Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 25

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• Derblington 18 Nov 2012 14:15:33 21,630 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Complaining here won't raise awareness or get anything fixed, it'll just piss people off. Email Treyarch if you care that much.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 18 Nov 2012 14:18:23 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    sat in matchmaking...

searching for games (0 matches!?!)
    Waiting for the host.

Then it does a search

and goes right back to the above

and this is on 'best' connection preference.

£43 well spent. Utterly unacceptable. No other industry could get away with this kind of crap. Imagine if you went to the cinema and the movie wasn't finished.
    Not had a single problem with matchmaking. Not a single problem. If anything it is too fast as I haven't been able to create a loadout between matches like I used to.

You're internet is shit, stop blaming the game.
    you pig ignorant cunt, you don't even know how the game handles lag. Let me explain it so that a thick piece of turd like you can undestand, are you ready?
    the game makes the player lag if he has a lesser ping (ie a faster connection, you dumb fuck) than others. It throttles people for having a better connection.
    You fucking retarded dumb cunt.
    lol
  • OptimusPube 18 Nov 2012 14:22:13 3,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    sat in matchmaking...

Waiting for the host.

Then it does a search

£43 well spent. Utterly unacceptable. No other industry could get away with this kind of crap. Imagine if you went to the cinema and the movie wasn't finished.
    Not had a single problem with matchmaking. Not a single problem. If anything it is too fast as I haven't been able to create a loadout between matches like I used to.

you pig ignorant cunt, you don't even know how the game handles lag. Let me explain it so that a thick piece of turd like you can undestand, are you ready?
    the game makes the player lag if he has a lesser ping (ie a faster connection, you dumb fuck) than others. It throttles people for having a better connection.
    lol
    What a lovely place this is.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• Deleted user 18 November 2012 14:22:14
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    sat in matchmaking...

Waiting for the host.

Then it does a search

:'D

Your internet is shit and you are too inbred to realise. Game works fine here. Ladidadida

Edited by mowgli at 14:24:46 18-11-2012
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 18 Nov 2012 14:24:27 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Only played one game on the 360 but it connected seamlessly. :D

Angry young man posts are mint.
  • muttler 18 Nov 2012 14:24:49 4,036 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hahaha!
  • BillMurray 18 Nov 2012 14:43:42 7,742 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    sat in matchmaking...

Waiting for the host.

Then it does a search

Wow.

Derblington wrote:
    Don't ever believe the final kill cams; they're slowed down (the animations) but the system that governs the firing to hit detection isn't.

They are always "wrong" as a result, and you can't use that to prove anything else.
    I thought most people knew this!
  • Agent_Llama 18 Nov 2012 14:52:58 3,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Moving on...

Not keen on the Strike Force missions. The first one was a haphazard dash between each target, though the second was more fun. Still pretty jarring, takes you out of the game in an awkward way.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Derblington 18 Nov 2012 14:55:10 21,630 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've sorted my connection problem! Set it to search for best connections and it's now working fine. First game 21/2.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 18 Nov 2012 15:16:55 25,871 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, using the best connection option has resulted in me experiencing lag in 2 matches out of many, so far.
  • Derblington 18 Nov 2012 15:31:13 21,630 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Problem is, I'm not really feeling the game. There's something amiss with the MP and I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's just me.

I really don't like many of the maps this time around.
    The knife lunge is ridiculous; it's always been bad but it feels worse here.
    I cannot fathom why they've put quick-scoping back in.

The level design feels like every room has more entrances and exits than is necessary. On paper, this is fine. In practice, it increases the speed of the game to purposely be run'n'gun, and it means that it's more carousel than it's ever been. I liked BlOps most because it did away with that to an extent; focused more on methodical movement and with team play you could own a game. That's all gone, and it feels more similar to all the rest even with all the differences. It actually feels more like BF's TDM than CoD's TDM. It's lost the flow in favour of chaos.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 18 Nov 2012 15:36:04 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I really like that about Battlefield; the nature of the game allows you to be cautious in a way that COD doesn't.

Kills in Call of Duty are more rewarding though.
  • Rajin 18 Nov 2012 16:06:12 621 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Quick-scoping and some guns being inherently better then others(submachine guns really need less accuracy from a distance. If you have a Uzi in real life with 3 scopes it still wouldn't hit anything from a medium distance... in cod however....

The grenades are ridiculous, especially flashbangs, normal grenades have a very long fuse time making them almost worthless.

I do like the multiplayer, but feel it's on the same level as MW2(my brother bought it and i think i played with it for about 20 hours).

Would like to play with some other eurogamers on the PC. Add me(Irajin) if you're interested
  • JYM60 18 Nov 2012 16:55:20 16,827 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who is that ghost guy? Every post I see of his is retarded shit.

But yeah, this game is broken. For two days in a row now, after updating the game on ps3, I have just got server not available at this time. Every time I try to connect to mp. Totally broken mess, at least on ps3.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• liamthemaster 18 Nov 2012 17:03:46 1,600 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Isn't cod always broken on ps3 at launch I can remember the same thing when blops 1 came out.
  • aeschylus 18 Nov 2012 18:42:09 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    so who has prestiged yet?

this double XP weekend meant I went from level 26 to 52, so I am not sure it was the best move, though I appreciate that technically there are 11 prestiges to do...

I do wish they put Nuketown into rotation and not just play nuketown over and over again, though Domination on Nuketown is insane
  • xero521 18 Nov 2012 19:13:16 160 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Been online all day on my ps3 and its been fine apart from one game,so wouldnt say its broken! This is the best cod for me since mordern warfare loving thr scorestreak system
  • Deleted user 18 November 2012 19:15:05
    Really liking this game.

Bar the strike team missions.
  • aeschylus 18 Nov 2012 19:39:57 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    it is dissapointing to see quick scoping is becoming prevalent, hopefully they will nerf it
  • jagg3r 18 Nov 2012 19:46:23 1,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    aeschylus wrote:
    it is dissapointing to see quick scoping is becoming prevalent, hopefully they will nerf it
    Have to agree, was really enjoying this all week but the quick scoping is taking over since the weekend and kinda ruining it.
  • aeschylus 18 Nov 2012 19:54:01 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oh, my tip for Nuketown is wear a fecking Flak Jacket
  • king26 18 Nov 2012 20:51:20 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bought this yesterday, my first CoD since WaW. But my new place hasn't got internet until I come back from army exercise (next year!). Im enjoying the campaign, it's the best in an fps I've played in q long time but im desperate to get back into online gaming. Glad to see BO2 is looking good online.
  • aeschylus 18 Nov 2012 21:25:43 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LMAO

I finally got enough kills for my K9 scorestreak, Jesus that was funny, I had deaths coming in from all over the place, there was dogs everywhere
  • itinkuravinalaff 19 Nov 2012 08:27:19 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well im ranked up to 40 and my free 2 week sub finishes tomorrow, got it with halo 4, thanks Microsoft, but tank da lord because need a break, its fecking relentless and when your 50 it takes it out of you because I'm so competitive. What I mean is I dunt play for fun, I play to win and these maps are bit too fast and furious. Back to nice slow singleplayer game for me.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 19 Nov 2012 12:01:58 1,194 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Complaining here won't raise awareness or get anything fixed, it'll just piss people off. Email Treyarch if you care that much.
    The previous two CoD games have had major problems for some regarding multiplayer connections, though. Black Ops felt very skewed online for me. I could still get the odd decent game but for the most part was very frustrating despite usually having either a consistent 4 bars or pulling host. It meant switching playstyles from previous games where I would get in the thick of the action, to playing much more cautiously. All because if I was in a situation where I didn't get the first few shots off on the enemy, then I was done for. MW3 took it stage further and was virtually unplayable for me. Both games have huge threads full of people having those problems on the official forums with pagecounts going into the hundreds.
    People who haven't regularly been on the receiving end of this lag compensation seem to have some real difficulties realising just how bad it is. I know lag compensation has been a part of online gaming for years, but this was taken to some weird extreme.
    For the most part it feels like you're anywhere between 0.25 and 0.5 seconds behind some players, which in a game with really short killtimes like CoD make all the difference.

Anyway, I'm cautiously enjoying this as it feels much fairer than both of the past two games. Any of the random online bollocks seems to be mainly when I don't have the full 4 bars, rather than the other way around.

Edited by Br0ken_Engli5h at 12:04:48 19-11-2012
  • 1Dgaf 19 Nov 2012 14:47:41 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've ordered a copy from Amazon. They've got two versions listed for the same price - standard and one whose box image shows Nuketown.

The box image doesn't count as the official listing, but since it didn't cost me anything extra I went with that one. If I don't get Nuketown, I'm not fussed.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• psychokitten Moderator 19 Nov 2012 14:59:21 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Problem is, I'm not really feeling the game. There's something amiss with the MP and I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's just me.
    Not just you. I got it to dabble a bit, and trade/swap for something when I've had my fill. I'm enjoying it.. ish... online, but something feels wrong. The knifing is definitely ridiculous for sure.

It'll probably be my go-to game for solo Multiplayer stuff for a little while (I play Halo 4 and BF3 with friends), but I can't see me sticking with it too long. It just feels a bit off somehow, but I can't put my finger on why either.
  • Rajin 19 Nov 2012 15:04:23 621 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @psychokitten

If you've played MW2, do you prefer it to BLOPS 2? Currently i do, i've almost put 12 hours into the game compared to a total 23 of MW2 online.

Haven't yet tried the campaign but i am expecting a improvement on the previous installments(MW2 campaign was horrible)

Edited by Rajin at 15:04:41 19-11-2012
  • Ultrasoundwave 19 Nov 2012 15:04:39 3,304 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    aeschylus wrote:
    LMAO

I finally got enough kills for my K9 scorestreak, Jesus that was funny, I had deaths coming in from all over the place, there was dogs everywhere
    Without this guy shouting "DOGS!, COMING RIGHT AT US!", im plain not interested :

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• psychokitten Moderator 19 Nov 2012 15:44:47 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rajin wrote:
    @psychokitten

If you've played MW2, do you prefer it to BLOPS 2? Currently i do, i've almost put 12 hours into the game compared to a total 23 of MW2 online.

So far I prefer MW2, though timing wise I didn't get into that massively at the time, that I can recall, certainly a lot less than MW1. Skipped MW3.
    It's not bad or anything, it just isn't really working for me right now, but I'm not going to quit just yet.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last