Battlefield 4 Page 246

• Page

of 275 First / Last

• mattk84 29 Apr 2014 23:06:42 421 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just when you thought DICE were starting to redeem themselves....unbelievable!

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Nades 30 Apr 2014 21:54:25 1,184 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, I think it's pretty obvious they aren't going to be fixing the campaign problem. It's a shame, because this game (if there were no silly problems) would be phenomenal!

Liverpool FC

• mattk84 30 Apr 2014 22:52:17 421 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been playing cq for the first time in quite a while and the number of nonparticipating snipers is really noticeable. I reckon a good 10% on each team do nothing more than occupy impossible to reach areas round the map edges.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• riz23 1 May 2014 00:40:20 1,232 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @mattk84 Well you shouldn't necessarily write those guys off. They might be spotting/painting/MAV'ing as well as taking people out. But yes, they might just be plonkers.
  • SFD 1 May 2014 01:41:26 490 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Most of them seem to do nothing, sadly. Around a dozen of them decided to camp on top of buildings on conquest earlier and my team got absolutely dominated.
  • wayneh 1 May 2014 06:39:59 2,311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's annoying when your team is not doing so well so half them decide to go Sniper and make the situation even worse when what you really need is a coordinated push

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• fletch7100 1 May 2014 08:28:11 7,156 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
  • ecureuil 1 May 2014 12:24:47 76,664 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played on a couple of pistol only, no explosives servers last night on PS4. I was amazed to find that even without an admin, people were sticking to the rules. There was one guy running around with a shotgun, and he kept using it all game but everyone else continued with pistols.
  • Tryhard 1 May 2014 12:31:06 3,867 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There is a big magnet on that train Fletch,that is an excuse to use.
  • mattk84 1 May 2014 13:01:28 421 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Played on a couple of pistol only, no explosives servers last night on PS4. I was amazed to find that even without an admin, people were sticking to the rules. There was one guy running around with a shotgun, and he kept using it all game but everyone else continued with pistols.
    That's what bugs be about rental servers though i.e. it relies on players to observe the rules and in most cases they inevitably don't. Why not give the server owner full responsibility in that they can fully disable all weapons other than pistols?

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Nipz69 2 May 2014 06:57:01 40 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    I had some amazing games on 360 on rental servers last night. Really well balanced with what seemed like never ending firefights on certain map points on CQ. For all the hate this game gets, it's still by far the best thing out there.

Edited by Nipz69 at 06:57:18 02-05-2014
  • Kichijoten 3 May 2014 07:51:33 1,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    So gentlemen, what is the new map pack like? I want it but I'm assuming it is a bit to large scale for my 360. Tempted to upgrade consoles but I'm rank 60 and really can't be bothered to unlock everything again.
  • fletch7100 3 May 2014 09:22:48 7,156 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rental servers and join squad beta(in menu) is online for X1 users

Joined a server for Best Max Rush Maps only. First match Op Locker Conquest
  • mattk84 3 May 2014 09:23:46 421 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Map pack is good but big so won't lend itself to a reduced player count. might be OK Rush though.

Played metro and locker on max ticket servers yesterday and using my boosts almost ranked up a level per round(am ranked in the 80s)!

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• ecureuil 3 May 2014 09:59:56 76,664 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kichijoten wrote:
    So gentlemen, what is the new map pack like? I want it but I'm assuming it is a bit to large scale for my 360. Tempted to upgrade consoles but I'm rank 60 and really can't be bothered to unlock everything again.
    If you upgrade to Xbox One you'll be able to carry your stats over.
  • Kichijoten 3 May 2014 10:57:44 1,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I don't see why a players stats can't be moved across all platforms. I'm def not starting from the beginning if I decided on a ps4,
  • motti82 3 May 2014 11:02:19 2,873 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Squad Beta works well. It auto balances squads so you can get in together. Only problem is that it makes a private squad that you can't change it back to a public squad.

Other than that, emblems show on your guns so I had the EG Platoon last night.
  • Kichijoten 3 May 2014 11:05:41 1,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    motti82 wrote:
    The Squad Beta works well. It auto balances squads so you can get in together. Only problem is that it makes a private squad that you can't change it back to a public squad.

Other than that, emblems show on your guns so I had the EG Platoon last night.

I know, they cant even get squads to work. I couldn't join a squad and my friend couldn't leave one. I guess to be fair the game has only been out six months and no other game has implemented playing with your friends list before......
  • xero521 4 May 2014 11:16:42 134 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Kichijoten

II know I think its an absolute joke battlefield is a team based game and they have only just added the squad beta. Why is it the games seem to go backwards all the time? The best buddy system I've experienced was on resistance fall of man way back in 2007.
  • stephenb 4 May 2014 11:27:17 2,737 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Someone was running a 64 player domination server last night. Complete and utter carnage! Some points were fun and other times it was a complete shit storm of bullets, grenades & mortars.

Good for grinding points and ribbons I guess, but it's not proper battlefield.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• mattk84 4 May 2014 23:00:45 421 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wish they would sort the the revives. So many times I put my ass on the line to find I can't revive. Usually this is because there is a kit on the body or it has slid down a slope.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Kichijoten 4 May 2014 23:08:19 1,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I got a better retarded thing for you. Supply crates dropped on m coms so it is hard and sometimes impossible to arm the m com because you can only re supply.
  • CompetitiveDad 5 May 2014 04:57:10 2,004 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    mattk84 wrote:
    Wish they would sort the the revives. So many times I put my ass on the line to find I can't revive. Usually this is because there is a kit on the body or it has slid down a slope.
    I wish they gave more points for reviving people, then maybe people would actually do it. Had a few hours on it yesterday without getting revived, healed or even re supplied by a single person.

I ran out of ammo and I had to resort to jumping up and down in front of the support guy as continually pressing the 'I need ammo' request clearly didn't work. He eventually threw down some ammo only for me to get gunned down! Haha thanks team mate.

Edited by CompetitiveDad at 08:50:24 05-05-2014

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• wayneh 5 May 2014 06:07:48 2,311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't get why people don't drop medkits or ammo, takes a second to do and it's free points. When playing support or assault I'm always dropping stuff for team mates

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• motti82 5 May 2014 07:50:57 2,873 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do think that BF4 needs a tutorial with it as it doesn't give people an idea about spotting or dropping med kits or ammo.

Here's my latest Snipes collection - http://youtu.be/18KruFDFKz4
  • mattk84 5 May 2014 10:11:37 421 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I always try and give full revives and get irritated by people jumping in front of me giving a lowly 20. In many situations it seems to me that you get penalised for trying to help the team and play bf 'properly'.

Ammo crates can be annoying. Saw 1 game where a crate had landed on top of the hotel in Hainan blocking entry or exit from 1 of the lifts! Every time a team came up it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• bigdan1035 5 May 2014 10:21:12 43 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @motti82 Doesn't help that you can't spot vehicles in the test range!
  • FWB 5 May 2014 10:29:17 44,100 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Med is my favourite class. In BF3 I've gone full games without firing a bullet, just reviving. Came top of the score board a few tunes on it alone. Mainly in close combat maps, as my squad just kept running into traps. Still, meant we could push the other side back.
  • CompetitiveDad 5 May 2014 10:38:20 2,004 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @mattk84 I must admit, I didn't realise you could revive players by holding the charge for longer until I read this thread. Even if the single player was more of a training ground for myself and new players alike.

Maybe a survival/hoard type mode were focus is more on reviving, healing, spotting and re-supplying for your AI controlled teammates.

I still love the game though, but the difference in quality is night and day when playing in a squad.

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• ecureuil 5 May 2014 10:45:21 76,664 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The basic revive is too low imo. It should revive to 50 not 20.

The whole mechanic with the long charge is stupid. If someone has just killed a team mate, by the time you've cleared the area you run the risk of the icon disappearing by the time you've fully charged them. Even if you think you do have the time to revive you're increasing the time in which you're virtually defenceless so if anyone unexpected turns up you're fucked. This game doesn't have the pacing for a mechanic like that. I think you're better off with medpack + grenade launcher almost all the time.
  • Page

of 275 First / Last