Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 36

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• RyanDS 29 Jan 2013 10:11:52 9,388 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Alipan wrote:
    There was a patch at the weekend, lots of changes but most significant are probably:

Sub Machine Guns – now less powerful
    Assault Rifles – now more powerful
    LMG – quicker to raise and lower

Sounds about right to me.

Full details here:
    http://www.trueachievements.com/n12090/cod-black-ops-ii-title-patch.htm

That might explain why I was so shit yesterday. I was unloading whole clips into people and they weren't dropping.
  • Pazie 29 Jan 2013 10:19:21 228 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Revolution DLC pack is due out today. I have the Season Pass and have just now checked to see if I can download it yet, but can't find the DLC anywhere. Is there a time today when it will be released or am I not looking in the right place.
  • S.J.Rogers 29 Jan 2013 10:25:30 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am guessing that it will be out around 16:00 this evening.

That is the time that the Double XP started on Friday and its like that so the American players and us can all download at the same time...
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 10:25:34
    I dont know is the short answer but most new DLC and games usually arrive about lunchtime right?

Think I will pick them up later - still cant decide whether to get the season pass though.
  • L_Franko Moderator 29 Jan 2013 10:25:42 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It will probably be released after 12 but there is no set time as far as i'm aware. I'm currently waiting too.
  • Pazie 29 Jan 2013 10:29:05 228 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks Guys. I'll check again after midday.
  • L_Franko Moderator 29 Jan 2013 13:59:42 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Map pack up. 1.8gig.
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 14:33:15
    Anyone tried the new maps yet?

Any how long did they take to download???
  • S.J.Rogers 29 Jan 2013 14:37:39 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am quite looking forward to trying the new gun.

Apparently its half way between a sub-machine gun and an assault rifle. Does that make it a sub-assault..? pew pew pew...

New maps are very much required.
  • L_Franko Moderator 29 Jan 2013 14:39:24 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Taken about an hour to download. Not tried the maps yet.
  • L_Franko Moderator 29 Jan 2013 14:42:42 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A live stream of the new maps will be on the home page at 3pm.
  • Pazie 29 Jan 2013 22:02:00 228 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Taken about an hour to download. Not tried the maps yet.
    Wish mine did. It took nearly 3 hours for me, but it all depends on your connection. Mine not being very good.

Maps are very good and the new SMG gun is very enjoyable to use.
  • motti82 30 Jan 2013 07:50:16 2,890 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First impressions, very good maps. Some small, some massive. No killer sightlines but lots of cover/rat runs to utilise. The Peacekeeper is a cracker, reminds me of a more lightweight SCAR-H. It sounds beastly as well.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 07:58:42
    Have they fixed the spawning yet?
  • S.J.Rogers 30 Jan 2013 08:48:36 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow...

I will admit that i AM one of those CoD fans and really enjoy a good game, even though i am not all that good. Playing with a few friends in the evening and having a chat is just good fun.

Been looking forward to these new maps and i am very pleased to say that the are REALLY good.
    Each one plays in a different way and work very well on Domination. They are all very pretty and well designed to benefit all types of gun, from the snipers hiding in the shadows to the SMG runner, dodging through the buildings.

The Peacekeeper is fantastic and may well become my gun of choice. I am a Assault Rifle player for the most part but this new SMG just feels right and works SO well in all situations.

All in all a really good addition to a game i really enjoy..!
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 09:03:45
    Thought I would hate the skate park but it might be my favorite. Mirage also seems good but I only got to play it once.

Hydro seemed a bit basic and the snow map was smaller than I was hoping.

Bit frustrating last night though as people kept baling out of lobbies if the new maps didn’t come up.

The new gun is a viable option – bridges the gap between an SMG and assault rifle.

Havent really had any problems with spawning – the odd spawn kill here and there I suppose.
    Spawning seems standard COD – depends on the map but if you die it tries to give you a chance of revenge. If you die again it puts you further back?
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 09:15:06
    Having played every other CoD to death, I and my group of mates that normally play CoD have given up on BO2 because of the spawning.

It's overly aggressive and almost impossible to defend a spot on the map as enemies will spawn on top of you constantly. I'm a camper and I love to just turtle into a corner protected by claymores or bouncing bettys but that's not a viable strategy on BO2 which for me is really disappointing.

All of which is a shame as I like of what they've done with the game.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 09:24:13
    Yeah I used to like holding a spot with a claymore or bouncing betty as well.

Unfortunately with perks like engineer and 'black hat' its ridiculously easy to break through someones defences so it doesnt really work at all in this game.

Have you tried hardcore mode? - thats a bit more campy.

Edited by Alipan at 09:25:06 30-01-2013
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 09:27:44
    Yeah, played plenty of hardcore, too.
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Jan 2013 10:19:32 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think all four maps in the dlc are great. Really like the Hydro map it has a good flow to it to keep the action going and the timed event is a nice touch.

Mirage looks brilliant and has loads of little areas, door ways and windows to get the jump on people.

Skate Park for me was a bit daunting to start off with and I wasn't sure I'd like it but after getting my arse handed to me things started to fit in place.

The snow level is good for snipers as there are one or two long line of sight sections but these are easily avoided by taking the paths around the boundary of the map.
    Avoid the cable cars, they will run you down if you get in their path.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 10:22:28
    L_Franko wrote:
    Really like the Hydro map it has a good flow to it
    Ba-dum - Tschh...
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Jan 2013 10:59:48 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh. I'm that busy with work today I didn't even notice that while I was writing it out.
  • Pazie 30 Jan 2013 14:34:06 228 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Alipan wrote:
    Bit frustrating last night though as people kept baling out of lobbies if the new maps didn’t come up.
    If you play the Revolution mode then all you will get to play are the new maps.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 14:46:03
    Yeah exactly - I think a lot of people just didnt realise you could do that.
  • aeschylus 30 Jan 2013 14:50:23 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is the problem of buying a season pass, and it is not that the maps are that bad, it is just I had stopped playing before Xmas, and now I feel I should play as I paid for the damn pass....

Lesson learned there....

What I have noticed is there is no more new players, all the emblems I am seeing are for those on various pretiges
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 14:56:50
    I noticed that as well last night - every lobby I was in was packed full of high ranks.

Wasnt like that last week though. Can only assume if you have a season pass it puts you in a seperate loop with other season pass holders and they tend to be the higher players??
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Jan 2013 15:18:56 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't have the pass and all I was getting were Prestiged players yesterday, all day. Most of them at least level 3. Couldn't work out why.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 15:33:22
    You have the maps though right? Same principle - it puts you in lobbies with other people who have the map pack and they tend to be the people who play a lot.

Just a theory. I know on original blops if I joined a friends game I would frequently get booted out of the lobby when a map I didnt own came up. Thats what made me think the game groups people in this way??
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Jan 2013 16:09:36 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok that does make sense. Maybe in the next few days the more casual players will have the maps and I wont get my arse handed to me by the die hards.
  • Derblington 30 Jan 2013 16:20:33 21,642 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've just tried again but I can't get on with this game at all. The level design is just crap in almost every map. They've really tried to force you into moving around the map and it's terrible.

I love the old games, and BlOps has my favourite MP, but it's like a different company made this.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last