Minecraft XBLA Page 2

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• Tryhard 10 May 2012 11:27:41 3,976 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Following on from my tales on the XBLA thread.

So I dug deep.Really deep.Where the noises of monsters ring in your ears on the other side of walls.And with headsets on late at night,I never thought Minecraft would be giving me this experience.

Then I broke through to a huge system of caves and tunnels.Torches went up all around.Then the shine of copper,coal,gold,redstone,and bluestone.All
    around,it was a sight to see.Throw into that view underground rivers,of water and lava running this way and that.

I kept harvesting,until my two stone picks broke.

That is when they rushed me.A zombie and a creeper.And just to make sure I did not take my mineral burden back up home,a skeleton in an upper cave entrance zinged me with his arrow into my back.

All the treasure of that dig was gone.

It was almost like a Dark Soul moment.

I fenced off the entrance to that monster hellhole.And dug around in other directions.Got myself kitted up with a full set of iron armour.Iron sword and pickaxe.Went down there and gave them hell,and cleared up another good hoard that I finally managed to return to my chest.

So my house,my mud has been replaced with cobblestone walls.I have dug either side to let the sea in,and built two stone bridges over the water.
    The bridges each have a wooden door,and glass windows each side.

Great fun.

Edited by Tryhard at 11:49:03 10-05-2012
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 May 2012 11:31:11 25,870 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, many trips with a bucket filled my moat.
  • glo 10 May 2012 11:36:43 3,425 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Enjoyed playing the demo last night but thought I would sleep on it before spending my precious points...

After reading the tales in this thread this morning I have already purchased the full game using the xbox website.

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAPPY NOW
  • Tabasco 10 May 2012 11:39:01 5,780 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you enjoy reading about peoples exploits in Minecraft y'all should read the PC Minecraft thread...

If you want to see some great YouTube stuff, look for guys like Coestar and Paulsoaresjr. Both are bloody great! :)

Edit - Although both are for PC, not sure how much of a difference there is...

Edited by Tabasco at 11:39:43 10-05-2012
  • phoopipe 10 May 2012 11:44:29 1,407 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This shouldnt be half as good as it is.

Barely got two metres from my spawn gathered a load of wood, made a shelter and started digging...3 hours later i have enough rock to build Rome.

Enjoyed every minute of basically doing nothing :/

Tonight il be making a mansion and punching a pig.
  • Slint1000 10 May 2012 11:48:02 3,078 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bought this quite happily yesterday even though I've already played my Mac version for more than a year and it's so much more pleasant to play relaxing on the sofa with a controller in hand.

Plus I finally got my girlfriend to play it with me for about four hours which made it extra fun. I have never heard anyone scream as loudly as when a Creeper exploded her to death without her ever seeing him.

I was a little worried the police might be on their way to find out who I'd murdered mind!
  • psychokitten Moderator 10 May 2012 11:51:52 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Last night when that cow showed up at Neilqpr's front door, I nearly died of funny.
    Then I stayed up till 4.30 playing and building my fortress (it's okay, I have today off)
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 11:54:19 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    Last night when that cow showed up at Neilqpr's front door, I nearly died of funny.
    Then I stayed up till 4.30 playing and building my fortress (it's okay, I have today off)
    Oh yes!

I think we had the beds stacked too close together in neil's miniature castle, so we kept getting attacked by things in the middle of the night.

Springing out of bed, and murdering the zombies, had us all a-jitter, so we went to the door to find a cow, mooing and looking like it was trying to get in.

I think somebody opened the door, killed it, and then closed the door again, didn't they?
  • Tryhard 10 May 2012 11:55:53 3,976 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Slint1000 wrote:

Plus I finally got my girlfriend to play it with me for about four hours which made it extra fun. I have never heard anyone scream as loudly as when a Creeper exploded her to death without her ever seeing him.

I was a little worried the police might be on their way to find out who I'd murdered mind!
    That has happened to me twice now.The first time it felt like my spine shot towards the moon.The thing is I saw the creeper off on the horizon,
    so thought I'd get the fence finished.Little did I know there was another one closer that sent me to hell,and the corner of the front of the house to.

These suckers just jump you so fast.

I opened up a hole in the wall of my house to take a look out and a skeleton started firing arrows in from the otherside.Glass windows soon became a priority for the house.
  • neilqpr 10 May 2012 12:01:31 2,851 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    Oh yes!

I think we had the beds stacked too close together in neil's miniature castle, so we kept getting attacked by things in the middle of the night.

Springing out of bed, and murdering the zombies, had us all a-jitter, so we went to the door to find a cow, mooing and looking like it was trying to get in.

I think somebody opened the door, killed it, and then closed the door again, didn't they?
    Yup, I gave that cow two thrusts of my mighty sword and then went back to bed.

I'm a hero me.
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 12:04:17 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    glo wrote:
    Enjoyed playing the demo last night but thought I would sleep on it before spending my precious points...

After reading the tales in this thread this morning I have already purchased the full game using the xbox website.

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAPPY NOW
    I found the co-op really pleasant. Apart from the mild annoyance of the host having to be present, it does work really well, and it was such a nice change of pace from shooting people in the face. Sure, you can still beat your co-op buddies to death with flowers, and steal all their stuff, but luckily I don't know too many people who are quite that evil.
  • Slint1000 10 May 2012 12:04:43 3,078 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Creepers aren't so bad if you have the volume up at all since you can hear their hissing just before they explode so giving you a chance to run away, but I couldn't find my TV remote so it tended to be a case of BANG you're dead :(

Btw if you are playing with people online do the other players show up on your map? They certainly do when you split-screen which is pretty damn handy.
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 12:06:53 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Slint1000 wrote:
    Creepers aren't so bad if you have the volume up at all since you can hear their hissing just before they explode so giving you a chance to run away, but I couldn't find my TV remote so it tended to be a case of BANG you're dead :(

Btw if you are playing with people online do the other players show up on your map? They certainly do when you split-screen which is pretty damn handy.
    Yes, they show up on the map, and it is a good job too, as neil sailed off in his boat and got lost, without taking a map with him, so I had to look at my map and direct him back to party central.

Edited by agparrot at 12:07:09 10-05-2012
  • Slint1000 10 May 2012 12:13:02 3,078 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Slint1000 wrote:

Yes, they show up on the map, and it is a good job too, as neil sailed off in his boat and got lost, without taking a map with him, so I had to look at my map and direct him back to party central.
    Ah that's great news; it's a really handy feature that I don't think is in the PC/Mac version.

Even though I love the extra stuff in that one; the ease of multiplayer really adds something to the XBL edition. It's a shame the world you play in is infinitely smaller, but being able to split-screen and (I assume) join friends games without hassle is so much better.

I'm going to have to start wandering into other people's worlds to see what's going on and try not to burn too many forests down.

/loves the flint and tinder
  • Benno 10 May 2012 12:22:51 9,900 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We should get an Xbox live gamertag exchange up!

Add me: Craig_Benno

Feel free to visit my world :) - I cannot guarantee safety though
  • Zizoo 10 May 2012 12:27:25 8,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Damn. I want this. Seems to be worth the 1600 points!
  • Deleted user 10 May 2012 12:34:07
    I seem to be living a very Hobbit-like existence thus far. Ball to these fancy house-things, underground hovels are where it's at :)
  • Slint1000 10 May 2012 12:41:46 3,078 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    I seem to be living a very Hobbit-like existence thus far. Ball to these fancy house-things, underground hovels are where it's at :)
    Yeah worry about making a house when you've got yourself some shiny shiny diamonds. That's where it's at!
  • sideeye 10 May 2012 13:03:21 36 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else coming across a freezing bug in this when you go into the crafting menu? I'm losing hours of play where I forget to save.

It's spoiling my enjoyment big time.
  • andytheadequate 10 May 2012 13:31:44 8,179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This game is amazing. But does the auto save actually do anything?
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 May 2012 13:33:40 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sideeye wrote:
    Anyone else coming across a freezing bug in this when you go into the crafting menu? I'm losing hours of play where I forget to save.

It's spoiling my enjoyment big time.
    You're not alone, others were talking about this in the XBLA thread.
    Best way to fix the problem would be to delete it then re-download.
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 13:36:51 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    This game is amazing. But does the auto save actually do anything?
    This is an interesting question. Presumably those people that suffer from crashes have found that it does not do anything?

I never use the X-button crafting menu, I always use a bench, so perhaps that is why I haven't chanced upon any crashes yet? I do use the inventory quite a lot.
  • neilqpr 10 May 2012 13:38:59 2,851 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The only crash I had yesterday was just after I had completed a manual save.
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 13:40:04 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had one crash when I manual saved, and then I attempted to join neil's world while my world was still running.
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 13:41:08 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I also built the most pointless lever ever.

I have a wooden door that can be opened by pressing the trigger on it, but now I have a lever next to the door, that can be used to open and close it. I suppose it means I don't have to touch where the cows and zombies have been trying to get in.
  • andytheadequate 10 May 2012 13:43:03 8,179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I hope everyone will continue to play this when I get Xbox live again in a few weeks. Can't wait to play co op
  • Fat_Pigeon 10 May 2012 14:08:37 9,812 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is a material I can make canals out of? The dirt and most of the stone and sand blocks seem to lead to the water sort of trickling away, and even glass didn't seem to hold the water at a level.

Do I just have to dig deeper trenches between my bodies of water?
    a water block only "runs" 7 blocks so even if you did dig a channel from the sea to you moat it would only go 7 blocks until it stopped.

The best way I found to fill a moat is get a infinite water supply (2x2 and 1 block deep and put a bucket of water opposite corners) dig out your moat but only 1 block deep keep bucketing water in different places until its still. And then dig it out to its full depth.

Edited by Fat_Pigeon at 14:13:09 10-05-2012
  • spindle9988 10 May 2012 14:12:28 3,590 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You bastards. I was going to wait until ive finished the stack of games I have left before purchasing, after reading this thread however I am getting this today
  • Deleted user 10 May 2012 14:14:34
    Oh. God. It's so addictive. Was trying to resist buying this as I played it to death last year, but it's still so good.
  • Page

of 69 First / Last