My mate seems to think that 'all men use moisturising products'. Do you? Page 4

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Bremenacht 11 Dec 2011 23:04:54 18,283 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    They reccomnd olive oil for baby skin instead of anything with chemicals in, and it seems to do a damn good job. I reckon that's the best stuff personally.
    I'm sure there was something on telly not long back with the oldest woman in the world, and she said that the secret to living so long and looking so (comparatively) young was that she rubbed olive oil into her skin every day.
    Was she the grandmother of someone called 'Furbs'?
  • Bremenacht 11 Dec 2011 23:09:18 18,283 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Drinking plenty of liquid is better than using moisturiser, so drinking plenty of manly ale is probably better than rubbing stuff on your mush.
  • neilka 11 Dec 2011 23:30:12 15,956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Drinking plenty of liquid is better than using moisturiser, so drinking plenty of manly ale is probably better than rubbing stuff on your mush.
    What about drinking lots of rich, moisture-filled semen?

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• ilmaestro 11 Dec 2011 23:45:03 32,451 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds like "your mate" will soon be inviting you round for one-on-one moisturizing sessions.

• Pinky_Floyd 12 Dec 2011 00:07:53 7,907 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    I caved and bought a Philips nose and eye brow trimmer for less than a tenner. Pulling them out is crazy town unless you only have a few hairs.
    pulling out nose hairs really hurts yet I cant help it if I see one hanging down below the nostril line. The trick is a really fast and hard yank. Just be careful to make sure you only have one hair grabbed at a time. One hair will make your eyes water, two will make you clutch your face and scream as if someone just hit you with a baseball bat.
  • Derblington 12 Dec 2011 00:09:42 21,638 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lol
  • Kid_Icarus 12 Dec 2011 00:11:40 556 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    Never used the stuff and neither have any of my mates, don't see the point really. I mean it's not like my face is dry and cracked, so long as you drink enough water you'll still be "hydrated" so it makes no difference.
    As a golfer in the UK, I disagree. I suspect anyone else who is in the elements a fair bit will do too.

(Or they're just hugely rugged, or that look suits them :D )
    I do spend a fair bit of time in the cold and wind for my uni course, plus the 45 min walk each way nearly everyday so I might just be used to the cold, but I don't think anyone would describe me as rugged in any way. :)

Some people really underestimate the benefits of drinking lots of water. Or anything other than booze and coffee really.
  • Razz 12 Dec 2011 02:40:11 61,205 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've got 4 different types of moisturiser and I use them every day. I use the Clarins range. Until I read this thread I didn't know some men didn't cream themselves, I don't know a man that doesn't. Then again, it's not something I usually ask someone, however I know most of my male friends do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Tonka 12 Dec 2011 06:35:39 20,440 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 12 December 2011 06:49:42
    I bet your mate's a southerner?
  • Zizoo 12 Dec 2011 07:56:27 8,378 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I moisturize if my skin is dry... :confused:
  • cheeky_prawnking 12 Dec 2011 08:12:49 4,584 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    I've got 4 different types of moisturiser and I use them every day. I use the Clarins range. Until I read this thread I didn't know some men didn't cream themselves, I don't know a man that doesn't. Then again, it's not something I usually ask someone, however I know most of my male friends do.
    I cream myself, just don't always moisturise.
  • Alastair 12 Dec 2011 08:13:10 15,762 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I use Oil of Ulay, and have since I was 15. I'm not gay though - I love boobs!
  • thrawn 12 Dec 2011 08:13:20 892 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It puts the lotion on its skin it or else it gets the hose again.
  • dogbot 12 Dec 2011 09:14:01 2,276 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sometimes. And quite a bit on tattooed bits.

Edited by dogbot at 09:14:10 12-12-2011
  • Deckard1 12 Dec 2011 09:23:56 28,002 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I sometimes get dry skin on my face so I moisturise. Does that make me any less of a man? Possibly. But there's a guy at work who has a face like dry porridge. Is he anymore of a man than me? Possibly. But I know one thing, old oatey faced Pete hasn't so much as felt a boob in close to 10 years.
  • Zomoniac 12 Dec 2011 09:40:03 7,831 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't. I'd have no issue with doing so, but not sure how easy it would be to rub in what with there being a beard in the way.
  • Madder-Max 12 Dec 2011 09:41:16 11,656 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nope. Does your mate have a manbag by any chance? Does he have a tub of vaseline in his manbag?

I only use shaving gel/foam on the face and nothing else because i am not a big pansy.

Wont use aftershave or balms because they age the skin. sometimes when i am feeling particularly manly I will shave using only the soapsuds of the shower gel used on my hair.

/Growls

99 problems and being ginger is one

• glo 12 Dec 2011 09:45:00 3,425 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    don't use moisturiser, only bloke I know that does is my brother in law.
  • Murbal 12 Dec 2011 09:50:32 22,223 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    I don't normally ask men if they cream themselves either. I take it as a given.
  • King_Edward 12 Dec 2011 10:04:44 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No, but I get why some men do. We're not all blessed with natural beauty.
  • LockeTribal 12 Dec 2011 10:18:24 4,515 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I sometimes moisturise, but only very occasionally. Wee patch of dry skin on my forehead that sometimes needs attention but that's it.
  • Angela7F 12 Dec 2011 10:19:30 16 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I work at a spa so moisturizing and exfoliating people is my profession, but yeah, my boyfirend will never do it himself, even if his face bleeds from the dry air. But if I do it for him, he will not complain.
    Maybe what men need are girlfriends that will apply it for them :)
  • Deckard1 12 Dec 2011 10:23:29 28,002 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A girl!!!!!!

Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God
  • sirtacos 12 Dec 2011 10:45:32 7,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quick, get the net!
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Dec 2011 10:54:30 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Angela7F wrote:
    Maybe what men need are girlfriends that will apply it for them :)
    Believe me the hunt is still on.

Edited by L_Franko at 10:55:10 12-12-2011
  • Deleted user 12 December 2011 12:30:18
    I've bought moisturisier now and then, but find I apply it a couple of times and then forget about it and end up discovering it in a drawer months later at which point I give it to my lass.

Like has been said, making sure you're hydrated is the most effective way of having your skin look good I've found.

I did think about getting some of that stuff that Boots sell that has been "proven" to actually make a difference, but it cost a load and I've got grey hair, so who am I trying to kid.

I'll just go back to sand blasting my face clean :)
  • w00t 12 Dec 2011 13:16:07 11,120 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never.

I have used Dove soap exclusively since I was about 13 though.

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Page

of 8 First / Last