Killzone : Mercenary Page 20

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Flying_Pig 9 Sep 2013 20:24:49 10,622 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Gregolution - glad to hear it. Only on the second mission, but enjoying it more than the first. Love how meaty those melee kills are :)
  • santashi 9 Sep 2013 20:57:23 5,024 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Love how meaty those melee kills are :)
    I have a horrible image in my head right now! :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Bealsy 10 Sep 2013 08:39:06 788 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is really very excellent. Picked it up on a whim in Argos after the gym last night. Couldn't be enjoying it more.

XBL: The Bealesatron
    PSN: Shimbomba
    NNID: TheBealesatron

• Gregolution 10 Sep 2013 09:01:24 3,164 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Bealsy

It really is. I love the contracts of each mission too. You have to unlock the gear to do them and they add a lot of variety. I knew the mp was good but I've been pleasantly surprised with the single
  • aros 10 Sep 2013 09:18:08 2,500 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do you guys think this is Vita's best game then?

I really hope they start a major television ad campaign for 16-30 males to push this and don't let the opportunity of having a major brilliant FPS on a handheld be missed. Maybe buy some footage from iOS developers to show a comparison of mobile FPS to Killzone.
  • Bealsy 10 Sep 2013 09:23:57 788 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've only done some MP and the first mission but I'm really enjoying it. The MP was the main draw for me, COD was so inconsistent with matches and connection.

• Gregolution 10 Sep 2013 09:54:44 3,164 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Do you guys think this is Vita's best game then?

Definitely the most impressive game on the platform and 'one of' the best games available IMO.
  • FanBoysSuck 10 Sep 2013 10:26:04 1,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @aros I'd say Persona 4 golden was the best game on Vita but I'd put this as second. Playing a full fat FPS on the commute is a revelation! Shame about the crappy checkpointing, I'd love to quit out of single player and do some multiplayer on lunch.

For the emperor!

• Gregolution 10 Sep 2013 21:44:17 3,164 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does the finish all mission contracts on veteran trophy include all the alternative precision contracts etc?
  • Froggit 10 Sep 2013 22:11:12 306 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    With how the trophies are listed (complete this, this, this, all "mission" contracts, all covert, all precision, all demolition) I think by mission they mean the basic. Then completing all the others on any difficulty nets you a trophy too.
    I won't know for certain for a while as I'm rinsing them as they come up, and enjoying every minute.
  • Froggit 10 Sep 2013 22:11:14 306 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Double post bonanza.

Edited by Froggit at 22:11:45 10-09-2013
  • ElNino9 10 Sep 2013 22:45:58 13,274 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's absolute bollocks that you can't play on the same team with people in your party.

They need to sort that out.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• ComradePete 10 Sep 2013 23:05:24 474 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Really like how they've integrated the single & multiplayer on this - could show COD & Battlefield a thing or two.

It is a proper Rolls Royce of a game as well, impressed with what they've managed to do on the vita.
  • dsmx 11 Sep 2013 00:07:36 7,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Second mission at the moment first impressions are as a technical showcase for what you can do with the vita if the devs actually try it's in a league of it's own. Astonishing graphical achievement well done on the technical side.

To early to tell if I'm actually going to enjoy the rest of the game though, right now I'm hoping that my works wifi connection will let me play online multiplayer at work but I somewhat suspect it will be a no on that front.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Gregolution 11 Sep 2013 08:25:55 3,164 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    It's absolute bollocks that you can't play on the same team with people in your party.

They need to sort that out.
    I've not tried this yet. Does it always put you on different teams or just sometimes?
  • Bealsy 11 Sep 2013 10:28:36 788 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Took this down the pub last night. Bit of free wifi and couldn't tear my mates off the MP. Were amazed something could look so damn purdy on a handheld.

• Flying_Pig 11 Sep 2013 11:02:47 10,622 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Bealsy - hopefully they'll all go out and get Vitas now :)
  • Bealsy 11 Sep 2013 11:04:08 788 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hopefully. At 139.99 they can't afford not to.

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 11 Sep 2013 11:48:00 10,849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can we get some EG MP games on the go? The main public games are full of twunts!

I'm on most evenings from about 9pm.
  • aros 11 Sep 2013 11:51:59 2,500 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    5 missions down now and the game just gets better and better. It's just amazing. There are so many WOW moments!

The only thing I've found frustrating is occasionally a headshot that seems as if it definitely hit doesn't register - does this happen for anyone else? It's normally if an enemy is patrolling and not aware of me, the shot will aggro him but not kill. Although it's most often the flamethrower heavies so perhaps you can't hit them side on or something?

Edited by aros at 11:53:33 11-09-2013
  • Help_me 11 Sep 2013 11:57:22 937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ignatius_Cheese I'm in. I'll be on at about ten most nights - baby behaving dependant.
  • RunningMan 11 Sep 2013 12:56:28 2,383 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So is the SP holding up @aros ? Really liked the beta MP, but like the SP to be good as well.
  • Gregolution 11 Sep 2013 13:23:09 3,164 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    Can we get some EG MP games on the go? The main public games are full of twunts!

I'm on most evenings from about 9pm.
    I'll try to get in on that. Don't know of you're on my list though.

If I ever get out of the office tonight that is... :(
  • aros 11 Sep 2013 14:01:47 2,500 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    So is the SP holding up @aros ? Really liked the beta MP, but like the SP to be good as well.
    I'm really enjoying it. I rarely play FPS though so if it's the only genre you play and you demand ground breaking innovation you probably won't be happy. If you enjoyed the beta then the single player is better than it has any right to be as a handheld game.
  • RunningMan 11 Sep 2013 14:24:51 2,383 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cools, thanks
  • Help_me 11 Sep 2013 15:14:50 937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I played it through to completion on veteran and am replaying. It's that good if that's a gauge
  • Darren 11 Sep 2013 16:12:08 8,676 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I only got this game yesterday (I didn't realise it was out to be honest) but, my, my, isn't it a bit good? I really wasn't sure what to expect apart from hearing that it was technically impressive for a handheld game. I was expecting a sluggish framerate, two enemies on the screen at once and for bodies to instantly disappear so imagine my surprise when I found myself completely wrong on all those counts and instead found myself playing a portable version of the PS3 Killzone game with not-too-intrusive touchscreen functionality. The controls work great, although I find it a tad irritating that I have to pick up ammo rather than have it collected automatically as I walk over it.

I only played the first mission and part of the second, which took me just over an hour, but the level design felt nice and open and as corridor-y as I was anticipating (you know, because that would keep the framerate up). It feels like a proper console FPS too, not one that has been stripped down and compromised to squeeze onto a handheld. The game looks astounding, it really does. I couldn't believe that the cutscenes were real-time until I moved the analogue stick and realised I could move the camera. I'm really impressed.

Edited by Darren at 16:13:00 11-09-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• dsmx 11 Sep 2013 23:06:23 7,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AS I said earlier from a technical standpoint the game is faultless and completely peerless in the handheld arena nothing comes close to it on a technical level. But it still feels like a proof of concept more than the killer app the vita needs but it makes me incredibly hopeful for borderlands because if they can do this now, what the hell will borderlands be like on the vita?

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• aros 12 Sep 2013 09:21:50 2,500 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know you have a good device when the best handheld FPS ever released is described as a proof-of-concept. lol. I love it. Look at the draw distance in levels/cut scenes then look at the draw distance in Lego City on 3DS - it will make you appreciate your Vita!
  • aros 12 Sep 2013 09:23:59 2,500 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    I couldn't believe that the cutscenes were real-time until I moved the analogue stick and realised I could move the camera. I'm really impressed.
    I knew they were in-engine but I had no idea you could move the camera in cut scenes. That's amazing. The game only gets more impressive as you go on too.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last