Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 27

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• Reacher 28 Sep 2012 09:01:06 831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DarthKebab Thanks. I took you up on this and did them before my mate came round to start our annual ML, turns out I was using Square instead of X to foot in.

However, I still prefer to use the L2 (changed special controls) button to manually stand off the defender to get in to position, as the AI one when holding down X was crap.

You fixed my defending though, so thanks again ;)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 28 Sep 2012 09:02:18 25,828 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Once again this generations football games have left me cold. The current constant push for “realism” just sucks the fun straight out of these things. IT’S BORING.
  • Reacher 28 Sep 2012 09:07:36 831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes It depends what you enjoy.

I enjoy the game for it's attempts at realism.

ION : I'm glad that you can score distance goals again, racked in a beauty with Krancjar last night from a good 35 yards daisy cutter, and a rasper in to the top corner with Darron Gibson's first touch from miles out.
  • megastar 28 Sep 2012 09:30:04 17,186 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This game is kicking my arse. I had over 20 shots against Arsenal yesterday, Arsenal had only 6 shots. I lost 4-0!!!

It was like there was this forcefield around the goal mouth, and when I did get a shot on target they ended up being mildly tapped into the goalies hands, or slowly floated into the goalies hands.

JUST TWAT IT!!!!!
  • Dougs 28 Sep 2012 09:33:25 67,687 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Not a gameplay issue, but does anyone know if you can turn off auto-save?

Everytime the calendar stops I have to wait about a minute while it saves ML data, then system data. It wouldn't bother so me so much if it was only after every game, but every time the calndar stops?? It took me about an hour to get through two weeks of the transfer window, and I hadn't even played any games!

I've had a look in general settings but cant see it there.
    Yeah, should be able to. Sure I have in the past, but not looked this year admittedly. Another one of my whinges is the Secretary/scouting report. I DON'T FUCKING CARE!

@SCH - you should try last year's PES. Loads of fun.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 28 Sep 2012 09:36:50 25,828 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there a button to trigger teammate off the ball runs?

PES always used to be really good at this, but my squad juast seem to stand around when they don't have the ball in this, which makes attempts to stop every match descending into a massive middle of the park scrap futile.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 28 Sep 2012 09:38:09 25,828 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or alternatively can you set run mentality in the tactics screen, which I think you always used to be able to?
  • robc84 28 Sep 2012 09:40:49 5,605 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    Not a gameplay issue, but does anyone know if you can turn off auto-save?

Everytime the calendar stops I have to wait about a minute while it saves ML data, then system data. It wouldn't bother so me so much if it was only after every game, but every time the calndar stops?? It took me about an hour to get through two weeks of the transfer window, and I hadn't even played any games!

I've had a look in general settings but cant see it there.
    Yeah, should be able to. Sure I have in the past, but not looked this year admittedly. Another one of my whinges is the Secretary/scouting report. I DON'T FUCKING CARE!

@SCH - you should try last year's PES. Loads of fun.
    I had my secretary tell me that Stoke were going to play a possession game and that I should consider playing the long ball game to counter it. I am playing as Spurs.

Think they may have got a bit confused there....
  • jamievilla 28 Sep 2012 09:48:32 535 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Is there a button to trigger teammate off the ball runs?

PES always used to be really good at this, but my squad juast seem to stand around when they don't have the ball in this, which makes attempts to stop every match descending into a massive middle of the park scrap futile.
    Triggering off the ball runs is clicking the right stick and then moving the stick in the direction you want them to run.

I think you can also make it manual, so you can also control the other player with the right stick, while still controlling the other with the left. It can be a little hit and miss though, had a few where it doesn't seem to have registered.

Anyone else played MLO yet? I'm loving it so far (aside from playing someone who had Ronaldo & Messi last night when I've basically got the Villa reserve team, just long ball city grrr.) But I'm enjoying it, the rival league thing looks like a good idea so far, potential to unbalance though.
  • Dougs 28 Sep 2012 10:53:55 67,687 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    robc84 wrote:

I had my secretary tell me that Stoke were going to play a possession game and that I should consider playing the long ball game to counter it. I am playing as Spurs.

Think they may have got a bit confused there....
    I don't know why they bother with all that. Frustrating and just slows it all down. And now there's no league option, if you want to play a season, it'll take forever....
  • robc84 28 Sep 2012 11:00:26 5,605 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It is pretty pointless. I'm constantly being told my next game is against X, check your game plan. Of course I'll check my game plan, I dont need to waste 5 mins by you telling me to do it!

I guess we have always had to put up with things like this on PES. Its part of its charm!
  • Dougs 28 Sep 2012 11:21:01 67,687 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just checked - no option to turn off auto-save, weird.

Guess you're right, used to baffle me back in the old days where it was even less clear what on earth the menus said!
  • DarthKebab 28 Sep 2012 11:25:02 403 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The presentation is absolutely woeful, always has been, hopefully the London studio that is being formed will add something, the awful translation and monotonous black backgrounds have to go, it is jarring to experience what EA have done, granted they have licenses which helps.
  • robc84 28 Sep 2012 11:29:08 5,605 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've done a bit of research re the auto save problem. Apparently when it tells you at the start that it is going to auto save you can press circle and turn it off. But then if you when you go to save it asks you to auto save again and if you say no it doesn't save.

So basically it cant be turned off. It makes you wonder whether anyone actually tests these games before release. Its not exactly a game breaker but they could make things run so much smoother with a bit of common sense!
  • Dougs 28 Sep 2012 11:45:13 67,687 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Daft. As DK says, hopefully a UK-based studio will help with the presentational issues that whilst shouldn't matter, are really irritating
  • StarchildHypocrethes 28 Sep 2012 11:49:44 25,828 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like the little press conferences when you sign a player.

The "Blue Steel" pose follwed by a thumbs up and seeing them in your kit adds a bit of flavour.
  • Reacher 28 Sep 2012 11:55:49 831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    One of the things that they have taken out, which left my and my mate slightly bewildered, was the lack of ability to " select sides" prior to a match in anything other than exhibition mode.

We always do the ML and others as teammates and at the start of every match, have to pause the game and select "select sides" to move the controller over for player 2. Now, this is really annoying, as you never had to do it in earlier versions ( they took it out sometime at the start of the next gen editions), so someone has taken the decision to look at that, and think " yeah, they won't need to choose which team they want to play for at the start of the game, we'll just take that option out"

Every other game, literally every other sports game, asks you at the start of any match which side you want to move your controller to!

I could understand if it wasn't previously there, it just bugs me that they actively removed it!

\rant.

Edited by Reacher at 11:56:41 28-09-2012
  • Mattuk123 28 Sep 2012 12:03:21 139 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Konami removing a useful option? Doesnt sound like them.....
  • Dougs 28 Sep 2012 12:10:02 67,687 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    At least you can do it manually though and still play co-op. Weird, as it was in the demo IIRC
  • DarthKebab 28 Sep 2012 12:28:05 403 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fingers crossed with them having a very good game to build on now they can work on sexying it up, under the impression next year's was being developed away from this year's using the new engine
  • robc84 28 Sep 2012 12:32:04 5,605 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dont get me wrong I do like the game. But some of their decisions do seem a bit strange. Like the whole side select thing. If it was already in the game in the demo, surely its more effort to take it out than to leave it in
  • Rodchenko 28 Sep 2012 13:22:05 422 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also hate how they've changed and garbled the ML default players' names even more this time. I was about getting use to Vonander, Eddington, Minanda and Castolo and was looking forward to recruit my beloved and deadly Shimizu from the youth team again. Now I have to play with someone like 'Cruzlichazco' or 'Frzwlukivov'. No sense of identification whatsover.
  • Mattuk123 28 Sep 2012 13:29:59 139 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah the names are fucking stupid who's idea was that?

Kinda glad shimizu isn't about relied on him too much in past games, plus he was a miserable git who always wanted to move to a bigger club. Yeah I'm pleased that little shit is gone!
  • Rodchenko 28 Sep 2012 15:56:20 422 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Kinda glad shimizu isn't about relied on him too much in past games, plus he was a miserable git who always wanted to move to a bigger club. Yeah I'm pleased that little shit is gone!
    LOL, yeah he was an annoying little shit. But so effective in offensive midfield of an otherwise sucky team.

BTW, someone mentioned that the player moaning was gone. Wrong! I had my sub right defender complain today that he didn't get any action. Stupid jerk. Terminated his contract right away. But thankfully they've toned it down considerably.

Now, if they only had toned down some other things considerably as well (stumble animation, refs giving cards left and right, parrying keepers, speed catch-up and injury time AI spikes). The game is very good when it's good, but boy, is it pissing me off again...
  • Dougs 28 Sep 2012 17:04:00 67,687 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All sounds very familiar that! Had one player moan as he got injured from being over tired. That's because there was an international the day before a PL game FFS!
  • Stockings 28 Sep 2012 18:15:28 1,058 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes

Wow, I'm amazed you find it boring, the first thing I thought when I played it was that the fun was back, mainly because the shooting felt like the old ones.
    It is a very hard game, but I'd rather have it that way, like ISS Pro Evo on PS1 is.
    They'll probably patch it to make it easier to score and dribble and we can all go back to winning every game easily ;(
  • Lyserberg 28 Sep 2012 20:40:48 349 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Had my copy, i got it finally installed on my PC, i didn't launched it yet, i just need to add it to my Steam library and then i'm pretty much ready to go.
    I'll probably post some screenshots or videos of any awesome goals i'm gonna be scoring as well as my impressions about this game!
    Finally, my waiting is over... :)

La cerise sur le gâteau!

• Slurmseh 28 Sep 2012 21:55:20 2,339 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't find anywhere to buy this on PC in Canada. Stupid Konami not putting this up for digital distribution anywhere.

To the Bay!
  • LastAngryMan 29 Sep 2012 09:02:39 35 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What do you guys make of placed/finesse shooting? Only Played 5 or so games, it maybe seems slightly over powered from within the box.

Enjoying the game overall though. Feels like a more balanced version of 2012, better shooting better pace, makes a huge difference. With 2012 I felt like the only reason I didn't score 10 goals every game was because they had made the shooting so random, with 1 on 1s resulting in ridiculous fluffed floaters straight to the keeper. You feel like you've earned chances in 2013.
  • Page

of 41 First / Last