• SlimSpudly87 9 Oct 2012 22:33:52 72 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @neilqpr

Thank you! :)
  • secombe 9 Oct 2012 22:48:23 1,332 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any thoughts on handling vs Forza 4? Seems to be a huge disparity in opinions. I personally felt the build I played (not the demo) felt very Forza-like.
  • deathrowghost 9 Oct 2012 23:04:26 1 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was never expecting much from this game and downloaded the demo without following the development. But after the demo this has gone straight on my pre order list its about time forza had a arcade game as the simulation can get a bit too much for non hardcore racers. For me this is a breath of fresh air for the series.
  • Maturin 9 Oct 2012 23:07:38 3,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    deathrowghost wrote:
    I was never expecting much from this game and downloaded the demo without following the development. But after the demo this has gone straight on my pre order list its about time forza had a arcade game as the simulation can get a bit too much for non hardcore racers. For me this is a breath of fresh air for the series.
    It's as much as simulation as any other Forza game. And any other Forza game can be just as arcade - with the same assist settings.
  • Maturin 9 Oct 2012 23:09:19 3,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    secombe wrote:
    Any thoughts on handling vs Forza 4? Seems to be a huge disparity in opinions. I personally felt the build I played (not the demo) felt very Forza-like.
    I think it's exactly the same. There are differences due to road surface, tyres etc. But the physics seem the same.

There seem to be a lot crybabies on the Forza forums that seem to think FM4 was last word in uber-realistic physical world simulation for BIG MEN and Horizon is a child's toy. Rather sad really.
  • Syrette 9 Oct 2012 23:34:16 43,771 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pre-order cancelled. I just can't justify buying 4 games in the space of a week and a half, especially when one of those games is NFS. Such a bad time to release a title.

Thing is I thought the demo was great. Handling was sublime, really well presented, fun, looked stunning. Problem is Assassin's Creed 3 comes out 3 days later.

• RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 00:04:33 23,306 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ass Creed is ass.

Helpful, I know!
  • Fourwisemen 10 Oct 2012 00:14:19 175 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For a long time I've thought 'why can't they do quality handling and spectacle in the same package?'

Looks like turn 10 have done just that.

On Mustang v Mustang, when the plane buzzed the ground it felt like the vibration caused affected the handling of the car...and then I thought it was the sound that made me shit it and lose concentration. I'm not sure which is true. Any other thoughts on this?
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 00:57:54
    Handling felt the same as FM4 (with difficulty adjust) but it was also fun on arcadey settings, will the full game have replays of your race?
  • waggy79 10 Oct 2012 07:31:26 1,036 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just to echo some others, this really is how to put together a demo. Not too short but just enough to leave you wanting more.
    Seem to do better with bonnet cam but I can see the corners coming better in chase. Like the way it selects your closest rival too.
  • Scurrminator 10 Oct 2012 08:52:30 8,437 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fourwisemen wrote:
    For a long time I've thought 'why can't they do quality handling and spectacle in the same package?'

Looks like turn 10 have done just that.

On Mustang v Mustang, when the plane buzzed the ground it felt like the vibration caused affected the handling of the car...and then I thought it was the sound that made me shit it and lose concentration. I'm not sure which is true. Any other thoughts on this?
    It was Playground Games that made the game; give the credit where it's due.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Scurrminator 10 Oct 2012 08:52:57 8,437 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PS Thank God there is a helmet cam. Take that Codemasters.

• beastmaster 10 Oct 2012 08:59:10 11,608 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Meh! Is it worth sticking with the demo. I can't stand all the unskippable cut scenes and yank razmataz.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Whizzo 10 Oct 2012 09:12:37 43,195 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    PS Thank God there is a helmet cam. Take that Codemasters.
    Yeah I played the entire demo from the cockpit.

/polishes "I'm the 5%" badge

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 10 October 2012 09:14:42
    beastmaster wrote:
    Meh! Is it worth sticking with the demo. I can't stand all the unskippable cut scenes and yank razmataz.
    Yeah, they're mindly annoying but the game is worth it I reckon. Once you're free roaming in the game completing ambient challenges it won't be so in your face.
  • agparrot 10 Oct 2012 09:31:14 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, the demo is brilliant. Really reminded me of demos of old, without a one minute time limit, without forcing you to do the same miniscule thing over and over again, it really just lets you carry on free roaming, trying to beat your friends on the events, speed camera/zone and taking in the lovely sunrise.

I still remember the disbelieving glimmer of hope when the recruitment advertisment for playground games went out, and there was all that speculation about whether it could mean an open world Forza.

I'd like to think that the demo has the power to sway a lot of people who didn't want to previously to buy the game.

It's going to make my NFS vs. Forza choice that much harder, anyway. Goddamit.
  • monkehhh 10 Oct 2012 09:36:27 3,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    +1 for helmet cam, music down, engine up - no helmet, no sale. 5%!
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 09:51:50
    I would also like to pledge allegiance to that 5%.

Do I get a badge?
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 09:52:16
    agparrot wrote:
    Well, the demo is brilliant. Really reminded me of demos of old, without a one minute time limit, without forcing you to do the same miniscule thing over and over again, it really just lets you carry on free roaming, trying to beat your friends on the events, speed camera/zone and taking in the lovely sunrise.

I still remember the disbelieving glimmer of hope when the recruitment advertisment for playground games went out, and there was all that speculation about whether it could mean an open world Forza.

I'd like to think that the demo has the power to sway a lot of people who didn't want to previously to buy the game.

It's going to make my NFS vs. Forza choice that much harder, anyway. Goddamit.
    +1
  • Derblington 10 Oct 2012 09:52:28 21,925 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Re: helmet cam: There is no other way to Forza.

Edited by Derblington at 09:52:52 10-10-2012
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 09:59:25
    Going back to Forza 4 this morning I'd say the main difference I feel between the two games is that in Horizon you can get away with full on gas. I find that in Forza 4 I spend a lot more time feathering the throttle.

I think they compliment each other really well. What Playground have achieved should be applauded.

Here's hoping some of the features jumps across to the mainline series. Namely Rally and dynamic day/night. Maybe even weather?
  • shamblemonkee 10 Oct 2012 10:13:26 14,485 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The only differences i noticed/imagined were less rumble feedback at the edge of grip? In forza it always feels like there's a slight rumble or blip from the feedback a that point, was more noticeable in the Mustang.

you know what though the handling suited the style of game and was still excellent even with maybe some of its edges softened.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 10:30:12
    Yeah, softened edges. I'd go with that.
  • Tryhard 10 Oct 2012 11:17:59 4,140 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think they were confident in their product by showing so much in the demo.It has been a long time that a demo has turned people into buyers rather than chasing them off with the ugly stick.
  • octo 10 Oct 2012 11:21:27 979 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Preferred Helmet Cam as well for actually driving - seemed to manage a little better. The game looks beautiful and the day-to-night transitions work really well. The unskippable cut scenes ANNOYED THE PISS out of me however. All games should be punished for that.
  • Doomspoon 10 Oct 2012 11:35:53 2,490 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ugh, the music is really, really horrible, it makes me want to stab knitting needles into my eardrums. So grateful for the option to stream my own in games these days. Otherwise demo seems quite good so far.
  • brokenkey 10 Oct 2012 12:11:05 7,089 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dear Microsoft.

Way to go, dickheads:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• Derblington 10 Oct 2012 12:15:15 21,925 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why are you puitting that in here? And it's not just MS, that's going to creep up all over the place. I think, largely, it won't make a difference to the way people make and use videos but the internet will obviously get all irrate about it because that's what the internet does.
  • brokenkey 10 Oct 2012 12:20:41 7,089 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I posted it here because a T10 rep has been on this thread. Plus quite a few people interested in Forza on here have seen the 120 odd videos I've posted on the subject.

Edited by brokenkey at 12:21:46 10-10-2012

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• Scurrminator 10 Oct 2012 12:32:02 8,437 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please make a new thread if you feel that strongly about a company protecting their IP.
    And Turn 10 will have zero influence or anything to do with it anyway.

• Page

of 36 First / Last