Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 26

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• Rajin 19 Nov 2012 16:33:38 627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Skipped BLOPS 1 and MW3, didn't buy MW2 but borrowed it from my brother. They both had their faults, balance is terrible because of quick-scoping and ridiculous range of sub-machine guns. MW2 had the akimbo shotguns which ruined everything.
  • catterz 19 Nov 2012 16:37:29 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bananazniper wrote:
    But it is so inferior to Battlefield in every respect including graphics, physics, teamplay etc it's embarrassing.
    Bananazniper wrote:
    Compared to this Battlefield shooting mecahnics is far more responsive.
    Bananazniper wrote:
    Infact, playing this game makes me appreciate Battlefield more.
    Bananazniper wrote:
    It's like comparing Zelda to Skyrim, you can't do it. They are just different experiences.
    Well done.

Edited by catterz at 16:38:02 19-11-2012

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• stephenb 19 Nov 2012 17:03:31 2,742 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like this CoD, I bypassed MW3 as well, I love BF3 too.

I find it near on impossible to compare the two. They are very different products doing different things. They both have guns but that's about the only similarity.

It's ok to like both people! It's like the Beatles Vs. the Stones all over again (even though really it was Beatles Vs. The Beach Boys)

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• ElNuevo9 19 Nov 2012 17:19:26 13,444 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Problem is, I'm not really feeling the game. There's something amiss with the MP and I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's just.
    Same.

I'm fact, I didn't really feel the other Treyarch CoD's to be honest, they just feel different to the Infinity Ward/Modern Warfare games. I think they don't feel as meaty if that makes sense? The guns in MW carry more weight and the online code is better. Enemies are bullet sponges on BLOPS games.

I appreciate the effort they put in to make the games feel unique, but they've never clicked for me.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• the_dudefather 19 Nov 2012 17:23:12 9,302 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does the multiplayer still have flamethrower attachments for guns?

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• aeschylus 19 Nov 2012 18:30:33 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Does the multiplayer still have flamethrower attachments for guns?
    Not seen one, there is a grenade launcher, but that only comes with 2 grenades
  • Ranger_Ryu 19 Nov 2012 18:41:06 1,070 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Been playing the campaign lately and really like it, got to the prisoner exchange in panama not touched multiplayer yet but I will.
  • Doomspoon 19 Nov 2012 19:15:31 2,479 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rajin wrote:
    Skipped BLOPS 1 and MW3, didn't buy MW2 but borrowed it from my brother. They both had their faults, balance is terrible because of quick-scoping and ridiculous range of sub-machine guns. MW2 had the akimbo shotguns which ruined everything.
    First CoD I haven't bothered with since picking up CoD 4. Quick-scoping and dual wield/akimbo anything can fuck off (across all games).

I was never overly keen on the Treyarch ones but quite liked the IW ones, I'd play whichever year's CoD was released because my friends would be on it. I have real issues with ping and hit detection specific to the Treyarch ones where in oft cases I can unload a whole clip into someone and they can turn around and fart a load of bullets at me resulting in an instant death.

MW3 didn't feel right to me either, that was another where I had odd inconsistencies between bullets hitting and damage being done.
  • aeschylus 19 Nov 2012 20:32:59 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Activision has screwed everyone over I see and pulled Nuketown map
  • catterz 19 Nov 2012 23:51:20 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yea, I was pretty annoyed by that.

• stephenb 20 Nov 2012 00:09:13 2,742 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's this now?

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• Syrette 20 Nov 2012 01:57:29 43,600 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    sat in matchmaking...

searching for games (0 matches!?!)
    Waiting for the host.

Then it does a search

and goes right back to the above

and this is on 'best' connection preference.

43 well spent. Utterly unacceptable. No other industry could get away with this kind of crap. Imagine if you went to the cinema and the movie wasn't finished.
    Not had a single problem with matchmaking. Not a single problem. If anything it is too fast as I haven't been able to create a loadout between matches like I used to.

You're internet is shit, stop blaming the game.
    you pig ignorant cunt, you don't even know how the game handles lag. Let me explain it so that a thick piece of turd like you can undestand, are you ready?
    the game makes the player lag if he has a lesser ping (ie a faster connection, you dumb fuck) than others. It throttles people for having a better connection.
    You fucking retarded dumb cunt.
    Beautiful.

• xero521 20 Nov 2012 10:55:36 171 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    More i play more im not liking the game,taking nearly a full clip to kill someone since that patch,i kno that might not have had anything to do with bullet damage but its really annoying when u shoot someone just for them to turn around and kill u with about 3 bullets!
  • Deleted user 20 November 2012 12:30:44
    When was it patched?

I thought the first 2 days were super smooth but since then there's definitely something been off with the game.

So far its definitely hit and miss but i think this could be said for call of duty in general.

I often wonder when/if I'm topping the leader board at the end of a game if its me being good or players suffering lag. As the past couple if days I've literally not been able to get more than 7-10 kills consistently playing domination and I know I'm not that bad at the game.

Today though I'm getting 20-30+ nearly every game.
  • xero521 20 Nov 2012 13:00:17 171 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sunday got patched,totally agree tho first few days were great,now it seems to play like blops which i hated
  • Benno 20 Nov 2012 13:15:38 9,933 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    its all in your head
  • andywilkie35 20 Nov 2012 13:30:33 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got to be something wrong with it online - consistently coming in the top three players and I'm shit at FPS games!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Scurrminator 20 Nov 2012 13:46:00 8,423 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LOL at Gen Petraeus being in this - bad timing there!
    Also the story is that some guys sister was killed so he wants to destroy the world...um.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• catterz 20 Nov 2012 13:49:47 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @andywilkie35 Heh, I wouldn't complain.

I figured out that by prestiging and using my permanent unlock token on Ghost, and by setting my scorestreaks to really low-end stuff I can dramatically improve my KD and regularly top the leaderboards.

I tend to play Hardpoint, and Ghost allows me to move around the edges of the map and flank enemies who're blinkered towards the current Hardpoint, often getting 2 or 3 kills and securing the Hardpoint, which in turn basically gives me enough score for all of my scorestreaks.

Edited by catterz at 13:50:13 20-11-2012

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 13:56:58 9,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's funny this whole 'quick scoping' thing, as on mine (PS3) I can't seem to get the aim anywhere near when I zoom, either on iron sights or scope! Auto-aim is enabled aswell :/
  • 1Dgaf 20 Nov 2012 14:44:31 3,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How does the lag compensation affect people that aren't hosting?

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• aeschylus 20 Nov 2012 14:53:13 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Last night I witnessed some loon charging round kniveing people, so what you think?

Well it was like something from the Matrix I watched my whole squad shooting at this guy and he was just not dying, at the end he had 54 kills 4 deaths!!

I presumed he had some sort of lag trick
  • Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 14:54:40 9,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hate those knife people :(
  • 1Dgaf 20 Nov 2012 14:57:14 3,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aeschylus

Isn't there a difference between lag switchers and problems inherent to the system?

Absolutely the devs should keep an eye on cheaters and hackers, but at the same time they have to look at issues they've created. I'm just not sure how those issues manifest.

Anyway, I got my copy. It did come with the Nuketown code.

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 14:59:51 9,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It can come with the Nuketown code, doesn't mean you'll play it any time soon ;)
  • 1Dgaf 20 Nov 2012 15:02:23 3,853 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, that's rotten of them. I don't care about the map really, but I thought if I could get it I might as well.

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 15:12:07 9,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not once played on it on BLOPs2, which i guess is more down to the fact I normally just join TDM games. I need some EGers to play this with.
  • andywilkie35 20 Nov 2012 15:17:06 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @catterz Definitely not complaining mate, really enjoying it! :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• javvyman 20 Nov 2012 15:27:14 709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tried some 3on3on3 last night, thought it was a brilliant mash-up of FFA and TDM, and I seem to get a game almost instantly.

Just need a couple to party up with now.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last