Dead Space 3 Page 20

• Page

of 23 First / Last

• ecu 5 Mar 2013 14:51:20 77,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RE6 still sold 5 million units, despite being a turd.
  • ecu 5 Mar 2013 14:53:11 77,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Over 15 years and 200 different releases on 50 consoles.
  • ecu 5 Mar 2013 14:59:31 77,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So did I..
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2013 15:01:53 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So what are we saying then?
  • ecu 5 Mar 2013 15:02:39 77,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No but really. The whole generic 3rd person thing doesn't seem to have done Resident Evil any harm.
  • ecu 5 Mar 2013 15:03:50 77,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    So what are we saying then?
    EA sux and people still buy Resident Evil games even though they're shit.
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2013 15:04:05 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All I know is, ME4 better sell shitloads.
  • CharlieStCloud 5 Mar 2013 15:07:00 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    No but really. The whole generic 3rd person thing doesn't seem to have done Resident Evil any harm.
    Is that list on the Capcom website real?

... looks like Resident Evil 6, despite being shit, is their fourth best selling game of all time.

Christ on a bike!
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2013 15:09:32 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How are they still around?
  • GiarcYekrub 5 Mar 2013 15:10:50 3,903 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Problem is Dead Space 3 is a great "Dead Space" game but the marketing was focused on expanding the fanbase and that was at the detriment of the existing fans, who felt the game was moving away from them. Personally I felt it was much more like the original Dead Space, its a shame that fans were scared away by misjudged marketing.

What the fans(at least me) want is EA to do is to be screaming the great things that they love about it instead they go on about the new stuff that really isn't essential to the Dead Space experience like Co-oP.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 15:11:23 61,349 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What a weird scale. Do the japanese not have a word for 'million' or something?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 15:14:17 61,349 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The reason I didnt get Dead Space was that the setting looked toss and the story sounded boring.

Dead Space had a good hook. Dead Space 2 was carnage on a space station. This just look like generic shooting on a generic ice planet, wrapped up in a story of 'wheres my girlfriend'. Fuck that noise.

Also: micro-transactions. I did actually vote with my wallet this time. I hate the weapon system in dead space anyway, but the one in the DS3 demo seemed like a right pain in the tits.

Edited by nickthegun at 15:15:09 05-03-2013

• nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 15:15:37 61,349 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    mirrion
    one thousand mirrion

• Deleted user 5 March 2013 15:16:26
    Deckard1 wrote:
    mirrion
    Thank you lol.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 15:19:12 61,349 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I didn't buy it because I thought the last few levels of Dead Space 2 were shite, and this looked like it was a continuation of that.
    The last few were better than the cavern ones. I could have lived without the immortal graboid thing, though, benny hill-ing his way after you around the corridors.

• CharlieStCloud 5 Mar 2013 15:20:35 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I didn't buy it because I thought the last few levels of Dead Space 2 were shite, and this looked like it was a continuation of that.
    If you ever see the game going for 10 or less, it is worth playing just for the first seven chapters ... because of the spaceship graveyard.

Once you arrive onto the icy planet, it slowly goes downhill.

... having said that, there seem to be a fair few folks on here (not me) who have been saying that they thought the game was 'really, really good' and is a good continuation of the series.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2013 15:21:40
    I did wonder when it was coming out how it would do. Despite all the adverts etc, I don't really remember hearing or seeing anyone that interested in it.

Personally, I'm finding better games coming from the smaller/medium sized teams then the so called "triple A" titles/developers..

Edited by Rec at 15:23:14 05-03-2013
  • ubergine 5 Mar 2013 15:33:07 2,901 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Marketing failed to excite, didn't like direction of Dead Space 2 (which looked great and had great stuff, but terrible combat that threw quantity of cheap enemies at you instead of the more considered enemies of the first game, had no desire to replay it) EA are on a steam train of piss-me-off with Battlefield 3, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 awfulness, stupid lies contantly "we'll never do 75% off" days before 75% off sale "consumers want and love microtransactions in full-price games!" Jesus fucking Christ.

That guy who founded then quit Respawn had exactly the right idea. EA are on an express elevator to hell.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• FogHeart 5 Mar 2013 16:05:14 995 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Truly awful marketing. Man in space suit, which is designed to withstand the coldest temperature possible, but needs furry bits all over it because snow, freefalls towards base of statue in order to 'take down the terror'.

'Take down the terror?' In the name of all that's holy, how did they not cringe as soon as they finished penning it on their whiteboard? Even an intern working at Fox News suggesting it as a tagline for a documentary on Al Quaeda would be laughed out of the office.
  • Cappy 5 Mar 2013 16:11:29 12,119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    I don't really understand why AC is do successful...
    Hoodie on the cover = Sale
  • Razz 5 Mar 2013 16:58:59 61,664 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    UPDATE: Dino Ignacio, UI Lead at Dead Space developer Visceral Games, has denied today's story about the end of the Dead Space series.

"The reports of our death were greatly exaggerated," he tweeted. "Please stand by."

Ian Milham, creative director at EA and ex-art director on Dead Space, also took to Twitter to deny the story.

"Almost nothing in that article is true," he wrote. Then, in response to a question on Twitter: "I confirm nothing except the hooey in that story."

EA's US PR team has reportedly called the VideoGamer.com report "patently false".

"While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA," an EA spokesperson told Eurogamer.
    Turns out it might have been bollocks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Cappy 5 Mar 2013 17:05:46 12,119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's great, people getting to keep their jobs is great news.

Though Dead Space getting mothballed wouldn't be that bad, I see it as an opportunity for Visceral to come up with something new, something better with any luck.
  • Page

of 23 First / Last