, so they seem to be aware that no one really gives a crap.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Murbal 11 Nov 2013 10:11:22 21,941 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    heh - guess I haven't missed much having given up after one and a bit episodes?
  • varsas 11 Nov 2013 14:13:51 2,401 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not sure that no ones a give crap; isn't it more that they keep hinting to the audience and most are tired of it now?
  • Shikasama 11 Nov 2013 14:33:02 6,634 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Apparently, the reveal is going to happen pretty soon, so they seem to be aware that no one really gives a crap.
    The were saying before the series aired that they won't be dragging out the mystery across the entire season.

I'm quite enjoying it. It's a bit Disney in places but I think each episode is getting more interesting. I'm not that bothered about 'monster of the week' either, as long as I'm being entertained in each episode.
  • w00t 11 Nov 2013 14:51:36 11,052 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I like it so far.

This post sponsored by the colour BEIGE

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• TOOTR 15 Nov 2013 06:43:13 9,498 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's growing on me too. It's my guilty pleasure at the moment.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Page

of 22 First / Last