Registered 8 years ago
    "Would you like to know more"
  • Lukus 5 Jun 2012 11:42:11 18,955 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sport wrote:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/jubilee-pageant-unemployed

You couldn't make it up...

She said: "London was supposed to be a nice experience, but they left us in the rain. They couldn't give a crap No one is supposed to be treated like that, [working] for free. I don't want to be treated where I have to sleep under a bridge and wait for food." The male steward said: "It was the worst experience I've ever had. I've had many a job, and many a bad job, but this one was the worst."
    It's exactly this kind of shrewd and savvy business sense that has got the Royal Family where they are today.
    Anyone who dares complain should be beheaded for treason.

Paintings & Photographs

• MightyMouse 5 Jun 2012 11:44:06 1,091 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh that was pretty lazy of me, sorry sport!
  • Sid-Nice 5 Jun 2012 11:56:30 15,810 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wasn't that the same concert from 10 years ago? Who organised this pile of shit "Microsoft?"

NNID Sid-Nice

• Clive_Dunn 5 Jun 2012 13:57:45 4,762 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And today's "highlights", a Lancaster bomber and BBC coverage featuring Dame Kelly Holmes.

So, something that killed Germans 60 years ago and a probable drugs cheat. I have no idea what message we are trying to portray to the outside world, other than we are the naffest country on the planet.

I really need to emigrate.
  • elstoof 5 Jun 2012 14:14:18 6,138 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great concert I thought. Kylie singing her hit from a decade ago, Elton performing a medley of his hits from 30 odd years ago, a bloke from the Beatles who broke up 40 years ago, Tom Jones, Grace Jones and Sir Cliff, and to round it off top presenting from dear Rolf and our Lenny making highly appropriate jokes based on skin colour, who's not only not been funny for about 30 years, he's barely even been black for at least 20.

Great Britain, we're pioneers dontcha know.
  • Mr-Brett 5 Jun 2012 14:19:12 12,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    sport wrote:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/jubilee-pageant-unemployed

You couldn't make it up...

She said: "London was supposed to be a nice experience, but they left us in the rain. They couldn't give a crap No one is supposed to be treated like that, [working] for free. I don't want to be treated where I have to sleep under a bridge and wait for food." The male steward said: "It was the worst experience I've ever had. I've had many a job, and many a bad job, but this one was the worst."
    It's exactly this kind of shrewd and savvy business sense that has got the Royal Family where they are today.
    Anyone who dares complain should be beheaded for treason.
    Damn right, they built an Empire on slave labour so it's only fitting.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Salaman 5 Jun 2012 14:29:52 18,237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Clive_Dunn wrote:
    And today's "highlights", a Lancaster bomber and BBC coverage featuring Dame Kelly Holmes.

So, something that killed Germans 60 years ago and a probable drugs cheat. I have no idea what message we are trying to portray to the outside world, other than we are the naffest country on the planet.

The "outside world" doesn't really care, so you're not portraying anything to the outside world.
    Stay calm, carry on.

:-P
  • senso-ji 5 Jun 2012 14:33:43 5,300 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jesus, are the celebrations still going?! I thought the Royal Wedding media saturation from last year was bad, but this is ridiculous.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Jun 2012 14:50:52 24,557 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So much ridiculous saturation that you've managed to remain completely unaware that it's still going on until now.
  • JuanKerr 5 Jun 2012 15:28:36 36,094 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Clive_Dunn wrote:

Emigrate to a country without the internet so we don't have to listen to your fucking moaning.
  • JuanKerr 5 Jun 2012 15:29:32 36,094 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • PhoenixFlames 5 Jun 2012 15:31:10 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't get what all the fuss is about. We're all supposed to be happy about some granny who was born into luxury paid for by us taxpayers? Bizarre.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• elstoof 5 Jun 2012 15:33:17 6,138 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    She drove a forklift during the war effort so at least she's able to pass real driving tests.
  • Lukus 5 Jun 2012 15:36:34 18,955 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :D

Paintings & Photographs

• senso-ji 5 Jun 2012 15:39:02 5,300 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    So much ridiculous saturation that you've managed to remain completely unaware that it's still going on until now.
    Wrong. I saw the flotilla on the Thames, and knew there was a concert yesterday. Didn't realise there was more celebrations today and certainly wasn't expecting it to continue to domino at the BBC and other news outlets the way it has.
  • LeoliansBro 5 Jun 2012 15:40:45 41,863 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Here's a great idea:

Everyone on JSA in London, you can:

a) put yourself forward for selection as a jubilee volunteer.

b) demonstrate you are unfit to work (physical, learning disability etc).

c) agree to forfeit this month's handout.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• PhoenixFlames 5 Jun 2012 15:56:06 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    She drove a forklift during the war effort so at least she's able to pass real driving tests.
    Ha! You're sooooo funny.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• LeoliansBro 5 Jun 2012 16:35:55 41,863 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Halt! Do you have a full licence for that sarcasm PF?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• HoriZon 5 Jun 2012 20:26:57 13,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    16 quid a year ffs can we export them all the last few days have been shite.

At least we got two paid days off :)

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• RedSparrows 6 Jun 2012 00:16:13 20,747 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jubilee?
  • bantamenace 6 Jun 2012 01:09:36 73 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CheekyPrawnking, or whatever your name is.... President Thatcher?! You must live in the south of England to spout tripe like that. Downright offensive. We have yet to fully recover from the Thatcher years. Bad times. Bad times indeed.
  • Tom_Servo 7 Jun 2012 16:00:32 15,520 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/06/jubilee-jobseekers-modern-britain-worst

The one word in the last sentence sums it up, really: inhumanity. It boggles my mind that in 21st century Britain people are being pushed into work where they're told to sleep under London Bridge the night beforehand, have no access to toilets for 24 hours, and then aren't paid a penny at the end of it (unless you count a sandwich and a packet of crisps as payment, of course).
  • MetalDog 7 Jun 2012 16:21:37 23,706 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It is fucking bizarre that anyone thinks this was in any way shape or form 'okay'.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• sport 7 Jun 2012 16:25:13 12,043 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    It is fucking bizarre that anyone thinks this was in any way shape or form 'okay'.
    Was watching the Press Preview on Sky News last night. The editor of The Spectator, Fraser Nelson, seemed to think it was fine - "They volunteered".
  • Tom_Servo 7 Jun 2012 16:34:30 15,520 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    I think the "empathy" part of their brain isn't working. The observation in the article about people being spoken of like they're livestock was pretty good.
  • cheeky_prawnking 7 Jun 2012 17:11:23 3,794 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @bantamenace knew someone would bite.
  • hiddenranbir 15 Jun 2012 14:59:12 5,743 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Queeny came to Hitchin yesterday. Had no idea. Was wondering why primary school kids were walking from town back to school with a bunch of union flags.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next