|Fixed it because I'm nice like that.|
Minecraft XBLA • Page 68
Pageof 69 First / Last
MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 46,316 posts
Seen 3 hours ago
Registered 14 years ago
The pictures still don't embed though, it's just links. Oh well.
AceGrace 2,741 posts
Seen 1 day ago
Registered 7 years ago
I've got the retail boxed version. A couple of questions:
1) There is no option to install it to the hard disk. Is this correct?
2) I don't get any multiplayer options despite having XBL Gold. Is this because you can only play with people on your friends list. I have no friends!
3) Can you download other peoples levels on the 360 version?
1) no idea.
2) Why did you buy the disc version if you have online? Anyway, yes you need to have friends, for pedoterror reasons.
3)There's no officially supported map sharing (and no firm commitment to making one) but people have been sharing maps via PC using a third party program to edit the save files so a new person can become the recognized owner of the map. Doing this is against Microsoft's terms of service, but there has never been a single reported incident (in over a year of the game being out) to suggest they are (or even could) police it. Essentially it is just people dealing with a feature that Microsoft should have included at launch, so I don't think Microsoft will ever police it.
Interestingly, Disney Infinity has a map sharing feature but it is heavily moderated.
Lack of map/save file sharing is a major pain. Mrs Hermit has to sign in as me to play our joint game. It will be interesting to see how Xbone handles it when she tries to sign in as me and the kinect tells her to piss off.
@Kryon Using player 2's controller change the settings for controller sensitivity and the hud settings are under display options.
First seed I've found with all biomes is
S.J.Rogers 3,595 posts
Seen 4 months ago
Registered 11 years ago
I notices that the Textures are not out..?
andyc1980 1,620 posts
Seen 9 hours ago
Registered 9 years ago
@ubergine found the stronghold on that seed today. Purely by accident when mining. Hence I dont have the co ords yet. I will post them later on tonight or tomorrow morning
Here's another seed with all biomes:
Title Update 13 is in certification. It's pretty extensive bug fix judging by the notes.
- Fix to generate Experience Orbs when breeding animals.
- Fix for Zombie AI when in a house with the door closed.
- Fix for Ocelot and Chicken AI problem causing heads to spin around.
- Fix for Ocelot tooltips not properly showing the actions available.
- Added sounds for hitting Ocelots.
- Fix for graphical glitch with Fences.
- Fix for graphical issue with upside down Pistons.
- Fixed water in a Cauldron to be still, not flowing.
- Fixed world generation problems with some seeds (e.g 'journey').
- Added message saying you can't spawn enemies in Peaceful mode.
- Raw Fish is no longer removed from the player's inventory when trying to tame an Ocelot in Creative mode.
- Water will no longer be removed from a Water Bucket when filling a Cauldron in Creative Mode.
- Fix for missing text in the message when a player is killed by an Iron Golem.
- Fix for player shadow being displayed in the Inventory menu.
- Fixed some lighting issues.
- Fixed an issue with light and fire remaining after a lightning strike.
- Made Jungle Wood Stairs flammable.
- Fixed Silk Touch not working on Glass Blocks.
- Fix for underwater filter when camera collides with blocks.
- Added an option to hide a Mash-up Pack Themed World in the saves list, and an option to unhide all in the Settings menu.
- Increased Minecart speed to double the normal speed.
- Fixed some Redstone Lamp issues.
- Chests won't open now if a Cat is sitting on them.
- Added a limit to the number of Villagers spawned by breeding.
- Added the hearts display when Villagers enter 'Love Mode'.
- Fixed a problem with the rain sound not playing in some biomes.
- Fix for re-appearing ores, lava and water after mining, if they are within five blocks from the world edge.
- Fixed spawn positions in a saved Mash-up Pack world.
- Fixed issue with a map placed in an item frame revealing the position of all players despite 'In-Game Gamertags' having been disabled.
- Minecraft Store now displays the prices in the local currency, rather than Microsoft Points.
CrispyLog 115 posts
Seen 4 days ago
Registered 10 years ago
Doubled the Minecart speed? It was too fast anyway! I'd spend ages crafting secret doors so it looks like you're going into a wall only to trigger a pressure plate to quickly move the wall away, but the carts went too fast you couldn't even tell. And now it's faster?!?
The carts were slowed to a crawl in TU12.
Title Update 13 is out. Apparently a new texture pack will follow shortly.
The map height was increased in the previous patch.
Plastic texture pack is out. Don't think I'll be getting it, looks shite in my opinion.
Their trial system is good. Just remember, if you are the host, you can't save the game unless you own the texture pack you selected when loading the game. I've been playing on someone else's map with the Mass Effect one. I only have the trial of it though.
I think that plastic one looks alright, myself. Similar to the game's artwork.
I like some of the textures in it but overall it gave me a headache. Nether Portals in particular look cool.
To my understanding there will be new packs quite regularly for the coming months or weeks, I think they tweeted another will be shown next week, so maybe they intend to release one every fortnight?
.[link=https://twitter.com/stampylongnose">@stampylongnose We're working on ways to move Xbox 360 saves to Xbox One with Microsoft. Can't say it'll be there until it's 100% working.— 4J Studios (@4JStudios)
StixxUK 7,754 posts
Seen 4 hours ago
Registered 15 years ago
I've only played the Xbox version of this, but have been wondering - how does it compare to the PC version?
It is a barren and backwards husk of the PC version, but with arguable better controller support. The PC version is so far ahead of the 360 version though it isn't funny, and now they have 4J Studios doing the PS3, PS4, Vita and Xbox One Editions in addition to 360, the rate of title updates seems likely to crawl from now on. They've already said no more updates to the 360 version before all the other ones are out.
However, one advantage I guess is that you can commit to a map without worrying that an update will make you want to start over, will be many months I expect.
Baihu1983 7,724 posts
Seen 47 minutes ago
Registered 5 years ago
TU14 is some ways into development. They tweeted two pics the other day which confirmed a whole bunch of features, also said it's based off PC1.3x with some features brought forward. Off top of my head:
desert and jungle temples
villager trading and specialisation
carrot on a stick
I think there's a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting too.
SomaticSense 14,489 posts
Seen 1 hour ago
Registered 11 years ago
80mb update today.
It immediately corrupted my DLC apparently, according to the prompt I got when loading the game up. I'm now too scared to load my world, as it's clearly broken the game somehow :/
Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.