Registered 6 years ago
    @THFourteen
    7th on PSN, 9th in retail.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• bef 29 Feb 2012 11:07:26 1,629 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Christ I'm tempted to buy all my games through PSN. The convenience (do you think they made the cartridge slot super tiny and uncomfortable on purpose to steer us towards online purchasing?) and general gotta have em all mood that falls over me when I browse that shop...
  • INSOMANiAC 29 Feb 2012 11:30:32 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I must be the only person who thinks this game isnt that great, and I'll be fucked if I'm paying 30 odd quid for it.

Poor graphics, overly twitchy controls and its like the very bottom of the barrel in terms of ideas and originality

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Progguitarist 29 Feb 2012 11:37:43 10,441 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ok.
  • Deleted user 29 February 2012 11:44:42
    Yeah, didn't think much of it either. It's a bit bland and it reminds me of The Club which was a bit crap.
  • INSOMANiAC 29 Feb 2012 11:49:26 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Yeah, didn't think much of it either. It's a bit bland and it reminds me of The Club which was a bit crap.

I thought the Club was really good but then I paid a fiver for it and it was just a balls out arcade shooter without pretensions of anything else

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Derblington 29 Feb 2012 12:05:59 21,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    I do wonder why you bought this machine.
  • Deleted user 29 February 2012 12:13:43
    Derblington wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    I do wonder why you bought this machine.
    Yes, I clearly hate the entire platform because I was underwhelmed by the demo for a game that isn't out yet.
  • Derblington 29 Feb 2012 12:23:23 21,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, but you were hating on the platform for the month leading up to you then going and buying one on impluse, and I've not seen a possitive comment on a game for it from you yet. Granted, I'm not foloowing you around the forum but it seems a little bit odd that I've missed all of them.

Regardless, Unit 13 is good (I've no idea about the demo as I can't be bothered to download and look at it). It's design is very suited to a handheld platform through bitesize mission design and replayability but without sacrificing any depth. Obviously that means there's no campaign but the 36 mission grid and handful of HVTs provide plenty of hours of play if you want to 5 star them, let alone compete for highscores. The daily challenges are a touch of genius as you only get one shot (with multiple retries as long as you don't complete or leave), so you'd better make it count. And then there's co-op... I've jumped into the lobby a few times to check this out but there's not been anyone else about :(

It's not an amazing looking game but it's certainly serviceable, and the controls are a tad too twitchy at default (I've dropped the sensitivity to compensate). Obviously the demo is supposed to sell the game and if it doesn't do a good job of that then so be it, but it's easily in the group of best games on the platform for me, ahead of stuff like WipEout and Motorstorm RC.
  • Deleted user 29 February 2012 12:29:46
    Of the 6 games I've bought for the Vita, the only one I've posted something negative about was Escape Plan which is frankly a bit shit.

I've been nothing but positive about the rest despite the fact that Wipeouts online was bugged fore until the fixed it yesterday. That said, this game still looks mediocre and the demo was bland.
  • Zizoo 29 Feb 2012 12:45:57 8,378 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Derblington

How big was the full game download?
  • Derblington 29 Feb 2012 12:52:25 21,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had 3 downloads, each continaing different languages. The one containing English is 954mb (the other 2 are just over 1170mb but I don't have them on the system and I suspect you won't get the option as mine are Sony Review copies. I had a similar thing with Uncharted).
  • PrivateFloyd 29 Feb 2012 12:57:02 4,135 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Didnt realise that it was out on PSN on the 7th!

Definitely a digital purchase, loved the demo and the daily challenges are a stroke of genius.

Also i have 40 in credit at GAME. So may as well get a PSN card with it now.

Goat is hungry.....

• Gregolution 29 Feb 2012 13:02:37 3,258 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think I'll get this on digital too. Was going to put in a pre order with shopto but digital is so much easier...
  • Zizoo 29 Feb 2012 13:10:41 8,378 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Derblington

Thanks. I hope the game is only 954mbs. My tiny memory card is struggling.
  • THFourteen 29 Feb 2012 13:14:29 33,439 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    can you buy psn credit at HMV?
  • ElNino9 29 Feb 2012 13:22:28 13,430 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I think you can, though the big one in Manchester didn't have any the other day.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• bef 29 Feb 2012 13:24:18 1,629 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Derblington That is exccellent news. I didn't expect much of this. But after playing the demo I am impressed by its graphics and the details of the environment. Generic as hell? Sure. But at the same time it has its own unique feel. This has got something to do with a particular use of bright colors (the machinery in the hangar, the computerscreens etc) and detail on surfaces for instance: I like.

Online co op on a handheld: bring it.
  • Gregolution 29 Feb 2012 14:15:47 3,258 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Why not buy it discounted online? I always buy my credit between 10 and 20% discounted so everything on the PS Store is even cheaper. ebay, zavvi etc. These 30 quid games can easily only cost 24 ;)
  • infoxicated 29 Feb 2012 14:35:38 1,127 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did anyone else have issues with the demo? The audio was completely buggered for me - cutting in and out, before cutting out for good at the mine diffusing section.

I thought some of it was a bit contrived, to be honest - shooting a laser anti-trespass beam on a door to avoid setting off the alarm. Looks like Zipper is employing even younger school kids to come up with game design mechanics than they did with MAG & SOCOM 4! :D

But it did remind me of how much fun I had with SOCOM Fireteam Bravo on the PSP, so for that I'm intrigued and with the lack of any other shooters for the Vita right now... might as well go for it.
  • PrivateFloyd 29 Feb 2012 16:08:42 4,135 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    when did you download the demo?

It was removed from the store recently as people were reporting bugs and hard crashes. It is now back up and seems to be working ok.

Might be worth deleting it and re-downloading it anyway.

Goat is hungry.....

• infoxicated 1 Mar 2012 09:25:32 1,127 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got it when I saw it was back on the store on Sunday evening.

I'll just wait to see people's opinions of it - I don't think Zipper have ever released a game without major bugs, although at least these days they tend to patch them after a few weeks/months. Just had my fingers burnt a few too many times by them! :)
  • hilts 1 Mar 2012 09:38:33 125 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had same issue with the demo , may try and redownload at some point
  • Anthony_UK 1 Mar 2012 10:01:40 2,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm in two minds over this, I'm aldo still getting used to the vita sticks which may be part of the issue.

Attempting the missions stealthily is quite fun and appears to be the way towards high scores, but on each run through I've been spotted by enemies who shouldn't be able to see me which is annoying, the problem then for me is once guards are alerted the action doesn't feel as natural or as dynamic as it should, with what appears to be the bear minimum of AI.
  • Zizoo 1 Mar 2012 10:05:38 8,378 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I haven't had any issues with the demo, but I may delete and redownload to avoid it buggering anything up.
  • RunningMan 2 Mar 2012 07:52:12 2,415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Demo is back up, played it final screen resulted in a black screen. Powered the vita off as I couldn't start any other games and then got the flashing blue light of death. Only a hard reset (power button pressed for 30 sec) corrected things. Loved the game, but not going anywhere near that thing. It's got a serious memory leak or something.
  • Zizoo 2 Mar 2012 09:16:03 8,378 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In that case I'll just delete it. I've played through it a couple of times, and the full game is out soon anyway.
  • bef 5 Mar 2012 13:58:20 1,629 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My local gameshop (Netherlands) was told by his distributor that this one is pushed back to the 22nd of March....

Edited by bef at 13:58:39 05-03-2012
  • THFourteen 5 Mar 2012 14:01:46 33,439 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bof! hope thats Netherlands only, and we are still good for the UK release on Friday. I wanted to take it on holiday!
  • Page

of 19 First / Last