Minecraft XBLA Page 55

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• ubergine 26 Sep 2012 12:49:59 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake if I'm in your game again and you come find me, we can swap maps, and mine will add to yours and vice versa.

I'd come to you but you play in secret mode or something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• AcidSnake 26 Sep 2012 13:35:27 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I stay off the maps...Mostly because I like to keep my latest projects hidden until they're done but as Andy and I discussed yesterday we've got so much stuff now in our world that I can make a direct rail line to my latest megaproject and no-one would use it probably...

I'll come towards you with a map then, though last time I came to see how you were doing I saw you were deep underground and I had no idea how to reach you...

@CrimsonSoul:
    Yeah, the clay we did cheat on, but like Andy said we were on the very first version of Minecraft so by pure luck I had found a single solitary block of clay which we then duplicated (only two weeks ago really as we didn't know how to)...It's basically to give us bricks, but not more than would normally appear on a non-glitched map and we don't intend on using it for anything else...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• ubergine 26 Sep 2012 14:56:39 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake I think I'm roughly 60-120 seconds from where I'm basing myself so if you come that way again, just message me that you're coming and I'll be there, stick another bed somewhere.

• andytheadequate 26 Sep 2012 15:04:39 8,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think we should make a tourist attraction of the mysterious haunted bedroom. It's a small room with about 20 torches on it, no double doors, and in a complete secure building. I've tried removing windows but to no avail, every time you try and sleep there a million enemies spawn and attack you.
  • AcidSnake 26 Sep 2012 15:08:52 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, not every time...But usually when you're low on health...

@ubergine:
    Will do...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• 4gate 26 Sep 2012 15:25:00 362 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Is the door when closed in line with the wall of the room, or the wall outside? If the latter, try removing it and then placing it on the inside-the-room edge of the block it sits on, might solve the spawns, did for me in similar circumstances. Only if you want to fix it, obv.

Edited by 4gate at 15:25:28 26-09-2012
  • AcidSnake 26 Sep 2012 15:31:26 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Errr...I think one door is in line with the room and the other with the adjacent room?I'll try moving it then, thanks for the advice!

• ubergine 26 Sep 2012 15:53:12 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's pretty temperamental sometimes with its haunted rooms. I had one where I had to remove glass from above the door. The double doors is the worst loss though, the captain's cabin on my ship is rubbish without the double doors. Although the whole ship is pretty rubbish in fairness but I did like that cabin, before I slept in it.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 26 Sep 2012 21:08:25 2,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "So it's just the one, right? The others are contained?"
    "Yes...unless they learned how to open doors...."

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Mr-Brett 28 Sep 2012 00:05:49 12,759 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For the first time in ages I hopped into Acidworld this evening.

It was interesting to see what had changed. When I last logged off I'd just finished helping Acid set out the design for the library, when I logged in I spawned next to a finished building. There were a few subtle changes I noticed and some rather bigger ones (like a stadium).

I stubbled into Acid in the storage/warehouse/school/thing and saw that it's now got a large tree farm and an impressive cobblestone generator. I then remembered what I wanted to build so I wondered off to gather materials, I ended up in the top right snowy area as it was getting dark. While I was looking for shelter a creeper took a chunk out of ubergine's ice house so I've tried to repair that but it's not easy when you have to wait for it to freeze. So sorry about that ubergine, I will fix it though :)

Portable view - Never forget.

• AcidSnake 28 Sep 2012 09:03:42 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had the same happen to me just moments before we found each other in the hall...I walked into Andy's school and came face to face with a creeper...
    Not sure what's going on there, had a zombie in it the day prior...It's well lit and never spawned enemies before?

Anyway, fixed the damage, but when I put the paintings back up it gave me two huge and disturbing paintings instead of the small more stylish ones from before...

I've continued work on the railway to the megaproject and have found something interesting...
    At first I found a small cobblestone chamber with sand in it on the surface...Convinced that cobblestone does not generate when the seed is built I thought nothing of it and used that as a waypoint for the railway...On coming back I stumbled on a spawner and two chests...Seems we had one of those fabled collapsed dungeons in our seed as well...And as soon as I removed the sand a bit moss stone appeared as expected...

Not sure if you'd found that one yet, ubergine...It's located due south of the pyramid...

Also Brett, let me know if I can help patch up the ice castle or something...I still need to fix your tower near the farm...

• ubergine 28 Sep 2012 09:45:44 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't know where that is in your world. All the coordinates I listed are taken from standing on top of the mob spawner. even if you had the rough x and z cords I could look it up.

• AcidSnake 28 Sep 2012 09:57:34 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Errr...Not sure about the coords at all...It's slightly below the center of the map I'd say...
    Anyway, it's hard to miss, it's exposed to the air...You'd remember this one...

• ubergine 28 Sep 2012 15:31:03 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh right, then I guess I have missed than one!

• ubergine 30 Sep 2012 17:26:50 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    4J have tweeted that they expect to get the update into certification this week sometime, so we can reasonably expect it mid-October.

@Mr-Brett Not a problem, I expect this thing to be pretty fragile, though I do ask folk to be extra careful regarding creepers from now on! Breaking a single block at the bottom of the structure can be time consuming to repair. I'll just explain a bit as it's complicated.

Ice will ONLY form from water source blocks that are exposed to the sky, without interruption. The water blocks in the following pic will NEVER freeze:

To get them to ice again you have to remove all the blocks above them, including the ice!

From there, it's just a matter of rebuilding that section of wall as normal, one later at a time.

The only part that's really time consuming is, as Mr Brett noted, waiting for the water to freeze, but that's easy too, you just have a second task going on concurrently.

And there we are! Good as new! although, if it happens again, SOMEONE will be sent to the PainMansion!

(note, painmansion not actually in acid's world.)

• CrimsonSoul 30 Sep 2012 23:07:25 23 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wondered about the conditions for water freezing. I think I might try this on one of my worlds.
  • ubergine 30 Sep 2012 23:48:37 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only other advice I'd give is to do some experimenting with light placement in a simple structure - or make sure you save before placing any! I found that the burning netherrack had to be one block further away than just a torch, haven't tried glowstone or jack-o-lanterns. Putting glass in the way didn't prevent the heat transfer like I expected, I have to try it with lava sometime (I found a while back that a glass wall meant I could run wooden railbed through a lava tunnel.

• AcidSnake 1 Oct 2012 08:34:55 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Glass does stop heat transfer as I've found out in the central station...

I'm glad to announce the railway to the megaproject is now complete and working...It's still bring your own cart for the time being...

Also made a nicer staircase down to the valley and Andy's new house for the recently spawned...

@ubergine:
    Sorry I had to jump off just when you joined but it was getting far too late for me...

• ubergine 1 Oct 2012 09:49:39 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Glass doesn't seem to stop it the same way between ice as it does with wood.

The time zone thing is quite inconvenient, it's either 2-4am where I am or 2-4am where you are! Or whatever it is

• Mr-Brett 1 Oct 2012 10:11:06 12,759 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, sorry you had to fix the ice house, I would have done it eventually! even if I was doing it wrong...

Also I'm quite glad that the PainMansion isn't in Acid World :)

• AcidSnake 1 Oct 2012 10:27:34 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ...not yet... :)

• andytheadequate 1 Oct 2012 10:36:04 8,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Me and acid have levelled out a huge area. We haven't started building yet but we could make a pain mansion especially for you, Brett.

:D
  • Mr-Brett 1 Oct 2012 10:39:07 12,759 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see, you're all turning against me! well fine, if that's how it is I'm going to go off and build secret bunker covered with traps. You'll never get me!

/starts working on operation TNT

• AcidSnake 1 Oct 2012 10:42:45 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yeah, anyone know who the guy was that joined us yesterday? I don't remember his name... Start and ended with a capital i...

Only joined briefly and later found some things smashed near the guest house... Not pointing fingers, just noticed it...
    One glass block in the floor, one fence bit and a tunnel straight down to the substation leading to the desert...

Also it looks like someone ran into a creeper at the base of the bungee jump...

• ubergine 1 Oct 2012 13:54:24 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Actually, yeah, that guy came from my friends list. I've never seen him playing ever before and I was looking at him on the map to try and see what he was doing. Standing still mostly.

I think I played a different game with him years ago and he didn't seem like the griefer type. I'm guessing it was more like. "Oh! New game! Let's see what people are doing! Oh! look! (Smash) Wait what is (break) how do I - CANNOT PUT BACK - this is - WHERE AM dig! dig! Hooray! nighttime! pretty! OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK JUST JESUS BUT HEART ATTACK BOMB BOOGER OR SOMETHING I'd better just leave and hope no one notices -

(EDIT*** I just snuck a look at his achievements and yeah, he hasn't got the one for making a stone pickaxe yet. A clear-cut case of noob, Watson.)

I'll send him a message and see if I can't train him up or something. Hey, if I find actual players in Australia I won't need you guys and your hemispherical time-hoopla no more.

Also I found the sand-sunken dungeon finally, great find! I doubt I'd have stumbled on that by accident for a million years, given it took me several sweeps to find it deliberately! I also have another one - will post cords later - which brings the dungeon count to 18 now.

Edited by ubergine at 14:03:12 01-10-2012

• AcidSnake 1 Oct 2012 14:24:59 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ubergine:
    Not sure it was done by that player or even maliciously though...

So that's it then? As soon as you find someone to play with nearby you'll dump us?!... :)

• ubergine 1 Oct 2012 15:01:44 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake

No, I'm saying he wouldn't have been malicious, just had no idea what he was doing and probably shouldn't have just bumbled into someone's game at 1am without even doing the tutorial or checking to see if it was cool with people.

On that subject though, there's a screenshot of great interest in this thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1504315-extras-with-18/

I'm intending to finish my ice-thing at least (everyone gets one decent building out of me) but in fairness, my window for playing with you is between 2-8 am roughly. These are the times you question what the hell you are doing.

Edited by ubergine at 15:04:42 01-10-2012

• AcidSnake 1 Oct 2012 15:07:52 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's player vs player?

That trust thing is a nice idea...

We'll be sad to see you leave but it's understandable given the time difference...

• ubergine 1 Oct 2012 15:35:50 2,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm guessing the the pvp option makes the player's gamertag invisible. You know how you can find each other through stone by digging towards their name? That. It's been the subject of much demand on the official forum.

You could concievably make a death match arena or maze.

• AcidSnake 1 Oct 2012 16:06:41 7,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd never thought of that...

Until now...

I shall build a temple reaching to the skies filled with devious traps! A myriad of deadly contraptions to catch even the best adventurer off guard!

/dies whilst placing the first bucket of lava

• Page

of 69 First / Last