PlayStation 4 Page 1219

• Page

of 1221 First / Last

• Fourfoldroot 27 Apr 2017 18:45:04 2,183 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    greg_wha wrote:
    I bought the PS3 PS2 version ages ago in a R* sale for the price of a cheap pint. Never played it, really need to get around to it.
    Yeah, that's the one I got. (Well, the PS2 PS4 version, I'm guessing it's the same). Definitely give it a go - one of the few games I've lived enough to finish ah twice.

Edited by Fourfoldroot at 18:45:43 27-04-2017
  • Nades 1 May 2017 11:08:45 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is there any way to stop trophy screenshots?
  • DUFFMAN5 1 May 2017 11:19:36 21,326 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    Yes, it is in settings somewhere, turned mine of ages ago. :)
  • Malek86 1 May 2017 11:47:06 5,601 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    Bully is an amazing game, my favourite from Rockstar and one of my all time favourites. I got the digital version for PS4 a while ago from the Canadian PS store which is the third time I've bought this! The first time for PS2 when it launched, then the Scholarship Edition for 360.

It's just a shame Playstation never got the Scholarship Edition as it has some brilliant new missions, especially around Christmas time involving a homeless Santa. Plus of course it had a shiny HD visual overhaul.

Speaking of PS2 games, I purchased the enhanced version (trophy support, etc) of Red Faction for 2.49 during the PS store Easter sale, which was another favourite of mine from the PS2 era.
    I got Red Faction on that Humble sale for one buck. It's the USA version, so at least I'll avoid any bad surprises (Sony still hasn't patched 60hz into Twisted Metal Black, and at this point, I doubt they ever will...)

I also got Primal, which is pretty okay aside from the crap combat. Considering that it was clearly trying to take cues from Soul Reaver 1/2, it's surprising just how inferior the combat, camera and overall controls are. Still playable enough, though.
  • Nades 1 May 2017 12:36:21 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    Ah, nice one, always annoyed me.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 1 May 2017 13:07:53 30,771 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Please forgive what I know to be a noob question, especially since I know I've asked before but for the life of me can't remember which thread so can't find the answer, but when do new PS Plus games go live? Is it the first Tuesday of the month, so tomorrow the 2nd of May?

Edited by DFawkes at 13:08:01 01-05-2017
  • Nazo 1 May 2017 13:15:10 671 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    Ah, nice one, always annoyed me.
    Yeah, I didn't even realize it was a thing until I started getting mysterious "cannot take a screenshot now" messages in Persona 5 for no apparent reason (I'd already disabled trophy notifications).
  • Rodderz 1 May 2017 14:54:07 2,799 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Rodderz wrote:
    Bully is an amazing game, my favourite from Rockstar and one of my all time favourites. I got the digital version for PS4 a while ago from the Canadian PS store which is the third time I've bought this! The first time for PS2 when it launched, then the Scholarship Edition for 360.

It's just a shame Playstation never got the Scholarship Edition as it has some brilliant new missions, especially around Christmas time involving a homeless Santa. Plus of course it had a shiny HD visual overhaul.

Speaking of PS2 games, I purchased the enhanced version (trophy support, etc) of Red Faction for 2.49 during the PS store Easter sale, which was another favourite of mine from the PS2 era.
    I got Red Faction on that Humble sale for one buck. It's the USA version, so at least I'll avoid any bad surprises (Sony still hasn't patched 60hz into Twisted Metal Black, and at this point, I doubt they ever will...)

I also got Primal, which is pretty okay aside from the crap combat. Considering that it was clearly trying to take cues from Soul Reaver 1/2, it's surprising just how inferior the combat, camera and overall controls are. Still playable enough, though.
    Twisted Metal Black EU version is missing all the cutscenes too as they were dropped after 9/11 (one scene had a crashing plane I think) and never put back in later iterations. So the NA version is always the way to go with that one.

As for Red Faction, it's the version released by Nordic Games (now called thq Nordic I think) after they bought up the library of games from the bankrupt thq. It's got full trophy support and has been up-rendered to 1080p, so looks a lot cleaner etc. though there's no changes to things like textures.
  • FuzzyDucky 1 May 2017 15:13:19 1,715 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Twisted Metal Black is a shockingly poor game, mind.

It inverts your steering when reversing FFS!
  • Derblington 1 May 2017 15:29:22 28,240 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DFawkes

Yeah.
  • Malek86 1 May 2017 15:38:25 5,601 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FuzzyDucky the controls are terrible indeed. While proper 60hz would be good to have, I doubt it would be enough to make me play again.
  • Nades 1 May 2017 16:44:52 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've hated all the Playstation controllers, but I love the PS4 version. Think its probably second best I've ever had after the 360.
  • FuzzyDucky 1 May 2017 23:55:28 1,715 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    @Malek86 Yeah it boggles the mind how anyone on the dev team played it and said "yep, this is how we want our game to control".

One of most counter-intuative games I've ever played.
  • Singularity 2 May 2017 10:34:53 2,568 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So it looks like mt PS4 has bitten the dust. During Netflix last night it just stopped, and now it will only turn on for half a second before the blue light disappears and it is non-responsive until you un- and re-plug it.

I'm unimpressed by the 125 charge for a repair or replacement as it only has a 3 month warranty, so I'm tempted by just replacing it for an extra hundred or so as I need to finish Last Guardian and get started on Persona and VR Dirt Rally. Which then makes me think is it worth spending another hundred or so for a Pro?

Edit: I don't really care about graphics that much, and I don't have a 4k tv, so the internet tells me that it's probably best to go for a Slim.

Edited by Singularity at 10:43:18 02-05-2017
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 2 May 2017 10:56:38 30,771 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    From what I've seen, Dirt Rally VR is nicer on Pro, though not in an essential way. It's mostly in the weather effects. It's noticeable but you can easily do without.

I watched a lot of stuff on YouTube when I was considering whether to go PS4 or Pro and this video was one of the ones that nudged me towards Pro: Dirt Rally VR Comparison. Not sure the slightly nicer effects are 100 worth though, but as I had the money at the time I'm happy I went for it. Whether that weather is worth it is up to you :)
  • Singularity 2 May 2017 11:06:17 2,568 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DFawkes Hmm. And Simply has Pros for 319, so it's actually only 60 more. Seems a bit silly not to do that, I suppose. And it softens the blow of having to buy the same console again.

Edit: and I bought a Pro. I guess this is all in the wrong thread now.

Edited by Singularity at 11:09:14 02-05-2017
  • monkman76 2 May 2017 11:12:26 11,539 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Worth having a Pro if you have PSVR imo.
  • Ror 2 May 2017 20:22:05 15,116 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hello you lovely people. A question: if I let my Plus run out, will my cloud saves still be there when I re-sub? Or will they dissipate in the clear sky? Or something.

Ta.
  • Malek86 2 May 2017 20:28:47 5,601 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I ended up subbing again for another year. I wanted to buy just 3 months, but in the end, there wasn't that much of a price difference.

Damn you, Bungie. Do you see what you made me do? Do you see?

Ror wrote:
    Hello you lovely people. A question: if I let my Plus run out, will my cloud saves still be there when I re-sub? Or will they dissipate in the clear sky? Or something.

Ta.
    Last I heard, they can delete your saves after 6 months. That was a couple years ago though, not sure if that's still the case today.
  • Ror 2 May 2017 20:58:42 15,116 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks Malek. I'll have a look around and see if that's changed. I might just look through my saves first and see if I'd actually care if they were lost, and then just cancel my sub - I don't play online on PS4 very often at all, and I almost never touch the Plus games, so it's a bit of a waste of money, really.
  • Nitrous 2 May 2017 22:26:33 1,405 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Ror

Backup/copy to USB?
  • Ror 2 May 2017 23:18:47 15,116 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Nitrous Ah, of course, why didn't I think of that. Thanks!
  • GoodForm 3 May 2017 09:34:44 1,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The event calendar is such a joke. Everytime it pops up. Guess what? It's a GTA Online event.

Why the fuck is that thing not better about telling me everything going on? Titanfall 2 double XP? Battlefield 1 Battlefest? Free trial weekend for some games? Open betas? Ecetra. I want the event calendar to tell me about everything, in every game - especially those I own.

As is, it tells me about GTA Online and Overwatch, and that's it. A piss poor guide to the world of gaming on Playstation. I don't know who's fault that is? Sony not designing it in a way to accommodate more games? Publishers not caring enough to use the feature?

I hate wasted potential. The event calendar has tremendous potential. It's pretty much a waste right now.

Edited by GoodForm at 09:35:30 03-05-2017
  • Nades 3 May 2017 12:53:24 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know its pretty much irrelevant unless they use it for more than just Overwatch and GTA.
  • Ror 3 May 2017 13:26:40 15,116 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Another question: where can I turn off automatic renewal for PS+? I had a look on the site yesterday and couldn't find anything, though it's entirely possible I'm a bit fick and missed it.

Ta!
  • Malek86 3 May 2017 20:14:33 5,601 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ror you can't actually turn off PS+. You can only turn off automatic funds withdrawal on your account, which means Sony will disable your PS+ when it runs out because you can't automatically pay to renew it.

Kinda sucks for those who want that option enabled to pay for preordered games.
  • Nades 3 May 2017 20:39:44 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No idea whats happening with my PS4, the disc keeps ejecting randomly and the other night I was in bed and it randomly turned on and ejected the disc :o
  • Nades 3 May 2017 20:48:57 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Ror 3 May 2017 21:23:37 15,116 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Malek86 Thanks Malek. I did actually find a way to turn off automatic renewal, though having seen your post I wonder if I just turned off automatic wallet funding. I'm *sure* it said auto renewal though.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I can't imagine ever pre-ordering a digital game on PS4.
  • Ror 3 May 2017 21:24:35 15,116 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Nades Yeah, mine's been doing that.

I think it's because it's a piece of shit I'm just annoyed because I lost progress on NieR when the console decided to spit out the disc.
  • Page

of 1221 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.