Eurogamer Expo 2012 Page 21

• Page

of 29 First / Last

• Whizzo 29 Sep 2012 08:41:14 43,061 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Did the hunting demo of Tomb Raider and rather enjoyed it, looks like you find campsites in an open world, go hunting, find stuff and level up your skills. How open it really is I don't know.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 29 September 2012 10:06:19
    Mark1412 wrote:

That said, there's a sweet irony in having to wait around for ages before you're allowed to play a Metal Gear game.
    That's right :) I'm surprised they didn't hand out some large cardboard boxes for people to sneak about in, oh and free exclamation marks :)
  • beastmaster 29 Sep 2012 10:17:21 11,295 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mmm....nice breakfast in Zamazingo's. Off to queue now.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• robanthegiant 29 Sep 2012 10:36:20 11 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    XCOM was the GOTS for me, thought it was near enough a perfect demo. also really enjoyed Forza Horizon, Company of heroes 2, Tomb Raider, Unfinished Swan and Wonderful 101. Another highlight was the Total War session, really informative and fun. ROME 2 looks absolutely OUTSTANDING! can't wait for that one!
    The Nintendo floor plan was ridiculous though, people can barely move in there especially around the back where Pikmin and Wonderful 101 are. 3ds' just seemed to be pasted on the outside walls like some last minute job, which was pretty poor and Luigis Mansion more than deserved a larger set up.

Really loved the retro section as well, ended up spending close to an hour playing Crazi Taxi and Powerstone 4player on the sofas

Got a few freebies
    XCOM Tee
    Company of Heroes 2 beta and lanyard
    Drake sackboy keyring
    Medieval Moves game (guy after me got Borderlands 2 for free!)
    3 Months PS+
    3 free apps including Tomb Raider GOL
    MGS 25th anniversary poster
    Derrick the death fin badge and stickers
    Hitman figure
  • Mark1412 29 Sep 2012 10:39:24 519 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Company of Heroes 2 and The Unfinished Swan were probably my favourites.

• THFourteen 29 Sep 2012 10:56:34 33,104 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Will be there this afternoon, am wearing a blue arsenal shirt with Henry on the back and a green billabong cap. Because I am chavvy

But please do say hello anyway :-)
  • spamdangled 29 Sep 2012 11:40:49 27,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Somehow i have a press pass for today

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 29 Sep 2012 11:46:06 27,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Will be back today. Whats Tomb Raider like?
    Uncharted with extra tits, none of the humour and an almost fetishistic obsession with injuring lara in a cutscene every other minute.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• xruiner89 29 Sep 2012 13:35:51 3 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @robanthegiant

If i could take one thing away from the show it would be an XCOM shirt. What did you have to do to get one? I heard you have to pre-order the game there, but i've already pre-ordered on Steam.
  • Whizzo 29 Sep 2012 13:40:15 43,061 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Win a multiplayer game to get an XCOM shirt.

This space left intentionally blank.

• robanthegiant 29 Sep 2012 13:43:15 11 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @xruiner89 preorder with game. However canceled when I got home as I've also got it pre ordered on Steam.
  • beastmaster 29 Sep 2012 16:22:30 11,295 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really liked Tomb Raider. Didn't get to play Wii U but have one on pre-order anyway.

Metal Gear Rising looked stunning. Assassin's Creed 3 looks like a return to form. Alien Colonial Marines and Hitman Absolution looked brilliant.

Quite enjoyed playing NFS. LBP carting did nothing for me. Black Ops, MOH and Battlefield dont interest me anyone.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• danathjo 29 Sep 2012 17:39:27 7,311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So wHere are the Free 3 months of ps+?
  • spamdangled 29 Sep 2012 18:16:57 27,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really impressed by Prison Architect. Had very good fun playing the demo on the show floor, and the dev talk was possibly the best one so far.

I hope they do implement gangs and prison snitches/bitches though. They said it's something they've been looking at but haven't managed to get working well yet, so fingers crossed!

• Afiddes 29 Sep 2012 18:24:08 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @danathjo they were giving it away at the corner of he playstation area if you liked the ps Facebook page and you hadn't had ps+ before (they class the month free you got at hacker gate as having had ps+) so it seems its mainly for new ps customers and not us long standing ones

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Afiddes 29 Sep 2012 18:26:51 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @darkmorgado I remember watching their dev session from rezzed on here and really liking it and I am very tempted to pre order it especially when you think there is a 10% off code in the magazine thing we were given (if I remember correctly)

• Afiddes 29 Sep 2012 18:27:43 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted

• Deleted user 29 September 2012 18:32:32
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Really impressed by Prison Architect. Had very good fun playing the demo on the show floor, and the dev talk was possibly the best one so far.

That's all I needed to hear. I was pretty much planning on going to the dev session tomorrow afternoon anyway. Haven't tried the game yet, but that's because every time I was near there, people were playing the game and not looking like they were going to finish any time soon. I must lie in wait and be inconspicuous like the Hitman :)
  • spamdangled 29 Sep 2012 18:33:04 27,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Will be back today. Whats Tomb Raider like?
    See what I put further up the page.

• spamdangled 29 Sep 2012 18:36:32 27,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Dogme

It's a rather long demo - about 20-30 minutes I think. It's interesting to see such dark source material being juxtaposed against an artstyle that's very Weebl & Bob. I didn't expect it to work, but it totally does.

The way that all the varying systems interact with each other, all the different layers of AI going on, was really interesting and made me appreciate just how complex the game actually is beneath the surface.

• elvenscroll 29 Sep 2012 20:07:38 1,381 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good day. Free tat list:

Dishonored tshirt and avatat
    Xcom tshirt
    3 squenix app games
    Hitman toy
    Alien bandana and avatat
    3 months ps+

Played aliens, dishonored, tomb raider, company of heroes, assassins creed 3 and hitman.

Really enjoyed the dishonored dev session.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• kinky_mong 29 Sep 2012 21:36:19 10,107 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metal Gear Rising was massively disappointing after the stupidly long wait I had to go through to play it. Is there really no dodge or block?! I gave up after the third time of dying to the pair of bipedal robot things as they kept trapping me between then with no way to avoid getting hit. Shame as I was enjoying it up to that point.

Elsewhere highlights for me were Rocksmith (loved it and it seems much more fun and less frustrating than Rock Band's pro guitar mode), GoW Ascension single player, and Hitman which I wasn't expecting.

Tomb Raider was okay but felt like an odd section to have a demo of as it was a bit pedestrian. DmC was okay as well although having lots of cutscene interruptions but with no sound was stupid.

Disappointments were Dishonoured (felt like I was playing a dull Bioshock clone with stealth shoe horned in), GoW Ascension's multiplayer (confusing clusterfuck with random interuptions), FarCry 3 (aimless demo with too short a time limit, and worryingly glitchy for a game that's out in less than a month), and Doom 3 (relic of corridor shooting with awful checkpointing, but at least I know in time to cancel my preorder).

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• elvenscroll 29 Sep 2012 22:11:14 1,381 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Afiddes wrote:
    @danathjo they were giving it away at the corner of he playstation area if you liked the ps Facebook page and you hadn't had ps+ before (they class the month free you got at hacker gate as having had ps+) so it seems its mainly for new ps customers and not us long standing ones
    Codes work fine for existing customers. I just used mine and its stacked on top of my existing membership.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Afiddes 29 Sep 2012 22:12:33 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Then the dick lied to me :( well that has pissed me off

• nickthegun 29 Sep 2012 22:16:51 59,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I won a street fighter thing! Then I fell over a tramp who was, by the looks of it, dressed like a ninja when I got off the tube.

He seemed to expect money. He got none.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• elvenscroll 29 Sep 2012 22:57:28 1,381 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Afiddes wrote:
    Then the dick lied to me :( well that has pissed me off
    In fact, multiple cards can be used. My friend passed his onto me and my membership is now stacked until may.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• pinebear 29 Sep 2012 22:57:56 8,565 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    ChWets, wish I had a bit more Rome but just Dan e and dance central were lots of fun! If only we had more time but the arsenal v chelshega
    E slOwled it down a bit. Wow thevooze wad pricey!!! Farcry and hotman photoboitths were the best!'n

Was the f
    H
    F
    Guy in the metaphase box shirt, hope every one had fun!!! Disfigured looked good
    QFT

• Dr.Haggard 29 Sep 2012 23:50:58 4,159 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Disappointments were Dishonoured (felt like I was playing a dull Bioshock clone with stealth shoe horned in)
    I think Dishonored has the potential to be brilliant, it's just really not suited to playing it in that environment at all. Just look at its pedigree, there's no way it won't be good, I just think being dropped into a fairly unremarkable level with a goal and a bunch of powers - and most importantly no chance to ease into its mechanics and learn the nuances of the AI etc like you'll get when playing it from the start - doesn't work in its favour at all.

I played the demo three times on Thursday, and as convinced I am that I'll love the game I found playing it at the expo mostly frustrating, and not just because the console version is ugly as hell and looks even worse when you're sat two feet from a huge TV.

Without the story, and without the learning curve and the steady introduction to the mechanics etc that'll come with playing the full game, it just doesn't come across well at all.

One unexpected thing did worry me though - the range on the Blink power was frustratingly short and using it was quite fiddly, but I'm assuming that's just because it wasn't upgraded.
  • graysonavich 29 Sep 2012 23:52:18 7,320 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DEMOS AND LOUD NOISES
  • costa_k 29 Sep 2012 23:53:41 260 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Many good games,not a single great one though.No bad games either.The year of mediocrity.Great show though-as always.
  • Page

of 29 First / Last