FIFA 13 Page 29

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Zomoniac 9 Oct 2012 11:09:08 7,831 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Loving the "DNF no higher than mine" option. Did my first two seasons games this morning, both great tight affairs. First one Leeds 0-1 LA Galaxy, each had 9 shots with 3 on target, 50% possession, couldn't have been more even if we'd tried. Second game Leeds 2-1 Stoke, took an early lead, then was under pressure for most of the game despite him getting a first half sending off, conceded, then got a winner on the break in the 89th minute completely against the run of play. Was beautiful. And he didn't quit, for a nice change.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 11:29:33
    LOVING FUT!!!!! :)

Promotion to Div 3 offline seasons. Just beat team of the week 1-0 on world class.

I urge everyone to set the through ball to manual, the freedom it's gives is fantastic. Feels really natural now. I'm tempted to change the others to but I'm enjoying it so much I daren't haha :)

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 11:34:12 09-10-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Oct 2012 11:39:15 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I need to try this FUT from what I have read in here and see what it is all about. The only thing I know about it at the moment is that UT stands for Ultimate Team.
  • binky Moderator 9 Oct 2012 11:41:12 9,633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's certainly the mode I'll be playing in single player from now on. Definitely FIFA's answer to PES's Master League.

Edited by binky at 11:41:20 09-10-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Oct 2012 11:42:51 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really! I shall be going straight to that tonight then.
  • binky Moderator 9 Oct 2012 11:48:57 9,633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @L_Franko I'm scared I'm over selling it now! But it certainly has that same hook that ML has of creating a team from scraps and developing it every time you log in.

There's a wealth of options from offline season and tournament games, online versions of both, as well as play a friends club online OR (and I discovered this last night) play a friend's team OFFline, which is very cool. Basically their team is uploaded to the server and you'll play a computer controlled version of their man made squad.

I've been sitting at work this week building and managing my team (split into 3 squads of Bronze, Silver and Gold) via the FIFA Website It's bloody addictive in the same way ML was.
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Oct 2012 11:51:56 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @binky

That sounds all good to me, I do enjoy the idea of a ML type league where I can build up a team. Cheers for the info.

Really want to go home and check it out now.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 11:59:56
    Really like the layout of UT this year too.

Lots of little challenges, manager tasks

Opening a gold pack with the hope you pull out a superstar takes me back to my Panini sticker albums from my youth :)

Selling/Buying players is a game in itself.

Was going to pick PES up this year too but it's on hold for now.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 12:01:29
    L_Franko wrote:
    @binky

That sounds all good to me, I do enjoy the idea of a ML type league where I can build up a team. Cheers for the info.

Really want to go home and check it out now.
    Buying an selling players/items etc... All from your iPhone too :) If you have one of course.
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Oct 2012 12:02:57 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there an Android app?
  • binky Moderator 9 Oct 2012 12:05:48 9,633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @L_Franko On its way apparently. Not yet though.
  • binky Moderator 9 Oct 2012 12:06:15 9,633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow It's really got me addicted to it.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 12:16:17
    @binky me too :)

I think the gameplay is definitely improved this year too, playing against the AI is actually enjoyable for me in Fifa 13, I like the way in offline seasons (UT) it has different skill levels throughout your season. You can defo feel the difference. I've been having some right ding dong battles in Div 4.
    Think I'm coming to terms with not pressuring the ball all the time, trying to cut out passes and time my tackles.

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 12:17:21 09-10-2012
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 12:18:25
    @L_Franko I'm sure someone posted a few pages back a go around for it. I'll see if I can find it
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 12:20:48
    @L_Franko

wayneh wrote:
    @Emth You don't need an app on android, just get dolphin browser and flash player, set the browser to desktop instead of mobile and voila you have access to the full FUT webapp
    Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 12:21:37 09-10-2012
  • binky Moderator 9 Oct 2012 12:22:19 9,633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow Yup, me too. It has taken me a long while to get the hang of the new defending but I'm finally there.

Been playing a lot of Pro Club Seasons online with 2 friends as well. Also very very good.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 12:24:03
    @binky is Pro clubs, where you control one player? 11 v 11...
  • Dougs 9 Oct 2012 12:26:16 67,739 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's all of these things where FIFA kicks PES' arse and shows it up. People want and expect more than just ML. Mind you, dread to think what some of the menus might be if Konami had a crack at something like this.

PES 2013 owner btw. I'll get FIFA down the line.
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Oct 2012 12:36:52 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    @L_Franko

wayneh wrote:
    @Emth You don't need an app on android, just get dolphin browser and flash player, set the browser to desktop instead of mobile and voila you have access to the full FUT webapp
    Ah cool, cheers for that I'll give it a go later on.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 12:38:15
    @Dougs

I went back and had a go of the PES demo this morning, I still enjoyed it, I was expecting not too but I did :)
    Think it plays differently enough to definitely warrant a purchase sometime.

It's nice to have a choice this year, maybe this is the reason I'm enjoying fifa so much. I know i don't have to like it if I don't want too. Makes sense to me anyway haha ;)
  • anon_ 9 Oct 2012 14:07:09 211 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I take it back. Starting to click for me now. This is a sublime game of football.

It's still a little too fast in its movement and animations for my liking, and I'd like to see EA patch it down a touch, but I've kinda gotten used to it now, revealing FIFA 13 to otherwise be the most responsive, emergent and tactile football game yet.

The shooting is punchier and more satisfying.

I like the way the AI closes down passing channels, forcing you to pick your passes, rather than lazily hammering A.

AI runs add greater variety to your attacking play.

First touch creates a wonderfully controlled chaos that makes you consider physics and momentum.

Barring the slightly too-fast pace, and perhaps the increased emphasis on attack, it's simply a better all-round game than FIFA 12, and I prefer it to the more staid and static PES 13.

Edited by anon_ at 14:10:14 09-10-2012
  • Zizoo 9 Oct 2012 14:09:14 8,378 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @anon_

Stick it on slow for now until there's a patch. Much better imo.
  • binky Moderator 9 Oct 2012 14:10:21 9,633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow yup
  • anon_ 9 Oct 2012 14:10:55 211 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't think you can do that online?
  • Zizoo 9 Oct 2012 14:24:12 8,378 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh yeah, sorry. Don't think you can.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 14:47:27
    Suffered an opening game loss in Div 3 offline seasons, underestimated my opponents by fielding my second 11. Got done by a bullet header from a corner in the 90 min! First loss - world class
    Came back fighting in the my second game for a hard fought 1-0 win on legendary. Could of went either way tbh and I could really feel the screw turning as the AI went for broke, I was diving in all over the place!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Oct 2012 14:52:16 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Been getting raped by some really good players as the division 1 fraternity buy the game and rise through the ranks.

Really like the game though; it does feel similar to 12 though.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 15:00:45
    I think it is similar to 12 but just plays a miles better game of football IMO.
    It feels more fluid and natural. I know I've read on these forums people aren't happy but I honestly haven't heard a bad word said about it through the people I know who have it.
    Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Edit: stupid predictive txt!!

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 15:05:34 09-10-2012
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Oct 2012 15:02:49 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah; agree. I think it's the loud minority that don't like it tbh. Everybody that likes it have no reason to say anything.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last