Remember Me Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• jellyhead 8 Jun 2013 12:20:05 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm looking forward to starting this later this afternoon. I'll go for French audio and English subtitles as that seems to be the recommendation.

Should be good and it looks lovely.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Humperfunk 8 Jun 2013 16:23:12 2,490 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I can see this being very much like Deus Ex HR, in that the game is superb with a sharp dip in quality when you get to boss fights.

I'm judging this purely on the first boss fight, which I am still on because it makes no sense at all.

Other than that, excellent game.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Gunzberg 8 Jun 2013 16:26:34 1,751 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bought it for 11 and on Episode 3 now. Enjoying it so far

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• jamievilla 8 Jun 2013 16:58:10 596 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Where did you get it for 11? PC?
  • Stranded87 8 Jun 2013 18:35:09 1,003 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God the first boss is horrible. Mostly due to QTE's. When are developers going to learn that QTE's suck and/or stop thinking that they're the exception to the rule? I had to do the last bit of the battle four times because I pressed the wrong bloody button.
  • Agent_Llama 8 Jun 2013 20:48:17 3,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love the look of this but will have to wait due to gaming backlog.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Gunzberg 8 Jun 2013 21:42:01 1,751 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jamievilla wrote:
    I use this site:

http://www.keyforsteam.de/remember-me-key-kaufen-preisvergleich/

and

kinguin to compare cd key prices.

And the QTEs on normal leave loads of time to complete. On Episode 5 now and still having a blast with the art style.

• Reacher 8 Jun 2013 21:49:20 899 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    @Reacher

... do you often judge games after twenty minutes of play?

Yes, of course the combat gets better!

The first time you fight just involves pressing the 'X' button over and over, but in due course, you shall be using up up six different buttons with an array of combos ... and that doesn't even include the 'Focus Pressen' abilities.

Gosh, play this game for more than 20 minutes next time!
    Read all of my post next time.
  • heavy_salad 8 Jun 2013 22:55:45 744 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    jamievilla wrote:
    I use this site:

http://www.keyforsteam.de/remember-me-key-kaufen-preisvergleich/

and

kinguin to compare cd key prices.

And the QTEs on normal leave loads of time to complete. On Episode 5 now and still having a blast with the art style.
    How 'legit' are those CD key sites? Particularly the ones that require a bit of a work around to get them working?

They always seem a bit of a grey area to me, and the last thing I need is Steam blocking my account.
  • Reacher 8 Jun 2013 22:58:33 899 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've played it a fair bit now, the design of the game is nice, and the story seems interesting, but the combat.. eugh.
  • Gunzberg 8 Jun 2013 23:07:28 1,751 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have used a lot of different sites, some which sell the russian version require a one-off VPN activation. (dead easy, VPN on, start steam, activate code, close steam, disconnect vpn, restart steam, done)

Never had any problems and all versions worked flawlessly.

The only difference between sites apart from price is delivery time. Some deliver within a couple of minutes, some an hour and some 2-3 days.

Just to add, it's not illegal in any shape or form as you are buying a legitimate download copy. (Notice that these are offered for Origin, Steam, uplay etc). No Steam bans to be afraid of.

Edited by Gunzberg at 23:10:44 08-06-2013

• heavy_salad 8 Jun 2013 23:47:36 744 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm just wondering how some of the Russian ones have the CD keys so cheap? Surely there must be something dodgy there?
  • Gunzberg 8 Jun 2013 23:54:55 1,751 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Purchasing power in the Russian market is lower when compared to Western Europe.

To avoid rampant piracy, the Russian keys are set at an affordable level for the Russian market (digital distribution cost being super low - it's still a good margin vs no margin from piracy).

If you can deal with the 2min hassle of a VPN activation, then you can enjoy new games at less than half the UK/German price.

Have been doing it for a year now since I could not trade in my PC games anymore due to online passes and all that crap.

• jamievilla 9 Jun 2013 15:34:22 596 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Interesting. So you can just add them onto your existing Steam library then?
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Jun 2013 16:40:01 5,523 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Reacher wrote:
    Read all of my post next time.
    I did ... and I answered your question too.

Perhaps my words were implied a little bit too sternly, but you judged the combat quite hastily during a very basic tutorial and I described how the combat opens up (and improves) as the game goes on.

Nice of you to say thank you though!

Anyways, I finished this a little while ago.

First game I have blasted through in years, although the appalling weather outside played a big part in it to be fair.

Yes, it is a rather brief game indeed however, I thoroughly enjoyed Nilin's journey.

The star of the show is indeed the Neo-Paris setting and environments as well as the intriguing story and a superb soundtrack. As the game ploughs on, the combat gives the player different ways to use the 'Pressen' abilities and allows you to create your own combo(s) so to speak.

... the memory remixing sequences are very refreshing and I'd argue there wasn't quite enough of them. Amusing to figure out the different outcomes though; one particular sequence can 'end' almost ten seconds in! If ever there was a sequel, I would like to see more of these.

I probably shouldn't say anything about the ending until a few folks have done so on here. Thankfully the story does wrap up quite nicely and only leaves one thing unanswered that I can think of, albeit a picky question at that.

Remember Me is a good example of a 7/10 game ... a lot can be improved if there happens to be a follow-up however, as a new IP and an original experience in an equally original setting, there is much to remember fondly of this game.

: )

p.s. As Gunzberg says in the 'recently completed' thread, I recommend people to play with French voice and English subtitles, it really adds to the atmosphere.

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 16:45:00 09-06-2013
  • dominalien 9 Jun 2013 16:57:34 7,065 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been playing since this afternoon. The game is excellent, somewhat let down by less-than-stellar production values. It reminds me of Hydrophobia in that respect: nice graphics, good art direction, plasticky models and wooden animation. It doesn't matter, it's still a winner, at least so far.

PSN: DonOsito

• Aretak 9 Jun 2013 18:01:03 10,375 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm really enjoying this so far. Playing the PC version and it looks quite nice. It's running really well on the High preset on my creaky old 4870, albeit only at 1280x800 and with no AA (which has never been something that's concerned me to be honest). I really like what I've experienced of the combat so far. It has a satisfying rhythmic feel ala the Arkham games. Loving the setting too and the characters seem interesting. The music is excellent as well.
  • Humperfunk 9 Jun 2013 18:16:15 2,490 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Onto episode 7 now so must be getting near the end. Wonderful game, enjoyed every second of it (apart from that first boss fight of course!)

• jamievilla 9 Jun 2013 21:01:29 596 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Picked it up for 9, really enjoying it so far. Combat is a little tricky to get the combos right but the game itself is very good. Loving the memory remixes, great idea.
  • Humperfunk 9 Jun 2013 22:00:22 2,490 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just finished. Really good game, the boss fights rival Deus Ex HR for how annoying the are but otherwise, really good.

Going to go back through it now to try and find all collectibles etc. Shame you can't skip the cutscenes, no excuse for that in this day and age but ah well, will just sit here on the net whilst I wait for them to run.

Also special mention to the ending - not in a good way unfortunately. Right at the end had the stupidest plot reveal in a while, up to that point it was very good!

• dominalien 10 Jun 2013 10:13:23 7,065 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I liked the first boss fight very much. There's the QTE, but it's very short and luckily they took out a page from GoW and you don't have to look at the button prompt to know what to press, it's all in where it is on screen.

PSN: DonOsito

• jamievilla 10 Jun 2013 10:46:58 596 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm actually feeling quite bad that I got it so cheap now (well, not really).

Just starting episode 4 and I'm really enjoying, the combat is nice and fluid - almost rthymic and feels a lot like Batman AA but less button bashy, and the setting is just incredible. As someone mentioned on the comments, screenshots taken for PC desktops as some of the scenery actually makes you stop and just look in wonder.

Recommended highly so far, few flaws but they don't detract at all in my opinion.
  • [maven] 27 Oct 2013 07:59:17 5,187 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I always had my eye on this game, and now it's been the reason that I subscribed to PS+ a month early as it's a free game this month).

In any case, I really like the style and world, but I suck at the combat and I think it's mostly the combo display disagreeing with me.
    When something lights up down there, am I meant to press that button next, or did I already press that button and have activated the effect, did I push it too early, too late, or what? I mean, I usually get through the fights on default difficulty, but there have continues used...
  • Gambit1977 27 Oct 2013 08:10:07 10,384 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Best trick I figured whilst fighting Xmas Ted.
    Three punch combo, second punch heal, third punch reduce cooldown. Took him out in double time.
  • itamae 27 Oct 2013 16:17:42 9,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    [maven] wrote:
    When something lights up down there, am I meant to press that button next, or did I already press that button and have activated the effect, did I push it too early, too late, or what? I mean, I usually get through the fights on default difficulty, but there have continues used...
    It shows what buttons you have already pressed, which is a helpful reminder of what combo tree you are currently in. It's particularly useful when you have just evaded an attack and want to continue your combo.

Personally I used dedicated combos for healing and cool-down, makes it easier to focus on one thing at a time and keep your health topped up. Probably the most used combo was the six-string Punch > Heal > Boost > Heal > Heal > Boost; once I had that I didn't die once (in combat) for the remainder of the game.

Anyhow, just finished the game and had a great time doing so. You know you have a winner when even the obligatory boss fights are fun to do. Best thing though, hands down, was the memory remixing, which was beautifully done but criminally underused. :-/

There was just one thing that didn't make sense: if we assume that the mother's original memory was correct then robo panda didn't cause the accident; so why was chibi Nilin so upset that mum would hate it? Oh, and Olga should be pretty surprised when she gets a call from the hospital that her hubby is (mostly) alive, and there are bills to be paid.

Edited by itamae at 16:19:05 27-10-2013
  • Mr-Brett 29 Oct 2013 13:11:59 12,889 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I finished this the other day and feel a little guilty that I got it through PS+ instead of buying it, I hope the developer gets a decent deal from Sony for it.

I liked a lot about the game, the combo system managed to make the combat much more tactical and less repetitive. Overall I'd have liked less fighting and more puzzles or remixes but I'm glad they found a way to add something to the fighting.

The art is great, very much influenced by Mirror's Edge I suspect even down to the characters being a bit weaker than the environment ;). The soundtrack is very good and I think even stands up on it's own, (you can listen here).

There's definitely some issues with the game though, the biggest for me being an overall clunkiness to movement and platforming. You can really tell it didn't have the extra money and polish that a game like Uncharted gets (although I enjoyed the game a lot more that U3, so polish isn't everything). This led to some unnecessarily frustrating moments, as did my other big issue with the game, invisible enemies that attack you while invisible or as I call them invisi-pricks.

@itamae: There's definitely some issues with the story but I found it interesting enough. I did like that Nilin was questioning and grudgingly going along with it, even if it did feel a bit like a token effort since she never actually disobeyed orders. It make a change from the usual fido protagonists. Still not really sure why you had to fight the last boss though.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• AaronTurner 28 Dec 2013 18:54:14 7,886 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Enjoying this thanks to PS+. Chalking up a load of games this christmas time! Just beaten the first boss, I don't mind the fighting but I find the controls overall lack a little precision and if they had spent a little more time sorting them out this game would be pretty great rather than decent. I'm not into fighting games per se so I might be missing the problems in the intricate details of the combat system.

It is making me want to play Batman Oranges though, 20 in the steam sale wasn't enough to make me bite.
  • Short-Round 28 Dec 2013 19:16:55 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Enjoying this thanks to PS+. Chalking up a load of games this christmas time! Just beaten the first boss, I don't mind the fighting but I find the controls overall lack a little precision and if they had spent a little more time sorting them out this game would be pretty great rather than decent. I'm not into fighting games per se so I might be missing the problems in the intricate details of the combat system.

It is making me want to play Batman Oranges though, 20 in the steam sale wasn't enough to make me bite.
    I really enjoyed it (and also felt guilty getting it via plus), however the combat doesn't get any less annoying. The tempo of the game and enemies seem geared for fast paced action, like God of War, where you can quickly input combo's and cancel animations. However, I always felt I had to input the combo's in RM slowly and deliberately, waiting for each animation to complete. So the enemies, my hands and my brain were playing a fast paced game, but the actual game input was frustratingly slow.

This was made worse when the game frequently surrounds you with enemies, and one hit cancels your combo _

Really hope there's a sequel. This was apparently their first game - quite an achievement.

Edited by Short-Round at 19:18:40 28-12-2013
  • Rajin 28 Dec 2013 23:20:08 666 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like the setting and story, but the game design is incredibly linear(and not in a good way, too much handholding when it comes to platforming) and the combat is plain annoying.

Could have been a great game but i stopped playing after around half of the game. Not sure if i am bothered into trying to finish it. My ps3 is already full so i might delete it tommorow to make some more space.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last