Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 27

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• pauleyc 20 Nov 2012 15:43:13 4,464 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's the first time I tried CoD MP and oh my, this is certainly different than BF3, at least on the PC. Not much of a team play going on, everyone moving on fast-forward and yesterday I saw someone actually trying to evade fire using bunny hops. /shakes head

The spawning is all over the place, seems like everybody is just running around the small maps in circles trying to shoot the opponents in the back. Plus the ridiculous knifing! I struggled to get any decent amount of kills using assault rifles, tried the SMGs and suddenly went to 15+ kills per round - I generally suck at FPS but still, it's a huge achievement for me.

The MP - and CoD in general - is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, the equivalent of forgettable junk food. At least this time around the ridiculous SP story is relatively bearable (apart from the strike force missions, an extremely irritating and ham-fisted attempt at RTS) and I appreciated the oh-so-realistic cameo of "Secretary Petraeus".
  • Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 15:46:28 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone here on PS3 who actually enjoys playing AS A TEAM?
  • catterz 20 Nov 2012 15:50:17 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    I hate those knife people :(
    Hehe, I spent a whole night (drunk) destroying my KD ratio to get the gold knife camo. Worth it.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• catterz 20 Nov 2012 17:18:19 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ghostwhistler Pretty certain that's not how it works. Lag compensation does not throttle any players. Instead, it uses each players latency to rewind time and figure out what the shooting player would have seen on their own screen at the time of the event, and therefore calculate whether you would have hit or not. If anything, lag compensation actually helps all players.

The only time it's not very helpful is when you are ducking behind cover, but continue taking damage (even behind objects that you cannot shoot through).

The lag itself, however, is why Player A may see Player B appear from around a corner before Player B even knows Player A exists.

Edited by catterz at 17:20:00 20-11-2012

• Deleted user 20 November 2012 17:35:10
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    the game has lag compensation that aggressively tries to level the connections to eliminate host advantage. The end result is a system that doesn't work. The game is just unplayable if you want to play it properly online. Of course if you want to run around like a loon and mash buttons it's probably not so bad. Sadly, as with all these sorts of issues, gamers are ignored and their representatives in the media don't seem at all interested.

Gameing journalists have completely ignored the rampant network issues with the biggest game release of the moment, if not all time. CoD is a huge franchise, but i guess these lazy cunts would rather sit on their arses in the office playing lan games than actually do their job. The community needs their support before the game dies.
    Again, no problems online here. Are you definitely sure it isn't just your mum streaming herself again that is buggering your connection?
  • Progguitarist 20 Nov 2012 17:46:56 10,441 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Me! I'm not on till late though.
  • Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 17:48:13 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Damn! I'm normally on anywhere between 6 and 10.
  • stephenb 20 Nov 2012 18:01:26 2,740 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Damn! I'm normally on anywhere between 6 and 10.
    I'm normally on after 10:30 if you want to add me. I like to think other people would run and capture B on domination with me instead of all sitting in the same room with sniper rifles. I think that qualifies me as a team player :)

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 18:03:11 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :lol: I know what you mean mate. Last time I played kill confirmed I spent more time running around collecting the dog tags others ignored!
  • thefilthandthefury 20 Nov 2012 18:06:47 25,021 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    :lol: I know what you mean mate. Last time I played kill confirmed I spent more time running around collecting the dog tags others ignored!
    I always do well on that mode, for this very reason. People leave tags all over the place for some bizarre reason.
  • Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 18:08:53 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CODs biggest problem is, you can have as many different multiplayer modes as you like. Most seem to just think its kill kill kill!
  • ElNino9 20 Nov 2012 18:09:23 13,433 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not quite sure what Treyarch do differently to IW, but online hit detection is utter wank. Unleash a clip into someone, only for them to turn round and kill you with 3-4 shots.

Never, ever experienced anything like this in the MW games. Infuriating.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 18:11:21 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Try taking Halo out of your machine ;)
  • Progguitarist 20 Nov 2012 18:11:22 10,441 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd like to get a PS3 EG team together and do some of the league games.

They are fun, random modes and fighting for position adds a nice layer of tension to it.
  • Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 18:12:45 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds like a plan mate. Is there a 'party' option on the PS3 version? Can't check as I'm watching a depressing film about botters o_O
  • BillyBoozze 20 Nov 2012 20:20:13 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Try taking Halo out of your machine ;)
    Now that wont work now would it mate?Lol

• catterz 20 Nov 2012 20:34:31 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ghostwhistler *sigh*

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 20:36:13 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, it's gotten a lot easier to kill folk. I had 9 kills before anyone else got one o_O

Why is the first assault rifle the best one???
  • Kovacs77 20 Nov 2012 20:43:09 365 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No connection or lag problems here either, on PC. I just assume the guys shouting Bullshit whenever they get shot either have a bad connection.. Or are just not as good as they think they are?
  • Kovacs77 20 Nov 2012 20:43:22 365 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • PrivateFloyd 20 Nov 2012 20:56:09 4,135 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gambit1977

PrivateFloyd is my id.

Drop me a request, il be on in a minute for the evening.

Goat is hungry.....

• Br0ken_Engli5h 20 Nov 2012 22:04:51 1,194 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kovacs77 wrote:
    No connection or lag problems here either, on PC. I just assume the guys shouting Bullshit whenever they get shot either have a bad connection.. Or are just not as good as they think they are?
    Yeah, there couldn't possibly be a fault with the system. I mean, if you don't have the problem, then the problem doesn't exist, right?

I've barely been able to play the previous 2 CoD games because of these connection issues. This actually plays decently for me now, but I'm hearing a lot of identical issues from other players with this that I've had previously.

Or perhaps they, like totally, need to L2P, d00d.
  • Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 22:11:24 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    @Gambit1977

PrivateFloyd is my id.

Drop me a request, il be on in a minute for the evening.
    Bugger, sorry mate I totally missed this. I'll send a request from my vita now! Will have some time this week I'm sure (wife just got back from London ten mins ago!)
  • Bananazniper 20 Nov 2012 22:16:48 628 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    catterz wrote:
    Bananazniper wrote:
    But it is so inferior to Battlefield in every respect including graphics, physics, teamplay etc it's embarrassing.
    Bananazniper wrote:
    Compared to this Battlefield shooting mecahnics is far more responsive.
    Bananazniper wrote:
    Infact, playing this game makes me appreciate Battlefield more.
    Bananazniper wrote:
    It's like comparing Zelda to Skyrim, you can't do it. They are just different experiences.
    Well done.
    Selective quoting for the win? Try quoting it all to see it in context. As I said, Battlefield is so superior to this game (for me) that you cannot compare them any longer, they are like different genres. Blops2 does what it does well, but what it does I don't want to do.

I played the multiplayer to death over the weekend, and realised that running around like a headless chicken gets old very quickly. If I want a quick blast of that gamestyle I'll put on the close quarters maps on BF. And those maps are better than the COD maps imo.

I haven't got a problem with people liking this game as I tried it myself and got to level 50, I'm not a BF fanboy. But I traded the game in with a few others and bought a pair of jeans and a coat yesterday with the dosh. I've never even thought of trading in BF after one year. Each to their own.
  • Benno 20 Nov 2012 22:54:20 9,903 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You bought some jeans and a coat? cool
  • Bananazniper 20 Nov 2012 22:58:50 628 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    You bought some jeans and a coat? cool
    Yeah, as I said it was a few games lol. I got 130 from CEX. So bought myself the above mentioned and had myself a KFC into the bargain, plus the beers I'm drinking now :)

Edited by Bananazniper at 22:59:18 20-11-2012
  • 1Dgaf 21 Nov 2012 01:45:06 3,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good games with Broken. We got locked down on the aircraft carrier in one Domination game. Really tough. Likewise on the nuclear map (not Nuketown).

Getting to the centre flag at the start of the game is so important, as is spreading out a bit to hold the flanks.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• Page

of 42 First / Last