Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 30

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• itinkuravinalaff 25 Nov 2012 12:53:39 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No but the bloody annoying quick scope non snipers are there running around unrealistically with their full camouflage shit on and massive rifle the dicks! Sorry I do hate em!
  • stephenb 25 Nov 2012 13:20:16 2,677 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love the fact you can throw the bouncing bettys like giant heavy steel frisbies. It's quite amusing throwing a smoke grenade on a domination point then chucking a couple of them for good measurement. The confusion it causes is brilliant.

Is it just me or is the whole pick 10 system give you the ability to do some mental stuff? I've got a custom class with a full auto pistol and 6 perks which is good if you just fancy running around like a mad man.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• catterz 25 Nov 2012 13:35:59 8,763 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Quick-scoping on MW3 was far easier as a player could use the Quickdraw perk to get those sights are much quicker. The Quickdraw attachment isn't available for Sniper Rifles in BLOPS2 so getting the perfect quick-scope takes around half a second to a second longer, which is all valuable time when you turn a corner on someone.

/is not a quick-scoper

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• Nades 25 Nov 2012 21:23:33 623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Don't know why so many people are complaining about the snipers, it's perfect how it is. Gonna be well pissed off, if they change it :/
    I mean, lets look at the facts, the snipers in BO1 were basically non existent, because it was boring using them, and it was too difficult to kill with them, because of how much auto aim they had from long range kills, it was really hard to get the kill. Just deal with it, BO2 is great, the sniping is the most fun I've had on a CoD game for AGES! And btw, don't say it's unrealistic, because to be honest, CoD isn't realistic anyway. Go play BF3 for realism....

Liverpool FC

• Nades 25 Nov 2012 21:25:29 623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @stephenb

I actually killed someone with a bouncing betty today just by throwing it at him, he ran at me with a shotgun, and I shit myself so I threw a bouncing betty hoping he would get killed by it after I died, but it hit him dead on and kill him lmao, I survived ;D

Liverpool FC

• Deleted user 25 November 2012 21:52:28
    Saw the exact same thing on a final killcam last night.

I had a 28-10 round last night. That's the best i've ever done in any COD game ever :o Towards the end of the round every shot was a headshot for me. At one stage i mowed down 4 guys with one clip of my assault rifle.
  • Nades 25 Nov 2012 22:05:07 623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They need to sort the Theater mode out, it SUCCCKKKKKKSSSS!! I got a 40-12 gameplay today and it only recorded 20 of the bloody kills, argh!!

Liverpool FC

• bobdebob 25 Nov 2012 22:06:16 519 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    I mean, lets look at the facts, the snipers in BO1 were basically non existent, because it was boring using them, and it was too difficult to kill with them, because of how much auto aim they had from long range kills, it was really hard to get the kill.
    Not true. Snipers had only 1 problem in BO1 and it was the mechanism to stop quickscoping, which was the first milliseconds into the scope the shot was random. Other than that sniping was fine with a claymore and sniping perch.

Haven't found much quickscoping in BO2 anyway though.
  • Nades 25 Nov 2012 22:13:15 623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @bobdebob
    Well the problem I had was the auto aim was way to high when in scope. You'd trying sniping someone on the other side of the map, the the auto aim would fuck your aim up. There's not too much auto aim for snipers in BO2. Which for me is why it's so enjoyable. Plus the maps are great!

Liverpool FC

• Ultrasoundwave 26 Nov 2012 18:16:21 3,097 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Uuuuuummmmmm, has anyone else's K/D ratio been reset???

"Look at banner Michael!"

• Deleted user 26 November 2012 18:55:52
    I can't understand why they don't put a quick scoping only mode in.

And let's not get started with the 'oh it's quality in blops2' nonsense. It's only quality if you enjoy quick scoping. The issue is balance.

Although hard scoping is definitely more enjoyable
  • 1Dgaf 26 Nov 2012 19:05:15 3,775 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who'll be on tonight? Agent, Stevil?

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• Rajin 26 Nov 2012 19:07:29 580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am just not used to quick-scoping in any form. The last shooters i played extensively were Killzone 2-3, Rainbow Six 3 and Halo 2 on the xbox.

The run and gun/twitch mechanic is where COD all about, although i had the feeling that that was not the case during Modern Warfare 1, i feel there are to few Choke-points in BLOP 2 and to many spots where you can pick targets(in houses or on top of something, yes it's easy to get behind a camper)

Playing with randoms is act in frustation due the fact that teams never change! Which comes as a big surprise to me, i would love some balancing with a weak team after i am the only one with a positive K/D ratio.
  • Nades 26 Nov 2012 22:22:49 623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Rajin
    The sniping is fine how it is, lets not ruin it for the people who actually like and enjoy sniping, just because you guys on here don't like sniping or can't snipe doesn't mean they should change it, when I don't use a sniper I'm still getting killed more by normal guns, it's not even close to an issue, there a WAAAYYYY bigger problems with the game, end of. Go play BO1 if you're going to rage that much lol.

Anyway, if you're getting smashed by teams then play the playlist Mercenary Moshpit I think it's called, that's what I do :) you can't have parties in that playlist and also it has basically all the game modes in it too =].

Liverpool FC

• Rajin 26 Nov 2012 22:46:25 580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Nades

Ah thank you for the moshpit tip, will certainly look at that. I somehow do feel you overlook more then halve of my post as ''rage'', which if you read carefully, is not the case.

I lay the blame more to me being not used to this kind of gameplay(previous mentioned games as example)Sniping in very small maps is just very unnatural for me, i was always used to a pretty large distance between the sniper and the guy being shot.

And no, i don't call snipers the biggests problem, sub-machine guns are way to powerfull with add-ons currently(i think it's strange that can shoot bursts as if you're using a M16. I have tried alternatives like the large machine guns or assault rifles but feel that sub-machine guns have a edge above those two.
  • johnson81 26 Nov 2012 23:59:31 368 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not read all the thread, so if this has been mentioned please ignore. Great Easter Egg on Nuketown 2025. Play the original Pitfall and what looks live River Raid. Follow this guide to know how.
  • 1Dgaf 27 Nov 2012 00:03:05 3,775 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't mind snipers in this. They can be annoying, but that's their job. And in kill cams, it looks like they're aiming quickly, but still aiming. (Quick scoping requires skill, but looks different.)

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• jagg3r 27 Nov 2012 15:26:32 993 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just logged on on live and got a message to say my stats have been reset, still have my rank but all tokens and stats are reset?
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 15:43:25
    At least the snipers have somewhere to go and just snipe in this game. A bit like how Mw1 felt, drone for instance as the ridge at the back of the map like the map with gas pipes in MW1. so you know where they are and if they are pissing you off just knife them. The maps have a bit for everyone impressed with them. i seem to do really well on meltdown atm.

Havn't played MP for a few days, started the campaign. I have no idea whats going on, but its passable. just fucked the pakistan Strike force mission. Nevermind. I know the game formula is tiring now, but the little scripted bits still impress me no end. And it makes you feel like being in a hollywood movie all the time.
  • Slikz 27 Nov 2012 16:50:33 244 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mega-ames

Hi Amy! I prefer Blops 2, if shooters are your thing I'd definitely give it a go.
  • xero521 27 Nov 2012 18:40:53 107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I disagree,saying quickscoping is skill,more like luck! Anyways just strated playing headquaters with my riot sheild what a laugh that is! Had 2 great games this morning,love it when people see me and run the other way lol
  • uk-kob 27 Nov 2012 19:08:33 126 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mega-ames
    welcome, i personally much prefer BF3, BO2 is ok but the maps are realy small and samey, rent it first and see what you think.
  • RelaxedMikki 27 Nov 2012 20:14:21 892 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mega-ames

Hello!

It's definatly worth getting hold of a copy of COD if you have never played it and are into multiplayer shooting games. Its really popular for a reason - it is the best high-pace infantry based military shooter on consoles.

COD gets criticism because the single player is really linear and has infinitely spawning enemies and because the multiplayer is basically the same game for 5 years now. Maybe try one of the earlier versions and see what you think? The original BLOPs can be picked up really cheap now...
  • Agent_Llama 27 Nov 2012 20:15:57 3,243 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    Who'll be on tonight? Agent, Stevil?
    Wasn't about last night but should be this evening til about 10. Anyone starting up a clan?

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola

• welshben23 27 Nov 2012 20:57:02 1,068 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jesus Christ! There's some arsehats playing this game. When I'm laying down disarming the bomb in Demolition, don't lay down next to me like you're packing down in a Rugby scrum especially when THREE of you do it! Cover me from all sides! *Rant over*

Edited by welshben23 at 21:18:20 27-11-2012
  • bobdebob 27 Nov 2012 21:49:03 519 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    xero521 wrote:
    I disagree,saying quickscoping is skill,more like luck! Anyways just strated playing headquaters with my riot sheild what a laugh that is! Had 2 great games this morning,love it when people see me and run the other way lol
    From what I understand is that, when looking down the sights of a scope it will be a perfectly straight shot for a few milliseconds.

You can put a little circle in the centre of the screen and use that to quick scope.

So yeah it is cheap. In BO1 this was remedied by making the shot off-centre for the first few milliseconds.
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 21:50:25
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    @mega-ames

Hello!

It's definatly worth getting hold of a copy of COD if you have never played it and are into multiplayer shooting games. Its really popular for a reason - it is the best high-pace infantry based military shooter on consoles.

COD gets criticism because the single player is really linear and has infinitely spawning enemies and because the multiplayer is basically the same game for 5 years now. Maybe try one of the earlier versions and see what you think? The original BLOPs can be picked up really cheap now...
    Thats a fair assessment. The first time you play cod is highley addictive. But i would advise just got for blops 2. Might as well play the new stuff.
  • Nades 27 Nov 2012 22:00:46 623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Rajin
    No problem mate, it helped me a lot, will just be running that until I get a team up on the game =].

Yeah sorry mate, I wasn't really aiming it at you was aiming it at basically all the people here saying sniping is a problem or saying bad stuff about it, just putting my opinion out there, because I really enjoy the sniping. I'm a pure Halo 3 player, but BO2 is keeping me off Halo 3 for now, mainly because of the sniping, I don't see what's wrong with it. For me the biggest problem at the moment is the terrible Theater Mode....it doesn't even record the whole game =(

Liverpool FC

• Nades 27 Nov 2012 22:05:07 623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @joelstinton
    Well said mate. Have to say the maps on this one are the best for all types of players since CoD4. Which I still think are the best, and also that it's the best CoD game, had some good times on that!

Liverpool FC

• Page

of 42 First / Last