FIFA 13 Page 36

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• THFourteen 23 Oct 2012 08:35:45 33,175 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Why is ultimate team so geared towards pacey players? So frustrating when you're dominating a player and they just play a through ball and Walcott/Lennon etc just races on and scores, so little skill involved.
    fairly realistic though. if you don't take care of pacey players making runs in real football, they will murder you.

i go defensive if i notice the opposition making those sorts of moves.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 08:51:46
    Oh and you have the option to tinker your formation as well as using the sliders to increase your attacking and defensive mentality on the fly.
    Offside trap etc...... :)

STICK WITH IT ;)
  • binky Moderator 23 Oct 2012 09:08:44 9,570 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Until last night I had played 37 matches of Pro Clubs in FIFA 13. I'd scored a grand total of ZERO goals. 0. None! Granted I'd been playing a midfield role but it was getting silly. Chances were falling to me every night and I was just skewing shots, getting no power behind them, having button lag so that a shot just wouldn't appear... just... rage!

But then last night I hit a long range shot from outside the box and.... I hit the post. It span across the line... hit the other post... and came out.

ARSE!!!!!

2 games later, 90th minute. Ball falls to me just outside the box. I had time. Composed myself. Finesse shot. GOAL! 0-1!

\o/

Almost woke my kid up cheering so loudly :D
  • CHAZBIGPOTATO 23 Oct 2012 13:02:43 52 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @binky :lol:

Nice one
  • Physically_Insane 23 Oct 2012 13:07:34 8,754 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Same...

Took my Bronze team online for the first time and got pitched against a squad full of Gold players - with around half the chemistry. And I was holding my own against his superior players, but by half-way through the second half my blokes were running out of steam after chasing down his faster, stronger, more skilful players. And then it was a simple matter of punting long balls to his forwards who could outpace my defence.

So fuck trying to play it the right way, eh? I'll smush together a set of all-stars.
    Constantly chasing down his players will make your players run out of steam, bronze, silver or gold level. Especially if you're playing consecutive games without adding fitness cards or rotating your players.

I love playing against people who pressure for possession for 90 mins, pass them to death.

Question regarding pace:

Playing against players who rely on pace, drop a defender deep, read his play. ONE dimensional. It's all they have. I'm sorry if you can't play against someone who has fast players its more a fault of the player. Not the game. IMHO of course
    I hate playing against players who constantly pressure. I know what to do, but they constantly surround my players for 90mins and never get tired. Maybe it was because my team is always complete crap.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 23 Oct 2012 13:10:00 6,654 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Heh, the first touch mechanics have fucking nerfed Stoke. In 12 you could bulldozer teams physically, now you're lucky if you can trap the damn thing.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 13:17:53
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine

I find using the LT a godsend. Never seem to struggle with control no more
  • Gartt 23 Oct 2012 13:18:42 1,735 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hehe, Stoke used to be one of the teams I'd play as in 12, as you said, they had pace and power. No such luck this year, cant buy a win with them.

Has anyone come across any decent 4 star teams to play as this year, Im struggling to find one. Sunderland are fairly decent after you tinker with the starting line-up.
  • THFourteen 23 Oct 2012 13:19:15 33,175 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    tried QPR?
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 13:23:27
    binky wrote:
    Until last night I had played 37 matches of Pro Clubs in FIFA 13. I'd scored a grand total of ZERO goals. 0. None! Granted I'd been playing a midfield role but it was getting silly. Chances were falling to me every night and I was just skewing shots, getting no power behind them, having button lag so that a shot just wouldn't appear... just... rage!

But then last night I hit a long range shot from outside the box and.... I hit the post. It span across the line... hit the other post... and came out.

ARSE!!!!!

2 games later, 90th minute. Ball falls to me just outside the box. I had time. Composed myself. Finesse shot. GOAL! 0-1!

\o/

Almost woke my kid up cheering so loudly :D
    I'm going to have to give the pro clubs a blast. Does everyone still want to be the strikers??!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 23 Oct 2012 13:23:50 6,654 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine

I find using the LT a godsend. Never seem to struggle with control no more
    Yeah, I read a post by a better player than myself, who uses the LT every time he receives the ball so I'm trying to incorporate that into my game.

@gartt I did find in 12, games with four star teams played the better game of football, but it's too frustrating in this. Loads of players seem to be picking Dortmund but I suspect they'll be a 4.5 star team.

Edited by bitch_tits_zero_nine at 13:26:40 23-10-2012
  • askew 23 Oct 2012 13:26:29 12,163 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Same...

Took my Bronze team online for the first time and got pitched against a squad full of Gold players - with around half the chemistry. And I was holding my own against his superior players, but by half-way through the second half my blokes were running out of steam after chasing down his faster, stronger, more skilful players. And then it was a simple matter of punting long balls to his forwards who could outpace my defence.

So fuck trying to play it the right way, eh? I'll smush together a set of all-stars.
    Constantly chasing down his players will make your players run out of steam, bronze, silver or gold level. Especially if you're playing consecutive games without adding fitness cards or rotating your players.

I love playing against people who pressure for possession for 90 mins, pass them to death.

Question regarding pace:

Playing against players who rely on pace, drop a defender deep, read his play. ONE dimensional. It's all they have. I'm sorry if you can't play against someone who has fast players its more a fault of the player. Not the game. IMHO of course
    I hate playing against players who constantly pressure. I know what to do, but they constantly surround my players for 90mins and never get tired. Maybe it was because my team is always complete crap.
    Aye, I know there are methods to get around it, but I found he was doing the double-press all around the field. I don't tend to bother pressing with my dudes until he's actually into my half: I'll simply try and get into a position to intercept

I'm not a headless chicken holding down A constantly :p
  • binky Moderator 23 Oct 2012 13:31:56 9,570 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow I think it's the most popular position, but in our club for example we have a few like minded mates that are happy to play and stick to a position whatever it be.
  • askew 23 Oct 2012 13:48:43 12,163 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anywho, I think my point was: am I going to get matched up on a random basis, or will it try and find a team which based on its rating and chemistry matches mine? That's what I want to understand - because I'll just use my gold squad for online if it's the former.
  • THFourteen 23 Oct 2012 14:06:43 33,175 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    On fut seasons I have rarely played another bronze team, mostly gold or gold and silver mixes.

However I've held my own and even won some matches and got promoted so there must be some level of matchmaking involved.

The online tournaments section has entry requirements like max team strength 2stars or max level silver so you could play there.
  • askew 23 Oct 2012 14:12:45 12,163 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yer, might do that.

I know he's a dick, but this KSI video made me lol - this was me last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRxEP1Kr8cg
  • THFourteen 23 Oct 2012 14:22:32 33,175 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So got my bronze team sorted now, moving on to a silver team. Bought a couple of booster packs to get started, picked a formation.

Any tips to get started now? What are reasonable prices to pay for players in the silver level?
  • Gartt 23 Oct 2012 14:30:12 1,735 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It really depends, silver players who are pacey and/or English are stupidly expensive in the auction house. Pick a league or country and stick with them, players from lesser leagues or less popular countries will always be cheaper.
  • elephantjuice 23 Oct 2012 15:17:35 647 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://ultimatedb.nl

Player Database + apply relevant filters (country + ability set between 65-74 for silver players for example), check average auction prices et voila.
  • THFourteen 23 Oct 2012 15:27:01 33,175 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wowzers

you have simultaneously awesomed and ruined ultimate team for me forever

:-)
  • elephantjuice 23 Oct 2012 15:31:25 647 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It really is an exceptional tool, especially when it comes to FUT trading.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 20:40:48
    askew wrote:
    Yer, might do that.

I know he's a dick, but this KSI video made me lol - this was me last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRxEP1Kr8cg
    Can't stand the fella, can't tell if he's actually like that or he's putting it on. Either way he's an absolute dink!

I got your drift though :D
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 20:45:46
    binky wrote:
    @NeverEatYellowSnow I think it's the most popular position, but in our club for example we have a few like minded mates that are happy to play and stick to a position whatever it be.
    If I remember correctly I tried this when first released a couple of Fifa's ago. Just remember it being a complete shambles due to everyone pissing about. I take playing in a club you play like minded people wanting to enjoy the game? What's the format for this Binky, same as seasons or a league?
  • huzzuk 23 Oct 2012 22:44:40 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whassup Guys,

Our anticipated CO-OP Career Mode is now up, with live commentary from Huzz & Shawney.

MAKING FIFA ENTERTAINING

Please Comment, Rate & Subscribe

Hope you enjoy the videos, as much as we enjoyed making the videos!

Feeback so far has been very positive

http://www.youtube.com/teamhappyuk

Follow us at - http://www.twitter.com/teamhappyuk
    LIKE US at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-H...17251748330730
    CONTACT us at - teamhappyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

Team Happy
  • binky Moderator 24 Oct 2012 09:26:36 9,570 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow It's a Seasons setup with the odd splash of tournament action.

Games we've played have all seemed to be against like minded players.
  • binky Moderator 24 Oct 2012 15:01:30 9,570 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Coz I'm a blogging nobber, I thought I'd share some words on FUT here.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2012 18:12:57
    binky wrote:
    Coz I'm a blogging nobber, I thought I'd share some words on FUT here.
    Nice read Binky. This years Fifa is a bit special
  • danathjo 24 Oct 2012 19:00:11 7,333 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As long as you don't intend to play the career mode

Haven't been able to play it for a while now due to constant machine resetting freezes on the calendar :(
  • askew 24 Oct 2012 19:53:06 12,163 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mine's doing OK. Outclassing my Rotherham colleagues in terms of technical ability, but not fitness - still chundering after 75 minutes. I find I'm carrying the squad, and was hoping for an Arsenal recall in the January transfer window :(
  • Page

of 40 First / Last