Revolution (J .J. Abrams and Eric Kripke) Page 5

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Gambit1977 27 Sep 2012 13:03:11 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, I lasted 20 minutes of the second episode. Annoying teenager sneaks off despite being told not to, was the final straw.

Utter, fucking, drivel.
  • Ged42 28 Sep 2012 21:54:08 7,704 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just caught up with this and it's alright. Suffers from annoyingly stupid teenager syndrome, with characters existing only to wander around trying to find new ways to get themselves and the rest of the cast killed.

The basic mystery is interesting though and I might stick around to see how convoluted it gets.
  • oceanmotion 28 Sep 2012 21:59:17 15,673 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I imagine something like climate control, people couldn't choose for themselves so we choose for them and killed the power. One day they will find some super secret facility were all the important people live.
  • Gambit1977 28 Sep 2012 22:33:02 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @oceanmotion

I reckon they're all dead and in a time warp. ;-)
  • neilka 28 Sep 2012 22:37:32 15,679 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I reckon someone turned the power off to stop JJ Abrams making any more TV series
  • Peew971 29 Sep 2012 20:10:52 4,703 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Peew971 wrote:
    Also, where did Monroe find ice cubes? :D
    You don't need electricity to make that.

I'm confused.

Edited by Peew971 at 20:11:17 29-09-2012
  • MightyMouse 29 Sep 2012 21:20:13 1,127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In the new series stakes, Last Resort looks way better so far. Does anyone really think that the eventual payoff won't be disappointing?
  • Tonka 30 Sep 2012 07:48:51 20,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still loving it. Shame about the whole USB thing though. I'd rather see a straight up what would life be like fifteen years after an energy collapse show than one where they force some secret network stuff on top of it.

Beggars can't be chosers though and I like the stuff in between. More flashbacks of the dying years please. More from villages getting by too.

It's not brilliant by any means. But I sure hope it'll get a second season.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Ged42 3 Oct 2012 15:16:56 7,704 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nothing unexpected happening in episode 3, lots of double crossings, secret pasts and Marvin Gaye.

Mark Pellegrino is an ace actor, though he's not as cool as he is Supernatural.

Edited by Ged42 at 15:18:32 03-10-2012
  • WrongShui 3 Oct 2012 21:31:38 6,601 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah he's good.

Cowboys had revolvers and repeating rifles right? Why the fuck they running round with muzzle loaded rifles? Why can't they make bullets anymore? It's not fucking Warhammer 40,000 for Christs sake.
  • Whizzo 3 Oct 2012 21:40:55 43,038 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Probably one of the dumbest things about the third episode was it's pretty bloody obvious Mr Google's glasses are just flat glass the way they reflected light.

Oh and most of the rest of it was pretty rubbish too, this isn't going to get renewed.

Edited by Whizzo at 21:41:08 03-10-2012

This space left intentionally blank.

• HoriZon 4 Oct 2012 00:08:15 13,498 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It may get renewed the 13 ep run has been extended to 22.

Despite selling a pretty high sci-fi concept, the masses have fallen in love with J.J. Abrams' latest brainchild Revolution, which has carried NBC to some record viewership the past few weeks. To that end, there's some good news to share.

No, it's not an outright renewal—but according to Deadline, the network has been impressed enough to go ahead and extend the 13-episode order to a full season, which likely means around an additional nine episodes to round things out with about 22 total episodes in season one.

The sci-fi series, set in a swashbuckling future world without electricity, broke recent ratings records with its premiere. The series as a whole has averaged a 3.6 rating/9 share in adults 18-49, and 9.8 million viewers in Live+Same Day, which are pretty darn good numbers.

NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke said the show has exceeded expectations, and the network wants to give the writers enough lead-time to see what they can do with a few more weeks:

"We're impressed with the imagination and creative direction of the entire team on Revolution, not to mention the immediately strong response we got from the audience."

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Tonka 4 Oct 2012 10:11:02 20,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm hoping the title REVOLUTION hints at the armed conflict taking center stage rather than the magic USBs.

I would have preferred if the story was told in chronological order. I think they shot themselves in the foot with the current lay out of things.

The Stand is a much liked mini series right? It doesn't rush things too much. Revolution could have built in a similar fashion. The escape from the city / the walk from west coast to Chicago. The creation of the militia as defenders of law and order and their slow corruption.

They could have saved the slow corruption for S02.

First season is about how the family starts their little farming hamlet and about how the uncle builds the militia. S02 is the tale of the corruption of the militia and the creation of the rebels.

S03 is the big battle season

In S04 the vikings arrive and fuck things up. (A sort of rerun of how america was founded. French and Swedish colonies)

S05 The south rises.

You get the point.

• Tonka 10 Oct 2012 09:02:13 20,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's clear to me now that the problem with Revolution is that the creators don't believ in it themselves.

If they did they would have rolled it out chronologically like I outlined in the post above. Now they just gloss over interesting story archs and resort to cheap tricks.

Shame.

• Peew971 16 Oct 2012 22:53:56 4,703 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I keep on downloading it thinking it will get better but it's getting worse every week. I always expect a new actor from Lost to show up and surely there's always a new one around at the corner.
    The whole flashback stuff has been done and doesn't bring anything extraordinary to the show, everything is predictable (end of episode 5 is supposed to be a shocker?). And the worst thing about this show has to be Tracy Spiridakos, I checked her on imdb and all people have to say about her is that she's a terrible actress.
    I'll be damn if this gets a second season.
  • crashVoodoo 17 Oct 2012 17:56:51 3,853 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ive been stacking this ready for a watch but it all seems to be a pile of cack. Might delete it ...

Edited by crashVoodoo at 17:57:25 17-10-2012

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• ChronoTravis 21 Oct 2012 00:02:08 145 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am a bit undecided on this show so far, as it seems like a real mixed bag of some good ideas, with mostly mediocre delivery, with the occasional spark of intelligence. The characters all seem mostly like very predictable archetypes, and Miles is the only one that is vaguely interesting. The premise still seems interesting, but if the writing does not pick up in quality soon, I'm probably going to ignore this one.
  • monkehhh 21 Oct 2012 00:07:29 3,278 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm thinking it's generally turd - seems a lot of these new shows have been commissioned based on a general idea and a couple of cast members. The whole concept for this lends itself to allsorts of potentially great scenes, but it's just a bunch of fuckers having the occasional swordfight.
  • Fonzie 21 Oct 2012 01:06:50 1,814 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh dear. Not watched this yet but had a laugh at this:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-dumbest-things-tv-so-far-this-season/
  • FanBoysSuck 21 Oct 2012 09:00:38 1,453 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fonzie wrote:
    Oh dear. Not watched this yet but had a laugh at this:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-dumbest-things-tv-so-far-this-season/
    ha I was about to post that!

For the emperor!

• Julpero 21 Oct 2012 10:03:40 38 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Fonzie If only they knew how much dumber it got in the next episode...

I mean they outdid in stupidity everything they had done previously. Which is kinda amazing when you think about it.
  • Fonzie 21 Oct 2012 14:14:39 1,814 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Think I may have to watch it now to see how bad it is.
  • Whizzo 21 Oct 2012 15:25:44 43,038 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's terrible, the writing is shockingly poor and how it's maintaining an audience in the US is a complete mystery, perhaps it's like a car crash so people are just gawping at it?

I continue to watch it to see how much lower it can go.

• WrongShui 30 Oct 2012 22:52:42 6,601 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How did that guy stay so fat after 15 years of hardship?
  • HoriZon 31 Oct 2012 12:54:10 13,498 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Its still doing well in the ratings but in Nov it break till March other shows died when they did this like V and The Event and FlashForward looks like NBC wanna kill it.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Tonka 5 Nov 2012 07:44:49 20,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Walking Dead survived one of the more badly timed mid season breaks ever.

Where can I see the ratings for this (and other shows) btw? I think one of the reasons this is doing okay is that the ladies like it. I had given up on it but my wife wanted to continue.

I think that once you accept it for what it is then it's an okay way to spend 40minutes.

• L0cky 5 Nov 2012 08:41:41 1,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People are still watching this?

I think I made it to episode 5. Every time an episode finished I had the sudden urge to read an educational book, or watch a documentary or something.

To repair my brain.
  • Whizzo 5 Nov 2012 08:49:18 43,038 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I continue to watch, Christ it's bad, if I'd written my old P&P RPG campaigns as badly as this I'd have had my friends lynch me for such ill thought out garbage.

An example:
    Evil drug lord wants someone dead but can't send Miles in to do the job because he won't get close so Charlie gets sent in. Miles then rescues her without any problem at all when her appallingly bad attempt at a hit goes wrong.

The less said about flasks being able to deflect bullets at point blank range the better too.

Edited by Whizzo at 08:49:33 05-11-2012

• oceanmotion 8 Nov 2012 11:52:15 15,673 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I usually stick it out to the end of a series at least but time give up I think.

Rinse repeat of the last one.

Send the girl in, Miles can't do itand btw, you might get branded, totally worth it. Goes tits up, Miles gets in no bother to save the day.

Just fucking stupid.

Who knows what that DOD guy is all about.
  • Whizzo 26 Nov 2012 11:30:46 43,038 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decided to catch up with the three episodes I hadn't watched.

Amazingly the writing is getting even worse, apparently not only has physics all gone screwy now with dumb explanation in weaponising a failed energy production technique but it would appear that basic human chemistry has also been altered hallucinations caused by cerebral hypoxia would mean the sufferer was close to death not just having Led Zep playing while having a chat in your head. It also makes no sense because they weren't in a sealed fucking area, the exit they used was full of bullet holes and the tunnels were huge as well, the oxygen wouldn't run out in the first place.

How is this show still going?

• Page

of 7 First / Last