• RedSparrows 30 Jan 2013 18:23:57 24,248 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not really sure i want/need another FPS atm. :(
  • mothercruncher 30 Jan 2013 18:27:09 7,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    xero521 wrote:
    Course its on the uk psn downloaded it at 16.00 quite impressed with what i played, mvp 2 outta the 3 games i played. The maps are really good too
    Loaded it up and searched "crysis 3". Nothing there. What am I missing?
  • Maturin 30 Jan 2013 18:28:42 3,231 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've getting around 50fps with a 3570K and 660Ti PE. That's with a lowish AA but full for everything else.

I haven't installed the Nvidia beta drivers yet.
  • Bealsy 30 Jan 2013 18:29:19 808 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Suarez07 I'd hardly consider 40-50 poor though...

XBL: The Bealesatron
    PSN: Shimbomba
    NNID: TheBealesatron

• xero521 30 Jan 2013 18:31:58 216 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher all i did was press right
    on the d-pad and its there on second screen,next to dust 514.

Edited by xero521 at 18:34:46 30-01-2013
  • Suarez07 30 Jan 2013 18:42:38 10 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Bealsy

its not worst, guess im used to slightly more on crysis 2 with higher aa settings etc. it's unstable , that's main issue i have

presume it will improve with nvidia driver releases, but considering there's people with effectively lower end gpu's getting a similar frame rates with higher aa settings, it suggests things arent currently right with sli drivers

My bigger issue however, is I cant actually play it anymore. I just get a black screen lol

Edited by Suarez07 at 18:46:09 30-01-2013

a possible fix for black screen issue, worked for me
    http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=56630&p=582511#p582511

Still having issues with drivers though. If i start from scratch i get between 20-30 fps, and then after I add exe to nvidia inspector it actually uses my 2nd gpu, but still a raffle regarding frame rates. I got anything between 30-40, with occasional spurts upto 50 now on museum. Give up tbh lol

Ill buy sp, and it either works and I might play it, or it's relegated to the never played pile

Edited by Suarez07 at 19:15:20 30-01-2013 Ok this now appears to be fixed for me basically in terms of frame rates, but yeah I'm not convinced there's enough here to seduce me into putting that much time into it.

I think the cloaking is o'powered, and kinda ruins everything. There doesnt seem to be enough of a penalty for moving whilst cloaked, so they can move in cloak mode and it's too hard to spot.

Maps seem ok, if a little uninspired and cod-esque

Edited by Suarez07 at 23:06:52 30-01-2013
  • mothercruncher 30 Jan 2013 19:25:10 7,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers, search still turns up nothing. Got it manually, ta.
  • SomaticSense 30 Jan 2013 19:59:46 9,159 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Not really sure i want/need another FPS atm. :(
    Yeah I agree.

I loved the last two games and would've lapped this one up. But there have been so many AAA FPSs lately that it's been impossible to enjoy any of them as much as I should. I'm sure this is one reason Halo 4 felt so boring to me, as before I was a massive Halo fan.

It's all a bit overwhelming to be honest. Insilling FPS fatigue in your target audience surely isn't a wise business decision.

Edited by SomaticSense at 20:01:34 30-01-2013
  • Syrette 30 Jan 2013 20:04:13 44,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MEHHHHHHH

• Deleted user 30 January 2013 22:45:41
    Tried it this evening. It's fun and ridiculously pretty but just doesn't have that jeu ne se quois that makes me feel as I'd get any extra joy out of it than I could with any other FPS on my hard drive.
  • Syrette 30 Jan 2013 23:07:11 44,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah. Same as Crysis 2's MP. Absolutely fine, fun, and somewhat deep. But not a long-term option like CoD or Battlefield.

Makes my decision easier - this'll be a rental, and I'm not buying an online pass.

• kinky_mong 30 Jan 2013 23:09:18 10,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did nothing for me either.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Syrette 30 Jan 2013 23:22:06 44,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To be honest, if you're an FPS and want to impress me, you have to be something special.

Everything I've seen and read about Crysis 3 does little for me. I don't like the idea of contained worlds. I prefer organic, varied environments. Not an ice level, a jungle level, a city level etc.

Bioshock Infinite is the only FPS in years that truly excites me, and it's not even out yet. I'll give Aliens a guy too, because I like the franchise. But I don't expect it to stay long in the memory.

Totally 'over' first person shooters. Third person games are different because the perspective tends to allow for more gameplay variety.

Edited by Syrette at 23:23:35 30-01-2013

• Pumpatron 31 Jan 2013 00:10:04 389 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I haven't tried the beta/demo, I couldn't give a poo about the multiplayer.

But if the single player is great then I'll pick this up. I really enjoyed 1 and 2 so I'm actually quite looking forward to it.
  • SFD 31 Jan 2013 04:33:11 512 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rental for me. The MP is a lagfest, just like Crysis 2.
  • sir-lolzalot 31 Jan 2013 10:44:16 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So excited for release. Looks awesome.
  • mothercruncher 31 Jan 2013 14:29:57 7,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm, it is distinctly "competent" for me, personally.
    Everything is present and correct, meaty weapons, decent (but definitely not stellar) graphics, big gay space marines, the lot. But it doesn't have any special "must buy" ingredient, nothing to excite me especially and compel a purchase.
  • b0rk 31 Jan 2013 14:35:34 2,942 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this still due for release on Feb 19?
  • killersrquiet 31 Jan 2013 22:19:26 2,184 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Everything is present and correct, meaty weapons, decent (but definitely not stellar) graphics, big gay space marines, the lot. But it doesn't have any special "must buy" ingredient, nothing to excite me especially and compel a purchase.
    Meh! That was my thought on the beta. Crytek do sp well but not multiplayer.

Rental for sure
  • jagg3r 31 Jan 2013 22:50:10 1,057 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SFD wrote:
    Rental for me. The MP is a lagfest, just like Crysis 2.
    What platform? just sunk a few hours into this on pc, looks and runs sweet, no lag in any game i've played.
  • NOSAVIOUR 31 Jan 2013 23:12:18 2,810 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't experienced any lag on the 360. Loved every minute of it. Crysis mp is underrated. Wish every game allowed the use of the environment like Crysis does. Seeing high ground and ledges and being able to jump up to them or stomp from them really adds to the experience.
  • Anthony_UK 1 Feb 2013 00:07:16 2,551 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's very good though it doesn't click instantly. Also on 360 at least there does seem to be some form of lag, not the game breaking teleporting kind but when someone is moving a pace through the environment you can't smoothly track them, it might just be my connection but it's frustrating either way.

Another gripe I have is with the powers, I'm sure it comes with experience but I'm not entirely sure what additional protection the maximum armour gives me and whatever it does give seems inconsistent. It may seem a minor thing, but the lag issue combined the uncertainty with how many shots yourself or opponents can take makes it all feel a little random, while still fun.

Two big positives though are the aiming on console, which is spot on and nice and snappy. Also they've taken a leaf out of COD's book in that the pause between rounds is as brief as possible which does make it hard to stop playing.

Overall it's grabbed my attention, I just wish the single player didn't scream meh with it's setting. The ruined New York or wherever it's based, really doesn't interest from what I've seen so far.
  • SomaticSense 1 Feb 2013 00:35:18 9,159 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Meh! That was my thought on the beta. Crytek do sp well but not multiplayer.

Rental for sure
    It's essentially Free Radical in all but name who are doing the MP, just as they did Crysis 2's. They are/were among the best FPS MP devs in the world.

Edited by SomaticSense at 00:37:10 01-02-2013
  • Suarez07 1 Feb 2013 09:16:29 10 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @SomaticSense

Didn't they do MP for crysis 2 as well? , and let's be honest, that could have been good, but never actually was for various reasons
  • Derblington 1 Feb 2013 09:29:32 22,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Free Radical is nothing but a name. How many of the original staff do you think they still house since actually owning that gracious title?
  • itinkuravinalaff 2 Feb 2013 01:42:31 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nope this just does not feel like a good fps. It's a bit ropey and boring so not for me.
  • Anthony_UK 2 Feb 2013 01:56:14 2,551 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm after initially not being impressed I've found myself struggling to stop playing this.

Only a small thing, but with the default class I've just realised that if you shoot while cloaked it automatically reduces your suit engery to zero, which in turn prevents auto armour engaging making some of my initial 1v1 encounters seem unfair. By manually switching off the cloak before shooting its made all the difference.

Also love that the drop ship flying around with the mounted mounted MG's has to be manually climbed aboard rather than be some form of killstreak.
  • griff_dai 2 Feb 2013 07:04:02 468 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is a beta and I must say, I love it........

It still has the same odd washed out look of the Crysis 2 however the game don't feel as unfair as that did.

I wasn't going to bother with this as Crysis 2 was boring as feck......I may pick this up now to see what the rest of the MP is like.
  • Suarez07 2 Feb 2013 10:42:40 10 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @NOSAVIOUR

Like every online game especially very early in a game's release, lag seems to be total lottery. I've had lag issues in sine games, but my friend has had none so far, but I remember crysis 2 was terrible for lag, every cod takes ages to settle down into consistent online experience.

My kill cam bared no resemblance to my experience In game, and I'm on 20mb virgin broadband with 18ms ping. I.e. got fed up of watching the kill cam show someone shooting before me, when in reality I'd already unloaded half a clip into him by that point, or he'd even been facing other way lol

Anyway, still fun game, and will no doubt get sorted eventually
  • Pazie 5 Feb 2013 11:14:46 241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Played the beta and like it. The graphics aren't the best I've seen, whether it's because it's a beta and will be better on the full game, I can only hope. I decided to pre-order it for the Hunter edition and with a 10% discount from Zavvi I feel it's a good buy.
  • Page

of 12 First / Last