LEGO LEGO LEGO Page 235

• Page

of 236 First / Last

• boo 24 Feb 2017 22:41:03 12,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nice work, sir! What plans do you have for it?
  • werewolf_poo 24 Feb 2017 22:58:46 352 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Nice work, sir! What plans do you have for it?
    I have smoothed and filled it as much as I could and I have completely under coated it ready for painting. The colour might be trial and error, atm I have a just darker than royal Blue gloss ready to go on.

I have left a cm gap along the outer edge of the shelves and will be filling this with strip leds that will bounce down onto the shelves and desk.

Also had the corners sorted with hole cutters for wiring for monitors etc. Note to self, drilling holes in mdf makes it burn and smoke :/
  • Syrette 26 Feb 2017 17:34:43 48,369 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Prime spot for spying on the neighbours too.
  • ZuluHero 26 Feb 2017 20:13:13 5,441 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @werewolf_poo plus mdf is carcinogenic so I hope you wore a suitable mask! :o

Room looks ace though, in the process of looking for a new house and one of the things I want is an extra room for Lego! It's good to have inspiration :)
  • twelveways 26 Feb 2017 20:29:49 6,933 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My friend made these

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/FgLefZE
  • werewolf_poo 26 Feb 2017 21:07:33 352 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Prime spot for spying on the neighbours too.
    Giggidy

ZuluHero wrote:
    @werewolf_poo plus mdf is carcinogenic so I hope you wore a suitable mask! :o

Room looks ace though, in the process of looking for a new house and one of the things I want is an extra room for Lego! It's good to have inspiration :)
    I didn't actually but it wasnt a long stint so hopefully I wont die soon! I couldn't wait to get a room for all my lego as my collection is scratching the 2k mark, plus i want a dedicated area for me be able to game and not be under the mrs feet all the time when I am.

I looked at a lot of ideas but we bought a new build property 18 months ago with 3 bedrooms and the other half was happy to have somewhere for all my stuff so I just drew a plan from what I had to utilise the space. Cant wait to get it finished and "move in" :)
  • ZuluHero 26 Feb 2017 22:08:19 5,441 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @twelveways those look great, do I play with them or eat them? ;)
  • werewolf_poo 2 Mar 2017 23:06:57 352 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After realising that the UCS death star was just a playset I had to look to see what else was about. I can't wait forever for the new UCS Snowspeeder and it is likely coming out May 4th now and the modulars I need arent going anywhere soon.

So I bought The Porsche Technic 42056. Managed to get it for 160 delivered new. Looks to be a beast.
  • boo 2 Mar 2017 23:20:31 12,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Has anyone seen a picture of this UCS Snowspeeder? Supposedly there are pics 'if you know where to look' but my Google-fu has let me down, and all I can find is the old set.
  • werewolf_poo 2 Mar 2017 23:41:34 352 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kinda just looks like the original. Nothing spectacular but I will obviously buy as I never had the original.

Was hoping the 40 year star wars anniversary would see a new 10179 but nothing but rumours so far. Apparently the clue was on the new UCS death star box art as the millenium falcon can be seen in the bottom left hand corner.
  • THFourteen 3 Mar 2017 05:17:27 42,994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/New_UCS_Snowspeeder.jpg
  • Derblington 3 Mar 2017 06:58:57 27,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bought the Mini Cooper (again - I already have it at my mum's but wanted one out here) and the vw beetle on wed.
  • Flying_Pig 7 Mar 2017 12:57:29 14,919 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I received the Claas Tractor for my birthday yesterday :)

I think I'll spend the rest of this week admiring the box before starting the build on Friday night.

(Although I have opened the box to look at the bags and put the huge tyres on the wheel hubs)
  • Matt36 7 Mar 2017 13:55:59 1,977 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LEGO Worlds is out Friday, sub 20 in most places.

Not a Minecraft fan in the slightest, but this looks fun.
  • Flying_Pig 7 Mar 2017 15:47:45 14,919 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Matt36 wrote:

It does indeed, but I'm holding out for reviews before jumping in. My kids adore Minecraft, but find survival too challenging - hopefully LW will fill the gap.
  • Matt36 7 Mar 2017 21:29:05 1,977 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Matt36 wrote:

It does indeed, but I'm holding out for reviews before jumping in. My kids adore Minecraft, but find survival too challenging - hopefully LW will fill the gap.
    For the sake of 17 I paid on Shopto last week, I'm willing to risk it. If I don't enjoy it, the Niece & Nephew will enjoy it :)
  • billythekid 10 Mar 2017 13:45:24 12,085 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cool lego spaceship, it's in Russian but apparently it weighs about 15kg!
  • Matt36 13 Mar 2017 14:34:46 1,977 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Built the LEGO Pizza Truck over the weekend, maybe my fave so far!
  • Derblington 14 Mar 2017 15:15:31 27,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My local independent LEGO retailer is going out of business (LEGO opened an official store and I think it fucked him over by being cheaper) and is slashing his prices from tomorrow until his final day next week.

There isn't a huge amount that I'd be looking to pick up but I'm suddenly tempted by the Technic 24 hours race car and Merc AROCS if I can get them both at about 50% off.
  • THFourteen 14 Mar 2017 16:26:09 42,994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Derblington

Whilst I feel sorry for independent traders going out of business, if his prices were HIGHER than an official lego store, he was really ripping people off!
  • Derblington 14 Mar 2017 16:32:06 27,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, that was my thinking when I first went there. I've only ever bought one item from him, and that was before the official store opened.
    I asked him about prices and he said that he just took the price he bought it for and added a percentage across the board. Apparently LEGO don't sell cheap to other stores, which doesn't surprise me.
  • Malek86 14 Mar 2017 19:52:46 5,454 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have this sudden urge to pick up an Y-Wing, to complement my TIE Fighter... and of course I'm all out of shelf space.
  • Matt36 14 Mar 2017 20:11:39 1,977 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Malek86 I want Poe's X-Wing to go along side my TIE Fighter but I also have very little room because the TIE is so awkward ha!
  • Flying_Pig 14 Mar 2017 23:39:31 14,919 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    Cool lego spaceship, it's in Russian but apparently it weighs about 15kg!
    It ain't pretty, but it's huge and extremely detailed. Very impressive stuff!
  • Flying_Pig 15 Mar 2017 16:26:19 14,919 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    boo wrote:
    After three solid evenings of building, I've just finished the CLAAS XERION Tractor and I am stupidly pleased with it.

It's not as enormous as the Bucket Wheel Excavator, and several of the functions are operated by hand, but it's just so bloody clever. I am in awe of the people who are able to design this stuff.

The motor rotates the claw arm on the back, and also extends the arm in/out. In addition, the cab swings round through 180 degrees so the driver can see what he's doing with the claw. In order to clear the bonnet, as the cab turns, it lifts, swings round and then drops down again.

The claw itself and the extention arm are manually operated. And finally there's a three position selector switch behind the cab. In the middle slot, the steering is normal. Shift it one way and the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction to the fronts to give a tighter turning circle, and shift it the other way and all four wheels turn in the same direction.

It was a fiddly build from start to finish. Some sets give you a bit where you have to concentrate and then some simple stuff for a while, but this was full on all the way. And you'd better bring your sorting 'A' game - 15 bags split into 11 x No 1 bags and 4 x No 2 bags.

One of the best, if not the best Technic sets I've built.
    I finished building mine on Monday night and agree with everything Boo said - it's a fiddly, complex build, but is an absolute work of genius - the steering mechanism to allow you to switch between 2-wheel, 4-wheel and crab steering is amazing, and the rotating cab is also very cool.

It looks great and I love the chunk wheels - it's every bit as good as Boo says and certainly one of the best sets from a build perspective.

I should also add that both of my boys like the set too, from a play perspective :)
  • Khanivor 15 Mar 2017 17:01:38 43,104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think we will all be buying some of this when it becomes available.
  • Malek86 15 Mar 2017 17:07:36 5,454 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Caved and bought this Y-Wing set. I'll have to find some space for it, but should be well worth it.

I would really like one of the Ultimate Collector sets, but they are stupidly expensive (and also too big).
  • boo 15 Mar 2017 18:36:35 12,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Someone at work pinged me the link to the tape that Khani spotted. I've signed up for a couple of rolls - looks neat!
  • boo 15 Mar 2017 18:43:50 12,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Malek86

John Lewis have the UCS Tie Fighter and Slave 1.

They're no cheaper than the Lego store, but you'd be doing me a huge favour if you bought a couple!

:o)
  • Derblington 15 Mar 2017 21:39:37 27,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    My local independent LEGO retailer is going out of business (LEGO opened an official store and I think it fucked him over by being cheaper) and is slashing his prices from tomorrow until his final day next week.

There isn't a huge amount that I'd be looking to pick up but I'm suddenly tempted by the Technic 24 hours race car and Merc AROCS if I can get them both at about 50% off.
    Found out today that all his Technic is 40% off. I might just have to...
  • Page

of 236 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.