Error Thread Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Kill_Crazy 22 Feb 2012 14:17:51 2,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FiveMinuteHero wrote:
    Guys, I know, probably a stupid question... but where do I download Twitter, Facebook, Skype etc? I cannot see them on the store. THanks!
    On the store under 'Social' on the Vita
  • FiveMinuteHero 22 Feb 2012 14:30:25 115 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks - I missed it first time ^-^
  • Darren 22 Feb 2012 16:41:27 8,830 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    I have dark black splotches and a heavy black line across whole of screen but only noticeable on black load screens not when graphics are on screen.
    As I said earlier that is one of the quirks of OLED screens unfortunately, that splotches are visible on black screens but they should only be visible in a pitch-black room, you shouldn't be able to see them during normal lighting conditions. I remember seeing it mentioned on NeoGAF and someone posted a picture of it. I can't say I've noticed it yet and I have been playing my PSV in a dark room. I do have the screen set bright though (90-95% brightness) so maybe that helps hide it? Dunno really.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Deleted user 22 February 2012 16:47:38
    Righto, can get Wipeout to start, playing off the game card.

It tries to connect to PSN and then throws up the text:

"An error has occured in the following application.
    (C2-12828-1)"

It hangs and have to close the application to get the Vita to do anything. Google just gives me a bunch of Japanese forums with the same problem.
  • Progguitarist 22 Feb 2012 16:53:15 10,439 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why don't you try calling Sony?
  • Kill_Crazy 22 Feb 2012 19:59:45 2,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:

(C2-12828-1)"

It hangs and have to close the application to get the Vita to do anything. Google just gives me a bunch of Japanese forums with the same problem.
    Maybe it's your shit wifi?
  • Deleted user 22 February 2012 20:32:02
    Kill_Crazy wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:

(C2-12828-1)"

Maybe it's your shit wifi?
    Works for every other game i got. And my WiFi works fine with all my other devices in the same room.

I discovered i can play it if i stop it from initially connecting but the second i go to connect it crashed with the same error :(
  • byron_hinson 22 Feb 2012 21:39:24 1,512 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Keep getting a "disconnected from the Playstation Network" message when I load up Super Stardust - is this normal or an error?
  • xythen 23 Feb 2012 00:44:47 5 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just stumbled something rather annoying when playing around with my new PSVita: trying to play any Mini that you've received for free as part of your Playstation Plus membership gives the error C1-2858-3, then the game quits.

The minis I've paid for play fine, and indeed the PSPlus minis get past the "mini" logo and health warning screen, but then the error pops. Tried it with the 15 or so I have, and each one is the same (both transferred from PS3 and downloaded directly to the Vita from the PS Store)!

Can anyone else confirm that this is happening with all PSPlus minis, and it's not just me? (I've got a 3G model)
  • mal 23 Feb 2012 11:37:05 22,536 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    byron_hinson wrote:
    Keep getting a "disconnected from the Playstation Network" message when I load up Super Stardust - is this normal or an error?
    Or both?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Darren 23 Feb 2012 11:58:43 8,830 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    xythen wrote:
    Just stumbled something rather annoying when playing around with my new PSVita: trying to play any Mini that you've received for free as part of your Playstation Plus membership gives the error C1-2858-3, then the game quits.
    Same error here. I tried to download two minis I'd previously bought for the PS3: Trailblazer and Speed Ball 2, onto my PS Vita but I get that error message when I try to run them.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• zombielvis 23 Feb 2012 12:02:37 138 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    xythen wrote:
    Ahh so it's not just me then. Hoping they sort this out sharpish I have a huge library of Minis through Plus. I was this close to winning the top league on Speedball too!
  • THFourteen 23 Feb 2012 12:04:27 33,422 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    had one crash in 5 or 6 hours of gameplay (unit 13 demo), and a couple of minor hiccups entering my credit card details (request timed out sort of message), other than that, ok so far.

i did update to the latest firmware and then reformat my memory card first.
  • INSOMANiAC 23 Feb 2012 12:05:05 3,829 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Was playing my non-plus pacman championship edition on mine last night with no problems

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• X201 23 Feb 2012 12:05:15 15,450 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    xythen wrote:

The minis I've paid for play fine, and indeed the PSPlus minis get past the "mini" logo and health warning screen, but then the error pops. Tried it with the 15 or so I have, and each one is the same (both transferred from PS3 and downloaded directly to the Vita from the PS Store)!

Can anyone else confirm that this is happening with all PSPlus minis, and it's not just me? (I've got a 3G model)
    Might be related to a similar problem I had.
    Try playing the Minis on your PS3 first.
    Then transfer them to Vita.

The PS+ mini's have access privileges attached to them, and that only gets refreshed when you start them.

May not be the cause, but might be worth eliminating.

Edited by X201 at 12:06:39 23-02-2012
  • DiamondIce 23 Feb 2012 12:24:46 1,185 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To anbody trying to connect to the PC using Content Manager Assistant but are getting a forbidden error from the URL that the Vita displays.

Visit this page instead: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html

Edited by DiamondIce at 12:27:19 23-02-2012

FLOPS! RAM!

• X201 23 Feb 2012 12:30:16 15,450 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Kill_Crazy 23 Feb 2012 13:26:07 2,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DiamondIce wrote:
    To anbody trying to connect to the PC using Content Manager Assistant but are getting a forbidden error from the URL that the Vita displays.

Visit this page instead: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html
    You can also connect your vita to PC, run Content Manager on the vita and it gives a button to install CMA which, i take, is install to the PC.
  • Midgar777 23 Feb 2012 13:39:29 472 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So WPA2 security isn't supported yet. I've heard you can share wireless from your phone or mac or whatever and connect via WEP. I can't seem to get my work mac to share it's connection though...it doesn't detect anything :S hmmmmm
  • THFourteen 23 Feb 2012 13:51:26 33,422 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My router is on WPA2 and its working fine... I only need a password though not a username

I had to set up my connection manually rather than allow the vita to try and do it on its own
  • X201 23 Feb 2012 14:02:33 15,450 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    My router is on WPA2 and its working fine... I only need a password though not a username

I had to set up my connection manually rather than allow the vita to try and do it on its own
    I'm WPA2 and it sorted it out on its own for me.

Edited by X201 at 14:03:08 23-02-2012
  • JayG 23 Feb 2012 14:11:34 842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My WPA2 refused to connect, might location have something to do with it? I'm in Switzerland. Had to log into the router and turn it off before I could connect. Didn't try the manual connection though.
  • Deleted user 23 February 2012 14:22:52
    The (C2-12383-7) error seems to affect Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs attack.

Despite re-downloading it onto the Vita and attempting to transfer from the PS3 this still happens.

So far it has happened to @Darren and myself. Has anyone else encountered this problem or is it being addressed at all.
  • THFourteen 23 Feb 2012 14:24:50 33,422 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    My WPA2 refused to connect, might location have something to do with it? I'm in Switzerland. Had to log into the router and turn it off before I could connect. Didn't try the manual connection though.
    same thing happened to me before i manually connected

for some reason when it auto-connected, it woudlnt ask me for the password and there was nowhere i could enter the password
  • JayG 23 Feb 2012 14:33:58 842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tried manual, still not working with WPA2 on. It did ask me for a password with autoconnection. Considering I never heard of the different security settings before yesterday I'll be a expert by the weekend.
  • Midgar777 23 Feb 2012 15:21:05 472 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I tried the sharing a wireless hotspot method using my work iMac. I got most of the way there but not quite hit success yet :(. I managed to get the wifi SSID to show up when I searched for hotspots...and the wep password worked so the Vita connected. The only thing that doesn't work is the actual internet haha - it's connected to the network but there's no internet available :s

Very frustrating!
  • preacherman69 23 Feb 2012 15:24:29 177 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    The (C2-12383-7) error seems to affect Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs attack.

Despite re-downloading it onto the Vita and attempting to transfer from the PS3 this still happens.

So far it has happened to @Darren and myself. Has anyone else encountered this problem or is it being addressed at all.
    Aye got same problem it's common
  • Zizoo 23 Feb 2012 19:42:43 8,374 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I posted this in the general Vita thread, but I think this might be a better home for it.

Could someone please help me.

My Vita doesn't see the Wifi connection I use with my iPad

I'm not tech savvy, but it's an ad-hoc connection using internet sharing via my USB dongle. Windows Vista...

Any help would be much appreciated!
    I am getting extremely frustrated. Is it at all possible to connect to Wifi using an ad-hoc connection, or do I need a router?? :(
  • Midgar777 23 Feb 2012 20:28:39 472 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just posted this in the main Vita thread but thought I'd put it in here too:

UPDATE:

Sending my (faulty?) Vita back to Amazon tomorrow T_T

I thought the memory card was screwed, so I got them to send me another...everything seemed fine until the new card also started screwing up. All my games wouldn't fire up, it deleted and corrupted my saves, and then had a the blinking blue light of death every few minutes.

It said the memory card wasn't in the machine...so I took it out and it said 'memory card removed, restarting' - meh! It then refused to format the card and wouldn't detect that it existed - doh!

What a disappointment...
  • FuzzyDuck 23 Feb 2012 20:40:50 4,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ZizouFC

I'm using a wee file/app i got that sets up a hotspot using the laptop's wireless card. Not sure how it works with Vista. I've a modest 3G dongle and i've used it for the Vita, PS3, Wii and 3DS with this thing:

http://www.mhotspot.com/
  • Page

of 5 First / Last