Assassins's Creed III Page 21

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• MadCaddy13 12 Nov 2012 07:56:13 1,982 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    So, I was pretty sure I was going to get this for the Wii U launch. Is it still worth it? It seems to be getting a number of complaints in this thread, but I love the 2nd one. I was really looking forward to it.
    I'd say get it, maybe a few of the bugs would be wiped out by the time it's released.
  • mikeck 12 Nov 2012 09:42:44 1,936 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also, the addition of the naval sections was a master-stroke. Yes it's jarring, and seems a bit odd to have these sections in an AC game, but sailing the ship, and combat are so much fun. I did about five privateer missions back to back yesterday and had a blast!

Plus - Peg-Leg missions give a nice range of mission types too.

(Edited out the over-use of the term naval) :)

Edited by mikeck at 09:43:59 12-11-2012
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Nov 2012 10:06:40 3,339 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Havent managed to get very far yet (think im on sequence 3 with Haytham) but i've seen so many bugs and glitches its ridiculous.

I've enjoyed all the other games in the series so far (even though Revelations felt like one game too many at the time) and i have experienced little glitches here and there, but nothing compared to this game.

Like i said, i've only logged a couple of hours of gameplay so far, yet already i have seen :

- Dogs falling from the sky and start walking alongside me
    - Redcoats getting killed and vanishing into thin air
    - Rifles floating around
    - Wolves running through trees and attacking me

In the previous games, whenever there was a little glitch or bug, i would simply tell myself "its a glitch in the Animus" and would forget about them. This game has so many though its starting to take me out of the game.

Really disappointed, because the story and gameplay seems excellent so far.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• disusedgenius 12 Nov 2012 10:18:19 5,431 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How odd, I've got though to sequence 6 or so without any bugs - on the PS3 as well!

My main points of contention are:

* Why the fuck couldn't Ubisoft fix the intersection of Haytham's cloak with his horse?!?!? /0\

* Climbing trees is great - rock climbing is a frustrating 'search for correct texture which is only subtly different from the others' exercise. Somehow a guy who can grasp securely to a half inch window frame can't deal with 90% of cliff faces.
  • theguy 12 Nov 2012 12:47:11 653 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    When I got stuck in a tree I just replayed a mission
  • Raiko101 12 Nov 2012 15:05:24 6,434 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    So, I was pretty sure I was going to get this for the Wii U launch. Is it still worth it? It seems to be getting a number of complaints in this thread, but I love the 2nd one. I was really looking forward to it.
    I'd say get it, maybe a few of the bugs would be wiped out by the time it's released.
    I'm hoping so, but with the few additional extras on the Wii U, i'm wondering if these bugs will have been ignored.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Syrette 12 Nov 2012 19:07:29 43,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, the game is so bad that you played it all the way to completion.

• Deleted user 12 November 2012 19:20:51
    If it's that bad what is wrong with you that you kept playing it is what he's asking.
  • theguy 12 Nov 2012 19:22:16 653 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    the last mission is the worst thing i have ever seen in one of the worst games i have ever played in my life.
    Chasing Charles Lee?
    That wasn't that bad at all. I jumped on the ship on the left. Worst thing ever?  Maybe if you tried to fully sync it, it was hard but otherwise it's surely not that bad?

I must admit though, I'm not really compelled to play this game after completing the main story
  • Syrette 12 Nov 2012 19:23:07 43,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If it's so bad why didn't you just abandon it? Why waste your time on something you apparently dislike so much?

edit; or what Aargh said

Edited by Syrette at 19:24:37 12-11-2012

• 1Dgaf 12 Nov 2012 19:24:19 3,886 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    - Dogs falling from the sky and start walking alongside me
    I hope that's still in the game when I get round to playing it.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• spamdangled 12 Nov 2012 20:34:30 27,413 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm up to sequence 10 at the moment, and if it's right that the story gets wrapped up at the end of sequence 12 then I can see myself being sorely disappointed because very little seems to have actually happened, story-wise.

I have a horrible feeling thar the whole thing is going to end without tying things up so the inevitable sequel has threads left to play around with, and that we might end up with single player dlc to fill in all of the gaps in the story.

In fact, this being Ubisoft and the way previous games played out, I'm certain of it.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Syrette 12 Nov 2012 21:35:14 43,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    This game already has like over 1500 copies available on CeX website.
    Barely over 1000 for both platforms combined, which isn't that surprising giving it's sold lots of copies and doesn't have much replay value for those who don't want to play the multiplayer.

Nice try though.

• andytheadequate 12 Nov 2012 21:35:47 8,268 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seeing as though it sold hundreds of thousands that isn't very many.

How does this compare to AC2 then? The setting intrigues me but haven't enjoyed AC since 2
  • Syrette 12 Nov 2012 21:39:05 43,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    If it's so bad why didn't you just abandon it? Why waste your time on something you apparently dislike so much?

edit; or what Aargh said
    Simple really, he probably kept on plugging away as he has liked previous AC games and was hopeful that things would improve.
    Maybe. However I'm not trying to be antagonistic but if he liked previous games in the series then I'm not sure how 3 can genuinely be one of the "worst games" he's ever played. It's not a radical departure from the previous games. It differs in many ways but it's fundamentally more of the same.

To each their own though. Seems people either get immersed and love this, are disappointed in it, or just can't get into it and hate it. Strange to see such polarising opinions.

• SlimSpudly87 12 Nov 2012 22:33:47 72 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Surely this game can't have an ending worse than Kane and Lynch 2 ?
  • MadCaddy13 12 Nov 2012 22:40:51 1,982 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alright, try not ruin it for the rest of us then
  • spamdangled 12 Nov 2012 22:51:06 27,413 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    Also, the addition of the naval sections was a master-stroke. Yes it's jarring, and seems a bit odd to have these sections in an AC game, but sailing the ship, and combat are so much fun. I did about five privateer missions back to back yesterday and had a blast!

Plus - Peg-Leg missions give a nice range of mission types too.

(Edited out the over-use of the term naval) :)
    Completely agree with this. With a little more fleshing out of mechanics, I can quite easily see (and would happily buy) a full game along the lines of the naval missions.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• MadCaddy13 12 Nov 2012 22:55:41 1,982 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The 2nd peg leg mission really let me down. I though it was going to be an awesome exploration mission, but it was just a quick chase section that lasted about 2 mins. It looked like such a good setting! Hardly saw it :(
  • spamdangled 12 Nov 2012 22:57:47 27,413 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:

How does this compare to AC2 then? The setting intrigues me but haven't enjoyed AC since 2
    I'm really enjoying it, but it does feel like for every step forward they've taken, thry've taken another step back in design.

If you thought that previous games went overboard padding out gameplay with collecting macguffins then you may weep at this one. Feathers, almanac pages, treasure chests, trinkets, seekingly endless weapon unlocks that are more often than not worse than what you start with, all of the wildlife in each region needs to be separately discovered and hunted (so for an example you can't just kill a raccoon, you have to find and kill one in every single region), a seemingly neverending amount of repetitive side missions, homestead inhabitants, outfits... It never seems to end and is a really, really cheap way of padding out gameplay length and huge, largely empty environments.

Asset reuse is also pretty shocking, even by series standards.

• spamdangled 12 Nov 2012 23:01:35 27,413 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    The 2nd peg leg mission really let me down. I though it was going to be an awesome exploration mission, but it was just a quick chase section that lasted about 2 mins. It looked like such a good setting! Hardly saw it :(

Theyre pretty much all like that really - every one I've plated so far has been a cool little set piece, but incredibly brief.

I'm really disappointed we haven't seen the return of all the hiden symbols and riddles from AC2. They were one of my favourite parts and a really cool way of fleshing out the lore of the series.

• Syrette 12 Nov 2012 23:51:11 43,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:

I'm really enjoying it, but it does feel like for every step forward they've taken, thry've taken another step back in design.

If you thought that previous games went overboard padding out gameplay with collecting macguffins then you may weep at this one. Feathers, almanac pages, treasure chests, trinkets, seekingly endless weapon unlocks that are more often than not worse than what you start with, all of the wildlife in each region needs to be separately discovered and hunted (so for an example you can't just kill a raccoon, you have to find and kill one in every single region), a seemingly neverending amount of repetitive side missions, homestead inhabitants, outfits... It never seems to end and is a really, really cheap way of padding out gameplay length and huge, largely empty environments.

Asset reuse is also pretty shocking, even by series standards.
    All of the above is completely optional. The main game is long enough iyam, so I don't think any of what you've mentioned is "really cheap padding" unless you have to fully complete the title. Stuff like the club challenges are purely for the completionists amongst us. The game will not suffer if you avoid them. And of course the frontier environments are mostly large and empty - what do you expect?

Do the main sequences, do a few homestead missions, do the naval missions, do the Captain Kidd missions and play a bit of multiplayer and you'll have extracted plenty of value out of the game. I imagine the main sequences alone will take most new players about 10 hours to complete. Isn't that a pretty average length for a singleplayer campaign these days?

Then again you seem to like to complain for the sake of complaining but to each their own.

Edited by Syrette at 23:54:28 12-11-2012

• Page

of 30 First / Last