Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 37

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• Sunno 30 Jan 2013 16:30:30 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Could being against lots of high ranks be due to the fact that it was double xp weekend so a lot of people levelled up?
  • Madder-Max 30 Jan 2013 16:46:44 11,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Having played every other CoD to death, I and my group of mates that normally play CoD have given up on BO2 because of the spawning.

It's overly aggressive and almost impossible to defend a spot on the map as enemies will spawn on top of you constantly. I'm a camper and I love to just turtle into a corner protected by claymores or bouncing bettys but that's not a viable strategy on BO2 which for me is really disappointing.

All of which is a shame as I like of what they've done with the game.
    I'm an lmg camper with 2 bouncing bettys and the maps it works on for me are hijacked, standoff, plaza and turbine. The other maps I cannot stand as u have top run and gun which is something I'm very bad at!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• L_Franko Moderator 30 Jan 2013 17:05:54 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've never found playing against the run and gun lot that much of a problem. I am not a camper and would not be able to keep up with the run and gun lot so I just slow my game down. If you just expect there to be someone around every corner, behind every obsticle or looking out of every window you are ready to pull the trigger as soon as they get in your sights. The majority of my kills are from people running around a corner straight into my sights.
    Flashbangs are also great as it slows their controls.
  • motti82 30 Jan 2013 18:16:09 2,879 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HairyArse, you are welcome to play with my lot of hardcore tdm team anytime.

I agree, you can't camp one area due to the map design but you can control areas with some teamwork. Standoff for example, keep hold of the blue building and the kebab shop and surroundings, win each time.
  • neilqpr 31 Jan 2013 16:51:46 2,844 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've got a blops avatar hat code that came with my Live re-sub, if anyone wants it let me know.
  • RyanDS 31 Jan 2013 17:16:07 9,237 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played up to level 35 using my normal set up of assault rifle and shotgun as a secondary.

Tried last night with a light machine gun to see something different.

Holy fuck! How do people play with those? Worst games I have ever had. Is it worth persevering or should I just not bother?
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 17:23:22
    HairyArse wrote:
    Having played every other CoD to death, I and my group of mates that normally play CoD have given up on BO2 because of the spawning.

It's overly aggressive and almost impossible to defend a spot on the map as enemies will spawn on top of you constantly. I'm a camper and I love to just turtle into a corner protected by claymores or bouncing bettys but that's not a viable strategy on BO2 which for me is really disappointing.

All of which is a shame as I like of what they've done with the game.
    Oh what a shame, they have designed it to prevent camping bastards. I hate campers, the most annoying thing in a mp game. In bf3 sometimes a sniper can contribute to the game because of their equipment. A camper in a game like bo2 is just scum. The gutter snipe, the slime and grime that collects in old disused tube stations and stuff growing in skanky pub toilets. Vile people.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 17:28:46
    Being able to hold and properly defend a position or objective is a core part of playing a first-person-shooter well.

What do you know anyway? You're a woman. I bet you just look at the sky and spin around in circles.
  • Derblington 31 Jan 2013 17:34:04 21,500 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Campers in CoD are as useful as any other style. Because of the set-up of the game and the levels, they are easy to outgun as long as you possess the smallest amount of common sense. They certainly don't damage the game in any way. In BF3, they will regularly lose games for you as they break the team play entirely, and losing ground is far more detrimental.

The problem with the BlOps2 maps, as I see them, is that they now only support run'n'gun. If you don't play that way you have no place. That's the most detrimental change they could have made for me, and they have. They've turned the game into a super-speed, run around as fast as possible and shoot people in the back because they aren't aware you're there game. There were always elements of this in CoD, largely due to the decreased fov, but now there doesn't seem to be anything else.

edit: AND! They're rewarding it with the DLC weapon. I don't understand Treyarch at all. BlOps was superb but they've undone all the work they did there, and ignored all the learnings, and just made a game with worse faults. Makes no sense to me.

Edited by Derblington at 17:37:36 31-01-2013
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 17:35:19
    You camp in team deathmatch. What you said is different, if you were playing say rush in bf3 and you were defending an m com that is fair. Just camping in tdm is pussy, camping in tdm and laying down mines everywhere is just gutter behaviour. Pure cowardice. You may as well go trip up little old ladies on their way into bingo you scum.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 17:37:50
    I assume the men with the smallest penises are the campers of the battle.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 17:38:12
    I'll put you over my knee.
  • ronuds 31 Jan 2013 17:56:30 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pepsipop has a good point, though. Campers are generally bad people who engage in devious behaviour.

I always imagine the camper thinks he's all great, too. Smug bastards.
  • aeschylus 31 Jan 2013 18:06:14 446 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have notice on these new maps it seems to be full of hard core players, not getting anywhere near the scores I use to, and the new maps are so fast...

On the subject of camping and more specifically snipers, have they nerfed that quick scoping, as I hardly see any snipers now?
  • Madder-Max 31 Jan 2013 18:18:54 11,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Quick scoping bastards are the worst. I don't play tdm cos I get slaughtered every time. Mostly play hardpoint providing cover and checking my 6 with bouncing bettys. Usually rack up some decent score streaks and kills

• Madder-Max 31 Jan 2013 18:20:57 11,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RyanDS definatley worth it for when u can have target finder, stock and fmj

• ronuds 31 Jan 2013 18:22:10 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is quick scope so lethal because of auto aim?
  • killersrquiet 31 Jan 2013 22:15:13 1,960 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Is quick scope so lethal because of auto aim?
    The auto aim certainly helps. I'm more a battlefield player but I like a quick game of cod if I want a laugh.

Just watch some quick scope videos on YouTube and you see them running around using the sniper rifle like an SMG. My battlefield brain just laughs at cod sometimes.

Edited by killersrquiet at 22:15:46 31-01-2013
  • Madder-Max 1 Feb 2013 14:01:03 11,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    League play is even worse now. No uavs or bouncing bettys, but u can use smoke, nades, concussion etc. They create a game that apeals more to the tactical player and then follow the headless chicken morons with 'community feedback'. Wasn't asked for my feedback.

A few run and gunners crying about not spotting bouncing bettys?

• Physically_Insane 1 Feb 2013 14:42:09 8,755 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Black Ops 2 didn't change it into run 'n gun, that was MW3.
  • Derblington 1 Feb 2013 15:14:59 21,500 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, I can play MW3 fine. BlOps2 has gone further than MW3 did.
  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 15:16:36
    I agree with Derbs. I too could play MW3 well. I'm terrible at Black Ops2.
  • robc84 1 Feb 2013 15:50:30 5,483 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have to say I agree with the run 'n gun issue. I'm no camper, but in previous cods if you were having a bad game on say domination, you could hang back and defend A or C and still be helping your team while you got your mojo back. On Blops 2 you cant do that as you just get shot in the back. Always getting getting shot in the back....
  • Elathron 1 Feb 2013 15:58:57 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @robc84 - Yeah, spawns suck on this. I've ended up playing mercenary as I@m sick to death of coming up against parties of players who work together. While I'm stuck on a team of squeeky kids who can't even tie their own shoelaces. I defend a point and (without camping as some people seemingly hate that viable tactic which is used in RL to great effect) all of a sudden the enemy spawns behind me as the rest of the team have gone running off to the other end of the map instead of defending A & B. Gets fairly irksome when that happens.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Derblington 1 Feb 2013 16:00:55 21,500 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's the thing ^. I can't get a good run anymore because I'm constantly shot in the back. I'm not great but I'm certainly competent and I'm capable of solid 30+/0 scores.
    Spawns have always been that way, with a flow to the map, so that I can understand and I can learn from it; to predict the flow of the battle.

The problem is that, now, you are always vulnerable from being shot in the back. It's all about run'n'gun with the fastest trigger fingers. That was only ever a part of the game before but now it's the most dominant. It's all in the level design, and, imo, it sucks.
  • robc84 1 Feb 2013 16:04:22 5,483 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So true. Randoms do tend to suck. The amount of times I've thrown a smoke on B and jumped on it hoping my teammates would follow suit only for them to stand there and watch me die just as i'm a second away from capturing it! Not a fault of the game per se but still frustrating.

I also preferred the slower pace of Blops1. Made it a bit more tactical. Blops2 is so fast you don't get time to think
  • robc84 1 Feb 2013 16:08:17 5,483 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Derblington Agreed.

I have had had pretty good stats on the last couple of cods. But on this I just suck. I'll have a decent game where I am top scorer then next game I'll go 0/10 cos the spawns and lag screw me over. Swings and roundabouts I suppose. But so much depends on things that are out of your control. Which is frustrating.
  • Elathron 1 Feb 2013 16:15:33 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @robc84 - I'll second that. Team-mates seem to be the main reason why I end up getting killed. I mean, in an objective mode... Surely go for the objectives as well as the kills? Like I say, squeeky kids :lol:

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• killersrquiet 1 Feb 2013 17:48:39 1,960 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The spawn system and hit detection are very poor in this game.

I also get shot in the back constantly its even more annoying when its the player you just shot 5 seconds earlier

Edited by killersrquiet at 17:49:49 01-02-2013
  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 18:22:11
    Why are you complaining? Cod has been essentially an arcade game for a few years now. If you want more tactical or realistic games there are several brilliant shooters that provide that fix. Cod is a manic, very non realistic shooter.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last