Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• Folant 11 May 2012 16:55:46 1,143 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Question. Fortune Hunters Club. Still on the store, but I've read that it 'closed its doors' on 17th April?

But it's still there. Means I can still get it, aye?

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Greasemonkey 11 May 2012 17:02:32 46 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I noticed it was still on the store so i grabbed it last week.
    I got all the packs released so far and some other stuff, so yeah worked fine for me.
  • Folant 11 May 2012 17:05:50 1,143 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Minted. Skins don't bother me too much but if I can save a fiver on the rest, all good.

Cheers!

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Rens11 20 May 2012 18:06:10 1,254 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Having a problem with the online registered the code I got with it new months ago and its worked fine until now I try playing it asks me to redeem a code to play multiplayer any suggestions?

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• HisDudness 20 May 2012 18:08:22 919 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    maybe you accidentally deleted it? Try re-downloading it from your download list.
  • Rens11 20 May 2012 18:14:34 1,254 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sorted had to redownload my network pass for some reason cheers

Edited by Rens11 at 18:16:08 20-05-2012

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Greasemonkey 24 May 2012 17:33:47 46 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really enjoying the multiplayer in this but I dont get a chance to play it that often.
    If anyone is looking for a part time buddy for the multiplayer then please add me Cupidstunt73.
    Lastly im crap at it drink loads of beer while i play and have a foul mouth,
    Mmm maybe thats not the best sales pitch to find a buddy.
    Got mic and Fortune hunters pack.
  • berryl227 26 Jun 2012 21:44:40 106 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished this tonight. Have to say after a mediocre start it really hit its stride and felt like classic uncharted! Probably helped by the fact I picked up a 3d tv and glasses at about the half way mark.

The 3d in this really brings the game and environments to life. So much going to have a 2nd play through again.
  • greg_wha 26 Jun 2012 22:06:27 163 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @berryl227 Ditto; finished it tonight. Played the whole trilogy in the last 2 weeks or so and loved them all. 2 > 1 > 3, I reckon. Also Chloe > Elena.
  • super_monty 5 Jul 2012 15:59:54 51 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am doing an online meet for this on monday the 8th 8pm if anyone is up for it?
  • DUFFKING 1 Aug 2012 13:13:47 6,489 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tried doing another playthrough of this, and I can't. I've played through 2 a few times as it's always fun, but this just doesn't hold my attention at all.

I think it's probably that the pacing is pretty poor and the story is just flat out bad. Not one element of the story the game hints at being major (the spiders, talbot surviving being shot, marlowe placing the tarot card on cutter etc) comes to anything (even the everyone questioning drakes motivations doesn't matter, they just follow him in anyway), and entire sections of the game make absolutely no sense at all, specifically the entire part involving the pirates.

Why are the pirates bluffing that they have sully, why do they do it again when drake's on the cruise ship, why did they tie drake up on an old boat miles away from the pirate's flagship, why are there literally hundreds of armed goons patrolling this area with no purpose other than for drake to shoot, and why would they place turrets in the center of totally enclosed areas facing into their own territory?

UC2's plot was dumb, sure, but at it engaged.
  • JCHilton 1 Aug 2012 14:07:08 1,431 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zombies in the first game.
    Magical Troll men in the second.
    Occult ubermensch and The Mummy Returns spiders in the third.

They need something to string the set pieces along; with a game that tries so hard to emmulate Blockbuster Hollywood, I don't think one should place the story too high on their list of concerns.

But I do agree, I think Uncharted 2 is the better game :) (If only all those contextual animations could be patched into Uncharted 2!)

Edited by JCHilton at 14:16:52 01-08-2012
  • Triggerhappytel 1 Aug 2012 14:11:31 2,664 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The pirates were definitely crowbarred into Drake 3. I get the feeling that they came up with this amazing sinking ship set-piece then had to think of a way to make it fit into the plot.
  • chrisno21 1 Aug 2012 23:54:09 1,352 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    The pirates were definitely crowbarred into Drake 3. I get the feeling that they came up with this amazing sinking ship set-piece then had to think of a way to make it fit into the plot.
    Quite probably. But it is an amazing piece!

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Martok- 14 Aug 2012 11:47:42 2 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The latest 1.13 update is interesting. I like some aspects of it such as the additional trophies for the DLC and the fixes and balance tweaks they have made.

I'm not convinced on the Tournament mode, which essentially is a way to generate more income with players having to buy more tickets once they've used their 10 free ones per tournament. I'm also not sure about the additional custom parts, some of which you have to purchase and others that have additional 'abilities' linked to them. This could lead to the hardcore players who have everything unlocked and are very good at the game already being even more difficult to beat by those who play more casually.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Experimental Block Mesh Lab Maps are like and hope there's potential in these. I would have liked to see some more 'proper' maps being released though.

www.seniorgamers.net - Senior Gamers, a mature gaming community for PS3 players.

• StixxUK 27 Nov 2012 23:07:06 7,170 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just started playing this recently after grabbing it in Blockbuster's ridicul-o-sale.

It's basically one giant set piece, isn't it? I mean the sounds are very nice and the pictures are very pretty and the script is all witty (for a game) and the gameplay is inoffensive enough. I do like the puzzles very much and at least it isn't too hard, kind of a switch your brain off and enjoy kind of game.

Might have to give the multiplayer a spin, hadn't even occurred to me that part of it might be good, but seems to have some good press round these parts...
  • Widge Moderator 29 Nov 2012 10:46:06 12,595 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    Quite probably. But it is an amazing piece!
    Apparently that is how they do the games. Lots of set pieces designed first, plot to tie it all together.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Roddy100 17 Jan 2013 19:49:31 704 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have been playing this for the first time (in 3D) and have been throughly engrossed. Trying not to put too much thought into the aforementioned plot holes and just enjoying the ride.

I completed the sinking cruise ship sequence last night and my jaw was on the floor. It was genius! I don't think anything in Uncharted 2 amazed me quite as much as that. Or maybe my memory is just foggy.
  • mcmothercruncher 24 Jan 2013 17:48:45 5,712 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know, I'm late to the party, but picked this up in the HMV scalper sale and, boy, I'm disappointed.
    It's like they amplified all of the infuriating bits of the previous two games to make a third that is, amazing graphics aside, the poorest of the three. Why don't Naughty Dog cut to the chase and just make a sodding film?
    Very regular moments when control is taken from me, endless hand holding, QTE's like its the mid 90's, even more ludicrous jumps, utterly predictable set pieces (what, I just picked something up/unlocked something and my moment of triumph is going to be spoiled by a load of goons walking in and taking it from me? Oh, that pipe I'm climbing is loose? Floor about to fall in? Enemies waiting for me at the end of that long corridor? Ugh). When you get to the end of the long Indiana Jones lite "event" you have to sit through, the gunplay is even worse than Uncharted 1 and 2. Most offensive of all, there is absolutely zero sense of jeapardy- the kid's escape on the rooftops where I just endlessly died and re-started, sometimes seconds apart, was laughable.
    It's a game where the motion capture, the sound, the graphics and the story have all been assigned more importance than the moment to moment gameplay. It's a perfect example of where most big budget games have gone wrong this generation.
    I platinum'd 1 easily and loved every moment, struggled more to platinum 2 but just about made it. This though, I'm giving it a few more hours, but I think I'd rather do the ironing :(
  • Short-Round 25 May 2013 17:18:47 1,113 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What the hell have they done to Uncharted, this game is a broken mess. Everything from collision detection, AI constantly getting in your way, just moving Drake around (he doesn't so much walk as stagger everywhere, so it's a pain just moving about), and game breaking bugs like a weapon disappearing from your hands (it'll still show the animation for firing, but there's no sound or any effect from the 'phantom' gun, forcing a reset). I only completed 1 and 2 recently, which were brilliant, but this is just awful to play _
  • mcmothercruncher 25 May 2013 17:43:10 5,712 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I completely agree, I absolutely HATED the oh-so-clever movement animation, like most of the game, it forgot that interacting with it should be fun first and foremost. I felt like a passenger in a movie half the time.
    If that style carries over to The Last of Us too it'll totally wreck it for me personally.
  • minimong 26 May 2013 00:38:46 37 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Short-Round
    Never had any of that, you must have been unlucky.
  • ecureuil 26 May 2013 01:06:02 76,011 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    I completely agree, I absolutely HATED the oh-so-clever movement animation, like most of the game, it forgot that interacting with it should be fun first and foremost. I felt like a passenger in a movie half the time.
    If that style carries over to The Last of Us too it'll totally wreck it for me personally.
    I disagree, I love it. Makes the character feel like part of the environment rather than floating on top of it. The new Tomb Raider emulated this and did a great job of it. UC3 had some problems, but this wasn't one of them.
  • Widge Moderator 24 Jun 2013 10:40:25 12,595 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just dipped into this last night and played the opening section and prologue part. I think it eases you into the game in a much more satisfying way than Uncharted 2 - I don't think the stealth aspect was particularly well paced.

One thing I do like is the visual style. Having come from a big fat wadge of PC gaming, I'm not wowed by flashy polygon pushing. What I am impressed with is the direction and use in the Uncharted games.

With the PS3 being a bedroom box at the moment, I'm not on it too much, but it has given me an appetite to have a look into The Last Of Us.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Chopsen 24 Jun 2013 10:59:41 15,161 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was not exactly blown away by 3 tbh.The 3rd one is polished visually but gets a bit meh towards the end as a game, and the story unravels a bit. 2 is by far the best, a brilliant game.

Last of Us is silly good, so stop wasting your time on this and get going with that.
  • CharlieStCloud 10 Jul 2013 13:40:00 4,660 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Help me out please?

... downloaded Uncharted 3 after being kindly given a 30 days PS+ pass and upon cancelling the download because 38GB is way too much, I now have four separate 'files'.

I assume you only need to download the single player and 2D movies file(s)?

Ta to whoever helps!
  • spindle9988 10 Jul 2013 13:45:03 3,367 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can leave the 3d files if you arent playing in that format. Could leave out multiplayer as well
  • RyanDS 10 Jul 2013 13:50:48 8,699 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You need multiplayer to make it work.

So download...
    Multiplayer
    Single player
    2d movies
  • thefilthandthefury 10 Jul 2013 15:37:29 24,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mine downloaded of its own accord, while I was asleep... does this mean it'll have just gone and grabbed the lot? 2D AND 3D?
  • dominalien 10 Jul 2013 15:38:40 6,741 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, you need three parts; you can leave out 2d or 3d movies, but both single player and multiplayer are required (plus one of the movies files).

Edit: that's at what spindle wrote, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Edited by dominalien at 15:40:19 10-07-2013

PSN: DonOsito

• Page

of 3 First / Last