LEGO LEGO LEGO Page 16

• Page

of 137 First / Last

• boo 27 Dec 2012 22:01:31 11,783 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was 156, but staff discount brings it down to 116.

I caved in! Bought it on the way home tonight! Looks totally awesomesauce!

Keep us posted on how the build goes.

This is where I first saw it.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Flying_Pig 27 Dec 2012 22:10:44 11,001 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @boo - well jel!
  • mikew1985 27 Dec 2012 23:15:20 12,741 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

I remember getting this for my birthday, i was SO unbelievably happy
    http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6392_Airport
    I had that set too, was a great one, although that size of set was firmly outside of birthday territory in our family. Must have gotten it age 6 for christmas.
  • boo 28 Dec 2012 16:10:58 11,783 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So as someone who hasn't built a lego kit for about 30 years, anybody got any advice?

I'm thinking specifically about what happens when you've finished the build, and you want to put it away. Looking at various youtube vids, the big sets come in numbered bags to help you put it together.

So when you tear it down, do people just chuck it all back in the box, or do you try and remember what was in what bag?

Just Another Lego Blog

• THFourteen 28 Dec 2012 16:15:11 33,428 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    if its not all in a big pile on the floor its not worth playing with!
  • funkyshaker 30 Dec 2012 16:33:03 479 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Here are a few of my Lego Star Wars bits. Latest addition is Jabba's Palace.

Jan 2nd is my birthday and I have the Death Star winging it's way to me :)

Star Wars Lego

Edited by funkyshaker at 16:33:13 30-12-2012
  • morriss 30 Dec 2012 16:34:28 70,980 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice.

Just bought my boy the little Gollum and Bilbo set. I love thr Ring, it's awesome.

I really want Jabba's Palace and the Rancor moster but they're pricey.
  • Flying_Pig 30 Dec 2012 18:05:42 11,001 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @funkyshaker - I've also got that Millenium Falcon set. Brilliant set :)

And lovin' Stitch-Yoda :D
  • funkyshaker 30 Dec 2012 18:40:48 479 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @morriss - managed to get Jabba's Palace for 80 which I was happy with but I know what you mean, plus it didn't take long to build.

Loved making the Falcon @Flying_Pig - got Stitch Yoda from Walt Disney World a few years back.

My main problem with Lego is that once I have started I don't stop until it has been completed. R2-D2 took me about 5 hours non-stop.
  • Tonka 31 Dec 2012 09:48:00 20,430 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Next modular build will be a cinema. First PIC here.http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/hmillington/8313469567/sizes/o/

Looking mighty hot as always.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• barchetta 31 Dec 2012 10:10:56 1,334 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My eldest just got the Lego Club magazine through - some new range enitled 'Legends of Chima', channelling some animalistic type fantasy is on the way. More interestingly, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets are detailed - would make a logical next videogame too.

Kids got the Gollum/Hobbit set, the Gandalf returns set, the Urak-hai set and the Hobbit Preview set 'Escape the Spiders of Mirkwood'. All now made and looking very nice though would have been nice if Gollum was more articulated. Perhaps feel this more as they also received a few Halo sets - what the MegaBloks figures lack in 'humour' is made up for with detail.
  • morriss 31 Dec 2012 10:40:30 70,980 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LEGO Super Heroes 6857 Funhouse Escape has arrived! woohoo
  • Khanivor 31 Dec 2012 13:21:16 40,772 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Having gt one of each for Xmas I'm now wanting to get more Winter and Modular sets.

Which are fucking dear.
  • Blakester 31 Dec 2012 14:11:52 3,618 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My boy got the avengers quinjet set for Xmas which we spent a blissful three hours building yesterday afternoon.

The instructions are excellent and it really is fantastic seeing it all come together. Itching to do another big build but the prices are just too scary.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• RichieTenenbaum 31 Dec 2012 15:22:36 2,209 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I had a technic car when I was younger. Remember being pissed off that it wasn't remote controlled but it had wired controls. Useless.
  • Tonka 31 Dec 2012 20:36:16 20,430 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @morriss is it just me or is that set inspired by the killing joke?

• Khanivor 31 Dec 2012 20:48:22 40,772 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Got about, I dunno, a quarter of the way through building the firehouse and found I'm missing three of the same pieces. Can't find them anywhere. I know I have plenty of these ones in the Lego boxes but I don't want to use older pieces on a brand new set. And there aren't in a place I can skip over and come back to later without breaking the damn thing in half.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to build something else while I consider what to do. What a terrible dilemma!
  • Short-Round 31 Dec 2012 21:02:01 1,181 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Got about, I dunno, a quarter of the way through building the firehouse and found I'm missing three of the same pieces. Can't find them anywhere. I know I have plenty of these ones in the Lego boxes but I don't want to use older pieces on a brand new set. And there aren't in a place I can skip over and come back to later without breaking the damn thing in half.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to build something else while I consider what to do. What a terrible dilemma!
    Which 3 pieces ? That sounds unusual, as they sorted the problem batch of Fire Brigades. Anyhoo, you know Lego has awesome customer service right (genuinely the best I've ever encountered). Go to their website and navigate to the replacement parts section, under customer service. They'll have them out to you swiftly. You won't need the element id's, as Lego recently improved their database, so just search your set number, 10197, and find your missing parts from the list.
  • Tonka 31 Dec 2012 21:16:05 20,430 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are you sure you haven't used the wing pieces earlier in the build? That happened to me just yesterday.

Sucks if their missing though.

• Khanivor 31 Dec 2012 21:51:27 40,772 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's three of those two-bit smooth pieces with a stud in the middle. I checked ot make sure I hadn't put them elsewhere by mistake. I'll have another thorough check for them tomorrow. I've never had a single missing piece in all my years of building Lego, not that I can recall.
  • ZuluHero 31 Dec 2012 22:04:26 4,161 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's really unlucky, I don't think I've ever had a missing piece of Lego in a set ever, but Lego are the most awesome company ever, you'll soon have them!
  • Short-Round 31 Dec 2012 22:13:16 1,181 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You mean 2x1 jumper plates? Are you sure you're not just making a colour difference mistake - easily made, mistaking black for dark bley from the instructions (the Death Star is a pain in the balls for this). Such a common part shouldn't hold back your build though. And the modulars are, well, modular ;) They come apart by sections - Fire Brigade has 3, ground floor, first floor then the smaller roof section - so backtracking between floors isn't so much a hassle.
  • Khanivor 1 Jan 2013 00:18:01 40,772 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They are for the ground floor windows. I'm sure I've got the right colour and there's enough stuff to go on top that taking it apart would be a pain. Got an hour before heading out for the night, with nothing to do, so time to see if I'm just being blind or if I'm never buying a product from this company again ;)
  • morriss 1 Jan 2013 10:52:12 70,980 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Every set I build I think there's a piece missing. I subsequently find that it has been hiding behind another piece, still in the plastic in the box, or I've used it wrongly never had a missing piece n
  • Tonka 1 Jan 2013 13:18:48 20,430 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's the classic fear of every LEGO build. I'm the same. The joy once you find the piece is great though.

• caligari 1 Jan 2013 13:52:10 17,057 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I put together this Vampyre's Castle for my partner's little nephew on Sunday. It took me a good few hours, but it was brilliant fun.

There are some great 'hidden traps' in the castle - trapdoors which drop figures onto spikes etc. The figures are also fantastically detailed.

I'm now rather tempted to pick up a few of the Monster Fighter sets for myself.
  • funkyshaker 1 Jan 2013 16:37:00 479 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    funkyshaker wrote:
    Here are a few of my Lego Star Wars bits. Latest addition is Jabba's Palace.

Jan 2nd is my birthday and I have the Death Star winging it's way to me :)

Star Wars Lego
    Just added my latest acquisition to the link above. I'm going to be busy :)
  • Tonka 1 Jan 2013 20:41:27 20,430 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just finished the first out of three robots in the LEGO MBA kit 3.

Extremely fun and amazing result.

• Khanivor 1 Jan 2013 20:47:48 40,772 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Had a good search last night and I am down those three pieces. There are some spare in the second wave of bags so at least I could keep going for a bit longer, (side grumble, why separate pieces into bags when you're going to split 2200 pieces into only two bags?)
  • funkyshaker 1 Jan 2013 21:31:06 479 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Argh! Bit missing on the Death Star - gutted. About to trawl through an old Atlantis set and see if I can find one there.
  • Page

of 137 First / Last