Official UK Playstation Vita Store Thread Page 63

• Page

of 131 First / Last

• santashi 5 Jun 2013 17:57:00 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Obvious PSP stuff to put on sale but to me, a disappointing sale. I want me some cheap Riviera!
    I might actually get Riviera again if it did go on sale. I got a save corrupting bug when playing the UMD version, so didn't actually complete it. Mind you, I've got enough games that I haven't played to keep me busy (thank you Plus!). ;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• HiddenAway 5 Jun 2013 19:08:51 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another week has flown by and as we approach E3, more games appear on the store.

This week's first title is free to PS+ members and that is FuturLab's Vita version of mini hit Coconut Dodge, Coconut Dodge Revitalised (see what they did there?!). The game puts you in the shoes of a crab as he avoids being crushed by coconuts flying towards him.

Then, we have Limbo, a very dark adventure where you're trying to escape all kinds of creepy enemies and traps to try and find your sister. Those who grabbed it while it was on PS3 PSN+ will be able to grab it for nothing as it's now a cross-buy title. Trials for both this and Coconut Dodge are available.

Finally, there's Paint Park Plus, a remake of the original Paint Park game - though transformed into a stupid "buy the tools" version. You'll also find some OMG-Z HD DLC up on the store but as the game isn't out yet, I suggest you wait it out. Some release news is coming very soon.

Oh, there's also a 1st party PSP sale on right now so feel free to have a look. Finally, if you haven't got Rayman Origins and you're on PS+, then go RIGHT NOW to the store and grab it as it's now free. You can also check out Let's Fish! Hooked On which is on sale for 7.50 for PS+ subscribers (was 13.99).

Next Week
    E3! So pretty slow week then...

5th June 2013

****Full Vita Games****
    Limbo - 9.99
    Coconut Dodge Revitalised - 1.99

****Vita Trials and Demos****
    Limbo (T)
    Coconut Dodge Revitalised (T)

****Vita Applications and Services****
    Paint Park Plus

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    Paint Park Plus Tools - See Store for details
    OMG HD Zombies: ZIT Grenade Packs - See Store for details

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• jonsaan 5 Jun 2013 20:37:53 25,326 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I own Let's Fish, it's very barebones, I enjoyed it for a few days but haven't been back to it since.

FCUTA!

• Sharzam 5 Jun 2013 20:42:23 2,687 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Coconut Dodge Revitalised is free on PS Plus.

So as a result i downloaded it (i download all plus stuff) and was bored after 3 minutes. Its a mobile phone game (these days)in every definition, well i guess except you get to use the wonderful vita controls.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Plant 5 Jun 2013 22:57:34 247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How are we supposed to find out about stuff like rayman origins (apart from this thread) it isn't showing up in the instant game collection link. Am I just being impatient?

Edited by Plant at 22:57:49 05-06-2013
  • HiddenAway 5 Jun 2013 23:06:45 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Plant The Playstation Blog is usually where news breaks before Twitter.

If you want to grab it on Plus now, here's the direct link to the web store. Remember to log in first before you add to your cart.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• johnson81 5 Jun 2013 23:11:38 373 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Plant

Exactly. I wish Sony would send an email out when new stuff was added. Saw Limbo today on the Vita store for 9.99. Didn't take a second look as I own it for the PC and 360. After reading another forum realised that this was part of PS+ and it was free for the Vita. Would have missed out on a portable play through if I hadn't read that forum.
  • santashi 5 Jun 2013 23:59:31 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just to clarify for more recent Plus members: Limbo's only a Plus freebie if you were a Plus member when the PS3 version was part of the IGC as it's a crossbuy game.

So check the price before you hit buy! ;) It should say 'free' if you already own the PS3 version.

• aros 6 Jun 2013 11:32:06 2,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Personally I think the PSP sale was incredible, I couldn't have designed a better sale myself. I already owned 5 of the games but picked up 5 I have wanted for a long time so I'm really happy with that.

Looking forward to the next wave of PSP games on sale on the 19th, which is payday so I'll hopefully pick up quite a few more!
  • aros 6 Jun 2013 11:34:43 2,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    electrolite wrote:
    OK then, which of these stand up these days and are worth getting? Is LBP worth a go while waiting for the Vita version to drop in price/go on Plus?
    I bought it and tried it last night and it seems like good fun. Definitely worth the low price and I think it will be a good thing to have on your system for a quick level now and then.

I haven't tried the community levels but I'm sure there are some absolute gems as there always is with LBP games!
  • Rhythm 6 Jun 2013 12:20:53 2,462 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Just to clarify for more recent Plus members: Limbo's only a Plus freebie if you were a Plus member when the PS3 version was part of the IGC as it's a crossbuy game.

So check the price before you hit buy! ;) It should say 'free' if you already own the PS3 version.
    Correction, you have to have "claimed" the PS3 version. I didn't, and so have missed out :-(
  • monkman76 6 Jun 2013 12:32:50 3,923 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rhythm wrote:
    santashi wrote:

Correction, you have to have "claimed" the PS3 version. I didn't, and so have missed out :-(
    Yes, santashi's post should say "if you were a sensible Plus member". I also missed out :(
  • mrpon 6 Jun 2013 12:46:25 28,416 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They should "add" the new additions automatically to your library for PS+ subscribers. This jumping through hoops stuff is unnecessary iyam.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• aros 6 Jun 2013 12:49:27 2,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't bother downloading the Plus Limbo either as I'd already played it on 360 and didn't fancy it again. :(
  • Rhythm 6 Jun 2013 16:07:31 2,462 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    aros wrote:
    I didn't bother downloading the Plus Limbo either as I'd already played it on 360 and didn't fancy it again. :(
    Snap, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go on the OLED
  • TheSaint 6 Jun 2013 16:51:49 14,199 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    They should "add" the new additions automatically to your library for PS+ subscribers. This jumping through hoops stuff is unnecessary iyam.
    They are probably hoping that you'll buy something else while navigating the store. At least it is easier now that we can do it through the website rather than having to visit the store via the console.
  • santashi 6 Jun 2013 19:45:15 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Rhythm wrote:
    santashi wrote:

Yes, santashi's post should say "if you were a sensible Plus member". I also missed out :(
    Heh, true. I always 'buy' the free games no matter what they are, in case I might want to give them a go in the future, and was just assuming that this was the norm. ;)

Worked out pretty well the other weekend when I had a mate round and we tried out various Plus games that we would never have tried if they weren't 'free' and available. :p

• Spectral 7 Jun 2013 08:21:44 4,969 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It worked out well for me. Had PS+ since they improved it last E3 but only got a vita a couple of weeks back. However I have been claiming the vita games via the PC webstore so now have a great selection of vita games to go with it. It was one of the major factors in me picking the Vita over the 3DS. Although fire emblem was mighty tempting.
  • aros 7 Jun 2013 09:20:54 2,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Get Disgaea Spectral if you need an SRPG itch scratching.
  • Spectral 7 Jun 2013 09:24:06 4,969 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Already have 1 and 2 ready to play aswell as FFT and tactics ogre. I have a particular soft spot for the fire emblem series in particular though.

Edited by Spectral at 09:24:16 07-06-2013
  • aros 7 Jun 2013 10:12:01 2,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I tried one of the GBA ones but couldn't get into it. Are the DS ones a lot better?

Advance Wars doesn't do it for me either. I love Disgaea 3 though as it just has so much depth.
  • Spectral 7 Jun 2013 10:19:10 4,969 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I cant really say as I liked the GBA ones too. The 3DS version is meant to be better than any of the others though. Its a completely different animal to Disgaea tbh. Both turn based strategy but Disgaea is zany comedic OTT crazy. Fire emblem is more a serious story where you get more attached to the characters. Also perma-death makes a huge difference to how you play.
  • aros 7 Jun 2013 10:39:39 2,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have you played X-Com?
  • Spectral 7 Jun 2013 10:41:56 4,969 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've played the new one not the original. Missed the original in its day and its difficult to go back to a lot of games that age with no nostalgic attachment.
  • bunglebonce 7 Jun 2013 11:25:42 2,106 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dying for an XCOM Vita announcement at E3.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• santashi 7 Jun 2013 12:48:48 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    aros wrote:
    I got excited then, thinking Disgaea Spectral was the title of a new release. ;)

• PazJohnMitch 7 Jun 2013 14:28:16 7,784 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am still hoping for Disgaea 4 vita.

Got my Puppy Paw Stick on D3V a few days ago.
  • electrolite 8 Jun 2013 17:23:51 470 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @aros

Cheers.Almost seems rude not to give it a go at that price!
  • walidb123 11 Jun 2013 14:40:11 4 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://www.edge-online.com/news/e3-2013-85-new-vita-titles-coming-this-year/

We need more info about this!
  • aros 12 Jun 2013 10:17:13 2,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shahid is saying a lot of interesting things on Twitter re: Vita. Lots of games coming including from "Large and medium" partners as well as small.

He says the "Big, Amazing" game has not been announced yet as it isn't ready.
  • Page

of 131 First / Last