Silent Hill HD Collection = Completely Broken? Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• RyanDS 30 Mar 2012 12:34:44 9,204 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is a Vita version? When is that out?
  • psychokitten Moderator 30 Mar 2012 12:39:54 7,794 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not announced at all for Vita that I'm aware of.

Just Silent Hill Book of Memories *shudder*
  • -cerberus- 30 Mar 2012 12:41:37 2,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:Silent Hill Book of Memories *shudder*
    Ssst! We don't say its name...

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• alexc7496 30 Mar 2012 12:45:41 1,777 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry that's the one I meant. Didn't know whether that version was any good based on Konami recent record.
  • Zizoo 30 Mar 2012 12:46:42 8,274 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    /SCREAMS
  • Deleted user 30 March 2012 12:48:30
    /fires up PS2
  • alexc7496 30 Mar 2012 12:55:07 1,777 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Such a shame that a game that meant so much to a lot of gamers has had its legacy destroyed like this.

For me Silent Hill 2 was in the top 5 x games on the PS2 and now they've done this to try an make a quick few quid on the back of the people that have those memories who will pay the money to try and get them back, shocking!!!

This is why I'm worried they're gonna try and make a Resi 2 HD upgrade!!!
  • SomaticSense 30 Mar 2012 12:59:21 8,157 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If their aim was to get me to not give them any money and fire up my PS2 with my existing copy of SH3, then they succeeded.

Epic fail Konami.
  • psychokitten Moderator 30 Mar 2012 13:04:05 7,794 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    alexc7496 wrote:
    Sorry that's the one I meant. Didn't know whether that version was any good based on Konami recent record.
    Based on the gameplay videos of Book of Memories my reaction would be to kill it with fire.
  • King_Edward 30 Mar 2012 13:05:01 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd of thought the sequence of increasingly awful Silent Hill games would've "destroyed it's legacy".
  • Deleted user 30 March 2012 13:06:20
    alexc7496 wrote:
    This is why I'm worried they're gonna try and make a Resi 2 HD upgrade!!!
    They can't, they'd have to do a remake
  • King_Edward 30 Mar 2012 14:08:02 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I suppose they could, but it'd look awful and be a bit pointless.
  • -cerberus- 30 Mar 2012 14:23:00 2,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Everybody, you'll want to read and see this: Silent Hill Historical Society review, analysis & comparison.

Seriously... What the crap?!

• Eva_Foxhound 30 Mar 2012 17:03:58 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I bought the game on the day of release and still regretting. It's not completely broken but it's a very poor port of the original games. Frame stuttering happens a lot especially Silent Hill 3 and the overall atmosphere is very different from the original game due to the lack of soft shadows, fog, lighting and changes made to the textures. The new dubs is awful especially the person who voiced Heather. Voice-overs doesn't even sync properly with the mouth movements. I don't think a patch will even help in nay way since they already had a Day 1 patch that doesn't do anything. They will probably fix the performance somewhere in the future but damage has been done. This is NOT the Silent Hill games you've played years ago( also first post, hi all)

Edited by Eva_Foxhound at 17:04:56 30-03-2012
  • santashi 30 Mar 2012 17:12:12 5,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    alexc7496 wrote:
    Based on the gameplay videos of Book of Memories my reaction would be to kill it with fire.
    The screenshots make it look like a crappier version of Dungeon Hunter where everybody had a mufty day. And it's been delayed now. Shucks.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Deleted user 30 March 2012 20:19:56
    santashi wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    alexc7496 wrote:
    The screenshots make it look like a crappier version of Dungeon Hunter where everybody had a mufty day. And it's been delayed now. Shucks.
    Can't wait for Silent Hill Kart Racing though.
  • Deleted user 1 April 2012 19:19:45
    Well im glad I didn't bother picking this up. Luvky me owns the originals on PS2 and the PSone game ;P

Tonight is the night I attempt to self repair my Playstation 3 using a blow torch. This guy shows you how:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU&feature=related

If my efforts fail, i'll sell my broken PS3 and buy a Blu-Ray player and just may call it a day when it comes to video games. I will dig out my PS2 and Sega Saturn from time to time to play those classic's.
  • Cappy 2 Apr 2012 09:28:19 11,898 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The HD collection wall of fog, direct comparison between the 360 HD version and the PS2 version.

Funnily enough I've seen plenty of people claim that the 360 version has all the fog and is problem free, it's simply the 'PS3 that's not up to the task', I guess they're not familiar with how the fog is supposed to look.
  • quadfather 2 Apr 2012 09:59:36 11,978 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    out of interest, is that from the US? Apparently, the US versions have suffered more.

But this is youtube heresay so it could be a crock, no idea.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 2 April 2012 10:08:20
    @quadfather According to some reviews on Amazon Silent Hill 2 is improved compared to the US version but still suffers from sound issues and lip sync errors. Silent Hill 3 however is ridden with flaws like a stuttering frame rate plagued with sound issues and screen tear.

Also no version has the perfect fog and both suffer from being sloppy ports, but I think the 360 suffers a few less issues.
  • Cappy 2 Apr 2012 10:11:31 11,898 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I haven't heard about any regional differences for the fog. Would they really be messing around with the fog in the short time between the US and Euro version going gold master?

When you look at everything that's been left half-arsed it's hard to imagine anybody at Konami suddenly deciding that better fog is a priority for Europe.

*edit* I believe there's a Digital Foundry article featuring Silent Hill HD Collection coming this week, that will probably tell you everything you need to know backed with captured footage and screen shots.

Edited by Cappy at 10:16:16 02-04-2012
  • quadfather 2 Apr 2012 10:39:49 11,978 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's a right pisser overall, this.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• -cerberus- 2 Apr 2012 11:20:46 2,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cappy wrote: *edit* I believe there's a Digital Foundry article featuring Silent Hill HD Collection coming this week, that will probably tell you everything you need to know backed with captured footage and screen shots.
    In the meantime check out Silent Hill Historical Society's review, analysis and comparison here.

• J.C 9 Apr 2012 20:06:27 1,261 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I should never have sold inner fears for the xbox. Like many here, i never played the third game. Luckily i was given a ps2 last year, so i'll give ebay and amazon a try. Konami are really shit these days aren't they. Capcom are doing better imo.
  • Darth_Flibble 21 Apr 2012 15:42:11 1,666 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got the game 2nd hand off Amazon, (no way the cunts aka the developers and publishers deserve the sale of this) No signs of a patch and really nasty bug in SH3 were at the end, you go to use the and item and every item is black, use the item in question and the screen goes black and locks up the game.

What is really fucked up, is the weak minded retards defending the game or down playing how shite this pitiful excuse of a HD port actually is.
  • Deleted user 9 May 2012 14:10:11
    Have they patched this yet?

If so has anyone thoughts to whether it makes a difference at all?
  • Cappy 9 May 2012 14:44:23 11,898 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is no patch as of yet.

I'm doubtful that a patch can do much more than ameliorate some of the more glaring glitches. Furthermore, for a release such as this it's sort of pointless, this isn't a package we can 'keep', a collection which requires patches only available for a period from closed online systems will revert back to that original shoddy state sooner or later once PSN and XBLA move on to servicing newer platforms.

Edited by Cappy at 14:44:42 09-05-2012
  • Deleted user 14 July 2012 10:31:48
    Just thought I'd give this a bump to see if anyone with a copy has a experienced a notable difference since the patch came out?

It is probably my only chance to play these games again so I'd like to know if they're at least in proper working condition.

Also they've dropped in price a lot too.
  • Whizzo 9 Aug 2012 00:23:13 43,088 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wow, really just wow, Konami press release :

PlayStation 3 Online Patch Deployed. XBOX 360 Patch No Longer Scheduled for Release

Today, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced that while a PlayStation®3 online title update for Silent Hill HD Collection has been deployed for download via PlayStation®Network, plans for an XBOX®360 title update have been cancelled due to technical issues and resources.

Understanding the issues some users are experiencing, KONAMI issued a title update for Silent Hill HD Collection (PS3), which fixed frame rate issues as well as audio-synching and other reported issues. KONAMI apologizes to any players who are continuing to experience these issues on the XBOX 360 sku.

Silent Hill HD Collection is available at retail stores nationwide.
    360 owners please continue buying the game we're never going to actually fix.

Edited by Whizzo at 01:08:24 09-08-2012

This space left intentionally blank.

• Page

of 5 First / Last