Medal of Honor: Warfighter Coming in October Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• NOSAVIOUR 5 Oct 2012 21:58:31 2,802 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You best not be British because see you online I'm gonna own your ass... when it downloads eventually maybe.
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2012 22:00:52 6,184 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    90% dirty smelly hairy ass:)

Could be worse, fully download it, then delete it then download it again before you download it :)

On menu screen

Edited by fletch7100 at 22:02:29 05-10-2012

Edited by fletch7100 at 22:03:00 05-10-2012
  • NOSAVIOUR 5 Oct 2012 22:13:01 2,802 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep. I give in. Calling it a night. 20%. Enjoy... you c*nt ;)
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2012 22:40:21 6,184 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Actually enjoying this MP. Bit rough round the edges. Not as good looking as BF3 in places. Put that down to it being a beta. Some nice smoke effects

Less rounds to kill someone
    None of those silly glitches like there was in BF3 mp we'll not yet :)
    When you sprint and press the crouch button you do a slide
    Only assault class unlocked and able to use
    Game mode is plant the bomb. There are five bomb sites to fight over. Only fight over one at a time. Have 5 mins to plant the bomb or defend the site. Once those 5 mins are up or you have planted the bomb you move to the next site on the map
    Sensitive aiming is still off for me, have to change that in options not as bad as BF3 aiming
    Close quarters map with plenty of routes
    Interested in all the other classes when released
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2012 22:41:02 6,184 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also no mad blue bf3 tint either :)
  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 22:52:16
    Downloading pretty quick for me, 50% in ten minutes :p

May get a couple of games in before I sleep. Sounds good Fletch.
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2012 22:59:11 6,184 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just trying out heavy gunner

Classes are sniper,assault,demolitions,heavy gunner,point man(faster movement,carries high powered ammo),spec ops

So in each class you can choose one of the 12 nationalities, each have their own weapons and looks

Change change the parts of your weapon different barrel etc

Support actions. Get 3 or 2 have to check again think its 3 kills unlocks first support. Assault it's either mortar strike or smoke rounds. For heavy gunner its Blackhawk helicopter gunner uses the machine gun on the heli also it becomes a spawn point or call in mortar smoke rounds
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2012 23:00:24 6,184 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Each nationality gets their own weapon but you can unlock the other nations guns for that class

Going to be like BF organised teams will do well, if all the squads are working together it is fun. Get bonus points for working with your fireteam squad mate. End of the match screenshots the best fireteam in the match

Bipod for the LMG worked first time:). Will tell you if you are in an area you can't deploy the bipod
    Edited by fletch7100 at 23:02:39 05-10-2012

Edited by fletch7100 at 23:07:39 05-10-2012
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2012 23:16:23 6,184 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just called in my first Blackhawk. U act as the gunner, enemy can still kill you as the gunner, machine gun has high rate of fire but not accurate. Was great firing off hundreds of rounds as my team spawned from the Blackhawk by sliding down a rope from it
  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 23:32:39
    Hah, I saw that! Did look quite cool. Oh well true to beta form got a hard crash and needed a reset. Shall partake in more games tomorrow, seems fun' but the GUI is abysmal.
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2012 23:55:41 6,184 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Couple of non reload animations. Gone from BF3 icons are too big to icons being too small

Ok on the selection screen unlocked the sniper and he is a giant compared to the other classes

Like the squad respawn, 10 screens to respawn on him, if he is under fire 2 seconds are added, and so on until he isn't being fired at or just spawn at fall back point. Can heal and resupply players. Don't throw out health packs just press x when near them.

Will look great max detail on PC.

Like the map, close quarters with plenty of routes, two storey building to provide lmg bipod fire from. Is obvious place but great to let rip with lmg from there.:)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Oct 2012 00:10:23 24,576 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gets a big fat meh from me. I know it's just a beta, but so far it couldn't be more average if it tried. Fuck ugly, too.
  • Tryhard 6 Oct 2012 00:35:46 3,485 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I just watched my Mrs come down the rope of the heli and the enemy was picking them off as they slid down.Nice design.And then she spawned right behind two enemy.

I don't get what is with the glowy outlines round enemies and friendlies have they eaten Ready Brek or something?

The map is just a series of tight walkways for people to camp.There is one balcony that overlooks a bomb plant area about 10 feet away.WTF were they thinking?

The GUI looks like something from the 1990's.

When the Sp looks more interesting than the MP you have a serious problem on your hands for an FPS.
  • fletch7100 6 Oct 2012 00:50:41 6,184 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Balcony that overlooks that bomb always gets cleared first. Such a bullet magnet area never last long there. First case of spawn camping, mainly due to this game mode, as you rotate round the map couple of their players cover our fall back spawn area.

Believe the red highlighted enemies are ones your squadmate sees and the green one is your fireteam squadmate
    Helicopter respawn, either spawn there, squad mate or fall back. Spawn from heli is the risky option as its usually over the bomb
    It's a CQB map so always going to have tight areas

Edited by fletch7100 at 00:54:17 06-10-2012
  • griff_dai 6 Oct 2012 01:13:50 400 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    what's it like, i'm downloading but been playing Fifa all night
  • Pumpatron 6 Oct 2012 01:37:42 358 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Played a few games and it didn't really do much for me. Seems like your standard military shooter mp. I had some bad spawns, lag and it was the usual 'whoever see who first wins'.

Playing this reminded me why I stopped playing military shooters.

Ignore me, it's probably great if you like this kind of thing. I'll be sticking with Halo though.
  • griff_dai 6 Oct 2012 01:46:25 400 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah mate, it's getting panned everywhere......i will have a look at it tomorrow but have cancelled my pre-order....might pick up borderlands 2 instead
  • griff_dai 6 Oct 2012 01:46:26 400 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah mate, it's getting panned everywhere......i will have a look at it tomorrow but have cancelled my pre-order....might pick up borderlands 2 instead
  • griff_dai 6 Oct 2012 08:47:41 400 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    what a horrible,horrible game......fecking EA your supposed to move a franchise on with a new release not put it back 10 years.....it's fucking fugly also.....pre order cancelled
  • Deleted user 6 October 2012 12:30:10
    I have to say this is incredibly mediocre, unfortunately. Having not played Medal of Hono(u)r last year I can't compare. Was sort of in the mood for another shooty game, but this just makes me think about playing BF3, it does everything better.
  • SFD 6 Oct 2012 13:49:37 468 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wow..... It's really, really bad ain't it?

Not even a rental for me.
  • Mr-Brett 6 Oct 2012 14:10:02 12,676 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not "really, really bad" just rather average.

@Apostle For me it's not a patch on the last game which which rough around the edges it felt and played a lot better. The MP of the last one was done by DICE though.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Tryhard 6 Oct 2012 14:17:49 3,485 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think the MOH WF FB 2 engine probably had made in China written on it.These dev's need to smack the gamer in the mouth.With BF and COD they have to come out with some thing that grabs you,as we will always compare an FPS to the two main franchises and if it does not measure up,then why bother buying it?
  • Mr-Brett 6 Oct 2012 14:25:52 12,676 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm having trouble understanding your post so I apologise if I've misunderstood but the Frostbite engine was developed in Sweden by DICE, some of the most talented developers in the world.

Yeah these comparisons will always happen and imo the sensible thing to do would be to not invite those comparisons by going for the same style, aesthetic and pretty much everything. Nobody compares Borderlands to CoD and BF (well nobody who knows what they're talking about) because it's a different type of game with a unique look and feel.

Portable view - Never forget.

• griff_dai 6 Oct 2012 16:45:44 400 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I put it on again, just to see if it was really that bad.......it was, I know its a beta, I don't know if the HD textures are loaded in, if it is well they really need to pull it from release and cook it for another year!
  • matrim83 6 Oct 2012 17:03:37 5,586 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Holy fuck how did that UI ever make it past the planning stage? Worst menu system I have seen on any console game.

You know its fucked up when to do something as basic as checking the score card requires half a dozen button presses and takes 10 seconds.

Edited by matrim83 at 17:04:20 06-10-2012

Valar morghulis.

• Tryhard 6 Oct 2012 17:09:26 3,485 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The FB 2 made in China joke was upon seeing how MOH WF looks compared to BF3 using the same engine.
  • JetSetWilly 6 Oct 2012 17:11:37 5,720 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just spent an hour or so on this with a buddy and it wasn't too bad. It was certainly pretty frantic. I think my main gripes were the spawning, which was awful, and the grenades which I just knew nothing about till they killed me. Also the weapon reload seemed painfully slow but I assume that there'll be ways and means around this in the full game. Seemed to take a lot of ordinance, playing as a Brit assault, to take people down (or more likely my aim is shit). I liked that I could pick the Battlefield control layout, and didn't think the GUI was all that bad. I think it's worth a bit more time, pre-order not yet cancelled.
  • oceanmotion 6 Oct 2012 17:14:07 15,250 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Should always keep it simple, clear and fast.

BF3's signal interruption is fucking pointless and annoying. Menu isn't that well thought either.

Battlefield demo was bad too so who knows how this will turn out. Could be nothing more than a stress test. You would hope the final game isn't that bad.

I think EA will cut MOH and Danger Close when Respawn's game comes out. Just filling a hole right now.
  • JetSetWilly 6 Oct 2012 17:14:53 5,720 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh and my mate said the red highlight is the enemy that killed your buddy, so you can see who to revenge kill and thus allow your buddy to respawn quicker.

Edited by JetSetWilly at 17:15:07 06-10-2012
  • Page

of 8 First / Last