Registered 13 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    it doesn't have an SD card slot?

damn, did not know that.
    That's the main thing putting me off.
  • TheSaint 3 Oct 2012 12:48:25 14,201 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a bit annoying but easily solved with a USB OTG cable, 1.50 app and USB drive / SD Card and adaptor.
  • mrpon 3 Oct 2012 12:50:02 28,483 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kinda defeats the portability though.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 3 October 2012 12:51:35
    @THFourteen How much up front, the rest is payable over how many years, and what are the performance bonuses?

I'm really pleased with it. Read a few chapters of a book last night and the screen is great for reading. Is the perfect size for it too. I am not worried about storage space as I'll have my 320gb netbook with me should I go travelling, just a case of transferring stuff across. I can see it being an issue otherwise though.

Voice recognition is surprisingly good!
  • caligari 3 Oct 2012 21:02:45 16,999 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So definitely a Nexus over the Kindle Fire?

My Netbook looks to be on the way out, so I'm about to take the 'tablet' plunge.

How solid is the Nexus? I have a habit of falling asleep on top of my Netbook, and it lasted a good 11 months. Will a Nexus survive a fall off the bed / a good bumming?
  • BurnoutJunkie 3 Oct 2012 21:17:01 681 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    What I'm rocking on mine:

Super Gnes for SNES emulation (with a control pad if you've got the OTG cable)
    What's an OTG cable? Also, is it possible to connect a USB SNES cable to it?
  • mrpon 3 Oct 2012 21:17:33 28,483 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mini iPad due in Nov cal, if that floats your boat.

• Carlo 3 Oct 2012 21:36:26 17,948 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BurnoutJunkie wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

On the Go. It lets you plug a USB memory stick directly into the nexus without a separate hub between the two.

Edited by Carlo at 21:37:10 03-10-2012

PSN ID: Djini

• caligari 3 Oct 2012 21:40:32 16,999 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Mini iPad due in Nov cal, if that floats your boat.
    Cheers, sir, but I'm not too keen on Apple products. :s
  • Stranded87 4 Oct 2012 13:46:21 865 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    So definitely a Nexus over the Kindle Fire?

My Netbook looks to be on the way out, so I'm about to take the 'tablet' plunge.

How solid is the Nexus? I have a habit of falling asleep on top of my Netbook, and it lasted a good 11 months. Will a Nexus survive a fall off the bed / a good bumming?
    Probably not unless you buy it a case (highly recommended). It looks and feels high quality but it's definitely fragile. For one thing the whole front of it is just a sheet of glass with no lip to protect it.
  • chrisno21 4 Oct 2012 14:40:38 1,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Heard rumours of a 32GB Nexus 7 and it looks like LG are getting this years 1st Nexus mobile, though other brands are rumoured to be coming.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• crashVoodoo 4 Oct 2012 16:25:24 3,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nexus Program
    Seems the idea of a nexus program is being floated that means to be accepted you need to adhere to strict guidelines. I like the sound of it.

Rumours are of a skin/theme engine so that it's possible to drop back to stock holo ui theme.

As the post above says the first device to sign up is LGs Optimus G Nexus

/holds off on Note 2 :-)

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• eleven63 4 Oct 2012 18:44:13 1,601 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Nexus Program
    Seems the idea of a nexus program is being floated that means to be accepted you need to adhere to strict guidelines. I like the sound of it.

Rumours are of a skin/theme engine so that it's possible to drop back to stock holo ui theme.

As the post above says the first device to sign up is LGs Optimus G Nexus

/holds off on Note 2 :-)
    This - was going to take the plunge on the Note 2 (I'm long overdue an upgrade) - but loving the Nexus 7, so a vanilla Nexus phone will be my next choice - rumours suggest several hardware manufacturers will bring out a nexus phone this year - great news!

/bit of a crossover thread/post, sorry.

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• richardiox 4 Oct 2012 19:02:23 5,547 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BurnoutJunkie wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

Cheap little cable that lets you connect USB devices to the micro USB slot on the Nexus. I have no idea what a USB SNES cable is though? That said I can use both my PS3 or my 360 pad on emulators and certain Play Store games and they do a fine job of it.

Just wish there was a decent N64 emu on the store. The only one that's up is full of malware bullshit.
  • Shikasama 4 Oct 2012 19:15:21 6,630 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just bought one \0/
  • Shikasama 4 Oct 2012 19:15:21 6,630 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just bought one \0/
  • cheeky_prawnking 4 Oct 2012 19:19:01 4,278 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I love mine, not touched my Ipad in the last couple of days. The form factor for me is ideal, and if you used to using android, it is bloody lovely.
  • cheeky_prawnking 4 Oct 2012 19:19:17 4,278 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Enjoy!
  • Shikasama 4 Oct 2012 19:21:41 6,630 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What's the best hax comics thing? I think I saw one called Comic Viewer mentioned earlier? Also if anyone has any cool apps/usage tips im all ears.
  • richardiox 4 Oct 2012 20:15:38 5,547 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Shikasama

From my post on previous page:

Perfect Viewer for comics
    TV Catchup for streaming free view
    Nexus Importer (+USB otg cable) for USB streaming
    Netflix if you're subbed (hack DNS to get the American content)
    TuneIn Radio Pro is brilliant
    MXPlayer to watch avi, mkv etc
    Facebook so you can stalk girls you once knew.
    Kingsoft Office to open and edit Office docs
    Dropbox to increase your storage.
    Swiftkey 3 Tablet - awesome replacement keyboard
  • BurnoutJunkie 4 Oct 2012 20:57:41 681 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    BurnoutJunkie wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

Cheap little cable that lets you connect USB devices to the micro USB slot on the Nexus. I have no idea what a USB SNES cable is though? That said I can use both my PS3 or my 360 pad on emulators and certain Play Store games and they do a fine job of it.

Just wish there was a decent N64 emu on the store. The only one that's up is full of malware bullshit.
    Thanks. I meant USB SNES controller ;-)
  • Triggerhappytel 9 Oct 2012 18:34:01 2,671 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    It's a bit annoying but easily solved with a USB OTG cable, 1.50 app and USB drive / SD Card and adaptor.
    Out of interest, I've just got a 32gb USB 2.0 memory stick, a micro USB to USB transfer cable and I bought the app Nexus Media Importer, but I can only seem to read music from the memory stick but not import anything from the tablet to the stick, and not transfer anything from the tab to the stick? In particular, I'd like to use it to store some big games I only occasionally use like Nova 3 and Horn.

Thanks man, any tips would be appreciated.
  • Shikasama 9 Oct 2012 19:55:13 6,630 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm seriously enjoying my Nexus. I probably don't use it for a tenth of what I could but for reading comics its fucking great.
  • Stranded87 10 Oct 2012 10:10:46 865 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel I'm pretty sure the app is read only- you should be able to read video files, documents etc as well as music but I don't think you can transfer things to your usb stick using it. I think you have to be rooted to be able to write as well.

Not 100% certain though so hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong.
  • TheSaint 10 Oct 2012 10:14:01 14,201 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, it's read only unless you root your Nexus.
  • Deleted user 11 October 2012 12:06:46
    I've just installed Perfect Viewer, but where do I put the comic files? I can't see a help guide on the dev's linked website. Do you just dump them anywhere on the nexus, or in a folder and point the app at it?

Answered my own question there! Very easy.

Does it have guided view though? Goes from panel to panel? I hate having to rotate the device (yes, lazy).

Edited by Apostle at 12:36:05 11-10-2012
  • jagg3r 11 Oct 2012 14:08:00 1,029 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thinking of buying, anyone recommend a good place to buy one?
  • mrpon 11 Oct 2012 14:10:35 28,483 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It seems to be 199 across the board, somewhere like ebuyer is good with free delivery. Select your own cashback site accordingly.

• Deleted user 11 October 2012 15:52:45
    Got mine today. Its better than I expected. Games-wise though I am under a bit of a shock. Some Tegra optimized games won't download, saying they are incompatible. Such as Dead Trigger, Heroes Call (a Diablo clone), anyone experienced this?
  • Murbal 11 Oct 2012 15:55:13 21,936 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    Some Tegra optimized games won't download, saying they are incompatible. Such as Dead Trigger, Heroes Call (a Diablo clone), anyone experienced this?
    Run both of those on mine...
  • Page

of 52 First / Last