• Page

of 40 First / Last

• uglygamer 11 Sep 2012 23:55:11 11,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    uglygamer wrote:
    shooter wrote:
    Anyone know what the little green and red arrows are over the players when ure picking your team ?
    Its the new matchday feature. Player stats will change depending on how each player performs during the season
    Most likely an added extra you'll have to pay for I reckon
    Its free :)

Explained in detail here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2XTWjsKe0

Edited by uglygamer at 23:56:02 11-09-2012
  • danathjo 12 Sep 2012 00:18:11 6,909 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmmm interesting
    /strokes chin

Surprised they're not charging as it sounds just like the live seasons, well will have to try it out for the first few games of my career mode until I pass the most current game then!

The relevant commentary sounds like quite a lot of work from their end.
  • shooter 12 Sep 2012 00:25:30 393 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    uglygamer wrote:
    danathjo wrote:
    uglygamer wrote:
    shooter wrote:
    Anyone know what the little green and red arrows are over the players when ure picking your team ?
    Its the new matchday feature. Player stats will change depending on how each player performs during the season
    Most likely an added extra you'll have to pay for I reckon
    Its free :)

Explained in detail here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2XTWjsKe0
    thats fuckn sweet, cheers for the info lads
  • monkeyspasm 12 Sep 2012 08:50:15 2,769 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd decided to skip Fifa this year as I still have loads to do in 12, but this demo has won me over.

My main gripe with FIFA last year was how hard it can be to vary the play, this seems much less 'scripted'.

The attacking play is excellent, it feels much more free and there's more scope to put moves together with your teammates making more intelligent runs. And I actually beat players with skill moves on Pro, found that impossible in 12. Playing the CPU felt almost like playing a human, the AI seems massively improved in general.

Tactical defending seems much better too - it's easier to win the ball just by running into the player, but is difficult enough to allow for attacking play. There's a much better balance I think.

It looks like they've really nailed it. Going off the few games I've had so far, best footy game yet. Really excited about his, day one purchase for me.

Edited by monkeyspasm at 08:52:06 12-09-2012
  • elephantjuice 12 Sep 2012 08:58:06 553 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    monkeyspasm wrote:
    Playing the CPU felt almost like playing a human, the AI seems massively improved in general.
    As somebody who predominantly plays single player, it greatly pleases me to hear this.
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Sep 2012 09:00:26 3,097 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got to say, i was impressed by the demo last night. MAJOR improvements that i noticed :

- MUCH better AI. Your players now make intelligent runs and opposition defenders dont part like the red sea any more.

- Physics greatly improved. The ball seemed to have more weight to it and moved more realistically.

- Impact Engine has come on leaps and bounds - no over-the-top collisions and stronger players can out-muscle weaker players.

All in all, not a major change from 12 but enough tweaks and improvements to make it worth buying. The only negative point is that the goalkeepers seem identical to 12 (same animations, etc).

Bottom line - very good job EA.

"Look at banner Michael!"

• Deleted user 12 September 2012 10:01:32
    elephantjuice wrote:
    monkeyspasm wrote:
    Playing the CPU felt almost like playing a human, the AI seems massively improved in general.
    As somebody who predominantly plays single player, it greatly pleases me to hear this.
    I could not stand playing against the CPU in Fifa 12, played 7 games last night on the new Demo and although i got beat every single time i loved every game i played.

Think your going to be over the moon. ;)

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 10:02:04 12-09-2012
  • Deleted user 12 September 2012 10:08:29
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Got to say, i was impressed by the demo last night. MAJOR improvements that i noticed :

- MUCH better AI. Your players now make intelligent runs and opposition defenders dont part like the red sea any more.

- Physics greatly improved. The ball seemed to have more weight to it and moved more realistically.

- Impact Engine has come on leaps and bounds - no over-the-top collisions and stronger players can out-muscle weaker players.

All in all, not a major change from 12 but enough tweaks and improvements to make it worth buying. The only negative point is that the goalkeepers seem identical to 12 (same animations, etc).

Bottom line - very good job EA.

Got to agree with this.

Although i felt the GK's had improved (maybe my shite finishing though)

Been away from fifa for a couple of month, so could just be that.

Very impressed - so far.
  • elephantjuice 12 Sep 2012 10:12:52 553 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow
    Going to be a long couple of weeks!
  • Deckard1 12 Sep 2012 10:13:38 25,406 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah had a few more games this morning before work and the difference the improved AI has made (on both sides) can't be overstated. The game just feels so much more alive. They've absolutely nailed it. I'm glad I got sick of Fifa 12, as there'd be no going back to it after playing this.

Called it

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 12 Sep 2012 10:23:17 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hope everybody is right about the AI, more depth to the game if career mode is half playable this year.
  • Deleted user 12 September 2012 10:41:11
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine

Feels more natural, CPU makes mistakes with first touches, passing aaaaaaannd i even got .......... wait for it.... FREEKICKS!
    Plus... The CPU does not read your every move and escape everyone of your challenges.

Hopefully this will remain in the full release

Well done EA - big thumbs up from me

Edit: world class difficulty

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 10:42:25 12-09-2012
  • Zomoniac 12 Sep 2012 10:45:11 7,402 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seems a lot harder. I've always played with semi-assisted passing which now seems far less assisted. Getting anything resembling a decent shot seems much harder, as does making any space. I do quite like how loose it feels though, I feel less in control but not in a bad way, just like more human error is given to players. Finding it very hard to score, the AI teams all seem to play with 6 in the box at all times. And I'm not finding the off the ball runs that everyone else is, which is the thing I was most excited for. Too often I've stood with the ball just standing waiting for some forward runs whilst my team mates stand and look blankly at me. I'm sure I'll adjust in time.
  • ryohazuki1983 12 Sep 2012 10:46:41 685 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How does the first touch control work? Sometimes When I passed the ball the player controlled it perfectly, other times he took a heavy touch and ended up loosing possession.

Played on 360 btw, if anybody cares to explain the controls :)
  • Zizoo 12 Sep 2012 10:47:55 7,704 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Any changes to tactical defending?
  • HarryPalmer 12 Sep 2012 10:48:29 2,630 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ryohazuki1983 - I believe its dependent on stats and situation, so theoretically first touch will be different each time, unless the player has good control.

Edited by HarryPalmer at 10:48:54 12-09-2012
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 12 Sep 2012 10:48:40 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine

Feels more natural, CPU makes mistakes with first touches, passing aaaaaaannd i even got .......... wait for it.... FREEKICKS!
    Plus... The CPU does not read your every move and escape everyone of your challenges.

Hopefully this will remain in the full release

Well done EA - big thumbs up from me

Edit: world class difficulty
    Sounds really good. The fact that it makes mistakes, 12 the defending was, as you say, perfect and annoying.
  • ryohazuki1983 12 Sep 2012 10:51:04 685 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @HarryPalmer Cheers, so threes no actual pressing off the button to affect the first touch, unless you get the player into a good position to receive the pass.

Not sure about the demo yet, but I always tend to say that about the Fifa demos then buy it anyway and play almost everyday until the next installment :)
  • Lyserberg 12 Sep 2012 11:35:18 349 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bbvDJC wrote:
    FIFA is so bloody hard with a keyboard and mouse! D:

It's good though.
    Don't agree, it's so easy with the mouse, shooting, pass and everything is more accurate...
    Although i'll play it the classic way, that is only keyboard ;-)

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Lyserberg 12 Sep 2012 11:40:47 349 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    And also, i've seen too many PPL having troubles installing the demo on the PC, there's talk about updating drivers, some mods...etc but none of this was necessary to make the demo works greatly for me.
    You should download it directly through Origin, downloads via other websites, and torrents could be a hassle to play with...
    About that, the PC game runs perfectly well, the mouse/keyboard feels so accurate, this could make for a very good matches online, so far i had no trouble running it, i wish they don't ruin the great perfomance by the time the game is out... ;-)

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• lovely2cu 12 Sep 2012 14:35:44 1,194 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jon Murphy must be beside himself. Arguably the strongest Pro Evo in years - then EA only go off and pull a massive trick like this!

The skill games are almost worth the price of admission alone, really show off the strength and versatility of the engine.
  • Zomoniac 12 Sep 2012 14:40:38 7,402 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's only happened to me once in about ten games, but has anyone else had a mid-game touchline report from Geoff Shreeves? Wasn't expecting that!
  • bbvDJC 12 Sep 2012 15:00:52 1,637 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    It's only happened to me once in about ten games, but has anyone else had a mid-game touchline report from Geoff Shreeves? Wasn't expecting that!
    Has happened to me once when one of my players was injured, he described what was wrong! Pretty cool.
  • fergal_oc 12 Sep 2012 15:30:13 2,763 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bbvDJC wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Has happened to me once when one of my players was injured, he described what was wrong! Pretty cool.
    Yeh, generally the commentary was about on par with 12 but that little chestnut made me smile.

I also like the commentary team mentioning the teams current league positions at the start.

All in I've played 2 games against the CPU on the PC with me as City and the CPU as Arsenal. In both games I dominated possesion, winning the first game 1-0 but the second game they played a lot better and beat me 2-1. It's going to take some getting used to but generally it feels good and looks better than 12. The lobbing skills game kept my attention for as long as the first game lasted. Great addition.
  • cjb_bjc 12 Sep 2012 15:52:34 942 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cant wait to get home and download this!
  • Deckard1 12 Sep 2012 15:55:04 25,406 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had no idea anyone actually played this with a keyboard and mouse. There's some strange people out there.

Called it

• graysonavich 12 Sep 2012 15:56:05 6,802 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My pc gobbles most things up but this frame jerks like a cunt on high settings. Hopefully just demo gayness.
  • neilqpr 12 Sep 2012 16:34:52 2,797 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mostly great, but I've had a few very dodgy fouls given against me. One in particular where I didn't even tackle only intercepted, the CPU ran into the back of me, fell over and a free kick was given against me.

Hopefully I'm just being unlucky but that kind of dodgy decision making could ruin an close online game.

I know I know, much like real football etc.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last