Boooooooooooooooom! I hope that's true.
    Bollocks apparently.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Garrie_W1992 7 May 2014 09:06:39 44 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @Darren My PS4 is out in the open and i nearly always have my window open (I like being cold) so my PS4 doesn't get as hot as it normally would. This probably helps to keep it quiet.

I did notice that the PS4 doesn't run games at launch and i would like to have the option there. I agree with you, if i am inserting the disk into the console it's more than likely because i want to play/watch it so an auto run feature would be great. Having said that the boot up time is seconds so i can not complain.
  • Widge Moderator 7 May 2014 09:07:59 13,740 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Game rumour info

Valkyria Chronicles Trilogy due this summer

http://gearnuke.com/valkyria-chronicles-trilogy-coming-ps4/
    Boooooooooooooooom! I hope that's true.
    Bollocks apparently.
    "The official Famitsu magazine is out for most of the readers and there is no mention of this rumor, likely confirming that it was a hoax to break the hearts of all those Valkyria Chronicles fans. We apologize for getting your hopes up. Although, this doesn’t mean that SEGA won’t ever do such a trilogy in the future, as it is likely possible that they might do it."

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• uiruki 7 May 2014 09:21:17 3,758 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nope, you get a Compile Heart game instead. "Great".
  • Darren 7 May 2014 13:50:17 9,076 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Darren wrote:
    Anyone else annoyed that the PS4 doesn't autorun a game when you insert the BD post-install? I mean if I put the disc in the PS4 after I've installed then it is obviously because I want to play it so surely it should start loading? Even the Xbox One, which has an interface that is a mess IMO compared to the PS4, manages to do that!
    Genuine question - have you ever been happy with a device or do you find fault with literally everything?
    Seriously what is your problem exactly? You make it sound like I intentionally look for faults! Stop being so sensitive. :p

No console is perfect and I'm not about to overlook what I consider should be basic features either just because I like a console. Besides, it's a genuine criticism considering the PS3 has always auto-booted games and indeed has an option to disable that if you want.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Darren 7 May 2014 13:53:52 9,076 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    First world complaints make me laugh so much :D

'The ps4 only pushes the game icon for the disc I insert to the front of the cue, so I still have to press x to start it!' Come on Darren, that's silly :D
    So does the Xbox One but it still auto-boots a game so what is your point exactly? Are Microsoft silly for adding such a basic feature to their console? :rolleyes:

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• TheMayorOfJugs 7 May 2014 14:00:16 4,507 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:

'The ps4 only pushes the game icon for the disc I insert to the front of the cue, so I still have to press x to start it!' Come on Darren, that's silly :D
    So does the Xbox One but it still auto-boots a game so what is your point exactly? Are Microsoft silly for adding such a basic feature to their console? :rolleyes:
    Just find it silly to complain about not having a feature that rules out one button press, dude. I think you can even launch it with the headset if you really want. :D

And no, making the jump to say I think Xbox are silly to include it in their console from what I said, is silly. You just seem like a reasonable guy, the unreasonable complaint made me laugh :D
  • SomaticSense 7 May 2014 14:01:18 9,133 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lighten up Darren, christ...
  • Vortex808 7 May 2014 14:11:23 7,578 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    I don't recall him being such a grump last gen.

:-P
  • Derblington 7 May 2014 14:19:03 22,272 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Darren wrote:
    Anyone else annoyed that the PS4 doesn't autorun a game when you insert the BD post-install? I mean if I put the disc in the PS4 after I've installed then it is obviously because I want to play it so surely it should start loading? Even the Xbox One, which has an interface that is a mess IMO compared to the PS4, manages to do that!
    Genuine question - have you ever been happy with a device or do you find fault with literally everything?
    Seriously what is your problem exactly? You make it sound like I intentionally look for faults! Stop being so sensitive. :p

No console is perfect and I'm not about to overlook what I consider should be basic features either just because I like a console. Besides, it's a genuine criticism considering the PS3 has always auto-booted games and indeed has an option to disable that if you want.
    In terms of needed features though, it's about as low as you can get.
  • killersrquiet 7 May 2014 14:22:15 2,180 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:

My 360 had the auto play feature enabled by default.

It was the first thing i disabled in the menu. I'll press the button myself thank you very much :-)
  • Nades 7 May 2014 14:30:58 1,668 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I did that too. Sometimes its annoying if you wanna browse marketplace or something before you play the game, then it suddenly plays the game.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• Stan546 7 May 2014 15:05:12 259 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I disabled it, while a friend changed disc I'd often click onto marketplace and got frustrated being torn away.

Please help me mods? Stop ignoring me?

• CaptainKerbal 7 May 2014 15:11:55 404 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Same, a lot of the time I'll puta disc in to save getting back up after a quick check of messages, store etc I'd disable auto play first as it's annoying.
  • Whizzo 7 May 2014 15:24:56 43,342 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm also in the "disabled autoplay on 360" camp.

This space left intentionally blank.

• SomaticSense 7 May 2014 15:31:13 9,133 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just Darren then :D
  • Zomoniac 7 May 2014 15:32:06 7,975 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I hate autoplay. I resent older consoles that don't let me turn it off.
  • Phattso Moderator 7 May 2014 15:59:25 13,921 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, on a device where you can play downloaded games from the hard drive, sticking a disc in the drive doesn't automatically mean "I want to play this now." Often it means "I'm gonna play this after a three hour caning of Geometry Wars." :)
  • Widge Moderator 7 May 2014 16:06:06 13,740 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah. Autoplay go away.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• UncleLou Moderator 7 May 2014 16:11:23 35,849 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I love autoplay. Takes long enough as it is to start consoles and boot games - I want to be able to stick a disc in, let the console do its thing, and come back with the game running. Helps if the TV turns on automatically, too.

Really don't need the turn on/epilepsy warning/log on/navigate to game procedure/unskippable logos every time.
  • RedSparrows 7 May 2014 17:05:21 24,156 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote
    Where's IRONOMAN?
  • FuzzyDuck 7 May 2014 17:42:06 4,880 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Darren wrote:

You're a pleasant chap and part of the EG furniture - I have no intention to offend.

It really was a genuine question though. A lot of your posts seem to be complaining about insignificant quirks. Nothing in this world is perfect; but when 99% of something works perfectly/goes according to plan, why would you waste energy on the 1% that doesn't?

Someone already mentioned just how far technology has come in both terms of reliability and complexity; we really shouldn't be complaining these days. It's like the graphics debate. Some people lose their minds over the PS4 not running everything at 1080p/60. Meanwhile I'm astounded at how far games have come as playing SNES games still wow me.

Appreciate what you have and just overlook the niggles, or you could say "stop being so sensitive" ;)
  • ubergine 7 May 2014 18:31:32 2,851 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Auto play hate team here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Ror1984 7 May 2014 18:39:06 4,204 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've just had a quick bash of Killzone, which a mate kindly lent me and, well... s'alright I guess? I like that the first level proper is fairly open, and it does look quite pretty, but I'm not much of a fan of the movement so far - though that is something you kind of expect with the series, and I'll get used to it. That awful bending-the-knees-before-I-jump jump is fucking horrible though. Also, the story setup is breathtakingly stupid.

I'm quite liking the shooting though, and it has been a while since I've played an SP FPS, so I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it.

I feel a little bit ungrateful now :p

EDIT Oh, also, I must say it's nice and quick to load up, which is good. Also also, is that guy David Harewood?

Also also also, why aren't the Helghast evil Londoners anymore?

Edited by Ror1984 at 18:46:40 07-05-2014
  • X201 7 May 2014 18:42:35 15,732 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Autoplay was the first thing I deactivated in my PS3.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 May 2014 18:59:46 25,581 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Darren wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Darren wrote:

You're a pleasant chap and part of the EG furniture
    Yeah, the toilet!! Amirite?!?!

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Bowzer43 7 May 2014 19:01:52 613 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    While the auto play debate is massively amusing I do wonder if some people believe a new console should be a thing of perfection!

I was brought up with a speccy 48k, firstly I had to wait around 10 mins for a game to load,  then watch the screen as the title page appeared, instantly followed by a black screen and return to the 'desktop'.

If and when a game did load, the speccy had no fan so it was only a matter of time before it overheated and either crashed or just locked up with a loads of horrible beeps and psychedelic colours.

We had a crap joystick that killed your hands after 5 mins and most games required keys only, the speccy had rubber keys, after half hour or so the keys were really slippy it was an effort to play for longer!

This in all 8bit colour and monotone sounds on a spare crt TV and I spent every spare minute (and a lot when I really should have been doing something else) and loved it.

So when I now sit in front of a 24" 1080p Lcd, dolby digital sound and a console that is blisteringly fast and has a great future in front of it with lots of new features and content to come over its life cycle (like the 360 and ps3 have enjoyed) I really can't complain that it doesn't auto play when I insert a disc.

And if it did do that, I would disable it in an instant!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 May 2014 19:15:59 26,580 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The whole "you should be happy with what you've got, I remember how things used to be" argument is rubbish.
  • Page

of 867 First / Last