Gears of War: Judgement Page 33

• Page

of 90 First / Last

• Jono62 23 Mar 2013 19:35:00 14,148 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Who's up for an insane run tonight? Either survival or Campaign.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Mar 2013 08:23:07 14,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Morning chaps

I have come to the conclusion that I HATE mp modes in games. Spent the last hour or so playing TDM, Domination on GearsJ and due to the fact I'm totally and utterly useless against anything other than bots, I get zero fun out of playing them, it is just an exercise in sheer and foul mouthed (under breath!) frustration.

Even a game as close to my heart as the Gears series become a total fucking chore. I just can't seem to get the hang of multiplayer. Maybe because I came to it so late in the day, my first really being Gears3.
    It is something I have always hated in gaming, I think the only reason I spent so much time with it in Gears is because of you fine fellows :)

I like it (MP) when it is quirky, as in COJ, Dead Space 2 etc. But as for full on proper online modes I think I will have to accept that they are not for me, unless in a party of EGers.
    The fact that the new Bioshock is single player only warms my gaming heart. I think I need to go back to some wrpgs*, which is what I love playing the most.

Back to the Gears J multiplayer side of things, already loads of Cunts doing that wall bouncing thing ? WHY, do you need to win and rank up so very, very much. If you are more skillful then me (which 99.9% are) then fair enough I can and do accept that. But don't come at me like fucking Tigger bouncing from one surface to the next.
    I think I will have to enjoy the maps (which are good) against bots, and play Horde in Gears 3 for my mp kicks.

Oh well, rant over for now.

*if only it were that easy, Gears gives out ribbons and badges like sweeties, and I love sweeties ;)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 08:25:13 24-03-2013

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• fletch7100 24 Mar 2013 08:30:00 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

I know what you mean. I hate the Versus in Gears games as I'm terrible at it. Sticking to walls when I don't want to etc then I do enjoy overrun mode :). I do love the co op side of gears horde, beast,survival and co op campaign. Some online gaming I love, will always enjoy Battlefield even iif I'm not the greatest but with friends it produces the best WTF ratio moments in a game :)
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 24 Mar 2013 08:48:22 6,652 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah online tactics designed to win are funny. On fifa you come across guys who will get a goal then pass it round for ten minutes at the back.

Fucking dunces don't realise the point of the level system in skill games is to match you up with someone of equivalent skill, so if they do win they're just going to end up playing even better players.

Online can be abject frustration.

Edited by bitch_tits_zero_nine at 08:48:47 24-03-2013
  • Deleted user 24 March 2013 09:03:40
    Do you not find the retro lancer nullifies the wall bounce? In gears 3 if there are any wall bounces I equip retro on next spawn and then proceed to kill them over and over until they rage quit.
  • Jono62 24 Mar 2013 10:01:43 14,148 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I agree. The thing that irks me is you see someone DBNO, you rush over to save them and you get DBNO because you saved them but they don't save you and run away. We are teammates for a reason!

I'm up for some co-op tonight. I've started an insane run of Judgment and so far so tough.
  • BiggerBFG 24 Mar 2013 10:10:11 795 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are ye far into your insane run ? Are ye doing it in co-op?
  • Jono62 24 Mar 2013 10:16:04 14,148 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BiggerBFG wrote:
    Are ye far into your insane run ? Are ye doing it in co-op?
    I've got 6 stars out of 6 (so done the first two declassified missions). I wasn't but I'll be up for doing that tonight.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Mar 2013 10:19:32 14,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    I'm up for some co-op tonight. I've started an insane run of Judgment and so far so tough.
    If we are not having a film night, I will be happy to start a insane runthrough :)

• StrayBezza 24 Mar 2013 10:34:28 210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Online on this is fucked. Overrun COULD be great if everyone played their part - but typically they fucking don't.

I'm not a good or great player by anyone's standard but this game is severely pissing me off.

It seems really unbalanced to me - does anyone else find that or is it just me being crap?

Hardly any players online overall considering its a Gears game too.

Going to sell this tomoz I think if nothing changes my viewpoint.....

Edited by StrayBezza at 10:34:58 24-03-2013
  • StrayBezza 24 Mar 2013 10:36:44 210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also - whats a wall bounce (sorry!)
  • Deleted user 24 March 2013 11:03:14
    It is a gay tactic where you move quickly from wall to wall then shotgun. It is very gay and so I retro them and then facepunch execute them for as long as I can.
  • BiggerBFG 24 Mar 2013 11:05:12 795 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    this shit right here -

• del86 24 Mar 2013 11:15:36 4 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Question has to be asked - why bother?? Is winning THAT important to you, twats !!
    I've never come across that in GOW3 but to be honest, almost all of my MP gears was played with friends, or friends of friends....which def helps avoid the plonkers (which is true of all online gaming i suppose :) )
  • killersrquiet 24 Mar 2013 11:19:57 2,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    del86 wrote:
    Question has to be asked - why bother?? Is winning THAT important to you, twats !!
    I've never come across that in GOW3 but to be honest, almost all of my MP gears was played with friends, or friends of friends....which def helps avoid the plonkers (which is true of all online gaming i suppose :) )
    In gears 3 plenty of people would do a singular wall bounce I never came across anyone doing that zig zag shit down two walls.

On the bright side its stopped snowing here but I'm knee deep in it will be a while before Mr postman brings my game
  • Mayhem64 24 Mar 2013 12:29:09 671 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gears 2 has a fair bit of wall bouncing (hello chainsaw), Gears 3 I've seen less (hello retro lancer), but maybe that's because many of the maps don't have that many places where it is effective. I did see a couple of folks wall bounce in the Judgement demo, so it's still going on. I guess now there's no active reload power boost, it may come back to give an "advantage"...?

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Deleted user 24 March 2013 17:21:42
    BiggerBFG wrote:
    this shit right here -

Aaaagh the Gears equivalent of Cod's Quickscoping/drop shotting bullshit.
  • Jono62 24 Mar 2013 18:33:17 14,148 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Survival is fun. Normal seems easy compared to hardcore. Dread to think what the insane run would be like!

Check my stats and it didn't register that I'd done 2 insane Declassify missions on campaign. Happened before when I was cog tag hunting. Guess I'll have to see why. Hope I don't get that glitch again. :(
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Mar 2013 18:37:36 14,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Survival is fun. Normal seems easy compared to hardcore. Dread to think what the insane run would be like!

Check my stats and it didn't register that I'd done 2 insane Declassify missions on campaign. Happened before when I was cog tag hunting. Guess I'll have to see why. Hope I don't get that glitch again. :(
    Hi mate
    I have read that there a few glitches with cheveos, various things not registering and ribbons, as you say it can't happen to you again!

• StrayBezza 24 Mar 2013 20:06:01 210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Viewpoint changed. Something clicked and I am well into it now! Oh, how fickle I am.....
  • Vortex808 24 Mar 2013 20:20:48 7,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:

Surely lightning can't strike twice mate. /o\
  • BiggerBFG 24 Mar 2013 22:09:11 795 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jono and i started an Inasne run. Fuck me! That shit is tough! 2 hours for 3 sections.
  • Jono62 24 Mar 2013 22:10:08 14,148 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hope not and I hope you get the game tomorrow.

BFG and myself spent approximately 2 hours to get 9 insane stars! It is incredibly tough.

:) Spooky!

Edited by Jono62 at 22:10:35 24-03-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Mar 2013 22:25:47 14,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Jono62
    Painful chaps;-)
    That is a long time, maybe insane might be out of my reach.

Hopefully vortex will get his copy tomorrow, I also thought trout was getting ?

Might be able to have 5v5 soon.
    See you next week sometime.
    We need to reinstate Gears Fri or Sat.

• StarchildHypocrethes 25 Mar 2013 00:52:17 25,942 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That last section on the rooftops in the campaign is insane.
  • barbour99 25 Mar 2013 06:58:40 947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hoping to finish up my first run through today and then jump on some co-op. Glad to hear Insane is punishing, declassifying on insane takes it up a notch though!
  • Pazie 25 Mar 2013 07:49:51 228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BiggerBFG That would make me feel sick if I was to do that a lot. If that is how people are playing this on multiplayer, then I don't think I'll bother with this game.
  • legaldinho 25 Mar 2013 08:30:20 14 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

It's a shame you can't get on with gears mp, really is the best thing about it.It's gruelling at times, but I recommend sticking with it, and more importantly, teaming up with mates and using coms. Makes the process a whole deal more palatable.

Re wall bouncing, I'm by no means an expert shotgun wallbouncer, but I use it when trying to evade or move quickly from a to b, and it really adds to that rush of playing gears, when you're desperately trying to survive or just died and are rushing to get back to the action.

I rock lancer and stims and play with one or two mates. Two ranged weapons will drop a wallbouncing shotgunner in no time. Teamwork is the answer!

If you guys are short of one or two to make a party of five, and want to play TD or overrun, send me a FR: legaldinho.

Edited by legaldinho at 08:30:38 25-03-2013
  • Jono62 25 Mar 2013 09:58:14 14,148 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'll add you when I get home. My GT is my username here. The more we get, the better.

Anyone fancy trying insane survival tonight? Normal was too easy I feel.
  • killersrquiet 25 Mar 2013 10:06:42 2,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If I'm lucky I may get my copy today if royal mail make an effort to deliver.

What's the player count like for mp? Anytime I've tried the demo its less than 50 people in this region and 20000 in general.

And in tdm is it just first to 50 like I've read as opposed to gears3 where you could be the last man in your team against 5 enemies etc. Please tell me that isn't true I love tdm for this very reason
  • Page

of 90 First / Last