FIFA 13 Page 24

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• anon_ 1 Oct 2012 15:01:35 211 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Fifa 12 really was my favourite ever football game, I loved the build up and dominating midfield was really important.
    Yup. It was the business. Still is.
  • anon_ 1 Oct 2012 15:02:46 211 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @anon_

Oh, well that's different then. You will need EA to patch it for online I guess. Hopefully it will be done asap and you can return to Fifa 13 :)
    I'm holding on to my copy for now in that very hope! We'll see.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 15:06:39
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Is there a way to make Alan McAnally shut the fuck up? It's a nice touch but gets very annoying after about 20 seconds.
    Haha the first time this came on I was like... Nice touch, now it's like Alan STFU!! And how come Sigurdson is the only spurs player to ever score!!!!

Bye Alan
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 15:21:20
    Not heard Alan yet, but I took someone out with a reducer early doors and the commentary cut to Geoff Shreeves to get the latest on the players injury.
  • Ziz0u 1 Oct 2012 17:12:24 8,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ilovechips

I just tried full manual controls in a practice match in the arena, and it went pretty well. Passing and through balls were actually really easy to pull off, but shooting and crossing I struggled with. I could definitely see the advantages with getting getting shots in at any angle, but I sent shots extremely wide when through one on one with the keeper.
  • Peew971 1 Oct 2012 17:57:14 5,325 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow the opposing AI on World Class is just insane. It's like you're playing a team of Neo from the Matrix who always now exactly when and where they should pass, tackle or shoot. That's not at all realistic especially when these teams are at the bottom of their league.

XBL: Shadow Thi3f

• Deleted user 1 October 2012 19:53:29
    Does anyone know if you set the camera to custom and fiddle with the sliders that its stay this way in all stadiums.
    Really prefer the angel/distance from the demo (etihad). Not keen on some from the other stadiums.

Edit: not at my console.

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 20:04:58 01-10-2012
  • Ziz0u 1 Oct 2012 23:51:40 8,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ilovechips

Thanks. It's going pretty well. Especially manual through pass :)
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 23:54:03
    @Ilovechips

Cheers, I booted up the demo to have a look what the default settings where then changed them to that in the full game. Perfect!
  • lovely2cu 2 Oct 2012 00:01:40 1,194 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    anon_ wrote:
    I'm going back to FIFA 12.

I simply prefer its more sedate rhythmn and tempo, and its sense of weight and momentum, to 13. It feels more like Real Football to me.

It lets me play more measured games of midfield control and patient, build-up passing. But, with the right players, and with good timing, I can also inject searing pace into my game, when the opportunity for a break arises.

FIFA 13 only has one gear - kid on a sugar rush. It's less tactical and tug-of-war than 12, more mindless. And less satisfying to play as a result. And it even falls down in terms of FIFA's fabled animations - the transitions in player movement are too quick.

This is the first FIFA this gen that I honestly don't think is a clear improvement on its predecessor. Because while the improved physics and AI are welcome, the nuance of the game, as played on the pitch, has suffered in my opinion.

I thought about giving PES 13 a go, but I just can't get past its robotic and floaty physics and animations. It's like some weird combination of playing through treacle, on the moon.

FIFA 12 it is then.
    anon_ wrote:
    Just to add a little more (sorry!), 13 also feels too open. In 12, I feel you have to work your openings a lot more. I think it's because, in addition to the increased speed, the close control and dribbling controls in 13 have been made a little too powerful. In 12, online against opponents who know how to use tactical defending, it seems to me you need to do more to plot holes in their back line and create chances.
    I'm enjoying Fifa 13, but I can understand where you're coming from. Last year, the reviews were all about tactical defending and how chess-like Fifa 12 was. This year, the common descriptors are MOTD and the highlights reel.
  • Ziz0u 2 Oct 2012 00:02:03 8,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For those of you playing Career Mode, I have come across a really shit bug.

At the end of the season I got an email informing me of players about to go out of contract as per usual. So I went to the contracts screen and offered the players in question new deals.

Here's where things go pear shaped... some of the players who accepted the new contract had "-1 year remaining" (yes - negative amount of years). I tried offering them new contracts again but was told they had already signed up. So I advanced the game. Sure enough, all of the bugged players left as free agents! 5 of em gone. I can't resign them as you can't sign players who have just left. So now I have to wait till the next transfer window to see if I can get them back.

I was going to start my Career over, but I managed to snag 5 other free agents (easy enough to do) to fill the gap (better players in fact), but it's still really ridiculous to have lost them as most of them were really young, decent prospects.

Luckily it is avoidable by making sure your players always have at least 2 years left on their contracts. Not ideal, but hopefully it will be fixed one day.
  • Lyserberg 2 Oct 2012 00:07:55 349 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ZizouFC EA never learned from their mistakes, their games are always buggy and so glitchy at launch, even if there's a patch there's a big chance you'll have to restart your career to avoid further bugs or even having this bug again...

Still didn't play FIFA 13 yet, i'm in love with PES 2013 + there's too much to buy this year, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Resident Evil 6 and even some blockbusters i couldn't buy yet like Max Payne 3, Saints Row The Third and much more... it's quite tuff, i have to figure out a way to have them all with a good price as fast as possible !

Edited by Lyserberg at 00:10:32 02-10-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Lyserberg 2 Oct 2012 07:32:33 349 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Ilovechips I don't have that much to say about your reply except that you basically didn't experience any of the issues i've had, i have played FIFA since 10 on different platforms and i always encounter bugs, sometimes terribly annoying and extremely frustrating, loved it when i smashed Man Utd with Chelsea 3-0, and my reputation goes down as hell like if i lost 20-0 against them...
    Stuff like this can be avoided if they pay more attention to their code, not to mention the impact engine which makes me laugh everytime 3-4 players are in the same spot...

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• THFourteen 2 Oct 2012 07:35:19 34,463 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    had another go on this last night, and turned the game speed down to "slow".

If anything it was faster! i wonder if its my PC or something, but its ridiculous, i really can't get on with it. Was playing as AFC Dons in my career game.

One thing that does amuse me though is playing as AFC Dons and seeing the Football Manager advertising on their shirts in every game.
  • Ziz0u 2 Oct 2012 07:44:41 8,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That doesn't sound right. Slow is definitely slower for me.
  • Fydria 2 Oct 2012 12:42:12 562 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not really enjoying this so far. I don't think I've had one online match that ran smoothly, so juttery and laggy, not sure if it's my opponents or a server issue.

The game speed will take some getting used to, can't say I'm a fan as it's just so anti to my play style. I normally like to try and get a feel of possession and work my way up the field. So far I find I just end up getting punished for trying to pass, so it's best to head forward and try for the hollywood ball all the time.

And same with FIFA as always you take the lead in a match and your opponent quits the majority of the time, I know you get the win but I like to win in 90 mins, always more satisfying.

The challenges during loading screens is a nice though :D
  • Deleted user 2 October 2012 12:45:55
    I haven't had one person quit out on me yet. I even went 5-0 up in the first half and he stuck around. Had good game messages pretty much after every game too.
  • Zomoniac 2 Oct 2012 12:47:24 7,978 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @Ilovechips

I just tried full manual controls in a practice match in the arena, and it went pretty well. Passing and through balls were actually really easy to pull off, but shooting and crossing I struggled with. I could definitely see the advantages with getting getting shots in at any angle, but I sent shots extremely wide when through one on one with the keeper.
    I play on semi for passing and shooting, manual on everything else. Having crossing on anything but manual just feels so wrong, it's very limiting, if you see someone running in on the far wing and want to land it in front of his run it's nigh on impossible on assisted. Shooting on semi I can't do though, if you get a cross a yard out it might be recoverable, a shot a yard away from where you want is usually just embarrassing.
  • caligari 2 Oct 2012 12:48:18 17,193 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmmm - I've been playing with it for a couple of days now (I mean Fifa 13 you dirty birds), and I have to agree with those who are saying that it's a step backwards.

Online team games are pretty soulless goal-a-thons - it seems as though most shots from outside of the box end up flying in.

Players with flair/trickery are also much tougher to defend against - but that could just be something that I have to get to grips with. Players with Ronaldo-esque skills would usually have trouble beating a half-decent defender in a one-on-one in Fifa 12 - not the case in 13. I've seen players waltzing through the opposing team.

I'll stick with it, though - even though it does play more like a game of EA Hockey.

Edited by caligari at 12:49:42 02-10-2012
  • Zomoniac 2 Oct 2012 12:51:47 7,978 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Peew971 wrote:
    Wow the opposing AI on World Class is just insane. It's like you're playing a team of Neo from the Matrix who always now exactly when and where they should pass, tackle or shoot. That's not at all realistic especially when these teams are at the bottom of their league.
    I found the opposite. Played the first 5 games of my season on Professional, mostly finished 0-0, really struggled to break through the defence. Started a UT seasons mode where I don't get to set the difficulty, first game was Professional, drew 0-0, next three were World Class, won them 2-1, 3-2 and 3-1. To me Professional feels like the AI is playing for a 0-0, defending deep, staying tight, every time I break into the opposing third it's like hitting a brick wall. World Class seems far more fluid and open and willing to throw men forward, consequently I concede a few more but also score far more.
  • Fydria 2 Oct 2012 12:55:33 562 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    I haven't had one person quit out on me yet. I even went 5-0 up in the first half and he stuck around. Had good game messages pretty much after every game too.
    Guess I'm just unlucky. I just went 5-0 against somebody and they paused the game, next thing the pause screen has vanished and the camera is just circling around the pitch, can't do anything but turn off my console.
  • Ziz0u 2 Oct 2012 13:01:31 8,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @Ilovechips

I play on semi for passing and shooting, manual on everything else. Having crossing on anything but manual just feels so wrong, it's very limiting, if you see someone running in on the far wing and want to land it in front of his run it's nigh on impossible on assisted. Shooting on semi I can't do though, if you get a cross a yard out it might be recoverable, a shot a yard away from where you want is usually just embarrassing.
    I tried a few games on manual, and I decided to go back to semi shooting and passing as I still feel it gives me enough freedom (still very possible to send shots miles wide if you don't aim!) and manual feels a bit too sensitive. I love through ball on manual. I will stick with crossing on manual, although I was struggling with it. Lob passes I have on assisted, but I may change that.

Playing on Legendary is a real mix of players going all out, which is what most people have a problem with I think, and makes them question the pace, but then you get a couple of teams that are more measured with their approach. I am enjoying it. Especially with the speed set to slow until EA patch it.
  • teamHAM 2 Oct 2012 13:15:52 3,151 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tbh I've given up on this. No point me harping on about it because there are enough people going on about more than enough problems and bugs with the game both here and on the official EA forums. Really disappointed since I loved 12 and was just hoping they would tidy it up a bit for 13.

My last game before deciding enough is enough this happened:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137112923

inb4OMGAmateur: I don't play on amateur. Obviously yet another bug -.-

Also, GAME are doing a promotion for trade in for FIFA at the moment, £33 trade in if you trade before 14th October. Probably just PS3 and Xbox360 I'd imagine.

Edited by teamHAM at 13:21:50 02-10-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Ziz0u 2 Oct 2012 13:18:34 8,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The sad fact is that EA rush the game out and patch it as they go along. You just have to decide if you're willing to accept that or not.
  • andijames 2 Oct 2012 13:31:16 2,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    The sad fact is that EA rush the game out and patch it as they go along. You just have to decide if you're willing to accept that or not.
    Yeah but even last year FIFA 12 on release was like digital crack. This year's incarnation feels a bit soulless to me. I'm sticking with it hoping it's just me but i'm just not getting it. I had over 1000 games in Seasons on FIFA 12 i doubt i'll get that many on this years :(

vivir el momento

• Maturin 2 Oct 2012 13:31:44 3,225 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Installed the game on my modest i3 laptop yesterday. Didn't expect it to run very well as there isn't a separate GPU in the machine.

To my surprise it actually ran rather well on medium settings - looking better than the PS3/Xbox versions in the process.

Even more impressive - (warning praise for Origin coming up now) - it automaticlly synced with my profile made on my main gaming PC and I carried on my career seamlessly without having to do anything.

/impressed
  • Ziz0u 2 Oct 2012 13:37:57 8,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Yeah but even last year FIFA 12 on release was like digital crack. This year's incarnation feels a bit soulless to me. I'm sticking with it hoping it's just me but i'm just not getting it. I had over 1000 games in Seasons on FIFA 12 i doubt i'll get that many on this years :(
    I'm pretty addicted already, but I must say I want a patch much more desperately and earlier on compared to what I did with Fifa 12 which didn't have such apparent issues from the get-go.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last