DayZ - An ARMA II Mod about Zombie Apocalypse Page 65

• Page

of 76 First / Last

• geeza2020 4 Sep 2012 12:44:09 1,886 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spawned in last night just north of Electro, and found two fresh bandit corpses with map, compass, watch, hunting knife, NVG, rangefinder plus plenty of food and drink, good times. But sadly, no weapons. This left me pretty well equipped, just stuck with a winchester, a m1911 pistol and remington in my czech backpack. Anyway, while looting the corpses I hear four or five shots (I'm not good enough to tell you from what kind of gun it was) and decide to cheese it before I end up like these two bullet ridden bandits.

So as it starts to get dark I decide now's a good time to try a stealthy night time raid on the military tents near Stary. Check my map - It's six clicks away :( So i spend all night running through forests, with my NVG's on, crapping my pants at every shadow, or bright blob that may be a person - every time it turns out to be bush failing to render properly or something due to my computers specs being pretty close to a casio watch.

Anyway after what seems bloody ages, I get to the stary military tents and proceed to loot every single one - or at least I would have, if they weren't all completely empty. Cue panic as I realise someone must have just beaten me to it, and could be watching me blunder about the place down the sights of an AS50 or something. So I ran as fast my little newbie legs could carry me, east to the next town (sobor something or other) find some trees to hide in and log out.

I spent about two or three hours playing the game last night, didnt see a single other player character (beyond those corpses) and not that much in the way of Zeds either (zombies are almost completely redundant at night, even more so now I have the NVG's), but it was still one of the most tense evenings of gaming I've had in years :) Must...stay....alive.....

Edited by geeza2020 at 12:47:44 04-09-2012
  • Apollo 4 Sep 2012 14:21:30 523 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @cosquae Hold on to that shit dude!!

Edited by Apollo at 14:21:50 04-09-2012
  • jagg3r 4 Sep 2012 14:28:05 1,030 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apollo wrote:
    @cosquae Hold on to that shit dude!!
    I 2nd that, this walking everywhere is for peasants :)
  • Cosquae 4 Sep 2012 14:29:24 1,217 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No guarantees it'll be around after the server restarts, but we'll see.

Hope so, because I logged off in it miles away from anywhere (but still on the map) and I don't want to have to walk back to civilization.

Also picked up a spare M9SD and ammo if you want it.
  • Cosquae 4 Sep 2012 16:11:46 1,217 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alas, as it turns out, the copter didn't survive the server restart, but we had some fun in it. Took Apollo for a coastline tour followed by a shootout around balotta airfield.

Landed in a field (almost) before server restart, was gone when we came back. But at least I didn't crash it (though it was close at times) and I can at least say I've tried it now.
  • Apollo 4 Sep 2012 16:34:02 523 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes I can second that for the fun factor , especially when another player managed to wing Cosquae with a couple of pistol shots, while I was asleep at the .50 cal...
  • geeza2020 4 Sep 2012 18:26:59 1,886 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well I've logged back in after getting home from work and not one minute after spawning and crouch walking a small way through some trees, random guy with a sniper rifle in the middle of a forest gets me again!

So, I think the mod could definitely use some kind of tweaks to make being cooperative actually worthwhile. I havent met a single other play who wanted to talk or even work together in any way, they all either run, or shoot on sight. Until this is sorted, I'm done.
  • jagg3r 4 Sep 2012 19:22:47 1,030 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @geeza2020
    Myself, apollo and cos are usually on a couple of nights a week and play together. Send me a friend request if u wanna coop up, steam id jagg3r_74.
  • BillMurray 4 Sep 2012 23:58:46 7,701 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

SO GOOD.
  • Leolian 5 Sep 2012 14:49:35 1,083 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Spawned in last night just north of Electro, and found two fresh bandit corpses with map, compass, watch, hunting knife, NVG, rangefinder plus plenty of food and drink, good times. But sadly, no weapons. This left me pretty well equipped, just stuck with a winchester, a m1911 pistol and remington in my czech backpack. Anyway, while looting the corpses I hear four or five shots (I'm not good enough to tell you from what kind of gun it was) and decide to cheese it before I end up like these two bullet ridden bandits.

So as it starts to get dark I decide now's a good time to try a stealthy night time raid on the military tents near Stary. Check my map - It's six clicks away :( So i spend all night running through forests, with my NVG's on, crapping my pants at every shadow, or bright blob that may be a person - every time it turns out to be bush failing to render properly or something due to my computers specs being pretty close to a casio watch.

Anyway after what seems bloody ages, I get to the stary military tents and proceed to loot every single one - or at least I would have, if they weren't all completely empty. Cue panic as I realise someone must have just beaten me to it, and could be watching me blunder about the place down the sights of an AS50 or something. So I ran as fast my little newbie legs could carry me, east to the next town (sobor something or other) find some trees to hide in and log out.

I spent about two or three hours playing the game last night, didnt see a single other player character (beyond those corpses) and not that much in the way of Zeds either (zombies are almost completely redundant at night, even more so now I have the NVG's), but it was still one of the most tense evenings of gaming I've had in years :) Must...stay....alive.....
    The gear probably hadn't spawned in the tents yet. Also, you can't use the AS50 and NVG at the same time. The DMR is the only one that you can. Still, Stary has killed me more consistently than any other town.
  • Apollo 5 Sep 2012 18:32:48 523 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For the first time ever in this game I was helped by a stranger. I was checking out one of the firestations in Electro, and I noticed a player outside at the back standing upright, pistol outstretched , aiming. Took me a few moments to realise he was a dead bandit. While trying to loot him, I was attacked by Zeds. Got back into the firestation with 275 blood. Needless to say, I was passing out every five secs. Heard gunshots out side.Called out friendly on chat. Guy came in, took the blood from my pack, saved my ass...
    There is hope for this game after all...
  • caligari 5 Sep 2012 19:32:31 17,024 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @richardiox - Thanks again for bringing that 'FrankieplaysPC' guy to my attention. I've been really enjoying his videos over the past few days. The chap is rather good with a sniper rifle, isn't he?
  • richardiox 5 Sep 2012 20:27:29 5,583 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    His vids are/were cool but like The Only Way is Essex etc they're edited together for dramatic effect. Reality TV that's essentially created and edited as drama.

All I know is that his videos don't in any represent my play sessions with the game!
  • Apollo 6 Sep 2012 13:10:48 523 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Patch on the way. Woof!
  • richardiox 6 Sep 2012 13:14:36 5,583 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any sign of a changelog, are we going to get canines? Not that it matters considering the hax epidemic making playing too risky to bother with.

It would be great if Rocket and co could at least try and take some damage limitation steps or Bohemia could make some changes to Battle Eye.
  • geeza2020 6 Sep 2012 13:53:52 1,886 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would think most of Rocket's resources are tied up with the standalone version now. I need to starting saving from scratch for a new PC anyway, hopefully, by the time I've done that the retail version will be released and we can all play in sweet un-hacked harmony :)
  • Scurrminator 6 Sep 2012 14:06:19 8,403 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah. Justice is served. My friend and I went bandit hunting around the outskirts of cherno. Found 4 tents but no dudes, so raided the tents and dumped all the useless shit elsewhere ;-)
    And then as we were about to finish for the day spotted something...with many zeds following. Bandit on a bike! He tried to run us down but we peppered him and took his awesome kit and bike.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• geeza2020 6 Sep 2012 14:41:01 1,886 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I never see that kind of stuff... /jealous!
  • Leolian 6 Sep 2012 19:19:44 1,083 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New patch up on dayz commander.

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Bear trap has chance to spawn on infected hunters
    * [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Bodies should now not display graphical glitches)
    * [NEW] Three UI options available: Default (indicators only), Debug (indicators + debug window), None (only base ArmA2 UI)
    * [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)
  • BillMurray 6 Sep 2012 20:27:20 7,701 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Apollo We've got another couple of weeks till that patch.
  • richardiox 6 Sep 2012 21:07:26 5,583 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Glad they've fixed the dead soldiers rendering glitch, I can finally take on a military site. Any fortunately last time I logged on I saved just outside Stary.
  • Scurrminator 7 Sep 2012 16:47:44 8,403 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finally fell foul to hackers 
    Teleported into the sky and then plummeted to my doom. Lost aforementioned rifle with grenade launcher. Sigh. Managed to get some good kit back pretty quickly but very annoying. Tried to Alt F4 out before I hit the ground but it wouldn’t let me until the egg timer popped up.

• Apollo 8 Sep 2012 10:54:56 523 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Last night was some hairy shit for myself and Jagg3r. After meeting and gearing up, we went to the Cherno firehouse. Jagg3r saw a survivor outside and decided to have a go. I was down on ground floor. He hit the guy but didn't kill him. The other player ran off and we were besieged by zeds, me shooting them as they came in the door.
    When things had calmed down a bit and we were taking stock, someone\the guy Jag was shooting at opened the middle door and started shooting at me.I ran for cover and ended up outside while the other guy went inside. The two of us were standing off ,shooting from cover.
    Meanwhile, Jagg3r is up stairs wondering WTF. I'm too caught up in the firefight trying to stay alive to communicate what's happening.
    I manage to get away as the other guy goes up the stairs to where Jag is.
    He thinks it's me and so doesn't shoot.
    Gets blown away...
    I'm outside in the bushes trying to heal a broken leg and I'm bleeding profusely.
    My inventory glitches and I can't administer bandages and morphine to myself and so end up dying too. FML ; )
    Later in Cherno...
    We meet up again, and are going into Cherno from the West nr the apts when a sniper opens up on us.
    Taking cover behind a building, I patch myself up as I have been hit.
    Then I crawl to some forward cover to see if we can see who the fuck is shooting at us.
    Then a flash of white moving around about 50mtrs North of me reveals his position.
    Jag wants payback and so while the guy is looking the other way, manages to flank.
    Unfortunately the guy we could see was spotting for someone else...last thing Jag hears, "I see you"...
    I'm still in cover , so I open up on the spotter, who runs away to the left.
    The sniper opens up on my position so I fall back.
    I'm running to cover and trying to flank the spotter when ANOTHER guy comes around from my right and takes me out.
    Good fun for a change...
  • jagg3r 9 Sep 2012 11:33:05 1,030 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Apollo Great fun alright, im geared up again and ready for round 2.
  • Cosquae 10 Sep 2012 09:57:19 1,217 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Didn't realise WarZ was going to have micro-transactions and that you lose them if you die?

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/19791/the-ultimate-price-in-the-war-z-losing-items-you-paid-real-money-for

Since all it may take is a guy with a sniper rifle who's bored...
  • bbvDJC 10 Sep 2012 11:12:46 1,714 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cosquae wrote:
    Didn't realise WarZ was going to have micro-transactions and that you lose them if you die?

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/19791/the-ultimate-price-in-the-war-z-losing-items-you-paid-real-money-for

Since all it may take is a guy with a sniper rifle who's bored...
    If the items are like ten pence though it won't really matter.
  • Scurrminator 10 Sep 2012 13:11:52 8,403 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hmmm, just had a 'friendly' hacker who teleported everyone. When we were teleported we had a box in front of us with an AS50, ammo, food, NVGs - everything you'd need. random!

• richardiox 10 Sep 2012 14:10:39 5,583 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Friendly hacker still breaks the game by making an over abundance of rare items. As for the WarZ microtransactions that doesn't surprise me, whole project reeks of a cash in.
  • SuperBas 10 Sep 2012 18:26:53 1,452 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    hmmm, just had a 'friendly' hacker who teleported everyone. When we were teleported we had a box in front of us with an AS50, ammo, food, NVGs - everything you'd need. random!
    Sounds like the Hunger Games. Did everyone kill each other to get to the goodies?
  • Scurrminator 10 Sep 2012 19:43:36 8,403 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We were all spawned north but to be honest there was good spirits and people let each other grab the loot and log out. Was amazing!!!

• Page

of 76 First / Last