Crusader Kings II

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • faux-C 16 Jan 2012 22:53:14 9,640 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seeing as I've just pre-ordered this (17.95 from Zavvi, as you're asking), it seems polite to start a thread on it.

I really love CK1, right up until it gets really bloated as your court grows out of all control. Also the horrible crash-to-desktop bugs that still persist after all these years.

So, things I'm hoping for:
    -Better message/alert management.
    -Less bugs.

I never got to play Sengoku, did anyone here? AFAIK it was basically a test run for the CK2 engine, right? So, how was it?

/excited!
  • zoolophage 17 Jan 2012 13:35:28 2,277 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm really looking forward to this one. I loved the court creation and building up your dynasty via making marriages. The original game had a nice semi roleplaying aspect to it. I hope they include some kind of search tool that will make finding matches easier.

Win great prizes for pc, xbox, nintendo and psn in the 2015 EG Charity Raffle: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/289501

• Kostabi 5 Feb 2012 10:47:30 5,094 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoyed the first one, up until I fell out with the Pope and he put the boot to me with his lackey servants from Europe. Pah.
  • tincanrocket 6 Feb 2012 11:21:07 3,030 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Demo is very promising. Top tip - if you click another region immediately after pressing Play at the start, you can play as anyone you like \o/

It's also possible to mod the start date and play from an earlier date, but not much point as you can't save (imo).

Roll on the 14th
  • Xeaon 6 Feb 2012 13:33:11 608 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    tincanrocket wrote:
    Demo is very promising. Top tip - if you click another region immediately after pressing Play at the start, you can play as anyone you like \o/
    Great tip, much easier to get to grips with as a lesser character. England shall be mine :D
  • Xeaon 6 Feb 2012 16:54:21 608 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does anyone know if there's any disadvantages to having your council out on 'missions'? Or should they be used all the time.
  • CaptainBinky 6 Feb 2012 18:25:12 2,244 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Xeaon wrote:
    Does anyone know if there's any disadvantages to having your council out on 'missions'? Or should they be used all the time.
    They can get killed? Mine get bumped off all the time if I leave them out doing stuff for too long.
  • RunningMan 6 Feb 2012 18:34:31 2,451 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there a tutorial? Not just a load of text? Please paradox, I really want to play your games, I just cannot get into them. Ta
  • Xeaon 6 Feb 2012 18:55:04 608 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah right, cheers guys. Was hoping it was just something like that.
  • HisDudness 6 Feb 2012 19:08:52 1,017 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @RunningMan Have you tried Youtube? I don't know of one in particular, but I've seen a couple of "Let's Play..." That's usually how I learn how to play new strategy games.
  • CaptainBinky 6 Feb 2012 19:13:41 2,244 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    Is there a tutorial? Not just a load of text? Please paradox, I really want to play your games, I just cannot get into them. Ta
    Feasts. Feasts make people like you, and people liking you is great for not getting killed. Hold lots and lots of feasts whenever possible, and the game will be easier. Summer fairs are a waste of money though ;)

edit: My preferred way to play is starting as either a Count or Duke in either Ireland or Wales, because those territories are independent. So you can, for the most part, just worry about getting claims on neighbouring land until eventually, you can crown yourself King and then proceed from there into England/Scotland and/or France etc.

Edited by CaptainBinky at 19:17:30 06-02-2012
  • RunningMan 7 Feb 2012 08:17:24 2,451 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HisDudness wrote:
    @RunningMan Have you tried Youtube? I don't know of one in particular, but I've seen a couple of "Let's Play..." That's usually how I learn how to play new strategy games.
    Good idea I'll try that.
  • tincanrocket 7 Feb 2012 23:34:00 3,030 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Manual is now available on the paradox forums

/reads
  • FWB 7 Feb 2012 23:48:19 45,613 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds great. The Japanese setting didn't appeal to me, but this is right up my alley.
  • RunningMan 14 Feb 2012 11:22:54 2,451 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decent review here, sounds great.
  • Xeaon 14 Feb 2012 11:46:46 608 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why is it not out yet, gg better not be waiting for steam to release :/

edit: nm they didn't \o/

Edited by Xeaon at 13:12:14 14-02-2012
  • Xeaon 15 Feb 2012 19:23:25 608 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can anyone explain the basics of succession to me? I can't grasp why I keep losing half my kingdom to bloody family memebers etc :(
  • Xeaon 16 Feb 2012 00:14:31 608 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah it was, i've changed it all now and getting the hang of things. Thanks for all the info, hopefully I can survive an angry french invasion next.
  • tincanrocket 16 Feb 2012 09:24:07 3,030 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Loving this so far - playing as Earl of Gloucester and creating the awesome de Clifford dynasty. Harold Godwinson held off both the Norman and Norwegian invasions, so we are trying to bring Saxon justice to the Welsh borders, whilst sowing the de Clifford seed far and wide. 1101 and Gwent has just fallen to our might. Glamorgan next!

My favourite Paradox game to date, by quite some stretch
  • zoolophage 20 Feb 2012 09:56:51 2,277 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't realise that this was being released quite so soon, so I was overjoyed when I logged into steam on Saturday morning and saw it was available! Unfortunately, I spent the whole weekend painting the living room so could only play for 20 minutes. But...it looks awesome from the little I've played. Looks like they've taken all the good stuff from the original and hugely expanded it. CKii could be my game of the year!

My laptop seems to chug a bit on map scrolling, even although I adjusted the scroll zoom speed. Anyone else noticed that? Maybe I need to drop the resolution down from 1920 x 1080?

Win great prizes for pc, xbox, nintendo and psn in the 2015 EG Charity Raffle: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/289501

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous