Battlefield 4 Page 4

• Page

of 279 First / Last

• effinjamie 27 Mar 2013 12:44:48 888 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Any evidence of any kind of tutorial levels for land and air vehicles...? I'd rather have that than a SP campaign.
    +1

PSN - effinjamie Xbox - effinjamie

• Tryhard 27 Mar 2013 13:05:29 3,976 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just watched the trailer.

That guy who had his leg amputated with one push of a knife clearly had no bone in his leg.

I would like to see BF SP show all out war.And you can choose which vehicle to do a mission with.Rather than the game hold your hand all the way through and force you down a narrow path.That way new BF players will have a good grasp of all the vehicles when they hit MP and will not feel overwhelmed.
  • elephantjuice 27 Mar 2013 13:07:47 669 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    effinjamie wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    Any evidence of any kind of tutorial levels for land and air vehicles...? I'd rather have that than a SP campaign.
    +1
    Slightly wishful thinking but bots would be nice.
  • ecureuil 27 Mar 2013 13:10:20 76,813 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It looks really stunning. Not too fussed about single player but I'm sure we'll see multiplayer soon enough. The engine is outstanding.
  • agparrot 27 Mar 2013 14:10:26 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had no idea this was a current-generation game. That sounds a bit stupid, I know, but I just sort of glanced at the pics and thought that it'd look lovely on PC and probably nearly as nice on nextboxes.

I'm not sure I have the stamina for another current-gen-console BF game really - I'm sure BF4 will see a next generation release, that they probably aren't working on yet or aren't allowed to talk about until more console/steambox reveals or whatever.
  • ecureuil 27 Mar 2013 14:17:54 76,813 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Couldn't play another one on the 360. This often happens when games are released during a new console launch, you get the shiny new version, and the old version which looks primitive by this point. Remember Just Cause on the PS2/Xbox? BF4 on 360 is probably going to feel like this when you see the "next gen" version with 64 players and far superior visuals.
  • Mr-Brett 27 Mar 2013 14:41:28 12,799 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It has to be released on next gen platforms too. That's probably how I'd want to play it since the PC version will likely have far too many layers of crap between you and playing the game again.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• graysonavich 27 Mar 2013 14:43:44 7,353 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Layers of crap being an in game server browser and punkbuster?
  • bobdebob 27 Mar 2013 14:48:01 587 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Unless there's fully destructible buildings and terrain, it doesn't seem that enticing.
  • andytheadequate 27 Mar 2013 14:48:11 8,179 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm sure next generation consoles will be able to add all new layers of shit too to get in the way.

The 360/ps3 version of this will be seriously shoddy, I imagine, now that it's not just on the pc but also the next generation of consoles as well.

The single player trailer looks utter turd. I wonder what lessons will be learnt from BF3? I just hope destruction and decent rush maps make a re-appearance...
  • Mr-Brett 27 Mar 2013 14:52:35 12,799 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Being having you go through: Origin, then a browser then battlelog then into a game without proper menus and options.

I don't really get your point are you saying they scrapped that and are putting an in-game server browser back in?

• graysonavich 27 Mar 2013 15:21:37 7,353 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They all merge into one. I only ever played Battlefield 2: Bad Company 2 1942:2 Vietnam Battlefield 2 which didn't have any browser launchers. Did 3 have a post-game browser launcher? Sounds shit! No wonder they're always giving it away for free.
  • andytheadequate 27 Mar 2013 15:26:38 8,179 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I meant that the new consoles will probably be just as awkward as the pc version currently is...
  • ecureuil 27 Mar 2013 15:28:26 76,813 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So you think the new console version will have Origin? Because that's not going to happen. Anyway, connecting through the browser on the PC was far superior to the shite they dished up on the consoles.
  • Mr-Brett 27 Mar 2013 15:31:20 12,799 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah ok, sorry I thought I was missing something there. 3 doesn't have a main menu on PC (it does on console), they force you to boot a browser, install a plugin and launch the game through that. When you get into a running match, only then can you access any options and if you want to change match you need to go back to the browser. So the PC version probably does have punkbuster but only the console version has an in-game server browser.

• andytheadequate 27 Mar 2013 15:32:17 8,179 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just think it will be incredibly awkward and not intuitive, as they seem to want to put as many barriers to actually playing as possible. Battlelog is just a terrible way to browse and join games
  • Mr-Brett 27 Mar 2013 15:34:46 12,799 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know about either being better, both are pretty janky but let's not get sidetracked, the servers and how you access them is relatively minor in the list of issues that BF3 has.

• ecureuil 27 Mar 2013 15:34:59 76,813 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They don't "want" to put barriers. The barriers are a result of them wanting full control over the game, if anything they'll look to make the process easier. BF3 was basically a beta for the first year, which is why I'm glad this one is just a gradual evolution rather than starting from scratch again. I actually quite like Battlelog.
  • Derblington 27 Mar 2013 15:38:26 21,624 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    So you think the new console version will have Origin? Because that's not going to happen.
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted has Origin on consoles, same as all the UbiSoft titles get you to sign in to Uplay.
  • andytheadequate 27 Mar 2013 15:43:37 8,179 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Battlelog is good for looking at stats, but hardly a good system to browse for servers to join. Although I'm used to it now so doesn't bother me anymore.

As Brett says, although I liked BF3, I'm a but worried about what they will 'learn' from BF3...
  • ecureuil 27 Mar 2013 15:44:40 76,813 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    So you think the new console version will have Origin? Because that's not going to happen.
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted has Origin on consoles, same as all the UbiSoft titles get you to sign in to Uplay.
    You have to sign in but you don't have to access the game via a web browser. EA has always done this, I remember signing in to EA online for Burnout on the PS2.
  • Alastair 27 Mar 2013 15:45:22 15,758 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    As Brett says, although I liked BF3, I'm a but worried about what they will 'learn' from BF3...
    Hmm, everyone seems to like 1000 ticket matches.
  • ecureuil 27 Mar 2013 15:47:27 76,813 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Best thing about Battlelog is you can apply personal(fan made) filters to it. If you use an in-game browser, you're stuck with whatever DICE give you.

Like I said, Battlelog on PC is far better than the server browser the consoles get.
  • agparrot 27 Mar 2013 15:50:18 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I would love to have a big huff and say "I'm not getting Battlefield 4 unless they have proper lobbies", but I'm not buying it anyway because although I still love playing Battlefield 3, in all its shonky glory, I don't want to stop doing that for a version of a game I'll indubitably buy next gen anyway, one day.

If BF4 isn't going to be next-gen, then I'll play whatever Battlefield is next-gen. It's not like there isn't going to be one.

I can't afford BF4 anyway, from having to buy Premium for BF3. Trollcetera.
  • andytheadequate 27 Mar 2013 15:51:36 8,179 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Hmm, everyone seems to like 1000 ticket matches.
    Yep. And shinier graphics are more important than destruction. Or maps that are horrible on pc but ok on console, or vice versa, are fine, rather than designing maps that scale properly for the number of players involved
  • Alastair 27 Mar 2013 16:03:26 15,758 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    I would love to have a big huff and say "I'm not getting Battlefield 4 unless they have proper lobbies", but I'm not buying it anyway because although I still love playing Battlefield 3, in all its shonky glory, I don't want to stop doing that for a version of a game I'll indubitably buy next gen anyway, one day.

If BF4 isn't going to be next-gen, then I'll play whatever Battlefield is next-gen. It's not like there isn't going to be one.

I can't afford BF4 anyway, from having to buy Premium for BF3. Trollcetera.
    I'm kind of with Simps on this.
    I'm happy enough to keep playing BF3 for now - there's loads to do. I haven't touched Armoured Kill ("Don't bother!" I hear you cry...) and have all the Aftermath and End Game maps to get used to.
    I want to play my next BF game on a new console not my creaking 360.
  • Progguitarist 27 Mar 2013 16:06:02 10,440 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Impressive tech for sure. I have next to no interest in the kinds of games anymore though. I'm sure it'll be a revelation for the target audience.
  • Tryhard 27 Mar 2013 16:09:29 3,976 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gamespot have reported that Dice have just said that there are no playable female soldiers in SP or MP for any of those who wanted it.
  • kadooosh 27 Mar 2013 16:12:57 1,405 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm unclear on this, is it a next generation game aswell?

If not, why would you put all this effort in a game that's outdated within a couple of months with new hardware...
  • fletch7100 27 Mar 2013 16:17:42 7,319 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    it will be on next gen consoles, probably just waiting for MS do their reveal then MP will be shown off on next gen consoles at E3 this summer.
  • Page

of 279 First / Last