The Lives of Nobody Important (My Debut Novel) Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • meat_potatoe 15 Aug 2012 21:05:48 85 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @funkstar - just finished the book, really enjoyed it. Hope the sales go well.

Starting on technohippys book next.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Aug 2012 07:15:36 14,706 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cool, I hope you like it :-)

Edited by TechnoHippy at 07:15:57 16-08-2012

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• funkstar 16 Aug 2012 11:52:35 1,194 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @meat_potatoe glad you enjoyed it!

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• funkstar 6 Apr 2013 14:18:22 1,194 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bumpity bump:

this is free on kindle at the mo for the next five days if anyone wants to pick it up

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• mal 6 Apr 2013 14:40:03 22,419 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nice. It's a good read this one, and I'd recommend it to anyone...possibly excepting Catholics.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• rtk79 6 Apr 2013 15:49:43 493 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Out of curiosity (I work in the book trade, though not in the UK, and have little to do with fiction in any case) I'd like to ask you self-published Amazon writers : did you try submitting your work to established publishers or was there a specific draw to the Kindle scene ?

Edited by rtk79 at 15:50:04 06-04-2013
  • mal 6 Apr 2013 16:17:48 22,419 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Might be better off asking that question in the core Nanowrimo thread, since that's where 90% of our writers came from, and where all of the Amazon-published books have originated, I believe.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 6 April 2013 16:54:30
    All about the creative control for me. Publishing houses are difficult and time consuming to get into and place certain demands and restrictions on the finished text, along with hugely lower royalties. Of course, the trade-off is that they also handle editing, marketing and promotion and all that, but it's a very minor chance of being picked up vs a guaranteed spot on the market - a definite chance of being a small fish in a big pool vs a slim chance of being a slightly bigger, better looking, less flexible fish in the exact same pool.

Of course, most sensible writers spread their bets and have stuff specifically for publishing houses and stuff specifically for self-publishing. And there's nothing really all that problematic with using self-pubbed stuff as a portfolio of sorts when approaching publishing houses.
  • TechnoHippy 6 Apr 2013 17:29:14 14,706 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    rtk79 wrote:
    Out of curiosity (I work in the book trade, though not in the UK, and have little to do with fiction in any case) I'd like to ask you self-published Amazon writers : did you try submitting your work to established publishers or was there a specific draw to the Kindle scene ?
    I like the complete control it gives me. That doesn't mean I wouldn't consider a fat contract :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next