Why this forum is still bugged? Page 3

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Jul 2012 19:39:02 42,389 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nandos wrote:
    So, for you it's more simple to ban users instead of fix a routine problem? Come on :D
    I believe in devs :cool:
    I don't, and I've met them!
  • Raist² 19 Jul 2012 19:43:31 16,879 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    I don't, and I've met them!
    Winner of "Mod of the Year 2011"
    o i see.
  • Fatiguez 19 Jul 2012 19:43:51 8,829 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have it on good authority that craigy earns more than most doctors
  • ronuds 19 Jul 2012 19:45:54 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sure the giant ads in my face all the time help pay for the costs of running the forum a little.
  • Nandos 19 Jul 2012 19:46:09 57,557 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    Nandos wrote:
    So, for you it's more simple to ban users instead of fix a routine problem? Come on :D
    I believe in devs :cool:
    I don't, and I've met them!
    Ok, I hate repeating myself, the basics has been explained by ZioAndrew. And I'm a mod. We just want to fix this little lack. It doesn't seem such a difficult thing, i guess...
  • MaxPower83 19 Jul 2012 19:48:41 18,304 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    I'm sure the giant ads in my face all the time help pay for the costs of running the forum a little.
    adblock for the win
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Jul 2012 19:50:21 42,389 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Raist² wrote:
    DDevil wrote:
    I don't, and I've met them!
    Winner of "Mod of the Year 2011"
    o i see.
    Hey, as voted for by the upstanding members of this community!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Jul 2012 19:51:37 42,389 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nandos wrote:
    DDevil wrote:
    Nandos wrote:
    So, for you it's more simple to ban users instead of fix a routine problem? Come on :D
    I believe in devs :cool:
    I don't, and I've met them!
    Ok, I hate repeating myself, the basics has been explained by ZioAndrew. And I'm a mod. We just want to fix this little lack. It doesn't seem such a difficult thing, i guess...
    Problem being, I don't think it's actually been established what exactly you're talking about. Someone is posting too much? Too bad - ban 'em.
  • Raist² 19 Jul 2012 19:52:44 16,879 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    Raist² wrote:
    DDevil wrote:
    I don't, and I've met them!
    Winner of "Mod of the Year 2011"
    o i see.
    Hey, as voted for by the upstanding members of this community!
  • Stickman 19 Jul 2012 19:52:55 29,660 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What the hell are these people saying? Someone's trapped in the old well?
  • SvIozzo 19 Jul 2012 19:56:22 277 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    :| yeah but 3 pages, no answers.
    we can talk about the unavailable private groups or about the ignore list editable by a single link, or.. or.. you can click here.
    :smugcockonfire:
  • Trowel 19 Jul 2012 19:57:09 18,836 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Independent thought from the Italians? A single line of communism would fix that.
  • Raist² 19 Jul 2012 19:58:54 16,879 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Independent thought from the Italians? A single line of communism would fix that.


    o youuu
  • SvIozzo 19 Jul 2012 19:59:43 277 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DDevil do you know a funny thing? in italy DDevil's translation means Kymya!:D
  • MaxPower83 19 Jul 2012 20:00:08 18,304 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Independent thought from the Italians? A single line of communism would fix that.
  • SYS64738 19 Jul 2012 20:00:32 2,057 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    53,423 posts all within ONE YEAR?!

    /faints
  • MaxPower83 19 Jul 2012 20:00:59 18,304 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SvIozzo wrote:
    @DDevil do you know a funny thing? in italy DDevil's translation means Chiwaz!:D
    fixed
  • Pirotic Moderator 19 Jul 2012 20:06:20 20,643 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    A single line of javascript? that's a client side thing so real spammers would just have a greecemonkey script to disable it and get around it very easily.

    It shouldn't be too difficult to put a minimum timer on the post verification function - they have to be logged in to post so it's be per account, nothing to stop people having multiple accounts. If you started doing it by IP you'd get people at big universities who could never post because somebody else on the same IP range already did.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Jul 2012 20:07:03 42,389 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SvIozzo wrote:
    :| yeah but 3 pages, no answers.
    we can talk about the unavailable private groups or about the ignore list editable by a single link, or.. or.. you can click here.
    :smugcockonfire:
    That link didn't seem to destroy anything. What unavailable private groups? What the blue hell do you mean the ignore list is editable by a single link? Of course it's editable through a link!
  • Dirtbox 19 Jul 2012 20:12:07 81,866 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They appear to communicate entirely with crude hieroglyphs.

    I will attempt a simple greeting.

  • ZioAndrew 19 Jul 2012 20:12:40 7,112 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    A single line of javascript? that's a client side thing so real spammers would just have a greecemonkey script to disable it and get around it very easily.

    It shouldn't be too difficult to put a minimum timer on the post verification function - they have to be logged in to post so it's be per account, nothing to stop people having multiple accounts. If you started doing it by IP you'd get people at big universities who could never post because somebody else on the same IP range already did.
    Yes, i totally agree.
    I mentioned only the client side solution to make things simple for the devs, but it can be a start. :fag:

    Thank for the reply, i think it's the first serious answer that i was looking for.
  • MaxPower83 19 Jul 2012 20:12:59 18,304 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    he meant that since months we can't invite people to our private group(s). Steven Sylvester (our local boss) said it's due to a bug , but it hasn't been solved yet.
  • Raist² 19 Jul 2012 20:13:16 16,879 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    SvIozzo wrote:
    :| yeah but 3 pages, no answers.
    we can talk about the unavailable private groups or about the ignore list editable by a single link, or.. or.. you can click here.
    :smugcockonfire:
    That link didn't seem to destroy anything. What unavailable private groups? What the blue hell do you mean the ignore list is editable by a single link? Of course it's editable through a link!
    yes. it's possible to add a link in your sign and, if a user click on this link, he add to ignore list another user (like @gabi.2437).
  • Mawend_2.0 19 Jul 2012 20:13:16 18,939 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • UltraPoci 19 Jul 2012 20:13:19 11,957 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    53,423 posts all within ONE YEAR?!

    /faints
    you don't know j4s, don't you?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Jul 2012 20:15:42 42,389 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Raist² wrote:
    DDevil wrote:
    SvIozzo wrote:
    :| yeah but 3 pages, no answers.
    we can talk about the unavailable private groups or about the ignore list editable by a single link, or.. or.. you can click here.
    :smugcockonfire:
    That link didn't seem to destroy anything. What unavailable private groups? What the blue hell do you mean the ignore list is editable by a single link? Of course it's editable through a link!
    yes. it's possible to add a link in your sign and, if a user click on this link, he add to ignore list another user (like @gabi.2437).
    Oh yeah, we just ban people for doing that. That's been around since the ignore feature was added about 8 years ago. So you know, don't hold your breath hoping it'll be fixed.
  • SYS64738 19 Jul 2012 20:17:56 2,057 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    UltraPoci wrote:
    SYS64738 wrote:
    53,423 posts all within ONE YEAR?!

    /faints
    you don't know j4s, don't you?
    Nope... does that mean he cheated?
  • ronuds 19 Jul 2012 20:19:16 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    UltraPoci wrote:
    SYS64738 wrote:
    53,423 posts all within ONE YEAR?!

    /faints
    you don't know j4s, don't you?
    Nope... does that mean he cheated?
    Looking at the Italian forum, I'd be surprised if the entire thing had that many posts in a year.
  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

Log in or register to reply